Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,995
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    OK, so we have two old farts running for president, one old and decrepit, and one ultra-narcissist anti-democracy nut case.  How did we get there and how do we change?  Here's what I think:  Younger generations, people need to get off their phones, and get off their asses, and get into the real world and start making changes.  Others have done that in the past.  G.I. generation pulled this country out of the depression and fought for freedom and democracy.  Boomers stood up and rallied to put an end to the war in Vietnam.  Now it's time for a new generation to get moving and do something.  My generation is not going to change anything.  There are not enough of us with any gas in the tank anymore.  We're old, we're worn out.  We're passe.  If gen Z and gen X don't get off their phones and get off their asses, this country is going into the shitter for good.  It blows my mind that were even talking about Biden and Trump.  I mean, really, WTF?  Wake up, younger people. 
    Interesting passing off the damage baby boomers have done and continue to do on genX, millennial and gen’s apathy…. Bold take. 

You should know by now I have not "passed off damage baby boomers have done".  I have been talked about things my generation did right- particularly during the Vietnam war era- but I have also quite often here on these very forums been highly critical of my generation for dropping the ball, for trading in the bold and worthy things boomer stood upon for their pursuit of money and an easy privileged life.  You can read all of that in detail in parts of this book:

You should also know about me by now that I do not take well to having my character misconstrued.  I'll leave it at that before this becomes more personal.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    OK, so we have two old farts running for president, one old and decrepit, and one ultra-narcissist anti-democracy nut case.  How did we get there and how do we change?  Here's what I think:  Younger generations, people need to get off their phones, and get off their asses, and get into the real world and start making changes.  Others have done that in the past.  G.I. generation pulled this country out of the depression and fought for freedom and democracy.  Boomers stood up and rallied to put an end to the war in Vietnam.  Now it's time for a new generation to get moving and do something.  My generation is not going to change anything.  There are not enough of us with any gas in the tank anymore.  We're old, we're worn out.  We're passe.  If gen Z and gen X don't get off their phones and get off their asses, this country is going into the shitter for good.  It blows my mind that were even talking about Biden and Trump.  I mean, really, WTF?  Wake up, younger people. 
    Interesting passing off the damage baby boomers have done and continue to do on genX, millennial and gen’s apathy…. Bold take. 

You should know by now I have not "passed off damage baby boomers have done".  I have been talked about things my generation did right- particularly during the Vietnam war era- but I have also quite often here on these very forums been highly critical of my generation for dropping the ball, for trading in the bold and worthy things boomer stood upon for their pursuit of money and an easy privileged life.  You can read all of that in detail in parts of this book:

You should also know about me by now that I do not take well to having my character misconstrued.  I'll leave it at that before this becomes more personal.

Its weird how we blame generations. We, as individuals have very little sway on large issues, compared to multinationals or even bands. Must of us are struggling holding down jobs to make ends meet.

As an example,  I'll raise the sphere in Vegas. I point out often if this concert concept takes hold,  by having many open thru the world, its transforming a local experience to one where hundreds of thousands of fans are flying great distances into a desert, and food/water needs to be trucked in as well

Rumor has it, our great liberal PJ band,  very much wants to play there. Its a Liberal forum here but my comments get shot down "the planes would fly there anyway."

If a band like d and c can expect 600,000 fans fly into the desert and that does not matter, what influence do we as individuals have?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,183
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

More personal? Have at it 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

No man, not going there.  You know the rules here.  Besides, you completely deflected my main point. 

Let's go back to that:

"Interesting passing off the damage baby boomers have done and continue to do on genX, millennial and gen’s apathy…. Bold take. "

I took time to carefully reply to what you said there.  Instead of a knee jerk response, why not reply to what my point was? On the other hand, if you're just looking to pick a fight, forget that.  That's not what we're here for.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

No man, not going there.  You know the rules here.  Besides, you completely deflected my main point. 

Let's go back to that:

"Interesting passing off the damage baby boomers have done and continue to do on genX, millennial and gen’s apathy…. Bold take. "

I took time to carefully reply to what you said there.  Instead of a knee jerk response, why not reply to what my point was? On the other hand, if you're just looking to pick a fight, forget that.  That's not what we're here for.

I have no idea what has you so riled up. You stated that younger generations need to get off their phone….meanwhile the baby boomers have kept a vice gripe on power since they hit adulthood.  We need to lose these 2 boomers. And 1 of these boomers remade an entire party into a piece of shit. 

I don’t think that a generation by itself is to blame for anything but I certainly don’t think cellphones are the reason we are in this shitty place. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,006
    Cell phones and social media are partly to blame for why we’re here.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    Biden
    Cell phones and social media are partly to blame for why we’re here.
    Right, because the boomers got their hands on cellphones and found their way to social media! 
  • Options
    Biden
    Yeeeeeeeeowwweeee!
    Spinning Out Of Control GIFs  Tenor

• Options
    Biden
    OK, look, here's the deal.  I, and some other people my age have done our part.  Personally, I've voted, I've advocated.  I've participated in city, county, and state meetings on a variety of agenda from environmental issues to disability rights, to right to die issues.  I've written letters and called representatives.  I've signed petitions.  I've organized a rally and participated in several others.  For many years, I've tithed my income to social and environmental issues. 

And I've encouraged other people my age to do the same things.  But I and those of my generation who have been activist are getting old and tired and worn out.  My point is that people of younger generations need to step up to the plate and do something or accept the consequences.  Getting on a forum or FaceBook and ranting isn't getting a fucking thing done.  If more younger, energetic people don't start getting more involved, they will have to live with what comes down.  That's the way it is, and that is my point.

So if it matters, people will do something.  If it doesn't matter and people don't want to step up to the plate and would rather play donkey kong or some other bullshit on their phones, so be it. 

This is not about generations.  It's about people with the age and vitality to make changes either getting off their asses or living with the consequences of inaction. 

But look, don't listen to me.  Let Lou tell it like it is.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Biden
    Donkey Kong?

:lol:
    Awesome.

I dont blame Boomers, that is silly.  It is all our fault.  

We have more than 30% of people who don't vote.
    We routinely make it tougher to vote for low-income people

We are morons.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Biden
    Donkey Kong?

Awesome.

We are morons.
    No it’s cause genx and gent have cell phones. Let’s not lose site of the original statement that lead us to this stupid discussion about generations and why we have 2 boomers running for president when they literally can not run … or walk very well. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Biden
    Donkey Kong?

Awesome.

We are morons.
    No it’s cause genx and gent have cell phones. Let’s not lose site of the original statement that lead us to this stupid discussion about generations and why we have 2 boomers running for president when they literally can not run … or walk very well. 
    I think social media and cell phones helped make people even dumber,  but I still blame everyone.
    It's all of us that lead to where we are

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,063
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’m just curious. Everyone on the left has been defending his age and ability for years now. And it seems overnight, all these same people have turned on him. It’s pretty embarrassing to watch. Biden should’ve been a one term from the first day. He was the best to beat Trump. He accomplished it, he has nothing left to prove. He’s had a storybook career. I’m just not sure why it got this far. 
    Maybe it's because there was a seismic shift that happened overnight?

Time and time again over the last 5 years, Biden has been underestimated and exceeded expectations---debates, speeches, sotu's etc. And contrary, to maga belief, the country is not in horrible shape considering where it was when he was sworn in. So of course they would defend their guy.

Last night was really the first time he came up small since those early debates in 2015...and it wasn't just small. It was jarring. Possibly the worst debate performance ever, considering how much is on the line. 
    His gaffes have been getting worse and more often. But even just last week we were told the videos of him acting confused were fakes and edited, even though they clearly weren’t. It shouldn’t have been a surprised to anyone. The degree and how quickly he bombed maybe was surprising. 
  • Options
    Biden
    Donkey Kong?

Awesome.

We are morons.

Exactly!  America as a whole gets what it deserves. Those who care get screwed.

And I'm glad you appreciated my little Donkey Kong bit.  :lol:

• Options
    Donkey Kong?

Awesome.

We are morons.
    There’s only 1 boomer running for president. Biden is part of the silent generation, he’s too old to be a boomer even.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:

That's more like it.  Besides, the choice is obvious.  I'll take an old man who tells the truth over a pathological liar any day.  We should have had a better candidate on both parties, but this is what we have and the choice is an easy one... if you prefer democracy and freedom over tyranny and authoritarian rule, anyway.

• Options
    In case you were confused on who to vote for come November, especially by party affiliation. Think about it. Who the fuck nominates POOTWH in 2016 and then continues to endorse him? In 2024 when they didn’t even update their platform in 2020? Seriously? But the dems are lost with Brandon? Seriously? Think. About. It. 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

“Gone by Easter.” Or is that another misquote that was taken out of context? And can be attempted to be splained away by the marks?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

That's more like it.  Besides, the choice is obvious.  I'll take an old man who tells the truth over a pathological liar any day.  We should have had a better candidate on both parties, but this is what we have and the choice is an easy one... if you prefer democracy and freedom over tyranny and authoritarian rule, anyway.

That video makes me wanna blame his handlers even more. He has the ability to speak publicly, forcefully, and clearly.

Yet his team let him walk right into the lions den, inflict damage to the Democrats like no one else can because they overloaded him with nonsensical facts. He may never again get an audience large enough to undo that damage.

We don’t need Biden in a debate to tell us that Trump is a convicted rapist that Trump is a convicted felon 34 times and a liar and on and on… That stuff is nonsense when it comes to a debate. The whole democratic hierarchy has been polluted by the New York Times by MSNBC and the stuff we see here every day on ATM. You can tell Biden was overloaded with too many words, often left to muttering, right into the most viable attack against himself.

When it comes to a debate, all that stuff is nonsense. Independent voters know this stuff. Maybe mention it once and move on. It’s not that difficult to talk in a debate for 40 minutes in one and two minute increments. Yet they overloaded him. Yes he is old but they overloaded him with too much data, and he was completely unprepared for that debate

and we’re looking at very possibly  Another Trump, presidency.
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

That video makes me wanna blame his handlers even more. He has the ability to speak publicly, forcefully, and clearly.

Yet his team let him walk right into the lions den, inflict damage to the Democrats like no one else can because they overloaded him with nonsensical facts. He may never again get an audience large enough to undo that damage.

We don’t need Biden in a debate to tell us that Trump is a convicted rapist that Trump is a convicted felon 34 times and a liar and on and on… That stuff is nonsense when it comes to a debate. The whole democratic hierarchy has been polluted by the New York Times by MSNBC and the stuff we see here every day on ATM. You can tell Biden was overloaded with too many words, often left to muttering, right into the most viable attack against himself.

When it comes to a debate, all that stuff is nonsense. Independent voters know this stuff. Maybe mention it once and move on. It’s not that difficult to talk in a debate for 40 minutes in one and two minute increments. Yet they overloaded him. Yes he is old but they overloaded him with too much data, and he was completely unprepared for that debate

as I recall you were certain fuckstick was winning 2020.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

An interesting take, L.  I have been baffled by Biden's poor performance in the debate fiasco.  I hadn't considered bad coaching. 

At this point, what makes sense to me is to keep the support for Biden strong.  I even went as far as to send what for me is a sizable donation to the Biden campaign yesterday.  I have to be honest and say that is not how I like to spend my tithing money.  I am way more inclined to give money to carefully selected environmental organizations such as Wildlands Network and the Paul Watson Foundation, as well as social activist organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center.  Sending money to politicians goes against my grain.  But I feel a strong sense of obligation to support whatever it takes to keep democracy alive and beat Trump.

And I want to say to our few Trump supporters here that those of us who are supporting Biden are doing you a huge favor.  We are fighting to save your freedom, as well as ours.  I'm not going to try to convince you that Biden is the greatest president we've ever had.  He's not.  But he's the candidate who will continue to preserve democracy rather than turn this country into one under authoritarian rule that would have nothing to do with benefiting you.  Authoritarian rulers don't care about you.  They only care about their own massive ego and keeping you pinned down with false beliefs and false hopes.  I hope one or two of you will consider what is really in your best interest instead of supporting someone who doesn't care one iota about you.  That's all I have to say about that.

• Options
    MarcvHMarcvH Amersfoort, Netherlands Posts: 34
    I secretly have to laugh a little. I just saw some clips from the Biden - Trump debate. As a Democrat, I am of course shocked. Then played 'Scared of Fear' with lyrics on Spotify. This could just be about Biden...
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    Biden
    I think social media, for all its ills, has made people MORE engaged. Then less engaged out of exhaustion, but then more engaged. Unfortunately, it also likely means they are misinformed.

Remember, the last election had the highest percentage turnout in the history of the country. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I don't see this as a personal attack, Brian. He just disagreed with your position. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I don't see this as a personal attack, Brian. He just disagreed with your position. 
    I took "passing off the damage baby boomers have done and continue to do on genX, millennial and gen’s apathy…. Bold take" as personal.  But I'm over it, moving on.  We have more important things to discuss.

• Options
    edited June 29
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

I disagree with it being the staff’s fault. I’m sure they did overload him with tons of facts. In fact, during his first response as he was just speaking really fast, the very first thing I said to my wife was he has just memorized responses and doesn’t know what he’s saying.
    But at the end of the day he showed the inability to think on his own. Bad coaching and prep doesn’t mean you can’t respond on your own. Especially someone who has given as many public appearances as him. And like you said, he only needs to talk in 1-2 minute increments, and he repeatedly failed at that.
    We’ve seen for the last year his decline. We watched him shake hands with nobody, look lost on stage, not know where to go, etc. His staff denied it. Those close to him and much of the media blamed it on the right, said you must be Magat if you believe it. Even just last week his staff claimed those videos were edited, faked or altered when they clearly weren’t.
    This is the state Biden is in. He probably has better and worse days. Probably does better when he can read a teleprompter or have an ear piece and not respond on his own. But his mental status was on full display Thursday. Is anyone really convinced he can make it 4 1/2 more years? What’s it going to be like in 6 months or a year? I will be surprised if he’s the nominee come the convention. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

An interesting take, L.  I have been baffled by Biden's poor performance in the debate fiasco.  I hadn't considered bad coaching. 

At this point, what makes sense to me is to keep the support for Biden strong.  I even went as far as to send what for me is a sizable donation to the Biden campaign yesterday.  I have to be honest and say that is not how I like to spend my tithing money.  I am way more inclined to give money to carefully selected environmental organizations such as Wildlands Network and the Paul Watson Foundation, as well as social activist organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center.  Sending money to politicians goes against my grain.  But I feel a strong sense of obligation to support whatever it takes to keep democracy alive and beat Trump.

And I want to say to our few Trump supporters here that those of us who are supporting Biden are doing you a huge favor.  We are fighting to save your freedom, as well as ours.  I'm not going to try to convince you that Biden is the greatest president we've ever had.  He's not.  But he's the candidate who will continue to preserve democracy rather than turn this country into one under authoritarian rule that would have nothing to do with benefiting you.  Authoritarian rulers don't care about you.  They only care about their own massive ego and keeping you pinned down with false beliefs and false hopes.  I hope one or two of you will consider what is really in your best interest instead of supporting someone who doesn't care one iota about you.  That's all I have to say about that.

They had three options - debate close to the election like usual, debate in an unusually early time of year and hope the media moves on from a poor performance, or don't debate. They bet that the chosen option was the right one. I think they'll wait 1-2 weeks to see how the polls react before they decide whether this is recoverable. My suspicion is that as much of a disaster as it was, it can be forgotten if Biden continues with a few more excellent performances where he looks energized and sounds clear and cogent. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

They had three options - debate close to the election like usual, debate in an unusually early time of year and hope the media moves on from a poor performance, or don't debate. They bet that the chosen option was the right one. I think they'll wait 1-2 weeks to see how the polls react before they decide whether this is recoverable. My suspicion is that as much of a disaster as it was, it can be forgotten if Biden continues with a few more excellent performances where he looks energized and sounds clear and cogent. 
    It will be hard to forget when you know every ad will target his mental capacity and show clips from the debate, or or sound bites  like “we finally killed Medicare.”