The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Nami said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AEmqvyikM

Is this true?  Just looked up the Hipgnosis, then the blackstone portion, then the appointment of the Ex-CEO of pfizer.

Regardless, not good seeing Blackstone tied to his name/music... ugh

If it's in YouTube you can take it to the bank.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    dignin said:
    Nami said:

Is this true?  Just looked up the Hipgnosis, then the blackstone portion, then the appointment of the Ex-CEO of pfizer.

If it's in YouTube you can take it to the bank.
     lol more conspiracy theories. NY sold the cash flow to his music, true. NY was angry about spotifys lack of editorial standards, true. Rogan did a good job backing up guest claims with evidence feeding into his anti vax narrative, false.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    edited January 2022
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Are we really doing this?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited January 2022
    WAIT

SO HEDGEFUNDS ARE PUPPETERING NEIL YOUNG?

HE IS JUST A PAWN IN THEIR GAMETO  SILENCE JOE ROGAN AND SELL MORE OF THOSE VACCINES THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS FORCING US TO TAKE?

SO MUCH FOR FREE SPEECH

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    touchy subject when questioned. I just find it all too odd to see, maybe thats just me I guess.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    edited January 2022
    Odd coincidence but a pretty tenuous theory since NY still controls the recordings and they have several bigger catalogs they could’ve used and Blackstone invests in all kinds of seemingly random crap. Also, Kindler hasn’t worked for Pfizer for a decade and was brought in as an advisor. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    AW124797 said:
    Perhaps you missed without naming names.  How do you know I was posting about you unless you’re that egotistical to believe that everything is about you.  But since you responded I guess I hit a nerve.  Asking women to not throw us back into the stone ages is not directing anything at one particular person HOWEVER thank you for proving my point.  
    AND FINALLY IF YOU FEEL SHAME ITS NOT MY PROBLEM 
    This is very interesting and progressive double down - all ladies united under one opinion. 
    At no time did I ask anyone to change their opinion.  I merely asked that when giving an opinion it’s best to post intelligently without anger.  
    If you’re going to comment on someone’s post take the time to actually read and comprehend the context. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Nami said:

Neil sold his music to HipGnosis before Blackstone purchased them, so he has no actual connection to blackstone.  It is actually surprising that they agreed to let his little revenue stream be shut down temporarily due to the wishes of the artist.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Yeah. Let’s harass her some more. Good look. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Tjm007 said:
    When did America turn into an authoritarian country that wants to ban everything and everyone that has different views ?
    When did America start over reacting and being hyperbolic to market forces exerting themselves on media outlets?  Something that’s been happening since we’ve had media. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,615

I don't know this artist.  I looked for some verification of her leaving Spotify but did not find anything. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    brianlux said:

I don't know this artist.  I looked for some verification of her leaving Spotify but did not find anything. 
    because it's a bad taste joke, aimed at someone who posted a song on youtube 10 years ago to mass mockery due to the generic lyrics and heavy use of autotune. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

DewieCox said:
    pjl44 said:
    Thank you for posting this, I wonder how many will actually watch it…I have not listened to much Joe Rogan, but I will sure as hell will now.  It’s so hysterical how hypocritical the rotten brain mafia is over all this stuff…Truly the twilight zone.     Keep on Rockin in the FREE WORLD JOE!!! I am sure you will be more popular then ever with this nonsense…., just like how Obummer became the countries best Gun salesman….
    You’re right about one thing. Exact same thing as Obama’s gun sales. The fear mongering works. 
    Well,  we will just have to see if fear mongering works for Neil “Rockin the Free World” Young….  
    The irony when people reference this song trying to burn Neil is amusing. 
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

Neil sold his music to HipGnosis before Blackstone purchased them, so he has no actual connection to blackstone.  It is actually surprising that they agreed to let his little revenue stream be shut down temporarily due to the wishes of the artist.
    They don’t own the recordings.
    Thread too long to read, though I did attempt a search to see if this has been posted. Seemed really odd to me that PJ didn't follow suit with Uncle Neil. Then I remembered EV has a new album about to drop... no way in hell he (or the band) gonna commercially hinder that so there you have it!
    Would be weird for Pearl Jam as a group to leave, but Eddie Vedder solo to stay on for that sweet sweet Spotify first week streams. 
    Weird would be one way to put it... inconsistent, unprincipled, hypocritical are other words that come to mind.
    Whatever happens it’s a lose lose with the bad faith argument crowd. 
    PJ pulls out of Spotify: “haha sheeple doing what daddy Neil tells them to do”
    They stay in: “haha sell out Pearl Jam only cares about money”
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    Thread too long to read, though I did attempt a search to see if this has been posted. Seemed really odd to me that PJ didn't follow suit with Uncle Neil. Then I remembered EV has a new album about to drop... no way in hell he (or the band) gonna commercially hinder that so there you have it!
    Would be weird for Pearl Jam as a group to leave, but Eddie Vedder solo to stay on for that sweet sweet Spotify first week streams. 

You really like to post this. Trying to make people aware that it isn't 1995 anymore?
    Kind of along those lines.

Just funny to me that people think that 2022 EV gives a shit about any of this.

Publicly he’s very sensitive to Covid related stuff do you think that’s fake? 
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    edited January 2022
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:

You really like to post this. Trying to make people aware that it isn't 1995 anymore?
    Kind of along those lines.

Just funny to me that people think that 2022 EV gives a shit about any of this.

Publicly he’s very sensitive to Covid related stuff do you think that’s fake? 
    It really doesn’t matter what I think. 

And it really doesn’t matter to me what Eddie Vedder thinks. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:

She had a YouTube video go viral .. I think the song  was called Friday.  I have no idea if she has any other hits…she made some decent coin.  People laughed at her.  She laughed all the way to the bank..
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:

because it's a bad taste joke, aimed at someone who posted a song on youtube 10 years ago to mass mockery due to the generic lyrics and heavy use of autotune. 

lol, should know around here!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    DewieCox said:
    static111 said:
    Nami said:

They don’t own the recordings.
    I don't think I said or inferred that? Thanks though.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    brianlux said:

Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Just a little aside- here and on the other thread related to Spotify, I notice every now and then some comments labeling Neil Young a "hippie".  That's amusing to me because it illustrates how little some here know about the man who has been variously, among other things, a folkie, a hippie, a punk rocker, a country bumpkin, a not very successful rockabilly revivalist, an activist but at times also flirted with being a conservative, a sometimes iconoclast, a syth-rock artist (briefly), a caretaker, and a writer. 
    Brush up, kids, lol!

Most hippies I’ve know are proud of being called hippies.  Is that somehow offensive now? I often refer to cannabis as hippie lettuce?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    I remember Neil on, I think it was Letterman, talking about his trains or his Lincvolt or something, and Dave called him a hippie, and Neil corrected him and said "rich hippie". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

static111 said:
    Nami said:

thank you for the constructive feedback to my inquiry, Jan 2021 was the purchase date for hipgnosis upon further research.  October 2021 Blackrock/Hipgnosis merger. 

must be part of the purchase agreement between NY/HIPg- for the shut down.
    DewieCox said:
    Odd coincidence but a pretty tenuous theory since NY still controls the recordings and they have several bigger catalogs they could’ve used and Blackstone invests in all kinds of seemingly random crap. Also, Kindler hasn’t worked for Pfizer for a decade and was brought in as an advisor. 
    yeah a stretch i guess. thanks
    This came out today.  If untrue my apologies…

https://www.alternativenation.net/neil-young-offensive-remark-about-aids-revealed/

Neil Young Offensive Remark About AIDS Revealed

Let’s take a big step back to the year 1985 when Neil Young was still speaking his mind of the current conditions of the world. While Young was often looked up to as someone to spread a good message and a message of not selling out, he changed his tone pretty swiftly and became hated and problematic.

The AIDS pandemic was hitting an upswing and more and more cases came out. Neil Young didn’t read the science and took his own stance on the subject. Does this sound familiar? It should. Young blamed people who were homosexual for the pandemic to which, at this current time, Young has tried to sweep under the rug.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    brianlux said:

How is anyone still joking about her, anyway? What's next - Where's the Beef?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin