Options

The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,919
    I believe this was filmed recently. I might be wrong, but they seem to be using some kind of videosystem for the image and sending it over the internet. I could be wrong.

The hundred million dollar podcast. Free speech. No authoritarian government.
    I finally listened to this.

You should be able to use the word if describing something.  I'll guess that these were all cherry picked to prove a point.  I don't have any other context because all I heard was what they wanted to cut and paste together.
    This was my point. I’m not defending Joe. I’m angered by the way things get presented  on Twitter. It’s irresponsible most of the time and only done to anger and divide (in general). Include a link to each clip and let everyone decide for themselves. No instead it’s “this is who the right is defending”. 

You could pull up Howard Stern saying the N word and he used to even have a KKK member as a frequent guest! But all is forgiven because of his politics and vaccination views? And I’m not saying people should go after Stern either.  Louie CK had a bit with the N word AND the F word. He got canceled for an entirely different reason though. And I’m sure there’s plenty of other instances of stuff like this. 

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,099
    nicknyr15 said:
    I believe this was filmed recently. I might be wrong, but they seem to be using some kind of videosystem for the image and sending it over the internet. I could be wrong.

You should be able to use the word if describing something.  I'll guess that these were all cherry picked to prove a point.  I don't have any other context because all I heard was what they wanted to cut and paste together.
    This was my point. I’m not defending Joe. I’m angered by the way things get presented  on Twitter. It’s irresponsible most of the time and only done to anger and divide (in general). Include a link to each clip and let everyone decide for themselves. No instead it’s “this is who the right is defending”. 

You could pull up Howard Stern saying the N word and he used to even have a KKK member as a frequent guest! But all is forgiven because of his politics and vaccination views? And I’m not saying people should go after Stern either.  Louie CK had a bit with the N word AND the F word. He got canceled for an entirely different reason though. And I’m sure there’s plenty of other instances of stuff like this. 

The KKK guy on Stern was on so they could rail on him. Stern is Jewish you know.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,981
    I think Rogan often tries to be funny and says stupid shit. I think he's a dolt, but I don't think he's honestly racist. I think he goes by the comedy ethos of "nothing is off the table". He's just not that funny, so it falls flat and makes him sound like an idiot. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

The KKK guy on Stern was on so they could rail on him. Stern is Jewish you know.
    I know. I’ve been a stern fan most of my life. Still gave him an “outlet”. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,367
    edited February 2022
    I think Rogan often tries to be funny and says stupid shit. I think he's a dolt, but I don't think he's honestly racist. I think he goes by the comedy ethos of "nothing is off the table". He's just not that funny, so it falls flat and makes him sound like an idiot. 

How is this being your go to, not a racist view?

Or rather, why go so hard to bat for Joe Rogan as not racist in this instance
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I had said what I said without watching the video as I thought I had already seen it and it was something where he was trying to be funny. My bad, yeah, I don't know what he means by "different brain". strange comment. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Or rather, why go so hard to bat for Joe Rogan as not racist in this instance
    I didn't see much in the video with all the nXXXXr comments....that one didn't seem too offensive without some context.

These comments are pretty bad though.  Very strange.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,405
    So a white folks brain is better than a black folks? Or smarter? Damn what a shit show this nation has become..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    So a white folks brain is better than a black folks? Or smarter? Damn what a shit show this nation has become..
    has become?  It's actually much better now than it was 40 years ago.  Those comments were commonplace at one point.

• Options
    has become?  It's actually much better now than it was 40 years ago.  Those comments were commonplace at one point.
    Yes I know but still it just feels worse these days, specially with info coming out in real time by the minute..
  • Options
    We could bring the NFL and ownership into this convo too about not hiring black coaches!
  • Options
    Yes I know but still it just feels worse these days, specially with info coming out in real time by the minute..
    that's all it is, now, Jose. more people have more platforms and often the ones with the platform or seeking one say the dumbest shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    An hour of the show which Joe Rogan quit his job under and then sang Rockin' in the Free World in his car on his way home. A song that would be written 2,5 years later. 

Great audio quality. Fun song selection.

https://youtu.be/uWoeW_WtQiM
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    that's all it is, now, Jose. more people have more platforms and often the ones with the platform or seeking one say the dumbest shit. 
    We could bring the NFL and ownership into this convo too about not hiring black coaches!
    Damn yeah this too oh boy! 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,254
    rogan commenting on race and different brains and things like that sounds like something jimmy the greek would have said back in 1988.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1988/01/17/jimmy-the-greek-fired-by-cbs-for-his-remarks/27536e46-3031-40c2-bb2b-f912ec518f80/

'JIMMY THE GREEK' FIRED BY CBS FOR HIS REMARKS

By George Solomon
    January 17, 1988

Jimmy (the Greek) Snyder, CBS Sports commentator, analyst and oddsmaker, was fired by the network yesterday after a controversial television interview Friday in which he said many blacks were superior athletes because of breeding from the time of slavery and that the only area in sports left for whites was coaching.

Snyder, 70, had been with CBS Sports for 12 years. In an interview shortly after the midday announcement, he said that CBS executives wanted him to resign, but he refused and was fired by CBS Sports President Neal Pilson in a telephone conversation from Hawaii.

"I told him {Pilson} I wanted to face everyone Sunday," Snyder said. "He told me, 'I can't let you do it.' "

Pilson was not available for comment, but Gene F. Jankowski, president of the CBS Broadcast Group, said, "{Snyder} made a number of remarks about black and white athletes which had patently racist overtones. CBS wishes to categorically disassociate itself from these remarks."

continues.....

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    rogan commenting on race and different brains and things like that sounds like something jimmy the greek would have said back in 1988.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1988/01/17/jimmy-the-greek-fired-by-cbs-for-his-remarks/27536e46-3031-40c2-bb2b-f912ec518f80/

'JIMMY THE GREEK' FIRED BY CBS FOR HIS REMARKS

By George Solomon
    January 17, 1988

Jimmy (the Greek) Snyder, CBS Sports commentator, analyst and oddsmaker, was fired by the network yesterday after a controversial television interview Friday in which he said many blacks were superior athletes because of breeding from the time of slavery and that the only area in sports left for whites was coaching.

Snyder, 70, had been with CBS Sports for 12 years. In an interview shortly after the midday announcement, he said that CBS executives wanted him to resign, but he refused and was fired by CBS Sports President Neal Pilson in a telephone conversation from Hawaii.

"I told him {Pilson} I wanted to face everyone Sunday," Snyder said. "He told me, 'I can't let you do it.' "

Pilson was not available for comment, but Gene F. Jankowski, president of the CBS Broadcast Group, said, "{Snyder} made a number of remarks about black and white athletes which had patently racist overtones. CBS wishes to categorically disassociate itself from these remarks."

continues.....

Yeah I remember that vividly! 
  • Options
    rogan has often made the argument on his show that black people are genetically and biologically superior. never heard him say anything about their brains, until I saw the clips above. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Extra bone 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Extra bone 🤣🤣🤣
    yeah that has nothing to do with anything, lol.

jimmy the greek also once said african americans have an extra muscle in their leg that makes them faster and able to jump higher. i think he was referring to the plantaris muscle, which is a plantar flexor of the ankle that helps the gastroc and soleus with push off when walking and running. not everyone has a plantaris. it is absent in 8-12% of people, so most of us have it and his point is moot.

non-medical people should maybe not comment publicly on medical things that they know very little about.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    rogan has often made the argument on his show that black people are genetically and biologically superior. never heard him say anything about their brains, until I saw the clips above. 
    Did you see the clip where he said going into a black neighborhood was like being on "The Planet of the Apes"?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Did you see the clip where he said going into a black neighborhood was like being on "The Planet of the Apes"?
    Get this....my ex business partner once said to our IT guy (who is black) that Michelle Obama "looks like a gorilla"

I wonder if he internally had any idea what he had just said.

I can't say that he was racist as we had a black receptionist at the time as well.  That's how I knew that he said it because the IT guy mentioned it to the receptionist and she told me.

Some people are just so used to using that kind of language they don't have time to catch themselves.

• Options

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    No one at CNN can keep their pants on or stay away from children but Rogan is dAnGeRouZZZ!!!
  • Options
    No one at CNN can keep their pants on or stay away from children but Rogan is dAnGeRouZZZ!!!
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have no idea why some people can't come to grips with the fact that both of these things can be true. there are assholes of all political affiliations. Rogan isn't even republican as far as I know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but I have no idea why some people can't come to grips with the fact that both of these things can be true. there are assholes of all political affiliations. Rogan isn't even republican as far as I know. 
    No!!!!! It’s one or the other!!!! Pick a side!!
  • Options
    Pulling in CNN out of nowhere, i wonder why...

What's next - mention "commie", "snowflake", "woke", "Children shouldn't have to be exposed to Ari Melber's hip hop references" ?
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    Two days into February and no one at CNN has been arrested for pedophilia yet. Things are certainly looking up.
  • Options
    how many people have gotten sick or potentially died from listening to rogan's misinformation?

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,367
    edited February 2022
    Two days into February and no one at CNN has been arrested for pedophilia yet. Things are certainly looking up.
    What has this to do with this thread?
  • Options
    $&@“@&$;: ohh ahh which way did the rabbit go?