Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

When I see smug comments like this part of me just wants to stay home and let trump win.  
    Trumpism as safe space from smug tweets is a new one. 
    I was thinking more because it’s like some people are more interested in making smug and pretentious comments about other people and smelling the air of their supposed moral high ground and supremely righteous stance than they are about actually doing work to get trump out.  I’m sure rick and the twitter like are making a handsome sum with their daily twitter rage farm.  I don’t understand how this position is more helpful than advocating for your candidate or against trump. Nothing is gained by posts like this. I guess alienating people that don’t share the exact opinions as you and saying they are falling for a big conspiracy of Russian bots is a great way to win an election.  
    Wouldn't you only feel this way if what Rick is saying applies to you? Its not like voters weren't played in 2016.
    I think voters being played was less of an issue than Hillary being a generally robotic and unlikeable candidate.  We have joe this time and he is much more like able. It is also very clear that every word he says doesn’t come off as if it was pre planned and thought about what the  political optics will be. I’ve never heard of rick Wilson until Trump won in 2016.  I’m sure Rick has more to gain by a Trump win than most, how will he be relevant without a Trump to rail against, maybe Rick is the Russian bot and he is the one doing the playing.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

When I see smug comments like this part of me just wants to stay home and let trump win.  
    I was thinking more because it’s like some people are more interested in making smug and pretentious comments about other people and smelling the air of their supposed moral high ground and supremely righteous stance than they are about actually doing work to get trump out.  I’m sure rick and the twitter like are making a handsome sum with their daily twitter rage farm.  I don’t understand how this position is more helpful than advocating for your candidate or against trump. Nothing is gained by posts like this. I guess alienating people that don’t share the exact opinions as you and saying they are falling for a big conspiracy of Russian bots is a great way to win an election.  
    I share your contempt for people who behave this way, and there are no shortage of them in 2020...but being OK with Trump winning for any reason is a bridge much too far for me. 
    That’s why I said a part of me.  I wouldn’t actually go that far.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,567
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Wouldn't you only feel this way if what Rick is saying applies to you? Its not like voters weren't played in 2016.
    I think voters being played was less of an issue than Hillary being a generally robotic and unlikeable candidate.  We have joe this time and he is much more like able. It is also very clear that every word he says doesn’t come off as if it was pre planned and thought about what the  political optics will be. I’ve never heard of rick Wilson until Trump won in 2016.  I’m sure Rick has more to gain by a Trump win than most, how will he be relevant without a Trump to rail against, maybe Rick is the Russian bot and he is the one doing the playing.
    Yeah that's logical...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,508
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Yes, this 100%
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

There is a distinct sliver of "Never Trump conservatives" who have no ideology beyond hating Trump and preening online. Rick Wilson, Tom Nichols, Jen Rubin, and George Conway are the Mt Rushmore.
    Um, I believe their ideological is distinctly conservatism. That's why they hate Trump so much and want him removed. Thought that was clear...
    It's to line their own pockets. A few of them started a PAC called The Lincoln Project where they're fleecing Democrats and funneling donations to their own businesses.

Anti-Trump conservatism to me is more in the vein of Jonah Goldberg, David French, Charlie Cooke, etc. Outlets like The Dispatch and parts of National Review.

It's probably all inside baseball, but I find the first group absolutely insufferable like @static111 was saying. 
    @pj44 watch out or we will soon be ignorant Trump supporting Russian bots.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

There is a distinct sliver of "Never Trump conservatives" who have no ideology beyond hating Trump and preening online. Rick Wilson, Tom Nichols, Jen Rubin, and George Conway are the Mt Rushmore.
    Um, I believe their ideological is distinctly conservatism. That's why they hate Trump so much and want him removed. Thought that was clear...
    It's to line their own pockets. A few of them started a PAC called The Lincoln Project where they're fleecing Democrats and funneling donations to their own businesses.

Anti-Trump conservatism to me is more in the vein of Jonah Goldberg, David French, Charlie Cooke, etc. Outlets like The Dispatch and parts of National Review.

It's probably all inside baseball, but I find the first group absolutely insufferable like @static111 was saying. 
    It's too late for me, comrade. Save yourself. 
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

It's too late for me, comrade. Save yourself. 
    Speaking of George Conway and inside baseball, does anyone really think Trump would keep skeletor around this long if her husband was literally the opposition?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

The Lincoln Project has endorsed Joe Biden. How exactly is accepting donations to their own PAC considered "fleecing democrats?" lol

They're doing what they can to defeat Trump. When the last election came down to 70,000 people spread out through a few swing states, every vote counts. They recognize this--its the people who don't that I find insufferable. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Yes, this 100%
    He does, but don't discount how much he gave up by becoming a never Trumper in the first place.  He could have bent the knee and would probably be a 'senior campaign adviser' at this point.  These four, even more so  than the French's, Goldbergs, Sullivans, etc, put their careers on the line.  They are strategists without a home.  
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

The Lincoln Project has endorsed Joe Biden. How exactly is accepting donations to their own PAC considered "fleecing democrats?" lol

They're doing what they can to defeat Trump. When the last election came down to 70,000 people spread out through a few swing states, every vote counts. They recognize this--its the people who don't that I find insufferable. 

Look at where the expenditures go - to their own businesses. If a Democrat wants to support Biden, donate to his campaign or any of a number of PACs with a track record. Caveat emptor with these bozos.
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

Look at where the expenditures go - to their own businesses. If a Democrat wants to support Biden, donate to his campaign or any of a number of PACs with a track record. Caveat emptor with these bozos.
    Please prove that. Have you studied their books?

And I think they're more interested in attracting republican and independent voters..
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Yes, this 100%
    He does, but don't discount how much he gave up by becoming a never Trumper in the first place.  He could have bent the knee and would probably be a 'senior campaign adviser' at this point.  These four, even more so  than the French's, Goldbergs, Sullivans, etc, put their careers on the line.  They are strategists without a home.  
    Exactly. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Yes, this 100%
    Put me down as disagreeing wholeheartedly, but it's a free country and you can get behind whomever you want
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:

Please prove that. Have you studied their books?

And I think they're more interested in attracting republican and independent voters..
    Not one of the first sources I would normally link to, but Red State did the work. You can go on opensecrets to cross check the numbers if you're so inclined. All of this stuff has to be publicly reported, so it's easy to find. 

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/04/11/the-anti-trump-super-pac-the-lincoln-project-financials-show-what-they-truly-conserve-is-their-own-bank-accounts/
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,035
    Sour grapes Bernie supporters are the most insufferable of them all. Amash will save you all. Good luck with that. But hey, its a free country.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Biden
    Sour grapes Bernie supporters are the most insufferable of them all. Amash will save you all. Good luck with that. But hey, its a free country.

They don't like Trump...but what the really hate is the moderate left.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Yes, this 100%
    Put me down as disagreeing wholeheartedly, but it's a free country and you can get behind whomever you want
    I'm not 'behind them', I'm simply pointing out that they put their careers on the line.  Maybe it turns out to be a net positive for them, and they are extracting huge salaries from the Lincoln project.  I'm not sure sure.  But I absolutely believe they risked something in the process.  
  • Options
    Biden
    I definitely see Clinton supporters as the sourest grapes of all, talk about Bernie living rent free in someone’s head. I guess that’s because I’m looking through my filter and you are looking through yours.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    I definitely see Clinton supporters as the sourest grapes of all, talk about Bernie living rent free in someone’s head. I guess that’s because I’m looking through my filter and you are looking through yours.
    Clinton who?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    Clinton who?
    The irrelevant lady that would have saved us all...?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Clinton who?
    I'm not sure she would have saved us all as some are beyond saving. But she sure as hell would have done a better job than the shit show currently occupying the Executive Branch.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Clinton who?
    I'm not sure she would have saved us all as some are beyond saving. But she sure as hell would have done a better job than the shit show currently occupying the Executive Branch.
    At the very least we'd have been more prepared for this pandemic. Perhaps thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of lives would have been spared.

But yeah, no difference to a Trump presidency at all. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,004
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Clinton who?
    At the very least we'd have been more prepared for this pandemic. Perhaps thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of lives would have been spared.

We would have been more prepared and Fox News wouldn't have spent two months convincing its older, at-risk audience that there was nothing to worry about. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Clinton who?

This 100% - but that unshakable cult-like base has an inability to look at the orange buffoon objectively in ANY manner whatsoever. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,271
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Do you honestly think that anyone will click on a link you post ever again?
    Haha... I sent one to my friends titled "Pearl Jam to launch club tour in 2021".

Damn what did I miss?
    The club tour that is rumored?  You didn't hear about it?  https://www.latlmes.com/breaking/pearl-jam-to-announce-club-tour-1

yeah I did catch that later on, thanks. I hear they just recorded a follow up to Bu$hleaguer about Trump to play back to back at the club shows  https://www.latlmes.com/music/pearl-jam-releases-new-song-dump-trump-1

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,271
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JimmyV said:
    static111 said:

Yes, this 100%

Bent Knee? You must be a fan! I bet a lot in 10c are fans. This song is epic! (And it’s really them. I’m not crying Rickroll wolf!), when those chords kick in at the one minute mark, it’s gold Jerry, gold!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,483
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    Biden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Clinton who?

This 100% - but that unshakable cult-like base has an inability to look at the orange buffoon objectively in ANY manner whatsoever. 
    They don't  care what he does or says or lies about as long as he claims to love Jesus, guns, white male christians,  and big huge business. And that he claims to hate abortion, gun control of any sort, and foreigners of any kind except the white ones.
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't think this hurts Biden.  I think it's generally a dead story, or will be soon, unless something massive happens.  The fact that Reade even says you won't find any sexual harassment complaint in the records tells me that it's a wild goose chase.  What does discovering a complaint even do?  I don't think anyone ever said she never complained about anything.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,483
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I don't think this hurts Biden.  I think it's generally a dead story, or will be soon, unless something massive happens.  The fact that Reade even says you won't find any sexual harassment complaint in the records tells me that it's a wild goose chase.  What does discovering a complaint even do?  I don't think anyone ever said she never complained about anything.  
    without the definitive proof one way or another, its just a lingering, festering wound....

personally I dont believe it happened. So very out of character that we've seen over 40 years from him. And not one other allegation in all that time, especially after metoo hit.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14