Options

George Floyd Protests

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,576

You wrote this?  How’d you find time between skiing, boating, playing golf in the majors, sailing, etc. etc. or may we have your source?  Also, did you teach Rittenhouse how to cry like that?  He needs a new acting coach. 
    You forgot surfing Mavericks and Nazare on the same day while getting talking points from...
    newsmax
    infowars 
    fuQer Qarlson 
    daily stormer 
    zero hedge 
    daily wire
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t feel a thing for him or the victims. It’s amazing how even this, is a political battle of left vs right. What a shame.
    I don't see it as left and right.  I see it as going into an environment that will assuredly be hostile to you with a weapon that you intend to use and getting away with it.  Not a precedent we want to be setting. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t feel a thing for him or the victims. It’s amazing how even this, is a political battle of left vs right. What a shame.
    I don't see it as left and right.  I see it as going into an environment that will assuredly be hostile to you with a weapon that you intend to use and getting away with it.  Not a precedent we want to be setting. 
    This is where my concern lies. I couldn't give a shit about any one who was there that night that isn't law enforcement.

If he gets off on the reckless endangerment charge, we're going to see a whole lot of law enforcement cosplayers emboldened to do exactly what he did.
  • Options

And people buy into crap like this...  Because you aren't allowed to take your eyes off the person whom asked you the question.

C'mon.
    Yeah, he’s very remorseful.  

He's an idiot.  We know this already.  

I am pretty close to taking everything positive I've said back after seeing this though.  This pic would sway me as a juror, I will say that.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,878
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    You don’t. But most do. He’s a mass shooter on CNN and an innocent who acted in self defense on FOX. Both outlets over exaggerate and it definitely greatly influences their followers 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mickeyrat said:
    his mother needs charged. she drove her minor son across state lines transporting a loaded weapon he was not legally allowed to have.
    I think the story is she took him to his fathers house where he picked up a gun his friend had purchased for him.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    mace1229 said:

And people buy into crap like this...  Because you aren't allowed to take your eyes off the person whom asked you the question.

C'mon.
    My thoughts too. I honestly don't understand why he's getting so much crap for crying. I'd be crying too testifying why I had to kill 2 people and facing serious prison time.
    Did anyone double check and make sure the jury wasn't to his right?

It seemed like a really bad acting job. I have a hard buying somebody crying hard and not producing at least one solitary tear. 

I seen a shot of him making a more obvious look to the right as well.

What about the judge’s phone ringing with Trumps walkout song and disallowing the iPad footage based on the most absurd reasoning to ever be upheld? 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

C'mon.
    My thoughts too. I honestly don't understand why he's getting so much crap for crying. I'd be crying too testifying why I had to kill 2 people and facing serious prison time.

It seemed like a really bad acting job. I have a hard buying somebody crying hard and not producing at least one solitary tear. 

What about the judge’s phone ringing with Trumps walkout song and disallowing the iPad footage based on the most absurd reasoning to ever be upheld? 
    Kangaroo Court
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options

You wrote this?  How’d you find time between skiing, boating, playing golf in the majors, sailing, etc. etc. or may we have your source?  Also, did you teach Rittenhouse how to cry like that?  He needs a new acting coach. 
    You forgot surfing Mavericks and Nazare on the same day while getting talking points from...
    newsmax
    infowars 
    fuQer Qarlson 
    daily stormer 
    zero hedge 
    daily wire
    Dumb get dumber. Been to Mavericks. Never Nazare. The rest is gibberish.  Got anything else there kid?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Jeezus man.  You think that the kid really wanted to shoot people?

You purchase a gun hoping never to have to use it, people don't buy them hoping to...

Yes.  I think he wanted to shoot people.

I know this.  Because he shot people.

If he didn't want to shoot people.  Then he wouldn't have.

It's that simple.
    When I carried concealed it was never so I can shoot people...

You hope to never have to use it.

What was the cc for then?

In case you got lost on your way home from work, and ended up at the shooting range?
    When I went hiking I carried.  I should have been more specific.  It was for defense of a rogue wild animal, not a person.  I never carried in groups of people.
    i hiked in grizzly bear country in the past...you don't need a gun...just stop the nonsense.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,015
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

C'mon.

I can't say I thought it was an act at first but once they took a break he never did that again when talking about the same situation several times.

It was rehearsed just like him saying over and over "I was just defending myself"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

You purchase a gun hoping never to have to use it, people don't buy them hoping to...

It's that simple.

In case you got lost on your way home from work, and ended up at the shooting range?
    When I went hiking I carried.  I should have been more specific.  It was for defense of a rogue wild animal, not a person.  I never carried in groups of people.
    i hiked in grizzly bear country in the past...you don't need a gun...just stop the nonsense.
    Yeah, I have to agree with this. I've hiked and camped in remote areas all over BC and Alberta, have seen and come pretty close to bears and other large animals, and have never felt the need for a gun at all. The number of times you would need a gun in these circumstances are vanishingly rare, as long as you know what you're doing in the back country. If you were living out there it might be a different story. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I've hiked and camped in remote areas all over BC and Alberta, have seen and come pretty close to bears and other large animals, and have never felt the need for a gun at all. The number of times you would need a gun in these circumstances are vanishingly rare, as long as you know what you're doing in the back country. If you were living out there it might be a different story. 
    but you never know....nothing wrong with carrying a gun

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

but you never know....nothing wrong with carrying a gun

"Nothing wrong" with carrying some bear spray and bells. Lots wrong with carrying a gun. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

That's great good for you.
    You all don't have to agree with me, that's fine.

Moving on now.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,878
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

Moving on now.
    Just go shoot someone already. We all
    know you want to. That’s the only reason you have a gun. Booooooo 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

Moving on now.
    "Somebody throw up a gun so i can shoot you fuckers."

EV 1993
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,291
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

Moving on now.
    The only purpose a gun serves is for hunting animals for food. Any other reason a person carries a gun or owns a gun is simply for their own personal pleasure. And yes, if you carry a gun, you do so knowing full well it could be used against another person to "defend" yourself. Otherwise you're either an idiot or lying to yourself. It's the fear tactic that's working to increase unnecessary gun ownership and emboldening many to openly carry whenever they can. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Guy on CNN is making great points in comparing Rittenhouse to Trayvon Martin.

Martin was attacked for wearing a hoodie, having smoked marijuana, etc....

• Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

I lived in the Colorado mountains for 4 years with bears being an almost daily occurrence and the occasional mtn. lion. Never felt the need to carry. Ran, biked, and or hiked on a daily basis. Never needed to carry.
    Also lived in Balt. City near the end of the crack wars. Never felt the need to carry.
    Living in fear is no way to live.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

I lived in the Colorado mountains for 4 years with bears being an almost daily occurrence and the occasional mtn. lion. Never felt the need to carry. Ran, biked, and or hiked on a daily basis. Never needed to carry.
    Also lived in Balt. City near the end of the crack wars. Never felt the need to carry.
    But you would agree that someone who is not as experienced as you in those situations might feel the need to carry a weapon to fight off a bear right? I mean we've all seen the Revenant.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    This rightwing fuckhead on the stand is a fucking douchebag. 

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,131
    edited November 2021
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

But you would agree that someone who is not as experienced as you in those situations might feel the need to carry a weapon to fight off a bear right? I mean we've all see the Revenant.
    I've hiked Alaska, California, Texas, AZ, you name it.  I wanted to carry in AZ because I could.  I don't live in fear either.  Man this horse is getting righteous...

Edit: Went hiking in Iraq, Jordan and Dubai without a sidearm too.  Boo.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

But you would agree that someone who is not as experienced as you in those situations might feel the need to carry a weapon to fight off a bear right? I mean we've all seen the Revenant.
    As I was told early on...if the bear or lion is that close it's  too late.
    But yes with a gun you have at least a fighting chance.
  • Options
    Waiting on hiking lessons now...Bentleyspop said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

It's that simple.

As I was told early on...if the bear or lion is that close it's  too late.
    But yes with a gun you have at least a fighting chance.
    Hiking in Sequoia I was making noise w my water bottle and jingling my keys.  My GF didn't understand why.  She said "nothing is going to get us" which I replied, that is the idea.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,391
    I support the right to arm bears.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,425
    nicknyr15 said:
    No you’re not.  Anyone out there that night who wasn’t protesting peacefully was there for the wrong reasons.  I don’t care what side you’re on or who you voted for, gun in hand (which they all had correct?) during times like this, you’re looking for trouble.  So I don’t feel a thing for them as well. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    No you’re not.  Anyone out there that night who wasn’t protesting peacefully was there for the wrong reasons.  I don’t care what side you’re on or who you voted for, gun in hand (which they all had correct?) during times like this, you’re looking for trouble.  So I don’t feel a thing for them as well. 
    The one victim said he thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter....that doesn't change your mind?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,014
    so the reason he was there was to protect businesses, correct?

am curious why he seemed to be "on patrol" as opposed to "manning a post"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    so the reason he was there was to protect businesses, correct?

am curious why he seemed to be "on patrol" as opposed to "manning a post"
    I believe he left the dealership that he was "protecting" because someone called him for help to put out a dumpster fire that someone had started. The police wouldn't let him pass to go back to the dealership so he ended up somewhere else...at a different dealership it turns out, and shot the first guy.  Then he started running because people were chasing him to alert police that he was the shooter.  

This discussion has been closed.