Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    Why is that not good?  Did you mean to post that on Reason?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    It's as bad as what Trump said
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, like I said, I dont mind the checks.  A wild swing to unchecked Dem policy would swing the pendulum too far, and it would surely come back (and also result in more violence) IMO.  

I welcome stability.  That is what I most look forward to.  No more wild tweet storms by our president.  Don't have to worry about a dipshit President making an ass out of all of us while at Diplomatic events.  No more Kushner, Don Jr, etc.,  Heads of cabinet and agencys who are actually qualified.  Adherence to science and facts.  The end of the hostile takeover of the Judiciary.  

Dont need full student loan forgiveness, further unchecked AA initiatives, banning Christmas, and everything else.  

Maybe there will be sensible healthcare reform that the Senate will feel pressure to pass through?  
    Checks and balances are definitely important. I don't want my party running amok on general principle, not to mention that if my party can do it, so can the other party.

In theory a Dem president, GOP Senate, and Dem House is a balance I should like. But starting with Obama, Mitch and his Senate have been more than a check. They've been a hindrance motivated completely out of spite, putting the Red Team ahead of their country, breaking courts, leaving piles of potentially bi-partisan actions on Mitch's desk.  It's disappointing that America didn't come out hard and punish the GOP for its behavior. Mitch's Senate has been the most anti-American US Government body in my memory and they're always, always rewarded handsomely for it.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Biden
    MayDay10 said:
    A wild swing to unchecked Dem policy would swing the pendulum too far, 
    Too far in what direction? Lol.  The scary direction of humanity? 

"I need Lindsey Graham in senate to keep stability"

There is urgent need for changes. Seems stability through the years hasn't done that much.
    Too far by the way of packing the Supreme Court, Health Care, Affirmative Action initiatives, Immigration stuff, Student Loan forgiveness, etc.  Some of it I agree with, some of it I dont.  

The Trump group loves to play the victim.  They would draw out immense support.  Probably corral a lot of Biden voters.  We would probably see Domestic Terrorism.  

So in 2 years, we would probably see a completely devastating result in the midterms, leading into a devastating presidential election in 2024 with someone worse than trump who will actually be capable of passing draconian legislature with a very agreeable and far right congress.

Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    No it isn't.  They are not saying that there is cheating adn that the vote counting should stop.  They are making an assessment about where the votes remain and their expected margins in those areas.  I'm confident these are informed statements, not bullshit bluster. 
  • I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Stop it. Lol.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    No it isn't.  They are not saying that there is cheating adn that the vote counting should stop.  They are making an assessment about where the votes remain and their expected margins in those areas.  I'm confident these are informed statements, not bullshit bluster. 
    "We've won the election" is not true and not how either camp should be characterizing the current results publicly
    WI called for Biden
     yep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Haha. Can not stop reading it like he's being tongue in cheek 

“Under the couch cushions, behind the stereo....  So bad!”
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Biden
    WI called for Biden
    cnn still hasn't updated. fox news updated it like 10 minutes ago. i've never understood why cnn.com is so slow to update breaking news items. it's strange. 
    NYT hasn't either...I saw it on twitter.  Apparently the WI Sec of State said that all votes are in.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Biden
    WI called for Biden
    cnn still hasn't updated. fox news updated it like 10 minutes ago. i've never understood why cnn.com is so slow to update breaking news items. it's strange. 
    NYT hasn't either...I saw it on twitter.  Apparently the WI Sec of State said that all votes are in.
    Because it takes time and effort to make real news..fake.  Doi.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    "We've won the election" is not true and not how either camp should be characterizing the current results publicly
    they are basing it on trends, trump is just trying to convince his cult that he's right. and it isn't biden saying it. big difference. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    Biden

I found one tucked inside a laptop I found in the culvert behind my house. The laptop had a 1-800 number for Burisma Holdings tech support on it...
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    WI called for Biden
    i've been noticing this for years. cnn is always lagging behind updating their website every other reputable website i look at. 

www.headstonesband.com

I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    they are basing it on trends, trump is just trying to convince his cult that he's right. and it isn't biden saying it. big difference. 
    Basing it on trends leads to confident statements like his campaign manager made earlier. If one doesn't hold their own camp to the same standards, people are less likely to listen if they're howling about the other side later.
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    WI called for Biden
    i've been noticing this for years. cnn is always lagging behind updating their website every other reputable website i look at. 
    Honestly my guess is that cnn has its own resources and processes for validating information.  I think they're very conservative in calling states.  The AP, Fox and many others called Virginia hours before cnn
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    WI called for Biden
    I think they've become really self conscious about their reputation based on Trump's continued screams of Fake News. They don't want to feed that narrative at all so they hesitant a little longer, which is probably a good approach anyway.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    WI called for Biden
    I think they've become really self conscious about their reputation based on Trump's continued screams of Fake News. They don't want to feed that narrative at all so they hesitant a little longer, which is probably a good approach anyway.
    Yep
    tbergs said:

I found one tucked inside a laptop I found in the culvert behind my house. The laptop had a 1-800 number for Burisma Holdings tech support on it...

Aliens reference

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,432
    I'm sitting this one out
    Nevada is saying 9am Thursday results will be in.
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    WI called for Biden
    Honestly my guess is that cnn has its own resources and processes for validating information.  I think they're very conservative in calling states.  The AP, Fox and many others called Virginia hours before cnn
    well i'm also talking about all news, not just political. 

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden

This is just pathetic.  How anyone could support this is beyond anything I can comprehend.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:

This is just pathetic.  How anyone could support this is beyond anything I can comprehend.
    @RoleModelsinBlood31
    Biden
    funny how only battleground states are corrupt. 

he'll go down as the biggest fucking crybaby in the history of crybabies. and his base think this is a sign of "strength". 

january 20 can't come fast enough. 

www.headstonesband.com

Im happy for the first time this fall.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Biden
    The both sides nonsense is often a stretch but it is particularly pathetic today. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,432
    I'm sitting this one out
    Glad you have a ray of sunshine today ^
    So any legal challenges happen after Dec 1 after votes are certified?
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"