Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Biden
    I though Trump's statement about Tara Reade was interesting....something to the effect of "they might be false accusations...I had several false accusations against me..."

So much for that ammo
    Thats just to appear presidential during a national crisis. His surrogates are doing his dirty work right now
    www.myspace.com
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    I wish I lived in a world where nobody cared what was trending on twitter. It's a cesspool.

I had a twitter account for about a month.  It got nauseating so I dumped it.

Not a bad move. Twitter's shitty reputation is well-earned. Particularly in regards to what it has contributed to our political discourse. Anyone not seeing that is likely ensconced in a very safe bubble.
    I know you mean bubble as a pejorative but that's actually a great way to describe it. Your Twitter feed should absolutely be a bubble. Mine is a mix of music, sports, comics, beer, and politics. You should absolutely not follow or engage with anyone that aggravates you. That's crazy.

Those bubbles very often become echo chambers, and I don't really see any benefit in that. Combine that with the anonymity certain "social" media sites provide and the recipe quickly and often becomes toxic. Plus, my experience has been well-insulated people on "social" media are often unaware (or in denial) of how their own behavior contributes to the deteriorating discourse.

It's funny you mention sports. I am so much happier not knowing the contrived Boston sports media controversy of the day, almost none of which matter at all a few days later. But those have basically become the lifeblood of reporters in this town. So even following sports was no longer fun.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,104
    Biden
    i think biden issued a decent statement. let's see if there is anything in the national archives.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    pjl44 said:
    Here's Biden's full statement. Pretty straightforward. Unless more evidence comes out or we can hear them each under oath, I think we have what we have.

Moving goal posts already....

'evidence'? 

Allegations != Evidence
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    I thought Biden did a pretty good job. I also thought Mika did a good job challenging him on how him and other prominent democrats reacted to the Ford accusations versus the Reade accusations, as well as challenging him on the University of Delaware documents being sealed. He understandably had to backpedal on the "all women need to be believed" stance he held during the Kavanagh confirmation and changed it to "all women need to be heard," which is what it should've been from the start. But he addressed it, the MSNBC interviewer wasn't too easy on him, so that's all I can ask for from this. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Biden
    i think before the press starts to foam at the mouth and get their knives out demanding documents from biden, they need to hold trump to the exact same standard.

edited May 2020
    Biden
    i think before the press starts to foam at the mouth and get their knives out demanding documents from biden, they need to hold trump to the exact same standard.

Agreed, but we know what is going to happen. "Why is no one covering this?" became "Why won't Biden address this?" and will become "Why won't Biden release the documents?"
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Biden
    The press is going to demand the most information regardless of whether it is applied fairly.  But at the end of the day,  it would be political malpractice to open the archives for any reason.  The campaign can ride this out. It's not that damaging. 
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    I thought Biden did a pretty good job. I also thought Mika did a good job challenging him on how him and other prominent democrats reacted to the Ford accusations versus the Reade accusations, as well as challenging him on the University of Delaware documents being sealed. He understandably had to backpedal on the "all women need to be believed" stance he held during the Kavanagh confirmation and changed it to "all women need to be heard," which is what it should've been from the start. But he addressed it, the MSNBC interviewer wasn't too easy on him, so that's all I can ask for from this. 
    I wonder why this is being compared to Kavanaugh and not to the 25 women who accused Trump though? That is his opponent and that is more of an apples to apples comparison since Ford testified under oath. Doesn't make sense to me and it doesn't seem fair. 
    www.myspace.com
    Biden
    JimmyV said:

Agreed, but we know what is going to happen. "Why is no one covering this?" became "Why won't Biden address this?" and will become "Why won't Biden release the documents?"
    Exactly. I wish Biden would've found a way to bring that up this morning...
    www.myspace.com
    Biden
    I wonder why this is being compared to Kavanaugh and not to the 25 women who accused Trump though? That is his opponent and that is more of an apples to apples comparison since Ford testified under oath. Doesn't make sense to me and it doesn't seem fair. 
    Because since the moment he came down the escalator, not a single "rule" of American politics has applied to him. Once he got away with not releasing his tax returns, all bets were off. 

But to be a devil's advocate, it did seem al little strange to see so many women accuse Trump of sexual misconduct just a month before the election. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Biden
    JimmyV said:

"but his documents!! whaaaaaaahhhh"

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    It's a sad state of affairs when responses to sexual abuse allegations become a litmus test for Presidential leadership skills.  That being said, this statement is so far and away better than Trump's reactions that it makes me more comfortable voting for Biden than before the allegations.  
    Not because I believe or disbelieve, but because I'm glad to be reminded of what happens when a candidate puts together a team of intelligent advisors and then actually fucking listens to them.  Even if I thought this was a steaming load of bullshit, I would still vote for Biden because he's actually capable of a cogent response to and attack, a crisis, an emergency.
    Contrasted with Trump, and the way his top-down leadership makes fools of his team, this renders Biden looking like the only adult in the room.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    I'm sitting this one out
    rgambs said:
    It's a sad state of affairs when responses to sexual abuse allegations become a litmus test for Presidential leadership skills.  That being said, this statement is so far and away better than Trump's reactions that it makes me more comfortable voting for Biden than before the allegations.  
    Not because I believe or disbelieve, but because I'm glad to be reminded of what happens when a candidate puts together a team of intelligent advisors and then actually fucking listens to them.  Even if I thought this was a steaming load of bullshit, I would still vote for Biden because he's actually capable of a cogent response to and attack, a crisis, an emergency.
    Contrasted with Trump, and the way his top-down leadership makes fools of his team, this renders Biden looking like the only adult in the room.
    So vote for the better liar? Is this what it is? NYC numbers are pretty shitty yet everyone loves Cuomo. Why? Because he talks good? When have words become louder than action and results? How low is the bar? Yea. Clip fuckin clip for sure. 
    Biden

www.myspace.com
    Biden
    The Brett Kavanaugh comparison isn't going away, but it remains hot garbage.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    So vote for the better liar? Is this what it is? NYC numbers are pretty shitty yet everyone loves Cuomo. Why? Because he talks good? When have words become louder than action and results? How low is the bar? Yea. Clip fuckin clip for sure. 
    I think you missed the part where he said it wasn't about belief or disbelief. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Hahaha is this your first election cycle?  Have you ever paid attention to politics before?
    That's all voting has ever been.  

You think Cuomo is to blame for NYC's numbers?  Seriously?

We don't control outbreaks, natural disasters, foreign provocations, we only control how we respond to them.  How a leader responds matters.  
    You can whine and pule about how low the bar is all day, hell, I might even join you in that hole from time to time...the fact of reality remains, and one of those two men will be POTUS in 7 months.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I'm sitting this one out
    rgambs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Hahaha is this your first election cycle?  Have you ever paid attention to politics before?
    That's all voting has ever been.  

You think Cuomo is to blame for NYC's numbers?  Seriously?

We don't control outbreaks, natural disasters, foreign provocations, we only control how we respond to them.  How a leader responds matters.  
    You can whine and pule about how low the bar is all day, hell, I might even join you in that hole from time to time...the fact of reality remains, and one of those two men will be POTUS in 7 months.
    I don’t think Cuomo is to blame. But if he wasn’t a great speaker, his approval rating would be lower and he all of a sudden would be to blame. Not my first cycle. But when every cycle makes me seriously question “is this the best we could come up with?”, it becomes depressing. 
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    I think you missed the part where he said it wasn't about belief or disbelief. 
    I didn’t miss it. Just expressing my disappointment with what we’re stuck with. That’s it. 
    edited May 2020
    Biden

This isn't a good comparison. I think it would have been much different had Kavanagh appeared on Fox News to answer questions for twenty minutes rather than go in front of the Senate for hours. And that's not to say it was a softball interview with Mika for Joe, but it's not like being in front of the Senate. And Joe was getting a little testy himself with Mika by the end of it. How would he fare with Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham and the rest of their crew badgering him for hours?

Edit: That said, Joe did do a good job and wasn't pointing blame at political opponents and exhibiting other Kavanaghisms. To his credit...
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    cuomo has led by example, whereas trump has blamed obama for giving him broken tests. 

see the difference? leaders address a situation and try to solve it, while people like trump blame everything and everyone. 

i did not like cuomo before this, but god damn it i wish he was the president right now.

surprised trump has not tried to sue the virus for damages.

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    Biden
    If polling starts to show Amash could have a negative impact on Trump, those allegations will come.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    cuomo has led by example, whereas trump has blamed obama for giving him broken tests. 

see the difference? leaders address a situation and try to solve it, while people like trump blame everything and everyone. 

i did not like cuomo before this, but god damn it i wish he was the president right now.

surprised trump has not tried to sue the virus for damages.

Cuomo and daBlaz waited 10 critical days to close schools and issue shut down recommendations. They both said many inaccurate statements before March 15. The fact that they both screwed up compared to California, Washington, SKorea, Germany and other places is irrefutable. However they have turned it around by changing their tune and getting NYs horrendous curve turned around and have since been more honest than trump.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,196
    I'm sitting this one out
    OnWis97 said:
    If polling starts to show Amash could have a negative impact on Trump, those allegations will come.
    I'm not convinced on the veracity of Reade's allegation, but it's not like this is a new thing with Biden
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    JimmyV said:

Garbage indeed. 

Kavanaugh never had to face voters nor did he need one single vote from the opposition party. That is a huge part of why there was an uproar over his confirmation hearings. Biden must face voters and needs to win non democratic states in order to win the election. Huge difference.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,399
    pjl44 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm not convinced on the veracity of Reade's allegation, but it's not like this is a new thing with Biden
    Are we equating “sexual assault allegations” with “inappropriate touching” and “creepy behavior,” or “made to feel uncomfortable?” 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    JimmyV said:

Garbage indeed. 

Kavanaugh never had to face voters nor did he need one single vote from the opposition party. That is a huge part of why there was an uproar over his confirmation hearings. Biden must face voters and needs to win non democratic states in order to win the election. Huge difference.
    The voters did storm the capital if I recall so that kinda counts as facing them.  Instead of dressing up like GI Joe action figures they cosplayed as Handsmaid Tale actors.