Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Nami said:
    Putting the covid discussion aside regarding JR, with people pulling up old media formats to discredited someone is right?  Those JR snippets appear old, and so the NY comment.   Both missing context. Both wrong.

It's a smearfest on both sides at this point, in times of convenience, when the person is being attacked publicly.
    Yeah, snippet from 40 years ago and a collection from  the last 10 years seems like a fair comparison.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    edited February 2022
    yeah i must have missed the timeline when neil young was podcasting to 11 million people on a weekly basis repeatedly spreading outright falsehoods.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Not read up, but has Neil said anything avout GMOs that go past the rules and regolations in European countries?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Yeah, neither one influential to their fans/public during their respected timelines.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Not read up, but has Neil said anything avout GMOs that go past the rules and regolations in European countries?
    Neil says that GMO foods cause "terrible diseases". He was on record saying that in 2016 when he was on the Stephen Colbert show.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    “In an interview with Melody Maker in 1985, Neil Young backed Reagan’s gun control policies and said of AIDS, ‘You go to a supermarket and you see a faggot behind the f***in’ cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes,” Young said, Rolling Stone reported in 2013.

You want to talk about someone spreading information and harming the public.....That Neil Young is a swell guy. How much homophobia did Neil spread around in the 80's?

Neil Young believes in science..... except when he doesn't..... https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/neil-young-gmo-monsanto-msna649971

I don't blame Neil for arguing against GMOs but the science says that it is safe. Neil Young argues against that science. It's one thing to commit and promote eating organic but what he was doing was spreading misinformation and lies.

Joe Rogan is not doctor and says the N word. Neil Young is not doctor but pretends to know more than you and also hates gay people.
    So you’re saying Neil shouldn't go on Rogan and discuss anything scientific? 
    No. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that Neil Young is leaving Spotify due to Joe Rogan spreading misinformation when Neil Young is doing the same thing in regards to GMOs. Not only that, there was the collage of Joe Rogan saying the N word. Neil has his own skeletons in the closet with his homophobic remark.

I think it would be great if Neil went on Joe's show and they were able to discuss this instead of Neil throwing a tantrum. Neil is on youtube. Is he going to demand to be removed because of all the misinformation there? or how about Neil admits he is no scientist and has fueled the misinformation pandemic by spreading false GMO information himsel? Neil contributed to the anti science stance just a few years ago.
    Did you ever come back with which year you stopped using the word Neil used in -85?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    JB16057 said:
    Neil says that GMO foods cause "terrible diseases". He was on record saying that in 2016 when he was on the Stephen Colbert show.

if he's wrong, he's wrong (again, I don't know enough about GMO to comment). 

But is his opinion on GMO's a danger to the general public?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    “In an interview with Melody Maker in 1985, Neil Young backed Reagan’s gun control policies and said of AIDS, ‘You go to a supermarket and you see a faggot behind the f***in’ cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes,” Young said, Rolling Stone reported in 2013.

You want to talk about someone spreading information and harming the public.....That Neil Young is a swell guy. How much homophobia did Neil spread around in the 80's?

Neil Young believes in science..... except when he doesn't..... https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/neil-young-gmo-monsanto-msna649971

I don't blame Neil for arguing against GMOs but the science says that it is safe. Neil Young argues against that science. It's one thing to commit and promote eating organic but what he was doing was spreading misinformation and lies.

Joe Rogan is not doctor and says the N word. Neil Young is not doctor but pretends to know more than you and also hates gay people.
    No. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that Neil Young is leaving Spotify due to Joe Rogan spreading misinformation when Neil Young is doing the same thing in regards to GMOs. Not only that, there was the collage of Joe Rogan saying the N word. Neil has his own skeletons in the closet with his homophobic remark.

I think it would be great if Neil went on Joe's show and they were able to discuss this instead of Neil throwing a tantrum. Neil is on youtube. Is he going to demand to be removed because of all the misinformation there? or how about Neil admits he is no scientist and has fueled the misinformation pandemic by spreading false GMO information himsel? Neil contributed to the anti science stance just a few years ago.
    Did you ever come back with which year you stopped using the word Neil used in -85?
    What does that have to do with anything?

• Options
    JB16057 said:

He said GMO foods cause terrible diseases.

Stephen Colbert shot back and said that there was a recent study that found no difference between those that eat GMO foods and those that don't.  Neil then said, “That must be a Monsanto study that didn’t notice the terrible diseases and all of the things that are happening."

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

He said GMO foods cause terrible diseases.

Stephen Colbert shot back and said that there was a recent study that found no difference between those that eat GMO foods and those that don't.  Neil then said, “That must be a Monsanto study that didn’t notice the terrible diseases and all of the things that are happening."

I'll ask again: is his opinion on GMO's a danger to public health?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    see, I don't give two shits about Rogan's other nonsensical opinions because they don't affect the general public during a health crisis. he can talk all he wants about the evils of carbs, doing cryotherapy, the moon landing was faked (he has since realized it wasn't), but his vaccine nonsense is a problem. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    edited February 2022
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

What does that have to do with anything?

Context. You say that ”Neil Young hates gay people”. So to know where you are coming from, when did you stop using that word? 
  • Options
    see, I don't give two shits about Rogan's other nonsensical opinions because they don't affect the general public during a health crisis. he can talk all he wants about the evils of carbs, doing cryotherapy, the moon landing was faked (he has since realized it wasn't), but his vaccine nonsense is a problem. 
    Spreading misinformation is still spreading misinformation.

• Options
    JB16057 said:

so you think that all misinformation should be criticized equally? regardless of impact or outcome?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Exactly, some of his anti science episodes are the ones that Ive enjoyed most. Graham Hancock is a quack of the highest order in his field but damn if those aren’t entertaining to watch just because the possibilities they present. 

He just doesn’t go back at these guests the way he should.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,931
    DewieCox said:
    Exactly, some of his anti science episodes are the ones that Ive enjoyed most. Graham Hancock is a quack of the highest order in his field but damn if those aren’t entertaining to watch just because the possibilities they present. 

imo because at heart he is a conspiracy theorist. he just cant get away from it.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

so you think that all misinformation should be criticized equally? regardless of impact or outcome?
    Yes. There is a misinformation pandemic going on and it isn't fair to criticize some but not others. Misinformation helps other misinformation spread.

• Options
    DewieCox said:

i honestly do not think he knows any better though.

that is the problem. he lets guests on that say a bunch of fake news bullshit and does not challenge them. he is the one with the platform and he is letting people share misinformation that is harming people on his platform. he should know enough to at least question the guests or push back. 

"no way, bro that's awesome" should not be a fucking reply to some of these people.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

Yes. There is a misinformation pandemic going on and it isn't fair to criticize some but not others. Misinformation helps other misinformation spread.

There is a 'people believing in bullshit' pandemic going on.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

I didn't say you couldn't criticize. I said "criticize equally". and GMO misinformation does no beget covid misinformation. come on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,112
    JB16057 said:

When you can't measure the impact or outcome, yeah why not?
  • Options
    just gonna put this here. when did he change his mind? this was at the beginning of the pandemic.

• Options
    just gonna put this here. when did he change his mind? this was at the beginning of the pandemic.

When he realized conspiracy theories and being anti-vax could drive ratings and audience share.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I can't overstate how incredible that clip is. just....wow. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Defenders will right it off.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JB16057 said:

When you can't measure the impact or outcome, yeah why not?
    you can estimate the impact. one is zero and the other is massive. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCox said:
    Defenders will right it off.
    As Hillary having gotten to him.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

that is what people like to call "a receipt".

• Options

I could have accepted if he hadn't mentioned the adverse effects and that doesn't outweigh the positive. but after that....yikes. that's one of the bigger flips that ever flopped. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I could have accepted if he hadn't mentioned the adverse effects and that doesn't outweigh the positive. but after that....yikes. that's one of the bigger flips that ever flopped. 
    yep. there are other tweets with the full episode floating around today but i do not have time to listen to the whole thing.