Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,555
    Biden
    Trump can't run on his record so things are about to get super ugly

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/07/trump-campaign-to-unload-on-biden-with-negative-ad-onslaught-242976
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    Biden or Trump...honesty, whats the difference?..  Yeah I'm in that kinda mood today! hahaha 

Will either help and fight for workers? NO...

Will either push for an improved healthcare system that covers all Americans? NO......

Will both continue bailouts for Corporations? Yes....

Will either enact policies and taxes that will help rise up and give security to the lower and middle class? NO...

Will either fight to reverse their own parties policies of the last 50 years to fix the problems caused by letting corporations dictate law through a corrupt system?  NO......

Will either break up the big monopolies that have been allowed to form once again? No.....(How many times must we learn this lesson?)

So then what's the difference between the two?  A big D or R next to their names?  GO TEAM!!!! 

One is the village idiot and the other is a plagiarizing life long politician with a clear record of not helping anyone but the donor class and his own career ...  not just Biden.. Since pandemic both Hillary Clinton and Pelosi both have yelled "OPEN THE OBAMACARE EXCHANGES!
    (That worse than "Let them eat cake" its more like....  "Let them buy cake" )

I know I'll get yelled at... But it's TRUMP... but But but..I know.. I hate him too....  

Bottom line... A real leader is either going to fight for the people, some even willing to give their lives in that pursuit. or they're aren't and are part of the broke system. ... right now in American history I don't see anyone fighting for the people..  

So yeah I'll vote Biden.. then go home and wash my hands a bunch of times to try to wash the dirty feeling away...

WE NEED A 3rd PARTY!!!!!!!  

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    myoung321 said:
    Biden or Trump...honesty, whats the difference?..  Yeah I'm in that kinda mood today! hahaha 

Will either push for an improved healthcare system that covers all Americans? NO......

Will either enact policies and taxes that will help rise up and give security to the lower and middle class? NO...

Will either fight to reverse their own parties policies of the last 50 years to fix the problems caused by letting corporations dictate law through a corrupt system?  NO......

Will either break up the big monopolies that have been allowed to form once again? No.....(How many times must we learn this lesson?)

So then what's the difference between the two?  A big D or R next to their names?  GO TEAM!!!! 

One is the village idiot and the other is a plagiarizing life long politician with a clear record of not helping anyone but the donor class and his own career ...  not just Biden.. Since pandemic both Hillary Clinton and Pelosi both have yelled "OPEN THE OBAMACARE EXCHANGES!

I know I'll get yelled at... But it's TRUMP... but But but..I know.. I hate him too....  

Bottom line... A real leader is either going to fight for the people, some even willing to give their lives in that pursuit. or they're aren't and are part of the broke system. ... right now in American history I don't see anyone fighting for the people..  

So yeah I'll vote Biden.. then go home and wash my hands a bunch of times to try to wash the dirty feeling away...

Not one of these questions or answers is black and white. Biden is better on every single one of them if you are a progressive.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,201
    Biden
    A third party just becomes what you described above.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,493
    I'm sitting this one out
    myoung321 said:

• Options
    Biden
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Not one of these questions or answers is black and white. Biden is better on every single one of them if you are a progressive.
    These people are crazy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,048
    Biden
    myoung321 said:

"Biden or Trump...honesty, whats the difference?..  Yeah I'm in that kinda mood today! hahaha "

You are in a mood!  :lol:

But, yeah, what a shame Dems couldn't have made a better choice.  I will vote for Biden of course because, because, because, and then hope, yet again, for a better choice in the future... if there is a future.  (I only say that because I'm in one of those moods today :lol: )

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

These people are crazy
     Crazy? or just feed up with the same thing after same thing. 

I hate Trump with a passion.. but going back to the policies that created the environment that created Trump will help?...   Whats the quote about insanity?   To repeat the same over and over and expect different results....

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Biden
    We do need a third party but we don't have a viable one right now, nor do we have any consensus opinion on what a third party should look like, stand for, etc.

Biden is the hand we've been dealt.

Biden. No Backsies.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,222
    I'm sitting this one out
    JimmyV said:
    We do need a third party but we don't have a viable one right now, nor do we have any consensus opinion on what a third party should look like, stand for, etc.

Biden. No Backsies.
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp.
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    myoung321 said:

"Biden or Trump...honesty, whats the difference?..  Yeah I'm in that kinda mood today! hahaha "

You are in a mood!  :lol:

But, yeah, what a shame Dems couldn't have made a better choice.  I will vote for Biden of course because, because, because, and then hope, yet again, for a better choice in the future... if there is a future.  (I only say that because I'm in one of those moods today :lol: )

Well #$%%$ Brian  lol.. watching current events is getting to me. Seriously, where are the real leaders? I know and you know.. Biden will get my vote unless something outrageous happens. But I will not shut up and go away.. I'm sick and tired of hearing fellow Dems using Republican talking points from just a few years ago.. "We can't pay for that... Where will the money come from? ... blah blah blah... But right on time...in time of crisis there's always money to bailout the largest corps, banks, etc... After the 2008 bailout 5 1/2 million Americans lost their homes.. This time how many? 10 ? 20? How many have lost or will lose their healthcare?
    How many true small businesses will be out of business after this pandemic?  The large will grow bigger and the small private owned will not survive.  

I do feel better after rant... so thanks!!! have a nice day...  ;)

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

Breaking up Monopolies? Pretty Black and White..

All Americans should have healthcare? Pretty Black and White....

Bailout People ahead of Corps?... Pretty Black and White... 

Enact Policies to help workers? Pretty Black and White.. 
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    JimmyV said:

Biden. No Backsies.
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp.
    No, but you can get a new stamp if the old ones no longer work. 

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

No, none of those are black and white. Trump is worse in all those issues. I'm not trying.to be a dick here but this is pretty simple stuff.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,812
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

The US isn't set up to be a multiparty system.  The checks and balances are in the 3 branches of government.  There will never ever ever be a viable 3rd party option, or 3 party system of government here. 

The last election cost us 2 Supreme Court seats and countless lifetime appointments to federal judges.  This will now take an entire generation to undo.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Biden
    and.... this will end rant...haha

If I HAVE TO SEE ONE MORE GIANT CORPORATION'S TV COMMERCIAL SAYING HOW MUCH THEY CARE DURING THIS TIME OF NEED....ARGGGG>....

If you care then give your employees healthcare, living wages, and benefits like sick pay..... how 'about we start there?

How much did they spend on the commercial????? 

BTW way one commercial I saw touted "DEFERRED PAYMENTS".... "3 MONTHS DEFERRED PAYMENTS DOES NOT MEAN NO PAYMENTS FOR 3 MONTHS"  It means in 3 months you owe us 3 months of payments ..plus the current or else.... 

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

The US isn't set up to be a multiparty system.  The checks and balances are in the 3 branches of government.  There will never ever ever be a viable 3rd party option, or 3 party system of government here. 

The last election cost us 2 Supreme Court seats and countless lifetime appointments to federal judges.  This will now take an entire generation to undo.  
    sigh,,,, back,,,, Not set up? What???? 

3 branches of gov has nothing...zero... to do with number of political parties..  

We've just never had a powerful enough 3d party to be viable... GREEN or LIBERTARIAN PARTY is a good example of 3rd parties in America ......or Remember Ross Perot ?   

• Options
    Biden
     and get off the grass!!!!!  

=) 

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

....sigh....

The Teapublicans and Democrats didn’t exist when the three branches of government were established.  We are on something like the 5th or sixth set of parties at this point.  In the past as new popular parties would arise they would eventually cannibalize one of the other parties, so in a way we are setup for a third party system as an interim measure.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    This could very well be the first instance that someone is elected president of the united states while in their basement.
  • Options
    Biden
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

No, none of those are black and white. Trump is worse in all those issues. I'm not trying.to be a dick here but this is pretty simple stuff.
    The only thing that is black and white is Trump or a non vote for Biden is a vote for the end of this democracy.

Nothing else matters. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    Biden
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

I don't think you and pj44 would be in the same third party 
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    myoung321 said:

One of them is bent on destroying our representative republic and is three-plus years into the project. The other hasn't. 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

The only thing that is black and white is Trump or a non vote for Biden is a vote for the end of this democracy.

Nothing else matters. 
    Agreed.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,493
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

I don't think you and pj44 would be in the same third party 
    There are a few things we'd agree on and hooooooooo boy would there be some things we disagree on 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

Nothing else matters. 
    We don't live in a true Democracy..  We live in a Representative Democracy.. 

Didn't Hillary get more votes than Trump?  

And recently, Voice votes in the House of Reps passed the largest corporate bailouts in world history ??? Wouldn't want to hold "Representatives" to their actual votes .

Hey I understand... I pounded the table and said the same thing for Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama,,,  I guess it was better???? Looking around its hard to tell...Foreign Wars, Factories lost, Wall Street Greed Run Rampant, Prisons full, Homeless, Eduation, Healthcare..etc...    Not much hope and the "change" has only seemed to help the few.

Sorry just lost a lot of faith in our government to do anything as it stands right now.. It's like an old favorite car, you love it, but it needs a motor overhaul and some body work. The caretakers haven't done a very good job taking care of her. 

Also... I kinda liked it when candidates actually tried to create popular policy and tried to bring people on board with promises.. even if a lie... Joe's promise?  "Back to Normal"....So just back to the normal screwing over with a smile? ;)

Go TEAM!

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,022
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

Nothing else matters. 

And recently, Voice votes in the House of Reps passed the largest corporate bailouts in world history ??? Wouldn't want to hold "Representatives" to their actual votes .

Hey I understand... I pounded the table and said the same thing for Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama,,,  I guess it was better???? Looking around its hard to tell...Foreign Wars, Factories lost, Wall Street Greed Run Rampant, Prisons full, Homeless, Eduation, Healthcare..etc...    Not much hope and the "change" has only seemed to help the few.

Sorry just lost a lot of faith in our government to do anything as it stands right now.. It's like an old favorite car, you love it, but it needs a motor overhaul and some body work. The caretakers haven't done a very good job taking care of her. 

Also... I kinda liked it when candidates actually tried to create popular policy and tried to bring people on board with promises.. even if a lie... Joe's promise?  "Back to Normal"....So just back to the normal screwing over with a smile? ;)

Go TEAM!

Bernie lost. Get over it. You have choices in November. Move on or start a viable third party.

Yea, because Clinton and Obama screwed over the masses. Please.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Biden
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

Nothing else matters. 

Go TEAM!

Bernie lost. Get over it. You have choices in November. Move on or start a viable third party.

You disagree, so I must be a Bernie supporter?  GO TEAM...

So I should not speak? No one should demand more of their leaders?  

BTW - I won the bet with another member... only took 5 posts to say something Berniebo-ish as a form of insult 

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,022
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

Nothing else matters. 

Go TEAM!

I suspect you are. Or were. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:
    dignin said:
    myoung321 said:

Which part isn't B&W?

Nothing else matters. 

Go TEAM!

So I should not speak? No one should demand more of their leaders?  

BTW - I won the bet with another member... only took 5 posts to say something Berniebo-ish as a form of insult 

If this is true I applaud you!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden