Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    Perhaps if the media had any credibility, people wouldn't be seeking it from Joe Rogan. But self-awareness isn't their strong point (and they ain't the only ones).
  • Options
    Perhaps if the media had any credibility, people wouldn't be seeking it from Joe Rogan. But self-awareness isn't their strong point (and they ain't the only ones).
    What are you saying people seek from Joe Rogan?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    What are you saying people seek from Joe Rogan?

Russian disinfo. Where have you been?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,574
    No one at CNN can keep their pants on or stay away from children but Rogan is dAnGeRouZZZ!!!
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have no idea why some people can't come to grips with the fact that both of these things can be true. there are assholes of all political affiliations. Rogan isn't even republican as far as I know. 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    Neil Young offering free Amazon Music subscriptions.  Sounds like Neil is on board for poor treatment of employees.  Let's get him!
  • Options
    Neil Young offering free Amazon Music subscriptions.  Sounds like Neil is on board for poor treatment of employees.  Let's get him!
    https://youtu.be/FV4atySzUNI
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    I’ve gotta say, I have to wipe a tear from my eye. It is SO nice to see people talking about real issues about ol’ Joe, rather than taking the easy way out by taking potshots at his looks.

Sorry, but the Mods’ “We can be better than that” is just bullshit. Based on some comments here and even in other threads, we’re way damn far from being better. 
    It was a joke, relax. Your potato Messiah will live.
    I don’t know you well, so i’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or just acting like an ass.  I’m not sure how you inferred I revere Rogan. Sense of humor? Intact. Thank you for your concern though!
    You're right, I apologize to every potato who felt insulted by the unfavorable comparison.

I will try to be better.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,897
    No one at CNN can keep their pants on or stay away from children but Rogan is dAnGeRouZZZ!!!
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have no idea why some people can't come to grips with the fact that both of these things can be true. there are assholes of all political affiliations. Rogan isn't even republican as far as I know. 

an undisclosed relationship. who gives a fuck. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

He must because he is resigning over it.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

Yes, the alternate universe crowd is in a quandary.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

He must because he is resigning over it.
    I mean for it to be mentioned by a poster here like this is a big deal. it was consensual. he just didn't follow company policy. he'd look like a hypocrite if he didn't resign. but this is nothing. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Two days into February and no one at CNN has been arrested for pedophilia yet. Things are certainly looking up.
    Who at CNN should be arrested for pedophilia? 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    What is “the media”? 

There are quite a few credible news organizations providing accurate info. You just have to read or listen to them. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Two days into February and no one at CNN has been arrested for pedophilia yet. Things are certainly looking up.

Not should. Was arrested. But you knew that already.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

I don’t think anybody knows what you’re talking about. 
  • Options

I didn't. that's gross. no matter who you work for. 

but now do Matt Gaetz. Or Roy Moore. or...or....
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCox said:

Color me shocked.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792

Does streaming music on Amazon have the same affect on employees as buying physical object from them?  I thought the worker issues there were more related to warehouse workers.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    edited February 2022
    brianlux said:

Does streaming music on Amazon have the same affect on employees as buying physical object from them?  I thought the worker issues there were more related to warehouse workers.
    All a division of Amazon I would think.  I read where they were giving grief to a driver that didn’t want to drive due to tornados in the area.  Apparently Neil is okay with putting employees at risk so someone gets their socks a day sooner.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    brianlux said:

giving money to amazon is giving money to amazon, no matter how you slice it. (I admittedly use amazon all the time)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,185
    DewieCox said:

Color me shocked.

according to this the guy was arrested, sent to vermont, and was awaiting arraignment. sounds like the police have a handle on this one.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Cool, you presume you know what I do & don't know.

Anyway, you don't, I hadn't heard of this (I pay as little attention to cable news as possible), so I googled and found out John Griffin WAS arrested in December. (& subsequently let go by CNN). So there's one person arrested. 

Your statement  "Two days into February no one at CNN has been arrested for pedophilia yet" suggests there are more that should.

Did you misspeak? 
  • Options

Cool, you presume you know what I do & don't know.

Anyway, you don't, I hadn't heard of this (I pay as little attention to cable news as possible), so I googled and found out John Griffin WAS arrested in December. (& subsequently let go by CNN). So there's one person arrested. 

Your statement  "Two days into February no one at CNN has been arrested for pedophilia yet" suggests there are more that should.

Did you misspeak? 
    all lefties are pedos. don'tcha know?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    I’ve gotta say, I have to wipe a tear from my eye. It is SO nice to see people talking about real issues about ol’ Joe, rather than taking the easy way out by taking potshots at his looks.

Sorry, but the Mods’ “We can be better than that” is just bullshit. Based on some comments here and even in other threads, we’re way damn far from being better. 
    I don’t know you well, so i’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic or just acting like an ass.  I’m not sure how you inferred I revere Rogan. Sense of humor? Intact. Thank you for your concern though!
    You're right, I apologize to every potato who felt insulted by the unfavorable comparison.

I will try to be better.
    Red Hulk Mr Potato Head - Mr Potato Head Mad HD Png Download - kindpng
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    DewieCox said:

Color me shocked.

Arrested, fired, awaiting Justice….what’s the issue?
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Yeah Neil is way off on his stance of being for the earth and people when it comes to Amazon.  It's not a deal breaker for me, but I wish he would acknowledge that Amazon is doing at least as much harm to humanity as his arch rival monsanto.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I probably love Neil as much as you and am as against Amazon as you.  But like hugh said giving money to Amazon is giving money to amazon.  I know neil has come out against people buying physical product from them and even claims not to himself, but I see that as a cop out. There are plenty of hi res sources out there to tout including the $20 a year NYA subscription that I have.  Honestly I think it would be great if neil inked an exclusive deal with Band Camp.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:

I will try to be better.
    Good. Don’t fuck with potatoes. 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Color me shocked.

Fucking sick excuse of a human
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:

I will try to be better.
    Red Hulk Mr Potato Head - Mr Potato Head Mad HD Png Download - kindpng
    Oh shit, that's one angry looking potato.