Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    I'm sitting this one out
    honestly. regardless of who wins. i'm done with america. fuck america. i can't believe so many people still support this piece of shit after the last four years. it's unimaginable to most people that don't live in your country. see you in 4 years. at best. 
    I feel exactly like this but unfortunately I live here. Even if it ends up Biden the amount of votes for trump still makes me sick. And you care, you actually care and understand more than most. Almost 50% of us are fucking assholes so you’re justified and permitted your feelings and frustration. If more Americans were like you these conversations wouldn’t even be happening. 
    Calling everyone who doesn't vote with you a fucking asshole is about as Trumpy as it gets
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    How in the hell are there so many people willing to ignore character?

And then be also willing to not recognize that controlling Covid is the key to all the other things you want to do (economy, etc). 

It’s extremely disappointing. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    honestly. regardless of who wins. i'm done with america. fuck america. i can't believe so many people still support this piece of shit after the last four years. it's unimaginable to most people that don't live in your country. see you in 4 years. at best. 
    I feel exactly like this but unfortunately I live here. Even if it ends up Biden the amount of votes for trump still makes me sick. And you care, you actually care and understand more than most. Almost 50% of us are fucking assholes so you’re justified and permitted your feelings and frustration. If more Americans were like you these conversations wouldn’t even be happening. 
    Calling everyone who doesn't vote with you a fucking asshole is about as Trumpy as it gets
    "Starting a war against Nazi Germany is about as Nazi Germany as it gets"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I'm sitting this one out
    Not a fan of votes being counted into Wednesday and Thursday.  You want to mail it in then mail it ten days in advance.  Or drop it off.  This just creates doubt amongst some of the electorate when you have swings after Election Day.
    They already have the ballots in hand. It's just that some states weren't allowed to start counting them until yesterday so it's going to take a couple days. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Not a fan of votes being counted into Wednesday and Thursday.  You want to mail it in then mail it ten days in advance.  Or drop it off.  This just creates doubt amongst some of the electorate when you have swings after Election Day.
    But if that's the law that state has created, it's not a swing, it's reflective of the voters. It's unfortunate that people like Trump sow doubt in a process that was already established long before election day itself. The age of instant gratification at its worst. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    NYT predicts Biden with 290...AZ, NV, WI, MI and PA going for him

so...if Biden has 290 EC and wins pop vote by 4mil votes it will be hard for tRump to cry too much.  He won't have any support to fight it.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    edited November 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    Why are you more worried about "doubts" amongs idiots, than about if every citizens vote gets counted in an election?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Biden

And then be also willing to not recognize that controlling Covid is the key to all the other things you want to do (economy, etc). 

My wife and I had this conversation last night. It makes no sense, but I hear it from some of my employees, and more disappointing, from an admin above me. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    Well the root cause of that problem is that the states own their own election process. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    i haven't met one trump voter, in person or online, that doesn't fit that description. 

i was hesitant about generalizing after he beat hillary. even often scolded people here when they did so. figured people were just tossing their vote in the wishing well. but after this 4 years? sorry, they no longer get the benefit of the doubt. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden

so...if Biden has 290 EC and wins pop vote by 4mil votes it will be hard for tRump to cry too much.  He won't have any support to fight it.
    I don't feel as confident about PA, but it probably won't matter.  Biden is in good position.  When you look at the votes left to count in MI, etc., they should favor him. 
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Biden

It doesn't matter, he WILL bitch and moan all the way to the Supreme Court.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Biden

How the heck is biden going to make up this gap in pennsylvania?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

if he dont get PA,then is 270..that will hurt more trump..lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Biden

if he dont get PA,then is 270..that will hurt more trump..lol
    yep....then it would be 270 to 268....crazy shit

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    i haven't met one trump voter, in person or online, that doesn't fit that description. 

i was hesitant about generalizing after he beat hillary. even often scolded people here when they did so. figured people were just tossing their vote in the wishing well. but after this 4 years? sorry, they no longer get the benefit of the doubt. 
    Do you watch Justified?

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Do you watch Justified?

i don't run into assholes all day. most people i know are good, decent people. i am only talking about one type with one specific trait. and i specifically said trump supporters i know. i don't know many. but all of them share many of the same traits i find despicable in a human. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Do you watch Justified?

Excellent show and best role for Olyphant ever.
  • Biden

They don't see it.  Their FB feed is all pro tRump bullshit.  They don't watch the news or try to educate themselves about issues.

They don't see any of the media that points out the ridiculous and stupid shit he says.  All they know is that tRump is their quarterback and they will do whatever he asks them to do.

I'm sitting this one out
    mcgruff10 said:

How the heck is biden going to make up this gap in pennsylvania?
    Shit ton of early votes that they couldn't start counting until yesterday
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Biden

Because it's America and half of America has show what it's made of: a big, stinking pile of....
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Do you watch Justified?

Really? I need to watch that.  Loved Deadwood.  What service/station is it on?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Biden
    What about Maine?  They split their votes.  Will this come into play if it goes 2-2 or 3-1?  Does Biden need to win this 4-0?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Do you watch Justified?

He was pretty good in the movie Hitman, he was perfect in that role. Btw I like that quote, i have to remember that one.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Biden
    pjl44 said:

I've seen some of that, but I've seen way more of that from the anti-Trump crowd; that if you voted for Trump, you're morally bankrupt, an asshole, a racist, an idiot, etc. That's not to say I haven't seen pushback from Trump-lovers, like "How can you vote for Biden?" But not being called names for it like I've seen from the Trump-haters. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Biden
    Michigan lead just increased for Biden.  
    pjl44 said:

I've seen some of that, but I've seen way more of that from the anti-Trump crowd; that if you voted for Trump, you're morally bankrupt, an asshole, a racist, an idiot, etc. That's not to say I haven't seen pushback from Trump-lovers, like "How can you vote for Biden?" But not being called names for it like I've seen from the Trump-haters. 
    But Biden isn't a big asshole that is impossible to vote for if you are decent human being, and care about others and the planet. 

So I don't see what is odd about it.