Options

wonder when we will here about rescheduled tour dates 2021?

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,327
    They did for North America.  Not for Europe.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,209
    Just move the entire tour with similar timing to 2021. Before all the other bands / events snatch up all the dates.

This seems to be what everyone else is doing.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,885
    Just move the entire tour with similar timing to 2021. Before all the other bands / events snatch up all the dates.

I agree though the fact that we do not know if spring is doable yet maybe what they are holding off on. I saw fuck it and bring out the dates. We all know the risk right now with booking and it would be nice to have something to look forward to. If it moves to the fall it moves to the fall no big deal imo. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,940
    Still waiting for my money from f2f sales back in March.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    PJNB said:

I agree though the fact that we do not know if spring is doable yet maybe what they are holding off on. I saw fuck it and bring out the dates. We all know the risk right now with booking and it would be nice to have something to look forward to. If it moves to the fall it moves to the fall no big deal imo. 
    No chance US will be ready by spring. The rest of the planet, maybe, but not here
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,649
    ACL was cancelled today.  I have a feeling they were playing this year too
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,732
    Rebooking a string of dates must be so time intensive and involve a super level of planning and layers of costs. A lot of detail to resolve and sort through and a lot of people involved. I guess there will be a reluctance to go to those lengths without some certainty it can happen. I know other acts have, but it might be seen as wasteful if they get cancelled again.......My guess would also be that whilst insurance may have covered these things the first time around.....that wouldnt be part of the deal this time
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:

No chance US will be ready by spring. The rest of the planet, maybe, but not here
    No chance is very strong wording.  If the vaccine comes at the end of the year, I don’t think spring will be a problem.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,327
    It seems there won’t be shows before a vaccine because if there were going to be something done with distancing and masks etc. we already would have heard.  When vaccines that the US, EU, UK and Canada (no disrespect to other places) can get are approved and there is a timeline for their distribution, then plans could be made with some degree of certainty.  Assuming one or more of the vaccine candidates that are entering Stage 3 testing this summer do well, this should allow for a December announcement.  I was more optimistic for a while but now I think Euro next June/July is the earliest we will see them play.  I hope I am wrong.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,560
    I would have to think the outdoor amphitheaters are going to be popular the next several years.  20,000 person venue and limit to about 10,000 capacity with encourage social distancing.  
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I would have to think the outdoor amphitheaters are going to be popular the next several years.  20,000 person venue and limit to about 10,000 capacity with encourage social distancing.  

I trust you know how people tend to jam certain parts of GA areas. You've probably also seen the "I have three people. Is it ok if I try to smuggle my 8 year old in to the row with my wife and I?" posts.

Now just imagine if every other seat was deliberately empty. The drunk yaks up in 310 row M are gonna have a field day to try to get to FL2 row 4.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    sedge75sedge75 Posts: 29
    all artists are reschedule their tour and we know it for plan but 2 misses: pearl jam, guns n roses...

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:

No chance is very strong wording.  If the vaccine comes at the end of the year, I don’t think spring will be a problem.
    Governments will have to figure this out, because people don't wear masks now, and people don't take vaccines now.  Spring is very very optimistic.  I would be surprised if there is even a chance for next fall (in the U.S. for sure).  
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    kramer73 said:
    NewJPage said:
    PJNB said:

Governments will have to figure this out, because people don't wear masks now, and people don't take vaccines now.  Spring is very very optimistic.  I would be surprised if there is even a chance for next fall (in the U.S. for sure).  
    Some people don’t, but the majority does.  We probably would have been wiped out a long time ago if some people not getting a vaccine rendered said vaccine ineffective. 

But yeah who really knows, the government still has plenty of time to fuck it all up regardless lol
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,560
    sedge75 said:
    all artists are reschedule their tour and we know it for plan but 2 misses: pearl jam, guns n roses...

Pearl Jam was also the first or second band to cancel their tour.  We were upset at the time and then days later realized how right they were.   
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,960
    sedge75 said:

Pearl Jam was also the first or second band to cancel their tour.  We were upset at the time and then days later realized how right they were.   
    Yep. They were so far out ahead on this. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    All concerts will resume in 2025.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    I think Europe will probably go ahead next Summer. At this point it's not a given though. I very much doubt there will be any US shows next year.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,037
    matt84 said:
    I think Europe will probably go ahead next Summer. At this point it's not a given though. I very much doubt there will be any US shows next year.

Here's hoping they officially put out their rescheduled Canadian dates.

• Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    edited July 2020
    Adding Prague to schedule was well worth the wait. Thanks PJ. Sorry I‘ve been impatient.
  • Options
    As the dates have been shuffled around it changes my plans. Ill need to cancel budapest and hopefully get a ticket for Prague instead
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    edited July 2020
    Bummer
    Post edited by vest71 on
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 605
    demetrios said:
    matt84 said:

Here's hoping they officially put out their rescheduled Canadian dates.

They were always going to announce rescheduled dates, but it's not 100% they will take place. God I hope so - Ive got tickets to 3 shows but I'm not going to let myself get too excited just yet.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Who else thinks the spring 2020 NA dates move to fall 2021? Announcing a tentative plan for all of 2021 would be nice. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,280
    The music industry isn't just guessing...  It's too much money to gamble with.  You are starting to see stuff pop up for 2021.  They probably know this all disappears after election day or that some form of treatment (they can't vaccinate this so I would guess its more of a flu shot thing) is imminent.   I would expect April to early May re-scheduled dates and an announcement near mid to late August or early September.
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    PD279656 said:
    ryph raph said:

Would you go to a gathering with thousands of people if there is no vaccine ?

Put a single slug in the chamber, spin it, put the barrel to your temple, pull the trigger.

LMAO

Thank you for the morning laugh i needed it. 
    3 heart episodes
    1st March 2003
    4x bypass in 2010
    Don't smoke
    Don't drink to get wasted
    6'   209 lbs. at the doctor's office last week
    In better shape than the majority of americans 
    Inherited terrible DNA. 
    Can't take risks

I SAW PEARL  JAM when they were in their prime.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,985
    As the dates have been shuffled around it changes my plans. Ill need to cancel budapest and hopefully get a ticket for Prague instead
    Same for me. Gutted about Budapest but that Krakow/Prague end to the tour is too hard to pass up. 

Hope they can still fit in a UK show in the gap in the current schedule
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 907
    The music industry isn't just guessing...  It's too much money to gamble with.  You are starting to see stuff pop up for 2021.  They probably know this all disappears after election day or that some form of treatment (they can't vaccinate this so I would guess its more of a flu shot thing) is imminent.   I would expect April to early May re-scheduled dates and an announcement near mid to late August or early September.
    You’re right, live nation knows more than world governments 
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    I'm hoping here in the US we'll be in much better shape next year, but if not, getting into EU countries for us in the States is not a given. I travel a bit for work and 14-day quarantines when you arrive in a different state are the norm. But internationally there is a travel ban to almost every country for US tourists.

Again hoping things ease by then, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities that European countries may have a mandatory 14-day quarantine in the summer for people traveling from the US. Which would mean you would have to show up two weeks early for a show, see it and then travel to the show that is 2 weeks later so you can quarantine for that. Fingers crossed we can get serious about getting this under control like much of the rest of the world has. 
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,606
    It magically disappeared in April when it got warm. You missed that?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.