Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Biden
    dankind said:
    I was ready to quit my job and volunteer for Kamala before the condition of being broke forced her out of the running. If she's on the ticket, I would no longer sit this one out.

And I'm not sitting out the election, by the way, I'll likely just leave the top item blank, as I've done in the past three election days in which a choice for US president was on the ballot. I still vote for propositions and other local, state, federal candidates.
    Reminds me of the Bernie bros that just couldn't vote for Hillary.  Sorry but this makes no sense.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    Biden
    dankind said:
    I was ready to quit my job and volunteer for Kamala before the condition of being broke forced her out of the running. If she's on the ticket, I would no longer sit this one out.

And I'm not sitting out the election, by the way, I'll likely just leave the top item blank, as I've done in the past three election days in which a choice for US president was on the ballot. I still vote for propositions and other local, state, federal candidates.
    I mean, if you didn't feel motivated to vote for Obama in '08 then I guess you'll probably never vote for President again.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    These are the 5 people on here who admit they will vote for the lying racist xenophobic piece of shit....

If they haven’t changed their minds after yesterday, shame on them. 
    Didn’t one of them say they were only giving trump a sympathy vote for the sake of this poll and that they wouldn’t really be voting for him?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sitting this one out
    dankind said:

The republicans love people like you. They count on you to be so butt-hurt by the primary results that you refuse to vote for the general election candidate. 
    exactly. try to explain that to your grandkids.

"sorry kids, i was unwilling to decide between trump and biden."
    dankind said:

again, a non vote is a vote for fascism, but by all means, you do you.
    I'm not butt-hurt by the primary results at all. They are exactly what I expected.

And why in the world would such a topic ever come up in conversation with my grandkids?

Also, I do not support fascism. Quite the opposite.

And I'll keep doing me, which is, for the most part, someone who's not a complete dick to other people in person or on the internet.

Enjoy your day, fellas, and stay safe out there.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,473
    Biden
    Biden speaking now....sounds great
    He just sounds presidential. In reality, there isn't anything great about it....it's just in comparison to our authoritarian dope in the white house it sounds Kennedyesque. 

By the way, his national average lead is up to 6% and he continues to be up in all the right states. Even Rasmussen has him up 5%. 
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

The republicans love people like you. They count on you to be so butt-hurt by the primary results that you refuse to vote for the general election candidate. 

dankind said:

I'm not butt-hurt by the primary results at all. They are exactly what I expected.

And why in the world would such a topic ever come up in conversation with my grandkids?

And I'll keep doing me, which is, for the most part, someone who's not a complete dick to other people in person or on the internet.

i just got back from the polls. local election here.

enjoy your day too. at least i am not going to be under the thumb of trump and be absolutely unwilling to do anything about it.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,412
    I'm sitting this one out
    If there's an enthusiasm problem, it's probably because enough voters haven't been properly scolded
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    "I don't think I'll vote for your preferred candidate"

What's your problem you ignorant piece of shit???

"Hmmmmm yes you've given me some things to think about"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Biden
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

dankind said:

i just got back from the polls. local election here.

enjoy your day of being under the thumb of trump and absolutely unwilling to do anything about it.
    This is how I feel. I don't think there's anything great about Biden, but I don't have to. Fucking Trump, from the moment he was born, has gotten every single thing he's wanted. Women, money, power. He's had them all in spades. Now, he wants one of the follow three things....in this order:

1) Vote for him
    2) Don't vote at all
    3) Vote, but don't vote for Biden for President

To do any of these things is giving him what he wants. So enjoy choosing option 3, Dankind. You're like his parents, his nannies, his mistresses, his fans, and everyone else that gives him what he wants. And what good has that done for anybody but him? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Biden
    pjl44 said:

I'm normally on this side of the fence. But I'm over it. I just kinda scolded Dankind  in my previous post when in most circumstances, I'd say exactly what you just said. But not with Trump. He's just too different and too dangerous. This isn't like scolding someone for preferring Romney to Obama. I'd agree with you there. But Trump is different. He just is. I think anyway. You may think he's just another Republican president. I don't. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    If there's an enthusiasm problem, it's probably because enough voters haven't been properly scolded
    And by tired tropes that likely just showed up in the finger waggers' Facebook/Twitter feeds at that.

I guess the hope is to keep repeating them until someone else who lacks critical thinking skills accepts them as facts.

Wonder who else I've seen do that...?

Oh, and I guess the 20 or so other votes I cast on election day -- all pro-fascist, of course -- are meaningless. But the one vote I might leave blank is the only one that matters. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Biden
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:
    And by tired tropes that likely just showed up in the finger waggers' Facebook/Twitter feeds at that.

I guess the hope is to keep repeating them until someone else who lacks critical thinking skills accepts them as facts.

Oh, and I guess the 20 or so other votes I cast on election day -- all pro-fascist, of course -- are meaningless. But the one vote I might leave blank is the only one that matters. 
    Not meaningless,  but likely less meaningful.  No offense to a school levy, but leader of the free world has further reaching consequences. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,377
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Dude you live in MA, your vote could finally tip the state blue if you vote for Biden.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Not meaningless,  but likely less meaningful.  No offense to a school levy, but leader of the free world has further reaching consequences. 
    And that's exactly why I can't vote for a septuagenarian to be in that position.

And it's why I didn't vote for Barack in 2008 in what was essentially the dude's first real job. I'll admit that my misgivings were completely wrong about the latter. He was the best president of my lifetime. I mean, sure, he ordered drone strikes on US citizens, one a child, but, hey, we all make mistakes, right?

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Dude you live in MA, your vote could finally tip the state blue if you vote for Biden.
    I know, right?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm with you. If nothing else, I'm geared up to rage vote against Joe Kennedy.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:

I'm normally on this side of the fence. But I'm over it. I just kinda scolded Dankind  in my previous post when in most circumstances, I'd say exactly what you just said. But not with Trump. He's just too different and too dangerous. This isn't like scolding someone for preferring Romney to Obama. I'd agree with you there. But Trump is different. He just is. I think anyway. You may think he's just another Republican president. I don't. 
    I completely understand supporting Biden and would suggest that there are far more persuasive ways to get people on board. It takes spidey sense to know which people to completely chalk up as a loss all while knowing when to plant a seed if someone finally gives an inch.

I firmly believe that straight up scolding people pushes them away. And, in the case, not just the people posting. There are a lot of lurkers and half the time I'm posting more for those eyeballs than whomever I'm mixing it up with.

This is a different election than 2016 in so so so many ways but the way some Democrats are leaning hard on moral superiority is eerily similar. There is some cushion right now, but I don't think it moves the needle in the direction they want.
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I completely understand supporting Biden and would suggest that there are far more persuasive ways to get people on board. It takes spidey sense to know which people to completely chalk up as a loss all while knowing when to plant a seed if someone finally gives an inch.

I firmly believe that straight up scolding people pushes them away. And, in the case, not just the people posting. There are a lot of lurkers and half the time I'm posting more for those eyeballs than whomever I'm mixing it up with.

This is a different election than 2016 in so so so many ways but the way some Democrats are leaning hard on moral superiority is eerily similar. There is some cushion right now, but I don't think it moves the needle in the direction they want.
    I completely agree. And six months ago, I was certain that sort of stuff might doom the democrats again. And maybe it still will. I get where someone like you or Dankind is coming from. Lord knows I didn't want to vote for that fucking hag Hillary Clinton. But I did because Trump is outrageous and I knew his presidency would be exactly what it has been. I guess I'm just hoping more people grit their teeth and vote for Biden even if they don't particularly like him like I did with Hillary. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Time and passed time to dial back on the “leader of the free world” rhetoric, because the US is far from that these days, if it ever really was. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

And that's exactly why I can't vote for a septuagenarian to be in that position.

And it's why I didn't vote for Barack in 2008 in what was essentially the dude's first real job. I'll admit that my misgivings were completely wrong about the latter. He was the best president of my lifetime. I mean, sure, he ordered drone strikes on US citizens, one a child, but, hey, we all make mistakes, right?

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?
    This one's too old, this one is too young.   I don't like his education platform,  but this one has a subpar record on public housing.

Elections are choices and those choices will never align with all of your beliefs.  But someone is winning the election. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Time and passed time to dial back on the “leader of the free world” rhetoric, because the US is far from that these days, if it ever really was. 
    It was,  and it still moves the needle far more than any other individual country does.  

It's also a saying.  So while you may disagree,  I don't see any huge threads dedicated to Trudeau, Merkel, Xi, etc.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?
    This one's too old, this one is too young.   I don't like his education platform,  but this one has a subpar record on public housing.

Elections are choices and those choices will never align with all of your beliefs.  But someone is winning the election. 
    Elections are choices, folks.

In case y'all didn't know....

And here I thought I was just doing arts and crafts projects all those past elections in which I've partaken.

I have no issue with someone winning the election. That will always be the end result. I've picked many winners, and I've picked many losers.

Finally, I didn't abstain from voting for Obama in 2008 because he was too young; I did so because he was inexperienced. I loved everything the man had to say before and while campaigning, but I couldn't overlook the fact that it seemed a huge job for a person with a half-page résumé. And I admitted that I was wrong. Anyone here ever done that?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?

And here I thought I was just doing arts and crafts projects all those past elections in which I've partaken.

I have no issue with someone winning the election. That will always be the end result. I've picked many winners, and I've picked many losers.

Finally, I didn't abstain from voting for Obama in 2008 because he was too young; I did so because he was inexperienced. I loved everything the man had to say before and while campaigning, but I couldn't overlook the fact that it seemed a huge job for a person with a half-page résumé. And I admitted that I was wrong. Anyone here ever done that?
    You like coloring in the circles too? I’m very careful, take my time and stay within the lines. It’s a challenge but I do it. And sometimes I get yelled at for using green or red ink. Wish we could use crayons but you know, technology. It takes some of the fun out of it but it’s participatory arts, crafts and democracy. Woot!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

It was,  and it still moves the needle far more than any other individual country does.  

It's also a saying.  So while you may disagree,  I don't see any huge threads dedicated to Trudeau, Merkel, Xi, etc.
    Thread topics on this forum is in no way an accurate measurement of world impact, I would say. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Thread topics on this forum is in no way an accurate measurement of world impact, I would say. 
    Ok got a better one? How about our economic impact? GDP perhaps? Ours is 20 trillion.   The next closest is 12 trillion.  Canada is 1.6.  
    Size of military? I think you know where that stands.  
  • Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?

It's great that you admit you're wrong. Why aren't you wrong again? Fortunately you're evidently in Massachusetts so maybe you have the luxury of being wrong. 

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?

It's great that you admit you're wrong. Why aren't you wrong again? Fortunately you're evidently in Massachusetts so maybe you have the luxury of being wrong. 

I'm not wrong again because I don't have a time machine to take me to 2024 to see how a possible Biden presidency plays out. 

Hindsight is 20/20.

I do hope I'm wrong. But as evidenced in 2008, I don't vote for hope.

And yes, I lived in Brooklyn in 2008 and Massachusetts now, so perhaps I don't feel as compelled as I might if I still resided in my home state of Florida. I also don't have a spore drive to take me an alternate universe in which I never left Florida, so I don't know that either, though.

I understand that I'm wrong in y'all's opinion. Good thing opinions don't matter.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?

I'm not wrong again because I don't have a time machine to take me to 2024 to see how a possible Biden presidency plays out. 

Hindsight is 20/20.

And yes, I lived in Brooklyn in 2008 and Massachusetts now, so perhaps I don't feel as compelled as I might if I still resided in my home state of Florida. I also don't have a spore drive to take me an alternate universe in which I never left Florida, so I don't know that either, though.

I understand that I'm wrong in y'all's opinion. Good thing opinions don't matter.
    Well I guess the question is,  did you learn anything from your decision in 08. Rhetorical. 

Btw, did you vote for Obama in 12?
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?

Hindsight is 20/20.

Well I guess the question is,  did you learn anything from your decision in 08. Rhetorical. 

I did not vote for Obama in 2012 (see drone strikes on US citizens, one a child).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Biden
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    pjl44 said:

I know, right?

Hindsight is 20/20.

I did not vote for Obama in 2012 (see drone strikes on US citizens, one a child).
    So, had Obama not ordered that particular strike, or if that 16 year old wasn't where he was, you would have voted for Obama.  Is that right?
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    I'm sitting this one out
    Ohh cool, we are playing alternate past again. Here's one. If Mike Tyson was fighting in the same era as Muhammad Ali, who would be most remembered? My money is on Iron Mike, that uppercut had the worst of intentions.