Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Biden
    So Obama can be the VP?  The last I read is that no law exists addressing this situation either way.  In fact, which I could be wrong, then Biden could resign and there you go..please correct me if I’m wrong because I wouldn’t bet money that I’m right...it sounds too easy
    Yeah, Michelle Obama.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,739
    Biden
    So Obama can be the VP?  The last I read is that no law exists addressing this situation either way.  In fact, which I could be wrong, then Biden could resign and there you go..please correct me if I’m wrong because I wouldn’t bet money that I’m right...it sounds too easy
    I think that's very grey.  The question is whether the amendment to eliminate a third term addressed it as a succession vs elected.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,761
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I think that's very grey.  The question is whether the amendment to eliminate a third term addressed it as a succession vs elected.  
    I think he could serve as Vice-President, but would be passed over in favor of the speaker of the house if succession was needed. I’ve said it before, I like the idea. Hell, drastic times call for drastic measures. Trump must go. All hands on deck! Trump would cry, take it to the Supreme Court or something, and I think they’d rule that Obama can be VP.  And decades from now, it’d be a historic anomaly that he was VP after being POTUS...like Grover Cleveland’s non-consecutive terms or something. 

Hell, with the benefit of hindsight, maybe Obama should have been HILLARY’S running-mate! Looking back, that Hillary ticket needed all the help it get. Who was the guy she picked again? I don’t even remember. Tom Kite maybe? That’s it. Senator Tom Kite. Yeah, he sure moved the needle. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    If people can go out to protest they can stand in line to vote.   I’m saying this as someone that has been out at the peaceful  protests off and on in the last days.   When people start throwing shit and outside agitators start trying to get people to antagonize the cops Or set shit on fire  that’s when I bow out.  If we are feeling this strongly to risk our health and gather in large groups in support of Black Lives we can absolutely show up to the polls especially in states with early voting.  If they try to vilify and cast doubt on absentee ballots people have to be willing to take the risk to go to a polling place and cast a vote that will be less easy to challenge.  Some things are important enough to go out even with the threat of corona.  If you can go to get groceries, pickup take out food, you can go to the damn poll and help those that can’t get there.
    What about those of us that didn't go out there and protest due to COVID?  Did your decision to go out there speak for me?  And now I have to go vote in person because you were willing to protest?  Am I missing your point?
    Yes
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    If people can go out to protest they can stand in line to vote.   I’m saying this as someone that has been out at the peaceful  protests off and on in the last days.   When people start throwing shit and outside agitators start trying to get people to antagonize the cops Or set shit on fire  that’s when I bow out.  If we are feeling this strongly to risk our health and gather in large groups in support of Black Lives we can absolutely show up to the polls especially in states with early voting.  If they try to vilify and cast doubt on absentee ballots people have to be willing to take the risk to go to a polling place and cast a vote that will be less easy to challenge.  Some things are important enough to go out even with the threat of corona.  If you can go to get groceries, pickup take out food, you can go to the damn poll and help those that can’t get there.
    You may have quoted the wrong story...this one suggests that a victory for Biden is likely to result in a constitutional crises, as Trump will almost certainly refuse to leave.  We could go into inauguration with two, or even three, people laying claim to the presidency.  High voter turnout is not that important (except that it would hopefully help widen Biden's margin, possibly reducing the GOP's desire to back a Trump coup).

He's whining about "voter fraud" because he intends to stay, win or lose.
    The article states that in a close election trump is more likely to accept results especially if mail in ballots are in favor of a Biden victory. That’s how I read it anyway.  Further on he says that if there is a clear winner Trump likely won’t have the power to make fraudulent claims and will be easier to manage.  Sooooo basically my feeling is if you really don’t want him and you have been going to grocery stores you can show up in person at the polls. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    You may have quoted the wrong story...this one suggests that a victory for Biden is likely to result in a constitutional crises, as Trump will almost certainly refuse to leave.  We could go into inauguration with two, or even three, people laying claim to the presidency.  High voter turnout is not that important (except that it would hopefully help widen Biden's margin, possibly reducing the GOP's desire to back a Trump coup).

Lawrence Douglas

Here’s the thing: That’s not the scenario I’m worried about. If Trump loses decisively, I think his opportunities for creating mayhem will be dramatically curtailed. 

What worries me is that I don’t see him losing in that fashion. 

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,823
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:

The article states that in a close election trump is more likely to accept results especially if mail in ballots are in favor of a Biden victory. That’s how I read it anyway.  Further on he says that if there is a clear winner Trump likely won’t have the power to make fraudulent claims and will be easier to manage.  Sooooo basically my feeling is if you really don’t want him and you have been going to grocery stores you can show up in person at the polls. 
    These are not normal times in light of covid-19. My state sent a letter saying I could request a mail in ballot for our state primary because of the social distancing required and a lack of volunteer polling place workers resulting in only 4 out of 24 polling places in my city being open. I could still vote in person or return the enclosed form confirming my name and legal address and signing it under threat of perjury under the law with the potential consequences identified. I received the ballot in the mail a week later, filled it out, signed it under threat of perjury, placed it in an envelope and in the mailing envelope. I could mail it or drop it off at the board of elections or a polling station. What could be easier?

In times like these, why should anyone stand in lines for potentially hours when you know repubs will make the lines move fast in repub districts and at a glacial pace in dem districts/precincts? It’s not like that’s never happened before.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:

These are not normal times in light of covid-19. My state sent a letter saying I could request a mail in ballot for our state primary because of the social distancing required and a lack of volunteer polling place workers resulting in only 4 out of 24 polling places in my city being open. I could still vote in person or return the enclosed form confirming my name and legal address and signing it under threat of perjury under the law with the potential consequences identified. I received the ballot in the mail a week later, filled it out, signed it under threat of perjury, placed it in an envelope and in the mailing envelope. I could mail it or drop it off at the board of elections or a polling station. What could be easier?

In times like these, why should anyone stand in lines for potentially hours when you know repubs will make the lines move fast in repub districts and at a glacial pace in dem districts/precincts? It’s not like that’s never happened before.
    Democracy and easy don’t usually go hand in hand.  The guy is actually saying mail in ballots are fraudulent and easily abused and you think his stacked court and the Republican in Congress are gonna go against him?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I think he could serve as Vice-President, but would be passed over in favor of the speaker of the house if succession was needed. I’ve said it before, I like the idea. Hell, drastic times call for drastic measures. Trump must go. All hands on deck! Trump would cry, take it to the Supreme Court or something, and I think they’d rule that Obama can be VP.  And decades from now, it’d be a historic anomaly that he was VP after being POTUS...like Grover Cleveland’s non-consecutive terms or something. 

Hell, with the benefit of hindsight, maybe Obama should have been HILLARY’S running-mate! Looking back, that Hillary ticket needed all the help it get. Who was the guy she picked again? I don’t even remember. Tom Kite maybe? That’s it. Senator Tom Kite. Yeah, he sure moved the needle. 
    Easy there buddy.  Tim Kaine lives 10 minutes from me.  He was my mayor, governor and now senator.  He's a helluva nice guy and A+ human.  Kaine wasn't the problem and it's unfortunate that the election probably ended any advancement for him, but he'll be a lifer in the senate.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    What about those of us that didn't go out there and protest due to COVID?  Did your decision to go out there speak for me?  And now I have to go vote in person because you were willing to protest?  Am I missing your point?
    Yes
    Then what do you mean?  I read that because you and others went out and protested, that no one can complain about COVID risk at the voting booth.  
    BTW - my son and daughter went down to protest last night and earlier today.  They said almost everyone had masks on..everyone but the cops of course.  

Edit - I replied to you in the other thread.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Easy there buddy.  Tim Kaine lives 10 minutes from me.  He was my mayor, governor and now senator.  He's a helluva nice guy and A+ human.  Kaine wasn't the problem and it's unfortunate that the election probably ended any advancement for him, but he'll be a lifer in the senate.  
    Kaine! That’s right. Kaine. Kite’s a golfer. 

I learned earlier today you live in that area, but I totally forgot what state he was from. So I’m not trying to cut down your guy. I’m sure he’s a fine public servant and good man. But in a national election, the ballot could have just as well said “Insert Democratic Politician Here” under the VP slot. Same goes for Pence on the GOP side though. Trump and Hillary are so famous and such big personalities that Kaine and Pence were both boring afterthoughts. Eh, but then again, I guess the VP pick is usually a boring afterthought no matter who the presidential candidate is. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I learned earlier today you live in that area, but I totally forgot what state he was from. So I’m not trying to cut down your guy. I’m sure he’s a fine public servant and good man. But in a national election, the ballot could have just as well said “Insert Democratic Politician Here” under the VP slot. Same goes for Pence on the GOP side though. Trump and Hillary are so famous and such big personalities that Kaine and Pence were both boring afterthoughts. Eh, but then again, I guess the VP pick is usually a boring afterthought no matter who the presidential candidate is. 
    Exactly.. unchosen by the people, so no charisma or excitement necessary... 
  • Options
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Exactly.. unchosen by the people, so no charisma or excitement necessary... 
    much like Team Trump Treason.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,389
    Biden
    Long way to go but everything is still coming up Millhouse

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    Long way to go but everything is still coming up Millhouse

Haha... Simpson's 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    Biden
    Is there anyway we can get stores to have firearm, confederate flag, and other items like that giveaways on Election Day? Where people need to stand in line from 5am-10pm and have a chance to win free guns and racist shit? 

Would really ensure a landslide 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    So Biden said "10-15% of Americas are not very good people."  He's being a bit generous. It's probably a larger number than that. But he needs to be careful. Comments like that could be perceived in the same light as Hillary's "basket of deplorables" or Romney's "47%" comments. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,227
    Biden
    So Biden said "10-15% of Americas are not very good people."  He's being a bit generous. It's probably a larger number than that. But he needs to be careful. Comments like that could be perceived in the same light as Hillary's "basket of deplorables" or Romney's "47%" comments. 

he should split the difference and say "23.5% of americans comprise a basket of deplorables". all bases covered so everyone is equally offended.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Biden

he should split the difference and say "23.5% of americans comprise a basket of deplorables". all bases covered so everyone is equally offended.
    Well the irony is,  no one in that 10 to 15 will think it's them.  Who did you offend, the not very good?
  • Options
    Sleepy Woke Joe clinches dem nomination.

https://apple.news/AyhoD2a6BRnGk145TnoMTig

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    Biden to attend Floyd memorial in Houston.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,201
    mrussel1 said:

Isn’t it about time he leaves the basement?
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,912
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Wonder if Deputy Dipshit makes fun of him for wearing a mask again. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Didn’t even have to to win the nomination. He should just stay there and coast to the White House and be known as Sleepy Woke Joe, the Basement President.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I think he's been very wise throughout.  Lead by example and protect him.  We need him healthy. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Wonder if Deputy Dipshit makes fun of him for wearing a mask again. 
    So no one wonders if Trump will attend the memorial?  Maybe he'll make a great speech at the Lincoln Memorial today to honor the protesters. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Didn’t even have to to win the nomination. He should just stay there and coast to the White House and be known as Sleepy Woke Joe, the Basement President.
    Too similar to our current president...The bunker president 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Not even close.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Ridiculous statement.  He's following the stay order that was in place on Delaware.  There are no public gatherings allowed.  What are you suggesting he do? Drive around in circles and speak in empty parks? Im being serious. Why would you expect him to violate a stay order?