Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,658
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    dignin said:
    Is this where Biden ponders injecting bleach?
    No, I think this is the video where Biden brags to a hollywood suck up show host about how he moves on women like female dogs....and how he does whatever he wants because he is famous, and they let him.  Even grabbing them by the Trump.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1322214250413215744.html?s=03

Dem House Leader Profile picture

Dem House Leader

23h, 7 tweets, 3 min read
     Bookmark
     Save as PDF
     My Authors
    Raw footage of mailroom in post office here in Miami Dade. Source revealed “mail in ballots are within these piled up in bins on the floor. Mail has been sitting for over week!.” @AmandiOnAir @PeterSchorschFL @MarcACaputo @GlennaWPLG @CNNPolitics @NewsbySmiley @realDonaldTrump 

Per source -both Post Master and Postal Inspector are aware of this issue at the Princeton post office. Post Master is taking photos and videos of the matter and expect sorting to take them past Tuesday. 

Speaking with a resident within the area and being told some in the area haven’t received their mail from the below mentioned post office in five days. PRINCETON, FL Post Office 13500 SW 250TH ST HOMESTEAD, FL 33032 

Postal police just arrived here at postal office. They have lined up at the entrance into the employee parking lots 
    It speaks for itself. This is a different environment! 

Postal Service OIG spokesperson instructed us to speak with the Postal Service Governmental Affairs department for answers to our questions. 
    We will not be denied a seat at the table! Please join us at our community rally at the Post Office at 12noon today.

We will not beimage

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited October 2020
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m going with “true international pressure”.
    I have no idea if you’re right, but you’re the only one that took a shot, so PM me your address and I will send you something.  I promise it won’t be the jackalope, scary Ronald McDonald or Lambman (though now that I think of it Biden does resemble the latter, but alas, I do not own one, so you’re out of luck). 
    Of all the screw ups that Trump has done with words over the last 4 years why are you focusing so much on this?
    Because like all his supporters they have nothing else to hang their red hats on too! They are just grasping at straws!
    Aren’t you the guy that spent like 12 hours waiting to vote early when there are 13 places in Suffolk county for a million voters rather than wait for Election Day when there will be hundreds (plural) of locations?   Lol.  My little school district alone has 3 on Election Day. I can’t imagine how many Smithtown has.   Lol.  I’m assuming you’re part of the educated group voting Biden. I thank you for making it even easier for me to vote.  I now expect to take 5 minutes instead of the usual 10-15.  
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    Is this where Biden ponders injecting bleach?
    No, I think this is the video where Biden brags to a hollywood suck up show host about how he moves on women like female dogs....and how he does whatever he wants because he is famous, and they let him.  Even grabbing them by the Trump.
    Ohhhh, that Biden gaffe. I love it when Biden goes on one of his locker room rants. Boys will be boys!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    Biden
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have no idea if you’re right, but you’re the only one that took a shot, so PM me your address and I will send you something.  I promise it won’t be the jackalope, scary Ronald McDonald or Lambman (though now that I think of it Biden does resemble the latter, but alas, I do not own one, so you’re out of luck). 
    Of all the screw ups that Trump has done with words over the last 4 years why are you focusing so much on this?
    Because like all his supporters they have nothing else to hang their red hats on too! They are just grasping at straws!
    Aren’t you the guy that spent like 12 hours waiting to vote early when there are 13 places in Suffolk county for a million voters rather than wait for Election Day when there will be hundreds (plural) of locations?   Lol.  My little school district alone has 3 on Election Day. I can’t imagine how many Smithtown has.   Lol.  I’m assuming you’re part of the educated group voting Biden. I thank you for making it even easier for me to vote.  I now expect to take 5 minutes instead of the usual 10-15.  
    Um, if you're still humping Trump's leg then you shouldn't really judge the education level of others. But sure, yuck it up.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    A Trump supporter gleefully mocking a 5 second, out of context, Biden gaffe when you have about 30 of those from Trump on a daily basis during a pandemic that's killed a quarter of a million people in 7 months is peak 2020. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    also, not everyone can afford to stand in line for hours on election day instead of being at work.

if the choice came down to making $30 for groceries i desperately need for my kids, or spending a half day standing in line to vote, i am going to work to make that grocery money for my kids.
    Its free to just drop off a ballot though.
    but getting there is a challenge for many. 
    Where I've lived there's been many drop off boxes. 
    I honestly don't see any room for argument that someone doesn't vote because you can't afford to take a day off or its too hard to get to a voting booth.
    You could have gotten a mail in ballot 4 or 5 weeks ago, you could have mailed it in up until about 3 or 4 days ago in any state, and in some you still can. You had 4 or 5 weeks to find a way to a drop off box. I mean, really, how much easier does it need to get?
    Since you keep asking the same damn question over and over again, let me help.

In Virginia, I requested an absentee ballot sometime in the late spring/early summer. I can't remember exactly when, but it was a long while ago. It took MONTHS for me to receive it, so long that at one point, I attempted to look it up on the tracking website Virginia set up. No record of my request. 

Life got busy. School started. My mom's health further declined. Ballot in the back of my mind "Shit, I gotta take care of the ballot."

Finally, out of the blue, the ballots arrived. Phew. But I'm still busy. Working. Taking care of house. Mom. Exhaustion. Ballots remain in envelope on the counter. "Shit, I gotta take care of the ballot."

Three weeks ago, we finally fill them out, following the directions like it's the radioactive pill I had to take when I had cancer. Witness. Seal the envelope. Put it on the counter. Intend to drop it off because I don't trust the mail. 

I get busy again. Work. Chores. Mom. "Shit, I have to take care of the ballot."

One week ago, on a Monday afternoon at 4:40, I say, ENOUGH. TAKE CARE OF THE DAMN BALLOT. I speed across town and get to the Election Board office to drop it off by 5:00 closing time. 

It is not that hard. And yet it is that hard.

Try walking in some shoes other than your own, mace. Not everyone lives your perfect life. 

My life isn’t perfect. I’m sorry for all that you went through. At any given time you could have mailed it though. You chose not to. That’s up to you. 
    This topic started because of a complaint about not extending the mail in deadline. Not even that, accusations that republicans are stealing the election because the courts ruled that they had to follow election rules. Partly why I may have sounded insensitive, because it’s just BS I keep hearing about how it’s so unfair that people have to follow state election rules when voting. So I said it’s easy enough already, you have weeks to mail it in, why do we need a few extra days? Which brought out a response of “well not everyone had the time or money to take 8 hours to stand in line to vote on November 3.” To which I went over the many methods offered.
    so would extending the mail in deadline have helped you? Not likely since you don’t like to mail it in.
    So what other suggestions do you have to make it easier? I think there’s enough options as is. You already have several choices to vote. I think that’s more than fair.

At the end of the day voting is easy. You can vote from your couch if you want. If you chose not to use the mail then that’s fine, but then don’t complain it’s too difficult when you refuse to use the methods offered to you. 

That’s like me refusing to get a debit card, and then as I write out a check by hand I complain “man, there’s gotta be a more efficient way to do this.”
    Well, it's republicans who seemingly want to do everything they can to make voting harder. Again, what's the big deal with accepting ballots that are postmarked properly and received within the week? Especially during a pandemic. Unless of course you're a Trump supporter who believes we're rounding the corner and there are basically zero deaths.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/minnesota-judges-barrett-absentee-ballots.html
    Nothing is wrong with it if that is what the state law says. But you’re okay with election officials deciding which laws to follow and which ones not to? It’s not about the ballots being mailed on Election Day, it’s about following the state election laws and other people deciding which ones they want to abide by and not. If you have no problem with election officials deciding to ignore state law on election deadlines, then you should be okay next time when the other party decides to just cancel all mail ballots. I’m not okay with either. Follow the law, if you don’t like it then go through the proper channels to have it changed. Don’t just ignore the laws you don’t like. That’s the point.
    What has literally happened is the state laws set the due date long time ago. Election officials said they are going to ignore the state law on election. The court said no you can’t. Now people are crying foul and saying ACB is already working for Trump because the court literally said they have to follow the law and not make up their own rules. It’s ridiculous.
    This has gone in circles with no real explanation as to why you shouldn’t follow the law. First it was well they shouldn’t have to because I don’t want to wait in line. Well you don’t have to wait in line, just drop it off. Then it was well there aren’t enough drop boxes. Okay so mail one in. Well I don’t trust USPS so I can’t. None of which have anything to do with an extended deadline and following election laws. Each state has their own laws. No one should be allowed to pick which ones they want to follow. If you don’t agree with them, go through legislature to change them.
    I don't feel like you read the article on what happened in MN. Seems like the secretary of state was using the authority given by law.

"Thursday’s decision involved yet another dispute over state election law—a dispute that should never have landed in any federal court in the first place. A Minnesota statute requires voters to return mail ballots by Election Day. In May, a voting rights group sued the state to block this rule; it alleged that the deadline is unconstitutional in light of the pandemic, which has placed extraordinary pressure on the state’s vote-by-mail system. Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon chose not to fight the lawsuit. Instead, he entered into a consent decree (essentially a settlement) with the plaintiffs, approved by a state court, that halted enforcement of the Election Day deadline. The Minnesota Legislature has expressly authorized the secretary of state to “adopt alternative election procedures” whenever a law “cannot be implemented as a result” of a court order. Pursuant to that law, Simon extended the ballot deadline by one week and informed every voter that their ballot would be counted so long as it is mailed by Election Day and received by Nov. 10."

That was back in May. Along come some Trumpers in September fearing a loss for their almighty so they fuck up what was already announced months prior. Seems reasonable.

"In September, James Carson and Eric Lucero sued in federal court to restore the Election Day deadline. Carson and Lucero will serve as “electors” for Donald Trump if he carries the state, meaning they will vote for him in the Electoral College. Backed by the Republican Party, they alleged that Simon violated the Constitution’s electors clause, which gives state legislatures power to determine the “manner” in which electors are “appointed.” By altering the ballot deadline, they claimed, Simon had usurped the Legislature’s constitutional prerogative."

But they lost their initial case until it got to a rigged court of appeals applying some questionable opinions.

"By a 2–1 vote, a panel of judges for the 8th Circuit reversed Brasel. The majority consisted of Bobby Shepherd, a George W. Bush nominee, and L. Steven Grasz, a notoriously unqualified Trump nominee. Jane Kelly, Barack Obama’s lone nominee to the court, dissented. Shepherd and Grasz blew past the standing problem, holding that the plaintiffs would suffer “a concrete and particularized injury” if late-arriving ballots were counted because they would create an “inaccurate vote tally.” Shepherd and Grasz then ruled that the secretary of state likely exceeded his powers under state law and infringed on the Legislature’s constitutional rights by changing the deadline. They directed the state to segregate ballots that arrive after Nov. 3, and strongly implied that they will soon declare these “invalid” and order them “removed from vote totals.”

As election law expert and Slate contributor Rick Hasen wrote on Thursday, it is hard to know where to start with this outrageous opinion. Its chief argument is, put simply, a lie: The Supreme Court has never held that a state legislature has sole power over election law. Not once. To the contrary, the Supreme Court has explicitly ruled that other members of a state government can modify voting rules: a governor, for instance, or the people themselves through an initiative or referendum. Shepherd and Grasz’s assertion that a secretary of state (with approval from state courts) cannot exercise this power is flat-out wrong. The judges also overrode the Minnesota courts’ interpretation of Minnesota law, an appalling infringement on state sovereignty. It’s a black letter rule of constitutional law that state courts have final say over the meaning of state law. Shepherd and Grasz have no authority to overturn the Minnesota judiciary’s interpretation of the secretary of state’s powers."

Law and order, sure, unless it doesn't benefit them or they don't like the law. What was that about state's rights?

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    A Trump supporter gleefully mocking a 5 second, out of context, Biden gaffe when you have about 30 of those from Trump on a daily basis during a pandemic that's killed a quarter of a million people in 7 months is peak 2020. 

I don't know what you're talking about. Saying women should love him because he's fixed dishwasher pressure and is getting their husbands back to work is pure political genius. I know my wife loves it when I talk down to her like that. Suburban women will run back to vote for him now, just you watch. He's gonna win woman bigly, numbers like nobody has seen before!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Waited three hours well worth my time there weren’t any polling places in Smithtown we had to go a town over no big deal I’d do it again no problem glad I could help you spend as little time as possible on Tuesday! 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Biden
    Just made a donation to Biden/Harris.   Let s do this!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    So we're at the end now.  How do you guys grade Biden and his campaign? I give him strong grades.  He was good in both debates,  no major gaffes,  stayed focused on a positive message,  didn't get into the mud. The commercials I get here in Virginia are excellent,  particularly one i saw the other night with all the generals supporting him.  

I feel like the campaign did its job.  The money was raised,  I was contacted by Biden,  Warner,  and Spanberger multiple times.  Now it's up to the people. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    I’d say he made a very good case why an undecided or independent like me should vote for him! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,658
    Biden
    He didn't do anything crazy, didn't bust out the pony faced dog boy or whatever the hell that was, again....he never fell asleep during any speaking session....did a good job staying even and playing to all non-mentally deficient voters.
    Nobody was going to win over anyone that supports McDonald.
  • Options
    Biden
    Also....he avoided picking another 120 year old as a running mate, which was great.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    So we're at the end now.  How do you guys grade Biden and his campaign? I give him strong grades.  He was good in both debates,  no major gaffes,  stayed focused on a positive message,  didn't get into the mud. The commercials I get here in Virginia are excellent,  particularly one i saw the other night with all the generals supporting him.  

I feel like the campaign did its job.  The money was raised,  I was contacted by Biden,  Warner,  and Spanberger multiple times.  Now it's up to the people. 
    I don't think it's possible for him to have had a more consistent "on message" campaign. Obviously Trump's handling of Covid has been an enormous gift but there were not a lot of self inflicted (ahem, "deplorable) wounds. The Trump campaign's idiotic idea of lowering Biden's debate expectations really helped quite a bit too. 

Yeah, the commercials up here in PA are really strong. And they are EVERYWHERE...in contrast to Trump's who is nowhere to be found. I know they are short on money, but it really is shocking the way Biden is trouncing Trump in terms of tv ads in the state that is likely to be the tipping point next week. I'd say it's like 7-1 Biden ads right now. Crazy. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I'd give him an A-.  Lost half a grade for not answering Trumps question, "Will you pack the court?"  Now, don't get me wrong, that is a very tough question to answer, but Biden's advisors had to see that coming and should have prepped an answer.  Ignoring a question just looks bad. 

In any case, A- is still a good grade, especially when matched against a guy with what I would call a D-.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Biden
    Oh, and why D- for Trump and not F?  Because "F" means you have to take the class over again and I don't want Trump to take another 4 years of shafting America.  Move him on with a crappy as hell GPA.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    also, not everyone can afford to stand in line for hours on election day instead of being at work.

if the choice came down to making $30 for groceries i desperately need for my kids, or spending a half day standing in line to vote, i am going to work to make that grocery money for my kids.
    Its free to just drop off a ballot though.
    but getting there is a challenge for many. 
    Where I've lived there's been many drop off boxes. 
    I honestly don't see any room for argument that someone doesn't vote because you can't afford to take a day off or its too hard to get to a voting booth.
    You could have gotten a mail in ballot 4 or 5 weeks ago, you could have mailed it in up until about 3 or 4 days ago in any state, and in some you still can. You had 4 or 5 weeks to find a way to a drop off box. I mean, really, how much easier does it need to get?
    Since you keep asking the same damn question over and over again, let me help.

In Virginia, I requested an absentee ballot sometime in the late spring/early summer. I can't remember exactly when, but it was a long while ago. It took MONTHS for me to receive it, so long that at one point, I attempted to look it up on the tracking website Virginia set up. No record of my request. 

Life got busy. School started. My mom's health further declined. Ballot in the back of my mind "Shit, I gotta take care of the ballot."

Finally, out of the blue, the ballots arrived. Phew. But I'm still busy. Working. Taking care of house. Mom. Exhaustion. Ballots remain in envelope on the counter. "Shit, I gotta take care of the ballot."

Three weeks ago, we finally fill them out, following the directions like it's the radioactive pill I had to take when I had cancer. Witness. Seal the envelope. Put it on the counter. Intend to drop it off because I don't trust the mail. 

I get busy again. Work. Chores. Mom. "Shit, I have to take care of the ballot."

One week ago, on a Monday afternoon at 4:40, I say, ENOUGH. TAKE CARE OF THE DAMN BALLOT. I speed across town and get to the Election Board office to drop it off by 5:00 closing time. 

It is not that hard. And yet it is that hard.

Try walking in some shoes other than your own, mace. Not everyone lives your perfect life. 

My life isn’t perfect. I’m sorry for all that you went through. At any given time you could have mailed it though. You chose not to. That’s up to you. 
    This topic started because of a complaint about not extending the mail in deadline. Not even that, accusations that republicans are stealing the election because the courts ruled that they had to follow election rules. Partly why I may have sounded insensitive, because it’s just BS I keep hearing about how it’s so unfair that people have to follow state election rules when voting. So I said it’s easy enough already, you have weeks to mail it in, why do we need a few extra days? Which brought out a response of “well not everyone had the time or money to take 8 hours to stand in line to vote on November 3.” To which I went over the many methods offered.
    so would extending the mail in deadline have helped you? Not likely since you don’t like to mail it in.
    So what other suggestions do you have to make it easier? I think there’s enough options as is. You already have several choices to vote. I think that’s more than fair.

At the end of the day voting is easy. You can vote from your couch if you want. If you chose not to use the mail then that’s fine, but then don’t complain it’s too difficult when you refuse to use the methods offered to you. 

That’s like me refusing to get a debit card, and then as I write out a check by hand I complain “man, there’s gotta be a more efficient way to do this.”
    Well, it's republicans who seemingly want to do everything they can to make voting harder. Again, what's the big deal with accepting ballots that are postmarked properly and received within the week? Especially during a pandemic. Unless of course you're a Trump supporter who believes we're rounding the corner and there are basically zero deaths.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/minnesota-judges-barrett-absentee-ballots.html
    Nothing is wrong with it if that is what the state law says. But you’re okay with election officials deciding which laws to follow and which ones not to? It’s not about the ballots being mailed on Election Day, it’s about following the state election laws and other people deciding which ones they want to abide by and not. If you have no problem with election officials deciding to ignore state law on election deadlines, then you should be okay next time when the other party decides to just cancel all mail ballots. I’m not okay with either. Follow the law, if you don’t like it then go through the proper channels to have it changed. Don’t just ignore the laws you don’t like. That’s the point.
    What has literally happened is the state laws set the due date long time ago. Election officials said they are going to ignore the state law on election. The court said no you can’t. Now people are crying foul and saying ACB is already working for Trump because the court literally said they have to follow the law and not make up their own rules. It’s ridiculous.
    This has gone in circles with no real explanation as to why you shouldn’t follow the law. First it was well they shouldn’t have to because I don’t want to wait in line. Well you don’t have to wait in line, just drop it off. Then it was well there aren’t enough drop boxes. Okay so mail one in. Well I don’t trust USPS so I can’t. None of which have anything to do with an extended deadline and following election laws. Each state has their own laws. No one should be allowed to pick which ones they want to follow. If you don’t agree with them, go through legislature to change them.
    I don't feel like you read the article on what happened in MN. Seems like the secretary of state was using the authority given by law.

"Thursday’s decision involved yet another dispute over state election law—a dispute that should never have landed in any federal court in the first place. A Minnesota statute requires voters to return mail ballots by Election Day. In May, a voting rights group sued the state to block this rule; it alleged that the deadline is unconstitutional in light of the pandemic, which has placed extraordinary pressure on the state’s vote-by-mail system. Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon chose not to fight the lawsuit. Instead, he entered into a consent decree (essentially a settlement) with the plaintiffs, approved by a state court, that halted enforcement of the Election Day deadline. The Minnesota Legislature has expressly authorized the secretary of state to “adopt alternative election procedures” whenever a law “cannot be implemented as a result” of a court order. Pursuant to that law, Simon extended the ballot deadline by one week and informed every voter that their ballot would be counted so long as it is mailed by Election Day and received by Nov. 10."

That was back in May. Along come some Trumpers in September fearing a loss for their almighty so they fuck up what was already announced months prior. Seems reasonable.

"In September, James Carson and Eric Lucero sued in federal court to restore the Election Day deadline. Carson and Lucero will serve as “electors” for Donald Trump if he carries the state, meaning they will vote for him in the Electoral College. Backed by the Republican Party, they alleged that Simon violated the Constitution’s electors clause, which gives state legislatures power to determine the “manner” in which electors are “appointed.” By altering the ballot deadline, they claimed, Simon had usurped the Legislature’s constitutional prerogative."

But they lost their initial case until it got to a rigged court of appeals applying some questionable opinions.

"By a 2–1 vote, a panel of judges for the 8th Circuit reversed Brasel. The majority consisted of Bobby Shepherd, a George W. Bush nominee, and L. Steven Grasz, a notoriously unqualified Trump nominee. Jane Kelly, Barack Obama’s lone nominee to the court, dissented. Shepherd and Grasz blew past the standing problem, holding that the plaintiffs would suffer “a concrete and particularized injury” if late-arriving ballots were counted because they would create an “inaccurate vote tally.” Shepherd and Grasz then ruled that the secretary of state likely exceeded his powers under state law and infringed on the Legislature’s constitutional rights by changing the deadline. They directed the state to segregate ballots that arrive after Nov. 3, and strongly implied that they will soon declare these “invalid” and order them “removed from vote totals.”

As election law expert and Slate contributor Rick Hasen wrote on Thursday, it is hard to know where to start with this outrageous opinion. Its chief argument is, put simply, a lie: The Supreme Court has never held that a state legislature has sole power over election law. Not once. To the contrary, the Supreme Court has explicitly ruled that other members of a state government can modify voting rules: a governor, for instance, or the people themselves through an initiative or referendum. Shepherd and Grasz’s assertion that a secretary of state (with approval from state courts) cannot exercise this power is flat-out wrong. The judges also overrode the Minnesota courts’ interpretation of Minnesota law, an appalling infringement on state sovereignty. It’s a black letter rule of constitutional law that state courts have final say over the meaning of state law. Shepherd and Grasz have no authority to overturn the Minnesota judiciary’s interpretation of the secretary of state’s powers."

Law and order, sure, unless it doesn't benefit them or they don't like the law. What was that about state's rights?

Are you surprised. It’s also worth noting that federal courts typically or traditionally are loathe to insert themselves into a state’s electoral process after a state court has ruled. But you know, voting is super peasy easy everywhere. Like the jeans, no excuses.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    Yeah that's good stuff. I didn't learn a thing about banking and credit cards in high school. Oh, but I took trigonometry. You can imagine how little I've used that. 

Mortgages and insurance should be taught too. As well as how to navigate the health-care system. And assistance programs such as food stamps as well. 
    So, why don’t parents teach their kids something? Schools need to do everything? 

I do think some of this could be a quick add, but we shouldn’t be relying on school to raise our kids.
    Yeah that's good stuff. I didn't learn a thing about banking and credit cards in high school. Oh, but I took trigonometry. You can imagine how little I've used that. 

Mortgages and insurance should be taught too. As well as how to navigate the health-care system. And assistance programs such as food stamps as well. 
    So, why don’t parents teach their kids something? Schools need to do everything? 

I do think some of this could be a quick add, but we shouldn’t be relying on school to raise our kids.
    Well my parents taught me all that stuff. But not everyone has good parents. Or some have good parents that don’t know that stuff themselves. 
    I’m with Ledbetterman10 on this.  Not everyone has good parents.  If we want a functioning society we have to have some baseline education standards that help society not just those who are fortunate.   My parents nor my wife’s knew jack shit about personal finance, we learned the hard way and are now teaching our daughter all the lessons no one taught us.   Having a nice teacher that I respected in middle or high school actually teach and explain that stuff to me would have went a lot farther than being a straight A algebra and Trigonometry student....which has had absolutely zero benefit to me or society.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I have much more respect for Biden than I did going into the primaries.  I think they ran a great campaign considering the circumstances and the opponent.  Although his message wasn’t as progressive as I would like it is definitely a step in the right direction and a far cry from the regressive policies of Trump.  Could he have moved farther left? Maybe but it could have been at the expense of never trump Republican votes.  All in all I think Joe did a good job of taking the high road, reaching out where he could when it aligned with his values, and just showing himself to be a decent human being in general. It also appears to me that he isn’t the kind of guy that will just say fuck you to the people that didn’t vote for him, which if we can judge Trump by his past is exactly what he will do with another term. Hopefully that is the message that most Americans got.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Biden
    static111 said:

Well my parents taught me all that stuff. But not everyone has good parents. Or some have good parents that don’t know that stuff themselves. 
    I’m with Ledbetterman10 on this.  Not everyone has good parents.  If we want a functioning society we have to have some baseline education standards that help society not just those who are fortunate.   My parents nor my wife’s knew jack shit about personal finance, we learned the hard way and are now teaching our daughter all the lessons no one taught us.   Having a nice teacher that I respected in middle or high school actually teach and explain that stuff to me would have went a lot farther than being a straight A algebra and Trigonometry student....which has had absolutely zero benefit to me or society.
    There's nothing wrong with teaching personal finance and I think it's a great thing.  Even if you have involved parents,  that doesn't mean they understand it well. 
  • Options
    Biden
    These fucking dinks down here In Texas are trying to run Kamala Harris and her bus off the road and caused the campaign to cancel an event because of armed Trump
    Supporters Threatening staffers and literally ramming cars on the freeway.

Meanwhile Harris county republicans are trying to throw out 100,000 early votes. Because even though the Secretary of State approved the early voting and it has been known about for months, the best way to steal an election Is trashing the votes after they were counted.  

I’m sure some here will try to both sides this.  Sorry this shit doesn’t happen on both sides
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I don't know about a grade, but I felt better and better about him as a candidate as this process played out. By the time I cast my vote I was excited to do so. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    static111 said:

Totally agree. There used to be a civics class in high school that went over all this stuff. It was before my time but, for the life of me, I cannot imagine why it went away. Fucking trigonometry. 

My parents were not the best with that stuff either. Not the worst, but certainly not the best. I had to figure out a lot of it on my own. No reason why there isn't a civics class anymore. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
     Dinner and some Trump

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Biden
    Bruuuuuuuuce.. one of my favorite songs of all time too.

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"