Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,422
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    Barrack went at Trump hard today. Made me smile. 

“He’s still worried about his inauguration crowd being smaller than mine. It really bugs him. He’s still talking about that. Does he have nothing better to worry about?” Obama said. “Did no one come to his birthday party as a kid? Was he traumatized?
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,946
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I'm guessing he will be hanging with Joe now and then in the big old White House in DC.  Sure will be nice! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Biden
    "What is his obsession, by the way, with crowd size?" Obama asked about Trump. "This is the one measure he has of success. He's still worrying about his inauguration crowd being smaller than mine."

"Does he have nothing better to worry about? Did no one come to his birthday party as a kid? Was he traumatized?"

Bloomberg reporter Jennifer Epstein said in a tweet that he added, "Is Fox News not giving him enough attention?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-rips-trumps-obsession-crowd-003140536.html

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Biden
    mcgruff10 said:
    "What is his obsession, by the way, with crowd size?" Obama asked about Trump. "This is the one measure he has of success. He's still worrying about his inauguration crowd being smaller than mine."

"Does he have nothing better to worry about? Did no one come to his birthday party as a kid? Was he traumatized?"

Bloomberg reporter Jennifer Epstein said in a tweet that he added, "Is Fox News not giving him enough attention?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-rips-trumps-obsession-crowd-003140536.html

I love that man and miss him terribly 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Biden
    Obama hitting the three is funny.  Cool that he makes it but I think it says something about our current candidates that neither of them could jump, never mind make a jump shot.  
    Too old.  
    Hope the older guy wins but it is so dumb to put up two candidates who are almost dead.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    I'm sitting this one out
    Obama hitting the three is funny.  Cool that he makes it but I think it says something about our current candidates that neither of them could jump, never mind make a jump shot.  
    Too old.  
    Hope the older guy wins but it is so dumb to put up two candidates who are almost dead.
    Seriously. Would it be wrong to have a maximum age? 
  • Options
    Biden
    nicknyr15 said:
    Too old.  
    I agree 100%, there should be a maximum age to run.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Biden
    At this point it doesn't matter and I know many here disagree but I do think it should be capped.  
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Going by signage alone, here in my little corner of Va its 75% trump..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Biden
    I can say the same thing about Biden here in Missouri.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    At this point it doesn't matter and I know many here disagree but I do think it should be capped.  
    Hell yeah. Cap it like Joltin’ Joe!

• Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    If you allow changes like capping the age,

then should at the same time the change be done so that someone born outside of the US could be president?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Too old.  
    I agree 100%, there should be a maximum age to run.
    Yeah it would be wrong. You would have to strike down federal laws that prohibit such discrimination. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    Biden
    Yeah but you're not in a population center,  are you? Richmond is so different than it was when I moved here 2003. The suburbs are all blue now.  Hampton roads,  tidewater,  they've all changed. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah but you're not in a population center,  are you? Richmond is so different than it was when I moved here 2003. The suburbs are all blue now.  Hampton roads,  tidewater,  they've all changed. 

Roanoke..largest population in SW Va I think.. The city always goes blue..the county is always red..the counties all around within a 50 mile radius are where I am seeing more Trump signs than usual
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Roanoke..largest population in SW Va I think.. The city always goes blue..the county is always red..the counties all around within a 50 mile radius are where I am seeing more Trump signs than usual
    There's a 1% chance that VA goes red.  I think Biden wins by 10+.  You live in a different world than where the actual population resides.  
  • Options
    I don't expect it to go red but it was close 4 yrs ago..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    I don't expect it to go red but it was close 4 yrs ago..
    It was, but that was about Clinton and enthusiasm.  I remember seeing the numbers come in and it was clear that she would win, but it was closer than expected.  Right then I knew there was a problem.  But look at the numbers in 17, 18, and 19 and the pattern and growth of blue continues.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    edited November 2020
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden

then should at the same time the change be done so that someone born outside of the US could be president?
    Totally different topic.  Haven't thought much about that, concern is first that these guys are both too old for what I believe is the most demanding job in the US.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Biden

Totally different topic.  Haven't thought much about that, concern is first that these guys are both too old for what I believe is the most demanding job in the US.
    I agree! Being the head football coach at Notre Dame is quite demanding and should not be left to someone who is a cheeseburger short of a heart attack.

Unrelated, I would be willing to buy Donald a nice greasy cheeseburger. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Biden

Let the voters decide that,  not a discriminatory law. 
  • Options
    Biden
    Good trend lines,  but still polling data,  not actual data.  But if accurate,  that would give Biden a substantial popular vote victory.  We won't have 200 million votes. 
  • Options
    Biden

I agree! Being the head football coach at Notre Dame is quite demanding and should not be left to someone who is a cheeseburger short of a heart attack.

Unrelated, I would be willing to buy Donald a nice greasy cheeseburger. 
    Ha!
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I don't trust the voters that is why we have the choices we have.
    I know we disagree and are not changing positions on this one.  
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Any other groups that shouldn't be allowed to run for office?  
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You want to argue about this, I can tell.
    80 year olds (as well as 75 year olds) should not be president.  
    I know you think this makes me an awful person.  I guess I will have to live with that.  
    My feeling is that looking past age as a limiting factor is something best left for tshirts, bumper stickers, and old people.

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You want to argue about this, I can tell.
    80 year olds (as well as 75 year olds) should not be president.  
    I know you think this makes me an awful person.  I guess I will have to live with that.  
    My feeling is that looking past age as a limiting factor is something best left for tshirts, bumper stickers, and old people.

I don't think it makes you awful,  but I think it's arbitrary and discriminatory. Judge and vote for people on their personal merits not their demographic.  There are 46 million Americans that voted for Trump that are not remotely qualified to be president,  particularly compared to Biden, yet they would be eligible.  Makes no sense. 
  • Options
    Biden
    It is ok to discriminate on age when the person is 32 or 34, but not 74 or 97?