Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    So again, how can people vote for a racist, science-hostile party that even now tries to find ways to defend trump

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Fox News is untreated cancer rotting away at the body of this nation from the inside. 

• Options
    I will start again with - Biden is going to win/has won/whatever tense you want to use.   And regardless of what Trump says or does, he will remain Pres until 1/20/21 when Biden is inaugurated.  

That being said, the reason Az could be a concern is because the one place Trump has a legitimate legal argument is PA.  The legislature is given the right to set election law.  By PA law, ballots must be received by Election Day.  The governor, then “approved” by a judge, they extended the receipt date by 3 days.  Can’t do that without legislative approval. So, legally speaking, any ballots received after election day are illegal.   Trump has a better than 50/50 chance of all those ballots being thrown out by LAW.   And if election officials didn’t segregate those ballots, they run the risk of ALL the associated ballots (even technically legal ones) being thrown out.  Now, I wonder how many ballots that is.  That’s never been made clear as opposed to other states, PA has been less transparent about their process.  But I suspect if the bulk were received by Election Day, the governor would have stated that (if he did an I missed it, ok).   So, if the number is not too big, even this may not matter. 

Now, it does not appear such an issue (Legal) exists in any of the other states.  So, even when the inevitably find the miscast ballots (they will, they always do and just bc of the volume of mail ins will be greater), it won’t be in the thousands.   I think WI had like 150 margin change toward Trump in 2016 recount.  Even extrapolating for volume, that wouldn’t be near enough to change anything.

so, in regards to the statement of illegal ballots, Trump is technically correct. So, if you believe in laws, you really need to stop saying there aren’t any.  Now, courts will decide if they are legal, but as it stands today, by PA law, there are some ballots that are illegal (defined as : against the law) being counted in PA. That much is crystal clear. 

And all that may not matter if Biden doesn’t need PA which actually appears to be the case. That’s also why Roberts was smart not to get involved pre-election. He can successfully keep the SC out of it if there’s no impact.  That’s actually a criteria for SC to take a case in the first place.  But if it goes to SC, Trump has a good chance to win because, again, technically speaking according to law, he’s right. But that will only impact PA. The rest he needs ballot level proof for. 
    I feel sorry for you if you really typed that out. But more likely you cut and pasted a interwebbery google search and selectively edited it, thinking you’re on to changing minds. Well, some, maybe, but not enough. Welcome to the HORROR! Boo!
    Again- if it wasn't clear - I don't think any of it matters.  But, there is a potentially legit legal issue there (And only there).  My guess is it doesn't get very far because it winds up not even mattering.   But, I find it funny that people just want to stay ignorant on Facts. I didn't actually say anything controversial.   I actually point to the need to back up their claims of Fraud if they have it (which, again I point out is not signficant),

And, in case it got lost - I was not saying the COUNTING after data is illegal.  It's just narrowly about votes received after Election Day. Which is a clear legal matter. But, again, again - my guess is that's not proportionately significant.   

So, I'm not sure what you're trying to say I'm dredging up here.  What about what I said was wrong? If there is something factual incorrect, please enlighten me.

Now, you can say that law is stupid (i actually think it is - how can you expect something postmarked Election Day and received by Election Day?  Even the most efficient post office wouldn't have the happen?)  But, we have lots of stupid laws nobody ever thinks about until they need to think about them. Should that law be changed? Certainly.  But, you should be frightened if Executive and Judicial Branch can do that without legislative approval.  I think that's been part of the drum beat for the last 4 years, hasn't it?

But, feel free to stay ignorant.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited November 2020
    Better than 50/50 chance by LAW?
    Are you a judge in PA, specializing in their law?

Agreed. I should not have stated that.  I should have said - he has a chance. I have no idea the likelihood.   I was ascribing a higher chance b/c if it mattered, it will end up in the SC where he would seem to have at least a 50/50 chance. IF that occurs what do you think his chances would be?
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,735
    Biden
    I will start again with - Biden is going to win/has won/whatever tense you want to use.   And regardless of what Trump says or does, he will remain Pres until 1/20/21 when Biden is inaugurated.  

That being said, the reason Az could be a concern is because the one place Trump has a legitimate legal argument is PA.  The legislature is given the right to set election law.  By PA law, ballots must be received by Election Day.  The governor, then “approved” by a judge, they extended the receipt date by 3 days.  Can’t do that without legislative approval. So, legally speaking, any ballots received after election day are illegal.   Trump has a better than 50/50 chance of all those ballots being thrown out by LAW.   And if election officials didn’t segregate those ballots, they run the risk of ALL the associated ballots (even technically legal ones) being thrown out.  Now, I wonder how many ballots that is.  That’s never been made clear as opposed to other states, PA has been less transparent about their process.  But I suspect if the bulk were received by Election Day, the governor would have stated that (if he did an I missed it, ok).   So, if the number is not too big, even this may not matter. 

Now, it does not appear such an issue (Legal) exists in any of the other states.  So, even when the inevitably find the miscast ballots (they will, they always do and just bc of the volume of mail ins will be greater), it won’t be in the thousands.   I think WI had like 150 margin change toward Trump in 2016 recount.  Even extrapolating for volume, that wouldn’t be near enough to change anything.

so, in regards to the statement of illegal ballots, Trump is technically correct. So, if you believe in laws, you really need to stop saying there aren’t any.  Now, courts will decide if they are legal, but as it stands today, by PA law, there are some ballots that are illegal (defined as : against the law) being counted in PA. That much is crystal clear. 

And all that may not matter if Biden doesn’t need PA which actually appears to be the case. That’s also why Roberts was smart not to get involved pre-election. He can successfully keep the SC out of it if there’s no impact.  That’s actually a criteria for SC to take a case in the first place.  But if it goes to SC, Trump has a good chance to win because, again, technically speaking according to law, he’s right. But that will only impact PA. The rest he needs ballot level proof for. 
    I feel sorry for you if you really typed that out. But more likely you cut and pasted a interwebbery google search and selectively edited it, thinking you’re on to changing minds. Well, some, maybe, but not enough. Welcome to the HORROR! Boo!
    Again- if it wasn't clear - I don't think any of it matters.  But, there is a potentially legit legal issue there (And only there).  My guess is it doesn't get very far because it winds up not even mattering.   But, I find it funny that people just want to stay ignorant on Facts. I didn't actually say anything controversial.   I actually point to the need to back up their claims of Fraud if they have it (which, again I point out is not signficant),

And, in case it got lost - I was not saying the COUNTING after data is illegal.  It's just narrowly about votes received after Election Day. Which is a clear legal matter. But, again, again - my guess is that's not proportionately significant.   

So, I'm not sure what you're trying to say I'm dredging up here.  What about what I said was wrong? If there is something factual incorrect, please enlighten me.

Now, you can say that law is stupid (i actually think it is - how can you expect something postmarked Election Day and received by Election Day?  Even the most efficient post office wouldn't have the happen?)  But, we have lots of stupid laws nobody ever thinks about until they need to think about them. Should that law be changed? Certainly.  But, you should be frightened if Executive and Judicial Branch can do that without legislative approval.  I think that's been part of the drum beat for the last 4 years, hasn't it?

You're correct.  All indications coming from counties right now is that the number of votes arriving 'late' will be very small.  But the court ruled that it is legal, however isolate them in the event there is another challenge.  Every moment it seems less likely to be an issue.  I'm more concerned about the PA legislature attempting to circumvent the voters and select their own electors.  If it comes down to PA, I'm 100% sure they will try that.  And that...would be bullshit. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,219
    Biden
    i love how several of the people i grew up with that dropped out of high school in 10th grade are all now election law experts. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,735
    Biden
    i love how several of the people i grew up with that dropped out of high school in 10th grade are all now election law experts. 
    "The only way Trump gets to 270 is by losing 50 lbs" - not mine but I thought it was funny.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,725
    Biden
    Better than 50/50 chance by LAW?
    Are you a judge in PA, specializing in their law?

Agreed. I should not have stated that.  I should have said - he has a chance. I have no idea the likelihood.   I was ascribing a higher chance b/c if it mattered, it will end up in the SC where he would seem to have at least a 50/50 chance. IF that occurs what do you think his chances would be?

I fully expect the modern version of The God Squad to do whatever Trump wants on any potential election ruling where they can even claim a remote thread of justification. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,725
    Biden

Are those the same people who know everything there is to FaceBook know about infectious diseases?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Biden
    biden just took the lead in PA!!!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    "The only way Trump gets to 270 is by losing 50 lbs" - not mine but I thought it was funny.
    that is great!! haha

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    Biden
    so what happens when he refuses to participate in a transition?

Sounds willfully dangerous as we are trying to navigate through a pandemic and deep economic issues.... We deserve better.  But monsters going to monster
  • Options
    Biden

Are those the same people who know everything there is to FaceBook know about infectious diseases?
    yes, the same.

• Options
    Biden
    Well done, Pennsylvania!

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    :)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,111
    Biden
    Woo Hoo  Simpsons Wiki  Fandom
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Zero positive, baby. Yea, hypothetically, baby. You come around here ‘bout every fore years, amiaight?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985
    Biden
    biden just took the lead in PA!!!!!
    Yes!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,111
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Got to the voting place at 7:30, felt like i was in line for PJ merchandise. :lol:
    So big lines eh?  You're in the philly suburbs or Erie?

suburbs of philly (eeriepa was the name of a magazine some of my friends did about 15 years ago).
    What are your thoughts on PA going red or blue?

Hoping for Blue. The philly area definitely is central and most of western is red though. It's gonna be close...
    little too close, but we'll take it

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,302
    I'm sitting this one out

• Options
    Biden

• Options
    Biden
    how reputable is decision desk?

• Options
    Biden
    Its all over but the shouting
  • Options
    Biden
    It's all data driven. They are going off the idea that Trump has no realistic chance to catch Biden in PA now. I suspect the networks will follow soon. 

• Options
    Biden
    I dont know.   Nothing of consequence.  

Its a mathematical certainty at this point, and has been for awhile.  The networks (and Biden) are going to be careful not to call it the minute Biden pulls ahead because its bad optics.  Its done though.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Its all over but the shouting

And the shooting.....
  • Options
    Biden
    This is the first moment that I am 100% certain with no anxiety that Biden has won the election.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    I'm sitting this one out
    is there gonna be a live streaming while trump  packing from white house?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    TWO HOURS LEFT OF WORK -- BUT IM OPENING A BEER
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"