Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    Biden
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    can we all take a step back and make an observation?

fox business model is to generate, stoke and sell fear, no?

there HAS. been a  distinct and marked change in tone on CNN in the past few years, no? Whats been stoked and sold in that time? Thats right, kids. FEAR.

NYT? Lets overlook the scumbag they're well versed in.....

WAPO isnt far off of that either.

sure be good to see a bit more critical thinking rather than emotional handwringing, which is my take from here.....

Biden is owning his poor performance and still has an equitable vision for the avrage citizen.
    Right, but what if he has another as bad, or worse?  The second debate is after the convention, so it will be too late.  Are you betting this is an aberration or the norm?  I fear it's the norm. 

what if we never beat england in the revolutionary war?

what if.
    Um, that's history.  I'm talking about the future.  The question is whether Biden is still the best person to represent the party on the ticket.  If the answer is no, then Biden owes it to the country and to his legacy to step aside.  I absolutely believed in 2020 that he was the best candidate.  I no longer do. 

You choose to live in what if. I wont play that stupid game. done it enough in the past. not doing it in the present. vote your conscience
    It's not just 'what if'. The first debate performance was disastrous, so it stands to reason that his second could very well be too. If that's the case, it will be a hard sell. Now is the right time to play 'what if' - while there are still two potential options.

17 weeks from the election. approx half watched compared to 2020. and he got better as the night went on.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

there HAS. been a  distinct and marked change in tone on CNN in the past few years, no? Whats been stoked and sold in that time? Thats right, kids. FEAR.

sure be good to see a bit more critical thinking rather than emotional handwringing, which is my take from here.....

Biden is owning his poor performance and still has an equitable vision for the avrage citizen.
    I’ll have to say I agree. I’ve thought the same thing for a long time, but don’t think I’ve said anything to avoid the “both sides” comments.
    Yes, fox sells fear. They will have you think China is going to over take this country if Biden wins.
    But I hear things like democracy will end and he’ll never leave the office. He’ll be what, 85 when the next term ends? How long do people think he can serve?
    dude, he tried to not leave office the first time. he now says he is entitled to 2 more terms. do the math. he also has said publicly that he has the right to go on a revenge tour against those that do not agree with him. fucker will not accept the election results if he loses, and he will not leave if he wins this time and loses next. he was surrounded by some people that tried to alter the outcome in 2020. the fake elector scheme. he will be surrounded with sycophants this time, and nobody will try to stop him. we can't take that chance. wake up.
    He never admitted defeat in 2020, but still left willingly. No one had to forcibly remove him. Secret service didn’t drag him out. It won’t be different if he wins again. It’ll be 4 years and he’s gone. He won’t change the constitution to add another term, or just refuse to leave when it’s over. And if he loses, he’ll cry foul, take it to court, and lose again.
    my sweet summer child.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,012
    Biden
    Is anybody else finding all things Biden vs Trump unhealthy?  I think it's wise to keep up with what's happening, but I'm finding its starting to wear on my nerves.  I watched to debate and my head wants to explode.  I read about Trumps endless lies and my stomach churns.  I think about what will happen if Trump wins and get rattled big-time.  Its really hard not to get overwhelmed sometimes.  I need to get busy and do something.  Maybe go clean the bathroom floor to ceiling with an old discarded toothbrush.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited June 30
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

I’ll have to say I agree. I’ve thought the same thing for a long time, but don’t think I’ve said anything to avoid the “both sides” comments.
    Yes, fox sells fear. They will have you think China is going to over take this country if Biden wins.
    But I hear things like democracy will end and he’ll never leave the office. He’ll be what, 85 when the next term ends? How long do people think he can serve?
    dude, he tried to not leave office the first time. he now says he is entitled to 2 more terms. do the math. he also has said publicly that he has the right to go on a revenge tour against those that do not agree with him. fucker will not accept the election results if he loses, and he will not leave if he wins this time and loses next. he was surrounded by some people that tried to alter the outcome in 2020. the fake elector scheme. he will be surrounded with sycophants this time, and nobody will try to stop him. we can't take that chance. wake up.
    He never admitted defeat in 2020, but still left willingly. No one had to forcibly remove him. Secret service didn’t drag him out. It won’t be different if he wins again. It’ll be 4 years and he’s gone. He won’t change the constitution to add another term, or just refuse to leave when it’s over. And if he loses, he’ll cry foul, take it to court, and lose again.
    my sweet summer child.

slunk away like the piece of shit he is.
    Post edited by Kat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    edited June 30
    I'm sitting this one out
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Right, but what if he has another as bad, or worse?  The second debate is after the convention, so it will be too late.  Are you betting this is an aberration or the norm?  I fear it's the norm. 

what if.
    Um, that's history.  I'm talking about the future.  The question is whether Biden is still the best person to represent the party on the ticket.  If the answer is no, then Biden owes it to the country and to his legacy to step aside.  I absolutely believed in 2020 that he was the best candidate.  I no longer do. 

You choose to live in what if. I wont play that stupid game. done it enough in the past. not doing it in the present. vote your conscience
    It's not just 'what if'. The first debate performance was disastrous, so it stands to reason that his second could very well be too. If that's the case, it will be a hard sell. Now is the right time to play 'what if' - while there are still two potential options.

17 weeks from the election. approx half watched compared to 2020. and he got better as the night went on.
    "Sure the President demonstrated severe cognitive deterioration during a televised debate but hopefully enough people didn't see it or forget about it" et al. is a horrible reflection on the state of the Democrat party.

I'm not a fan of Kamala Harris but I'd be much more comfortable with her at the wheel right now. I do not feel like I know who is making decisions on behalf of the Executive branch and I cannot fathom that continuing another 6 months much less 4 years.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,011
    brianlux said:
    An email I got from the Biden team today contains some good suggestions.  "The "bedwetting brigade" cracked me up. :lol:      ...but made the point clear that Biden is the Dem candidate. 

If you're like me, you're getting lots of texts or calls from folks about the state of the race after Thursday. Maybe it was your panicked aunt, your MAGA uncle, or some self-important Podcasters. It's a tough position to be in, so I thought it might be helpful to send you a few responses.

1. Yes, the debate started rough, but voters saw what a threat Donald Trump is to the country. It was more than just lying -- though he did plenty of that. Trump:

• Defended the end of Roe v. Wade, saying "it's been a great thing."
      • Said that the pro-Trump Nazi march in Charlottesville was "made up."
      • Said on January 6th that "we were respected all over the world."
      • Defended his 34 felony convictions, saying the system was "rigged" and he did nothing wrong.
    2. Actual voters perceived this debate very differently than those who pay attention to politics a lot (like everyone who is getting this email and everyone who goes on cable news).
      Breaking news: People think Joe Biden's old. They did coming into the debate, they do coming out of the debate. At the same time, though, a lot of people have rose-colored glasses about the Trump years. The most important thing about the debate was always going to be that people were reminded of what they hate about Donald Trump: that he's unhinged, out for revenge, and in it for himself. And they were reminded, in a powerful way.

Flash polls from CNN, 538, SurveyUSA, Morning Consult, and Data for Progress show what we expected: the debate did not change the horserace. In fact, following the debate, our internal dials showed President Biden led Trump on key measures of being presidential, speaking to the issues that matter, and being likable by more than 20 points.
    3. That's because the long-term impact of debates is overstated anyway.
      Let us all remember that Barack Obama lost the first debate in 2012 (and the media panicked too!). Bush lost in 2004. Ronald Reagan lost the first debate in 1984. They, as you'll recall, won their elections. And those debates were in October, not June!
    4. 90 minutes does not negate 3 ½ years of results.
      Joe Biden is extremely good at being president. Let's not forget that the guy up on stage:

• Expanded health care to millions of families
      • Lowered the price of insulin to $35 for seniors
      • Created more jobs than any president in history
      • Vaccinated the country and reopened our schools
      • Took the largest climate action in the history of the world
      • Canceled student loans for nearly 5 million people
      • Rallied the world in support of Ukraine, and expanded NATO while doing it
      • Passed the largest national funding for passenger rail since the founding of Amtrak
      • Banned chokeholds and no-knock entries by federal law enforcement, and restricted the transfer of military equipment to police departments
      • Passed the largest investment in bridges and roads in our history
      • Pardoned thousands of Americans federally convicted of marijuana possession
      • Expanded benefits to veterans who have been exposed to toxic chemicals
      • Officially protected same-sex marriage federally
      • Passed the first gun violence prevention bill in 30 years
      • Saved the pensions of more than 1 million union workers
      • Averted a banking crisis (remember that?)
      • Expanded paid overtime to working families
      • Made birth control pills available over the counter
      • Made renewable energy the #2 source of electricity in America
      • Moved to reschedule marijuana
      • Shifted the microchip supply chain back to the United States
      • Put the first Black woman on the Supreme Court
      • And that's really all I have time to list out here!
    5. The day after the debate, Joe Biden gave a fiery, defiant speech, where he tackled concerns about his age head-on.
      I don't know if you were watching, but Joe Biden left the debate stage, spoke at a rally, went to Waffle House, got on a plane, flew to Raleigh, hung out with 200 supporters on the tarmac, went to bed, woke up, gave an amazing speech, got back on a plane, went to New York, visited Stonewall with Elton John, and then spoke at a pride gala for LGBTQ+ supporters.

The speech in Raleigh, by the way, has millions of views online, and you should watch and share it yourself:

Tweet by Joe Biden
    6. The bedwetting brigade is calling for Joe Biden to "drop out." That is the best possible way for Donald Trump to win and us to lose.
      First of all: Joe Biden is going to be the Democratic nominee, period. End of story. Voters voted. He won overwhelmingly. And if he were to drop out, it would lead to weeks of chaos, internal foodfighting, and a bunch of candidates who limp into a brutal floor fight at the convention, all while Donald Trump has time to speak to American voters uncontested. All of that would be in service of a nominee who would go into a general election in the weakest possible position with zero dollars in their bank account. You want a highway to losing? It's that.

And at the end of the day, we'd switch to candidates who would, according to polls, be less likely to win than Joe Biden -- the only person ever to defeat Donald Trump.

Screenshot of Polling Graphic
    7. Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee, period. Rather than worrying about polls, our supporters are getting on board.
      Did you see the awesome clips of our supporters on the tarmac doing the Cupid Shuffle at 2am on the night of the debate? The biggest rally of our campaign yet on Friday? Well, no, probably not, because the media is busy hyperventilating and trying to manifest drama to boost ratings. But this isn't Aaron Sorkin's fever dream. It's Joe Biden's reelection campaign.

While they were spinning out, our grassroots supporters got to work and:
      • Raised us $27 million in two days
      • Signed up for three times as many volunteer shifts as on an average day
      • Attended more than 1,500 events nationwide

We even had three times as many people as usual apply to campaign jobs yesterday. Mercifully, while the beltway pundits are spending their time attacking Joe Biden, our people are more focused than ever.

Smart folks -- folks that care about defeating Donald Trump and winning this election -- have identified that the best way to help right now is by helping, and not by kicking their feet up and telling everyone around them to panic.

I tend to agree with this take. We’re riding with Biden to the White House or we’re crashing and burning with Brandon at the wheel. Too late to change the candidate. We need turnout via outreach and the party out on the campaign trail where it matters most. Let’s see how sleepy woke Joe will do at rallies in September through November. Plus, do a lot of small market media interviews in the battleground states.

I have my prediction but it’s not due to a poor debate performance.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,072
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

my sweet summer child.

slunk away like the pussy piece of shit he is.
    Not sure what those last 2 comments mean.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    Biden
    Harris runs for Gov of CA

Gavin takes her vp spot or... 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    Here is a video I would implore all you us who care about retaining democracy in America.   This is what we need to do.  It's spelled out clearly.  I know at a little over 21 minutes, it's a longer than a sound bite, but this is worth your time.  We need this kind of guidance.  We need to stop being negative and defeated.  We need to stop talking about Biden stepping down.  And more than anything, we need to continue to oppose Trump, to not let up on the attack on Donald Trump for a moment. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    !!!!!!!

• Options
    Biden
    Half the push for Biden to drop out of the race comes from Democrats who have forgotten how to stay strong and remain positive and half from MAGA Republicans who would love to see that happen.  Biden is not going to drop out of the race.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,153
    Biden
    saw one political commentator say "this once again proves republicans have no morals (supporting trump) and democrats have no spine (wanting to replace biden)"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    saw one political commentator say "this once again proves republicans have no morals (supporting trump) and democrats have no spine (wanting to replace biden)"

Generalizations of course, but hard to argue. 

• Options

I was actually thinking this. Have someone replace Kamala who would have a higher approval rating. And 25 Biden within the first year. Then no need to change him on the ticket.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,153
    Biden
    "planning"' on ousting a sitting president is highly unlikely and extremely immoral. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    "planning"' on ousting a sitting president is highly unlikely and extremely immoral. 

Besides which, it's just not going to happen.  Odd that people can't see or accept that.  I think the operative word is "deal".

• Options
    edited July 1
    For one, I’d say the chances of him lasting 4.5 more years is less than 50/50. So may as well put the person in the VP spot who you’d want to be the one to take over. I don’t see that as immoral if it’s justified.
    And second, when did being immoral stop those seeded deep within DC anyway?
  • Options
    edited July 1
    Biden
    First of all, Trump is not spring chicken and looks more sickly that Biden.  So the choice is old Biden with good ideas and a love of democracy, or old Trump with a shit load of felonies, poor manners, poor morals, bloated ego, unhinged narcissism, an undying love of authoritarian rule (which will come back to haunt anyone who follow it- for Pete's sake, look at some history would ya?!), and enough lies to fill a book.  How does anyone even consider that crook as a choice for president?  How is that even possible?

As for Biden's age, look, I have mornings where I look as bad as Joe on a bad day- maybe worse!  It happens when you're old.  Does that mean I'll be lucky to have another 4 and 1/2 years?  And besides, no one here is Biden's or my doctor, so why would anyone say something like that?  Jesus, you'd think some of you have never seen and old adult.  We're not going to up and die just because we have an off days.  Get a grip :lol:  

Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    Biden
    ok, who does biden need to win?

african americans, and women.

you people are crazy to think for one second that african americans and women will just overlook biden replacing harris with another white man. it isn't going to happen. biden and harris is the ticket. harris has been the vp for 4 years already, which makes her more qualified than anybody else right now.

also, why the fuck are people not calling for trump to drop out? you know, convicted felon, wholly unfit for office, russian asset, anti american, etc, etc. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Biden

you people are crazy to think for one second that african americans and women will just overlook biden replacing harris with another white man. it isn't going to happen. biden and harris is the ticket. harris has been the vp for 4 years already, which makes her more qualified than anybody else right now.

also, why the fuck are people not calling for trump to drop out? you know, convicted felon, wholly unfit for office, russian asset, anti american, etc, etc. 

GOOD point.  I'm up for that!

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,356
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

what if.

That "better" was still about 1/4 of what I'd want from a president so I'm not sure that's something to hang your hat on.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,356
    Biden

We've all given up on Republicans having a spine or being moral, so no reason to beat that dead horse, but yet again it's the dems who need to change their candidate. Neither party should have put these 2 up, it's aggravating as fuck.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Biden
    tbergs said:

We've all given up on Republicans having a spine or being moral, so no reason to beat that dead horse, but yet again it's the dems who need to change their candidate. Neither party should have put these 2 up, it's aggravating as fuck.

Next time, yes.  But let's deal in reality here.  It's Biden vs Trump.  That's not going to change.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    First of all, Trump is not spring chicken and looks more sickly that Biden.  So the choice is old Biden with good ideas and a love of democracy, or old Trump with a shit load of felonies, poor manners, poor morals, bloated ego, unhinged narcissism, an undying love of authoritarian rule (which will come back to haunt anyone who follow it- for Pete's sake, look at some history would ya?!), and enough lies to fill a book.  How does anyone even consider that crook as a choice for president?  How is that even possible?

As for Biden's age, look, I have mornings where I look as bad as Joe on a bad day- maybe worse!  It happens when you're old.  Does that mean I'll be lucky to have another 4 and 1/2 years?  And besides, no one here is Biden's or my doctor, so why would anyone say something like that?  Jesus, you'd think some of you have never seen and old adult.  We're not going to up and die just because we have an off days.  Get a grip :lol:  

It’s not that he’ll be dead in 4 years. I expect the bar to be president to be higher than still alive. If elected, my guess is more likely than not at some point before his term is up he’ll step down or be forced to. It’s a demanding job with a tremendous amount of responsibility

I know Trump isn’t young either, his chances of getting 4.5 years is definitely well below 100 too. It’s sad these are our two choices. 

But we’ve seen a decline in Biden. I’ve been around plenty of old people. And had grandparents with dementia. Not saying he’s full blown dementia Joe, but changes can come on fast at that age.
    My father in law is the same age and I’ve seen a change in him in the last year. Not as bad as what we saw last week or the week before in those “faked” videos. But he gets lost in lengthy conversations lately. And he very well may still be with us in 4 years, but he wouldn’t be physically or mentally up for this job.
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

It’s not that he’ll be dead in 4 years. I expect the bar to be president to be higher than still alive. If elected, my guess is more likely than not at some point before his term is up he’ll step down or be forced to. It’s a demanding job with a tremendous amount of responsibility

I know Trump isn’t young either, his chances of getting 4.5 years is definitely well below 100 too. It’s sad these are our two choices. 

But we’ve seen a decline in Biden. I’ve been around plenty of old people. And had grandparents with dementia. Not saying he’s full blown dementia Joe, but changes can come on fast at that age.
    My father in law is the same age and I’ve seen a change in him in the last year. Not as bad as what we saw last week or the week before in those “faked” videos. But he gets lost in lengthy conversations lately. And he very well may still be with us in 4 years, but he wouldn’t be physically or mentally up for this job.

Yeah, you're right.  Let's let the slightly younger guy who wants to end democracy and pretend to be our buddy (but who in the long run will do what all dictators throughout history have done and screw us royally) be our president.  Besides, he's only been multiple times convicted as a felon.  It's not like he's a mass murderer (even though he did say that if he went out and started shooting people at random his followers would vote for him anyway).

The choice is obvious.  We'll sacrifice democracy, allow the collapse of this country, and watch the fall-out of having a crazed, megalomaniac authoritarian throw the world into chaos because Biden might not be in top form for the coming 4 1/2 years (even though his VP and carefully picked cabinet and team will be and he will continue to advocate for democracy and most of the time he will do just fine).

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    The whole point of replacing Biden is to have a puncher's chance at defeating Trump. Biden was behind in the polls before the debate, showed himself to be in a shockingly poor cognitive state, and still has four months and another debate in front of him. 
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out

The soft racism of assumptions about black voters

• Options
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:

Yeah, you're right.  Let's let the slightly younger guy who wants to end democracy and pretend to be our buddy (but who in the long run will do what all dictators throughout history have done and screw us royally) be our president.  Besides, he's only been multiple times convicted as a felon.  It's not like he's a mass murderer (even though he did say that if he went out and started shooting people at random his followers would vote for him anyway).

The choice is obvious.  We'll sacrifice democracy, allow the collapse of this country, and watch the fall-out of having a crazed, megalomaniac authoritarian throw the world into chaos because Biden might not be in top form for the coming 4 1/2 years (even though his VP and carefully picked cabinet and team will be and he will continue to advocate for democracy and most of the time he will do just fine).

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!
    I’ve said a few times I don’t like either candidate and neither should be on the ticket.
    And I’m just commenting on what I perceive to be Biden’s mental state. You’re right that I’m not a doctor and we all have bad days. But we’ve seen a steady decline in the last several months and have just been told it’s fake news from the right, it’s just Magas, altered videos, etc. Except Thursday, there was no way to spin it or pretend it didn’t happen this time, while giving credibility to the concerns others have had.
    I don’t think Trump is a good alternative. He is also old and either candidate who wins would be the oldest in history to be elected.
    All I’m saying is last week Biden proved, what many suspected, his age is taking a toll. He was unable to complete several thoughts, and without a teleprompter or written speech, he struggled. That’s not going to get better in the next year or 2.
    If they aren’t seriously considering replacing him or Kamala, that would be a big mistake in my opinion. It would be a mess at first, but would be best if he dropped out on his own and let someone else step up. If elected, I don’t see. Idea last 4 years - not that he’ll be dead. But just not be able to complete the tasks required.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    Biden
    mace1229 said:

I was actually thinking this. Have someone replace Kamala who would have a higher approval rating. And 25 Biden within the first year. Then no need to change him on the ticket.
    lol...no reason to 25 him. If tRump didn't get 25d then no one ever will
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Biden
    weeeeeeeee.......

Steve Bannon, an influential Donald Trump ally, is due to report to prison on Monday to serve a four-month sentence after he was convicted for defying a congressional subpoena from the committee that probed the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol attack.

Bannon is expected to serve his time at a low security federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Trump is the Republican candidate challenging Democratic President Joe Biden in the Nov. 5 U.S. election. The sentence could keep Bannon imprisoned almost to Election Day. Inmates in federal prison do not have access to the internet or social media, making it difficult for Bannon to communicate with fans of his War Room podcast.

Bannon on Friday lost a last-ditch effort to stay out of prison when the Supreme Court rejected his request to delay his sentence while he exhausts the appeals process for his conviction.

He was sentenced to four months after being convicted in 2022 of two misdemeanor counts of contempt of Congress. He was charged after he refused to turn over documents or testify to a Democratic-led House of Representatives committee investigating the Capitol riot by Trump supporters who had sought to prevent congressional certification of Biden's 2020 election win.

Bannon was a key adviser to Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, then served as his chief White House strategist during 2017 before a falling out between them that was later patched up. He also has played an instrumental role in right-wing media.

He initially was allowed to delay starting his prison term while he appealed his conviction to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. The D.C. Circuit ultimately upheld his conviction, prompting U.S. District Court Judge Carl Nichols to order Bannon to report to prison.

Bannon will not be the first former top official from Trump's White House to go to prison for refusing to cooperate with the committee. Peter Navarro, a former Trump trade adviser, reported to prison in March after being given a four-month sentence. The Supreme Court declined Navarro's request to remain free during his appeal.

continues......