Comments

• static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AEmqvyikM

Is this true?  Just looked up the Hipgnosis, then the blackstone portion, then the appointment of the Ex-CEO of pfizer.

Regardless, not good seeing Blackstone tied to his name/music... ugh

Neil sold his music to HipGnosis before Blackstone purchased them, so he has no actual connection to blackstone.  It is actually surprising that they agreed to let his little revenue stream be shut down temporarily due to the wishes of the artist.
    They don’t own the recordings.
    I don't think I said or inferred that? Thanks though.
    What’s the part of revenue stream shut down  about?
    Neil doesn't have final say on where his music is streamed etc.  The company that owns the publishing rights does.  In this case they sided with neil, that doesn't mean they will always follow his wishes.  The company bought the rights for streaming so they can collect those sweet .000001 cents a song royalties and for marketing purposes, so for the company to side with neil means they are okay losing spotify streaming revenue.
    It was a marketing move.  Now everyone under 30 is wondering WTF is Neil Young?
    This whole thing will be good for both Young and Rogan. More people are probably finding out who Joe Rogan is because of this. People that are always on the internet know who he is, but someone like my 75-year-old father wouldn't until MSNBC runs a story on this Young/Rogan/Spotify stuff. As for Young, I listened to a couple Buffalo Springfield songs the other day, which I probably wouldn't have done if Neil Young wasn't in spotlight right now. So I assume there might be others that either aren't familiar with him, or aren't very big fans (like myself) that are streaming a couple songs.....on YouTube of course. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    This came out today.  If untrue my apologies…

https://www.alternativenation.net/neil-young-offensive-remark-about-aids-revealed/

Neil Young Offensive Remark About AIDS Revealed

Let’s take a big step back to the year 1985 when Neil Young was still speaking his mind of the current conditions of the world. While Young was often looked up to as someone to spread a good message and a message of not selling out, he changed his tone pretty swiftly and became hated and problematic.

The AIDS pandemic was hitting an upswing and more and more cases came out. Neil Young didn’t read the science and took his own stance on the subject. Does this sound familiar? It should. Young blamed people who were homosexual for the pandemic to which, at this current time, Young has tried to sweep under the rug.

Looks like the mob is trying to cancel Neil. 
    Neil can do as he pleases.  There was several articles…today

if it’s incorrect, fine.  That’s why I asked.  

I’m sure there was no motive behind it. 
    I agree he may have not meant harm…but if true it’s still misinformation.

I was referring to your motives for posting it in here.
    You mean that Neil was spreading misinformation about a virus that was a 100% a death sentence at the time…that’s funny as hell.
    Language aside, Was it misinformation at the time? 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

Is this true?  Just looked up the Hipgnosis, then the blackstone portion, then the appointment of the Ex-CEO of pfizer.

Neil sold his music to HipGnosis before Blackstone purchased them, so he has no actual connection to blackstone.  It is actually surprising that they agreed to let his little revenue stream be shut down temporarily due to the wishes of the artist.
    Neil doesn't have final say on where his music is streamed etc.  
    You don't know jack shit about their deal though. Neil said, if I am not mistaken, that he still had control over the songs when the press release about it went out.

He also did not, in his letter say anything about asking them(?). He asked his record company to remove it.
    I believe he had a follow up letter stating that he no longer had control over how the songs were dealt with regarding digital distribution and streaming and he thanked warner and his other partners for accepting his request?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

You don't know jack shit about their deal though. Neil said, if I am not mistaken, that he still had control over the songs when the press release about it went out.

He also did not, in his letter say anything about asking them(?). He asked his record company to remove it.

This letter from neil states what I was saying he doesn't have control of his music to be able to pull it from spotify.  His partners had to agree to the request and he thanks them.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 2022
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

This letter from neil states what I was saying he doesn't have control of his music to be able to pull it from spotify.  His partners had to agree to the request and he thanks them.
    Ah okey. Just rememberwd him asking Warner. 

Well, I guess there’s always money in the banana stand. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

lol yeah there is always the banana stand.  Crazy that they agreed to take a 60% loss on streaming revenue, even though it was the right thing to do.
    Scio me nihil scire

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

lol yeah there is always the banana stand.  Crazy that they agreed to take a 60% loss on streaming revenue, even though it was the right thing to do.

be interested to see other platform(that pay more) numbers before and after. and theres so much to choose from......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited February 2022

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

Don't think it is that weird (as long as Neil is alive). Goodwill. Not looking like crooks disrespecting Neil etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Graham Nash leaving. 

IS THIS HOW CSN&Y REUNITE?!?!?!?!

“There is a difference between being open to varying viewpoints on a matter and knowingly spreading false information which some 270 medical professionals have derided as not only false but dangerous,” Nash said. “Likewise, there is a difference between misinformation, in which one is unaware that what is being said is false, versus disinformation which is knowingly false and intended to mislead and sway public opinion.

“The opinions publicized by Rogan are so dishonest and unsupported by solid facts that Spotify becomes an enabler in a way that costs people their lives,” Nash added.

David Crosby also united with his former bandmates in lambasting Spotify. When asked if he would join in the call to remove music from the service, Crosby responded on Twitter, “I no longer control it or I would in support of Neil.”

WHY ISN'T THE 80s GLAM ROCK SCENE SPEAKING UP?!?
  • /www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/preventable-tragedy-fox-news-silent-after-guest-dies-of-covid
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • India Arie has joined the growing protest over Joe Rogan’s penchant for peddling misinformation on Spotify—and she’s added further fuel to the outrage by pointing out his “problematic” comments about race. The singer announced her decision on Instagram late Monday, saying she has decided to follow in the footsteps of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, who pulled their music from the streaming platform last week after hundreds of health-care professionals sounded the alarm about Rogan’s frequent spreading of misinformation on the streaming service. “Neil Young opened a door that I must walk through,” Arie wrote, adding: “I believe in freedom of speech. However, I find Joe Rogan problematic for reasons other than his Covid interviews. For me, it’s also his language around race.” (In an interview with Jordan Peterson last week, Rogan argued that he had at least some understanding of Black identity because he is Italian.) Rocker Graham Nash has also taken issue with “the COVID disinformation spread by Joe Rogan on Spotify,” he said in a statement Tuesday. And for that reason, he too has said he will be yanking all his music off the platform. As more and more artists have cut ties with Spotify, the CEO offered to add warning labels to certain content, and Rogan himself released a video claiming he just wants to have “interesting conversations” and not “promote misinformation.”

• OLD MEN SOON TO BE 80 AND YOUNG HIP TRENDSETTING GIRLS JOINING FORCES AGAINST ALEX JONES ENABLERS THAT SOME ON THIS BOARD SEEM TO BE OKEY WITH?!

ARE WE ABOUT TO BE GOING INTO ACT THREE WITH ALL THOSE GUNS SARAH, JOHN AND UNCLE BOB PICKED UP IN MEXICO FROM ENRIQUE?!

• OLD MEN SOON TO BE 80 AND YOUNG HIP TRENDSETTING GIRLS JOINING FORCES AGAINST ALEX JONES ENABLERS THAT SOME ON THIS BOARD SEEM TO BE OKEY WITH?!

ARE WE ABOUT TO BE GOING INTO ACT THREE WITH ALL THOSE GUNS SARAH, JOHN AND UNCLE BOB PICKED UP IN MEXICO FROM ENRIQUE?!

HAHAHAHA!!!  That old fart wants to talk to Taylor Swift now?  He did a real bang up job a few years ago, lol.

Will he want to speak to Phoebe Bridgers next?
    edited February 2022
    nvm
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946

https://www.alternativenation.net/neil-young-offensive-remark-about-aids-revealed/

Let’s take a big step back to the year 1985 when Neil Young was still speaking his mind of the current conditions of the world. While Young was often looked up to as someone to spread a good message and a message of not selling out, he changed his tone pretty swiftly and became hated and problematic.

The AIDS pandemic was hitting an upswing and more and more cases came out. Neil Young didn’t read the science and took his own stance on the subject. Does this sound familiar? It should. Young blamed people who were homosexual for the pandemic to which, at this current time, Young has tried to sweep under the rug.

Looks like the mob is trying to cancel Neil. 
    Neil can do as he pleases.  There was several articles…today

if it’s incorrect, fine.  That’s why I asked.  

I’m sure there was no motive behind it. 
    I agree he may have not meant harm…but if true it’s still misinformation.

I was referring to your motives for posting it in here.
    You mean that Neil was spreading misinformation about a virus that was a 100% a death sentence at the time…that’s funny as hell.
    Keep going. Your motive for posting it in here was…?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Graham Nash leaving. 

IS THIS HOW CSN&Y REUNITE?!?!?!?!

“There is a difference between being open to varying viewpoints on a matter and knowingly spreading false information which some 270 medical professionals have derided as not only false but dangerous,” Nash said. “Likewise, there is a difference between misinformation, in which one is unaware that what is being said is false, versus disinformation which is knowingly false and intended to mislead and sway public opinion.

“The opinions publicized by Rogan are so dishonest and unsupported by solid facts that Spotify becomes an enabler in a way that costs people their lives,” Nash added.

David Crosby also united with his former bandmates in lambasting Spotify. When asked if he would join in the call to remove music from the service, Crosby responded on Twitter, “I no longer control it or I would in support of Neil.”

WHY ISN'T THE 80s GLAM ROCK SCENE SPEAKING UP?!?
    Fingers crossed for a Tesla - Elon Musk throwdown
  • I wanna see a Meltdown VS Sam Seder debate. I'll give up my Vault collection for that.

https://youtu.be/q6VRlG2TBhA

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2022/01/30/joe-rogans-podcast-stirs-big-problems-for-spotify.cnn/video/playlists/business-reliable-sources/

ironic CNN (Brian Stelter Clip) calling JR as misinformation.  The lady can even stop from smiling as she's talking ffs.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    I wanna see a Meltdown VS Sam Seder debate. I'll give up my Vault collection for that.

With every passing day it's getting harder to distinguish him from a potato.
    edited February 2022
    dignin said:
    I wanna see a Meltdown VS Sam Seder debate. I'll give up my Vault collection for that.

At least he's open minded and not controlled by the government keeping people down with vaccines that might kill you. And he's just so entertaining too.
    edited February 2022

This has kept coming out over a long period of time and into the present. If untrue my apologies...

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    edited February 2022
    I believe this was filmed recently. I might be wrong, but they seem to be using some kind of videosystem for the image and sending it over the internet. I could be wrong.

The hundred million dollar podcast. Free speech. No authoritarian government.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • I think you might be more passionate about this than you are about Greta Thunberg or KISS. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    At least r Kelley won’t be cancelled … wouldn’t want that gross thing cancelled….
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    I think you might be more passionate about this than you are about Greta Thunberg or KISS. 

Weird 
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I think you might be more passionate about this than you are about Greta Thunberg or KISS. 

Weird 
    Weird indeed.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    There's gotta be a joke in this somewhere.
    Greta Thunberg, Joe Rogan and Gene Simmons walk into a bar and bartender Neil Young says...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    There's gotta be a joke in this somewhere.
    Greta Thunberg, Joe Rogan and Gene Simmons walk into a bar and bartender Neil Young says...
    "Downtown, let's go downtown."

Simmons: But we're already downtown

Young: Oh, well then let's just stay here. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • dignin said:

i disagree. potatoes are smarter.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."