Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Biden
    CALL IT SOMEONE!
    Could it be that they are all afraid of a mean tweet?  :fearful:
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Milking, always milking
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    I'm sitting this one out

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Biden
    CALL IT SOMEONE!
    Are they milking coverage?

Or gunshy?
    I sometimes half-joke that ratings are the only remaining justification for the electoral college. Election night is sort of exciting waiting for each state's results to come in. And now this year, there's overtime coverage. But take away the importance of state-by-state results, and you might know the winner by 10:00 pm EST. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    I'm sitting this one out

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,886
    Biden
    Kat said:
    CALL IT SOMEONE!
    Could it be that they are all afraid of a mean tweet?  :fearful:

LOL!

I asked my sister about this last night.  She is not privileged to any insider information or anything like that, but she is very active in politics and worked a long day at a poling station on Tuesday and her take is that they are being very careful to count as many ballots as possible, to not make any calls that are premature, and to give as much legitimacy as possible to the election and a Biden victory.   Her feelings of patience and confidence have really lifted my spirits over the last day or so!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,977
    Biden
    these local and state officials basically telling trump to stop being such a baby are priceless. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    CALL IT SOMEONE!

Or gunshy?
    I sometimes half-joke that ratings are the only remaining justification for the electoral college. Election night is sort of exciting waiting for each state's results to come in. And now this year, there's overtime coverage. But take away the importance of state-by-state results, and you might know the winner by 10:00 pm EST. 
    We feel you. This is like when the Eurovision Song Contest went from being one joyful evening to a dreadful fifty thousand lead up contests.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,766
    Biden
    This must be fake. Those adidas shoes looks to cool for a trumper

This video is really funny to me.  Nothing to do with shoes, but praying to an entity to sway an election toward a horrible person.

(Not the devil?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,638
    Biden
    CALL IT SOMEONE!

Or gunshy?
    If it was just the TV networks, I would say milking it...but really not understanding the AP at this point.  Both Nevada and PA seem like much safer calls than Arizona when they did.
  • Options
    Biden
    This must be fake. Those adidas shoes looks to cool for a trumper

This video is really funny to me.  Nothing to do with shoes, but praying to an entity to sway an election toward a horrible person.

(Not the devil?)
    and these same people hate this type of behaviour when they see brown people in a faraway land doing it. unreal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    buh bye loser; nobody likes you, they never did:

Sources close to the White House say some officials are beginning to quietly back away from Trump

From CNN's Jim Acosta

Sources close to the White House said some senior officials inside the White House and the campaign are beginning to quietly back away from Trump, in acts of self-preservation, as the returns in Pennsylvania and Georgia indicate the President will not win reelection. 

"It's over," one key adviser to the administration said of the race. The adviser went on to say there are concerns about what Trump will do, beyond the question of whether he will concede the race.  

"God. Who knows," the adviser said when asked what Trump might do next, conceding there were multiple officials in the campaign and the White House who were shaking their heads after Trump's litany of false statements Thursday evening in the White House briefing room.  

Some in the campaign, the adviser said, questioned the Trump team's decision to dispatch the likes of Rudy Giuliani and Trump's sons to make unfounded allegations of voter fraud, arguing that likely diminished the president's claims of wrongdoing. The adviser said Trump is well within his rights to contest the election results but is going about it in exactly the wrong way.

A separate adviser to the campaign described Trump as increasingly isolated in his claims of a stolen election. "He is mostly alone here," the adviser said of Trump's claims of voter fraud. 

The sources noted, however, there are still some aides and allies around the president telling him what he wants to hear. That will keep the drama going, the sources added.

One pressure point for Trump is that some in the administration are already beginning to look beyond the 2020 race and toward 2024. One adviser said some inside the administration and the GOP are starting to measure their actions based on ambitions for the next campaign cycle. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,837
    Biden
    CALL IT SOMEONE!

I hereby call it for Kanye West.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    I said it pages back..mail in voting made this a clusterfuck,  You knew this was coming. 4 years ago your heard " He's not my president"..now its the right sides turn to say the same... and being given the perfect reason to do so.
    This is not really a clusterfuck.  IMO it has gone very smoothly.  The only thing making it a clusterfuck is the manufactured urgency and (an extremely dangerous) circus tent of the Trumps trying to undermine democracy.

States wanted the ability to count these votes early.  Republicans blocked it.  Also, Trump told his people not to do mail-in ballots, based on zero intelligence of voter fraud attached to them.  What it really was, was Trump/R's didnt want as many people voting because it would cook their goose.  It would also provide a parachute of what is happening now: trying to invalidate a perfectly fine election that we can/should take pride in as a country.

So in short, this is all manufactured by the Trumps because they are selfish reptiles.

Can and should elections be improved in the future?  Sure!
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    I know I have the potential to dwell on this annoyingly, so I'll bring this up only once until (and only if) it becomes a more pressing issue...does Biden ever get inaugurated. There are three potential scenarios:
    • Biden gets inaugurated
    • "Faithless Electors" either switch the vote to Trump or don't show up. The latter moves the election to state house delegations, which lean GQP 27 to 23 or so.
    • Barr earns his money and the SCOTUS members earn their seats by finding a "legal challenge."
    Last time I post about this until at least such time as the rest of you start to think it's possible...I think there's a 50/50 chance Biden gets inaugurated.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    I said it pages back..mail in voting made this a clusterfuck,  You knew this was coming. 4 years ago your heard " He's not my president"..now its the right sides turn to say the same... and being given the perfect reason to do so.
    This is not really a clusterfuck.  IMO it has gone very smoothly.  The only thing making it a clusterfuck is the manufactured urgency and (an extremely dangerous) circus tent of the Trumps trying to undermine democracy.

States wanted the ability to count these votes early.  Republicans blocked it.  Also, Trump told his people not to do mail-in ballots, based on zero intelligence of voter fraud attached to them.  What it really was, was Trump/R's didnt want as many people voting because it would cook their goose.  It would also provide a parachute of what is happening now: trying to invalidate a perfectly fine election that we can/should take pride in as a country.

So in short, this is all manufactured by the Trumps because they are selfish reptiles.

Mail in balloting did not make this a clusterfuck.  People not understanding the rules put in place, many times by republican state congress, is what makes uneducated people think it's a clusterfuck.  People believing a liar and letting him manipulate them is what makes this a clusterfuck.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    I know I have the potential to dwell on this annoyingly, so I'll bring this up only once until (and only if) it becomes a more pressing issue...does Biden ever get inaugurated. There are three potential scenarios:
    • Biden gets inaugurated
    • "Faithless Electors" either switch the vote to Trump or don't show up. The latter moves the election to state house delegations, which lean GQP 27 to 23 or so.
    • Barr earns his money and the SCOTUS members earn their seats by finding a "legal challenge."
    Last time I post about this until at least such time as the rest of you start to think it's possible...I think there's a 50/50 chance Biden gets inaugurated.
    I think 50/50 is waaaay to strong.  

Its more like 1 or 2% if that.  Word on the inside is his circle is getting smaller and smaller and people are bailing.  His challenges are coming back to show no merit.  The only one that did was in PA.  His watchers were breathing down the necks of people counting ballots and not social distancing, were made to stand back and the judge basically told the parties to figure it out and they were allowed more watchers (whooptee doo).   There is the late ballots in PA which is a potential case, but that # of votes is reportedly insignificant.  

I dont see enough/any people in government prepared to have our country eat a grenade in order to stroke trump's ego.  If they change the electorate.  USA is over.  

There is no apparent legal path.  Especially now that it is looking like 306 EV for Biden

• Options
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:

Mail in balloting did not make this a clusterfuck.  People not understanding the rules put in place, many times by republican state congress, is what makes uneducated people think it's a clusterfuck.  People believing a liar and letting him manipulate them is what makes this a clusterfuck.

This was a clusterfuck when Trump started talking about election fraud. He did it in 2016, too and the fact that he won kept that calm. But an election turning out like this was his plan in 2016 and it was his plan this past several months. It's a clusterfuck because Trump wanted it to be if he lost, and because his sycophants are all-in. Oh, and the media pretty much just reports what he says.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Can I just point out that Trump already has 20,000 MORE votes in Philadelphia County than he had in 2016? Also, Biden is yet to reach Hilary’s total. I am no mathematician, but I’m pretty sure that once all is said and done his percentages will be better than in 2016 as well, or at the very least marginally worse. 

This is all after talking mad shit on Philly at the first debate and at other points leading up to the election. He should be thrilled with the numbers he’s received here. But instead he chooses Philadelphia as his #1 target for his fraud claims? Good luck with that. We are going to be fine. 

Please Donald, jump on Air Force One and come count each and every vote yourself. I have a couple of killer cheesesteak places we could hit while you’re here. 

Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Options
    Biden
    so fucking hilarious that the fox news desk criticized the philly mayor for his "big boy pants" remark saying it was "unbecoming of a public official to make these remarks at this highly emotional time for everyone". 

REALLY. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,611
    edited November 2020
    MayDay10 said:

This... DeJoy was appointed post master general to rat fuck the USPS in May, 2 months into the pandemic when they KNEW mail in balloting was going to be huge, and mission accomplished, the USPS is a shit show right now... then there's the president's messaging over the last 5 months about mail in balloting being fraudulent etc etc... it's only a cluster fuck because the GOP made it so.

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:

This... DeJoy was appointed post master general to rat fuck the USPS in May, 2 months into the pandemic when they KNEW mail in balloting was going to be huge, and mission accomplished, the USPS is a shit show right now... then there's the president's messaging over the last 5 months about mail in balloting being fraudulent etc etc... it's only a cluster fuck because the GOP made it so.

Wake the fuck up, people.

Exactly.  It was all a master plan to sow chaos and (hopefully) suppress votes.  

Its all self-imposed.  These people dont love this country, they love themselves.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,588
    Biden
    1:20 pm CST... Biden has the lead in all 4 states

Buh bye donny

• Options
    Again, it’s only a clusterfuck because the GOP made it so: 

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1324777462010646529?s=21
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,708
    Biden
    so fucking hilarious that the fox news desk criticized the philly mayor for his "big boy pants" remark saying it was "unbecoming of a public official to make these remarks at this highly emotional time for everyone". 

REALLY. 
    Trump, Fox, Republicans, Trump supporters  can be summed up in one word:   Hypocrisy. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx