Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

lol
    I heard the antifa website redirects to Biden's!
    Still does. Even if you don't care about it, it is an interesting tidbit. Lord knows if proudboys.com redirected to Trump's campaign site, it would be a topic of conversation around here. But it's a nothing-burger when it's about Biden. 
    What is interesting about it? Seems like a stupid prank to me. 
    what he's trying to illustrate here is that if a proud boys/confederacy/kkk website directed to the trump campaign website, the left would be up in arms demanding he denounce it. but biden? meh, just a prank. 
    First off, I as bad as antifa's actions are, comparing them to the kkk is asinine. But why would we be up in arms though? We already know those people support him. It would not be as if Trump somehow made those websites redirect to his. It's either a prank or or the group wants it to redirect to the candidate they support. Either way, who cares? It's a fucking website. lol. 

There's a reason nobody cares about this...
    Maybe because its Putin on the ritz's troll farms and if anyone should denounce it, it should be Team Trump Treason telling Putin on the ritz to stay the fuck out of our elections and to knock it off, maybe freeze Russia's online banking for a day to get the message across? But seeing how Team Trump Treason was in phone contact with Roger Dodger Stoned who was in phone contact with Julian Asstrange who was in contact with "I'm liking this guy Guccifer 2.0" Putin on the ritz's intelligence services regarding the leaks of the DNC's and Podesta's emails, that'll never happen.
    lol
    Are you discounting our own intelligence agencies assessments of putin on the ritz's continued interference in our electoral process? Like Team Trump Treason? Or do you welcome it? Odd to find those facts "lol." Kinda like "liking the Guccifer 2.0 guy."
    No. Since we were talking about the Antifa.com/JoeBiden.com link, and you responded to that in particular with Putin and troll farms, that's what I'm discounting. If an intelligence reports comes out confirming that Vladimir Putin bought the url "Antifa.com" off of it's previous owners and linked it to Joe Biden's website, then I'll stop discounting it. 
    And that’s the point, that whether it’s Putin on the ritz or other nefarious actors, it’s a “hack,” a “stunt,” a political “dirty trick,” and by SWJBB publicly denouncing it or drawing attention to it, it gives it more credence and more clicks and more “shares.” Better to ignore it and not give it legs. That was the beauty of 2016, Putin on the ritz and other nefarious actors got “dupes” to do their dirty work for them. Another thing that differentiates 2020 from 2016, more voters are aware of this shit and not falling for this shit like “is this being normalized.”

But social media couldn’t possibly have influenced voters to stay home or one candidate over another.
    Which is what mrussel said, and I agreed. 

Speaking of social media, that shit needs some government regulation, but probably won't as they keep lobbying politicians. You can complain about Putin, but at the same time, it's American tech companies that give him and others like him the platform to interfere. I watched a documentary on Netflix that I'd recommend called "The Social Dilemma" where a lot of former Facebook, Twitter, etc. employees spoke about all the dangers of it all, and political division is big one. Yeah, maybe someone like Putin preferred that Trump win, but even more than that, it's a divide he wants. And right now, we're more politically, socially, economically, and racially divided than I've ever seen in my lifetime. 
    came across that last night when looking for a movie (ended up watching The Old Guard). But I might check out social dilemma tonight. 
    Yeah it’s pretty good. One guy I found interesting was the guy that created the “like” button on Facebook. He thought it was a harmless-enough idea: people would like to know that people like their post. Now a decade later, people are getting depressed and even suicidal for not getting enough likes. 
    it really is amazing how it turned into this dopamine-craving, social status sort of thing. honestly, i assumed it was the result of some mass marketing brainstorm to figure out how to manipulate the public into using their platform. 
    There are bunch of really fragile egos out there that think their social media status is all that they are...sad really.
    i was one of those, to be perfectly honest. when i got my first invite back in the day, I was like "uh, no thanks, this is stupid". but then i checked it out. and i got seriously addicted to it. like, late for work addicted. it got bad. i was on it day and night. finally cut the cord and left realizing how toxic it really was. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,987
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

lol
    Still does. Even if you don't care about it, it is an interesting tidbit. Lord knows if proudboys.com redirected to Trump's campaign site, it would be a topic of conversation around here. But it's a nothing-burger when it's about Biden. 
    what he's trying to illustrate here is that if a proud boys/confederacy/kkk website directed to the trump campaign website, the left would be up in arms demanding he denounce it. but biden? meh, just a prank. 
    First off, I as bad as antifa's actions are, comparing them to the kkk is asinine. But why would we be up in arms though? We already know those people support him. It would not be as if Trump somehow made those websites redirect to his. It's either a prank or or the group wants it to redirect to the candidate they support. Either way, who cares? It's a fucking website. lol. 

Maybe because its Putin on the ritz's troll farms and if anyone should denounce it, it should be Team Trump Treason telling Putin on the ritz to stay the fuck out of our elections and to knock it off, maybe freeze Russia's online banking for a day to get the message across? But seeing how Team Trump Treason was in phone contact with Roger Dodger Stoned who was in phone contact with Julian Asstrange who was in contact with "I'm liking this guy Guccifer 2.0" Putin on the ritz's intelligence services regarding the leaks of the DNC's and Podesta's emails, that'll never happen.
    lol
    Are you discounting our own intelligence agencies assessments of putin on the ritz's continued interference in our electoral process? Like Team Trump Treason? Or do you welcome it? Odd to find those facts "lol." Kinda like "liking the Guccifer 2.0 guy."
    No. Since we were talking about the Antifa.com/JoeBiden.com link, and you responded to that in particular with Putin and troll farms, that's what I'm discounting. If an intelligence reports comes out confirming that Vladimir Putin bought the url "Antifa.com" off of it's previous owners and linked it to Joe Biden's website, then I'll stop discounting it. 
    And that’s the point, that whether it’s Putin on the ritz or other nefarious actors, it’s a “hack,” a “stunt,” a political “dirty trick,” and by SWJBB publicly denouncing it or drawing attention to it, it gives it more credence and more clicks and more “shares.” Better to ignore it and not give it legs. That was the beauty of 2016, Putin on the ritz and other nefarious actors got “dupes” to do their dirty work for them. Another thing that differentiates 2020 from 2016, more voters are aware of this shit and not falling for this shit like “is this being normalized.”

But social media couldn’t possibly have influenced voters to stay home or one candidate over another.

Speaking of social media, that shit needs some government regulation, but probably won't as they keep lobbying politicians. You can complain about Putin, but at the same time, it's American tech companies that give him and others like him the platform to interfere. I watched a documentary on Netflix that I'd recommend called "The Social Dilemma" where a lot of former Facebook, Twitter, etc. employees spoke about all the dangers of it all, and political division is big one. Yeah, maybe someone like Putin preferred that Trump win, but even more than that, it's a divide he wants. And right now, we're more politically, socially, economically, and racially divided than I've ever seen in my lifetime. 
    came across that last night when looking for a movie (ended up watching The Old Guard). But I might check out social dilemma tonight. 
    Yeah it’s pretty good. One guy I found interesting was the guy that created the “like” button on Facebook. He thought it was a harmless-enough idea: people would like to know that people like their post. Now a decade later, people are getting depressed and even suicidal for not getting enough likes. 
    it really is amazing how it turned into this dopamine-craving, social status sort of thing. honestly, i assumed it was the result of some mass marketing brainstorm to figure out how to manipulate the public into using their platform. 
    There are bunch of really fragile egos out there that think their social media status is all that they are...sad really.
    i was one of those, to be perfectly honest. when i got my first invite back in the day, I was like "uh, no thanks, this is stupid". but then i checked it out. and i got seriously addicted to it. like, late for work addicted. it got bad. i was on it day and night. finally cut the cord and left realizing how toxic it really was. 
    Facebook is a cesspool.  

Tiktok is pretty addictive.  Some entertaining stuff on there.  

Twitter is my source for news.  I like that you can follow reporters, etc.  I am anonymous on Twitter which I like.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

lol

lol

Facebook is a cesspool.  

Tiktok is pretty addictive.  Some entertaining stuff on there.  

Twitter is my source for news.  I like that you can follow reporters, etc.  I am anonymous on Twitter which I like.  
    i quit twitter at the same time. i found it just as toxic as facebook, at least politically. i couldn't take it anymore. instagram is the only one i'm on. the only reason i'm on social media at all is for music news. so instagram is good enough. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2020
    PJPOWER said:

lol

lol

Good for you!  It really is a toxic environment.  I still have an account for news updates, but never post on it.  
    To me, the most cringeworthy thing I see is people posting pics of their young children on social media.  I have been to too many child trafficking risk trainings to even consider posting public images of my child.  
    Not only is the Facebook “like” game extremely mentally toxic for some, but it is actually pretty dangerous in a lot of other ways that most don’t realize.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Biden
    I envy people that have never set up a facebook account.  It's funny how it started off so innocently.  It was a great way to reconnect with old high school friends and distant family, etc.

I have "unfollowed" one of my cousins for bombarding the feed with beachbody shit.  I might have to block my uncle because he is a massive tRumpster that has started posting on my stuff (I don't tend to post....I'll change my cover photo to an anti-trump thing every once in awhile).

I had a PJ connection to an old high school friend from Chicago that got destroyed once he deleted his account.  FB was the only way we connected and now I have no way to get ahold of him.  I ran into him in the GA area at Wrigley in 2018 but I was moving through with a crowd, the place was packed so I couldn't stop to talk.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    You envy me, Gern, you really envy me =)

Never has any desire for any social media platform. And that’s what it is, for most: A “show me attention for any reason” way to get that spotlight on them. The old “even bad PR is good PR” thing - doesn’t matter how or why they look at you, just that they look at you. 

Not to mention all the ignorance floating around...

Just something I’ve never had a desire to participate in. Could be because I’m not fond of most people ;)
  • Options
    Biden
    hedonist said:

Never has any desire for any social media platform. And that’s what it is, for most: A “show me attention for any reason” way to get that spotlight on them. The old “even bad PR is good PR” thing - doesn’t matter how or why they look at you, just that they look at you. 

Just something I’ve never had a desire to participate in. Could be because I’m not fond of most people ;)
    I whittled down my FB feed by unfollowing almost everyone.  My feed is mostly news.  There are certain friends or family that I will check in on every once in awhile to see what they are posting.  It is amazing how some people still post multiple times a day.  Every fucking aspect of their life, stupid memes, etc.  

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    hedonist said:

I whittled down my FB feed by unfollowing almost everyone.  My feed is mostly news.  There are certain friends or family that I will check in on every once in awhile to see what they are posting.  It is amazing how some people still post multiple times a day.  Every fucking aspect of their life, stupid memes, etc.  
    i found just before i quit that most of my facebook feed was just ads and "suggested posts". most of my friends rarely posted, but there are a few that do as you describe, for sure. almost like it's going the same way as myspace. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    I think Facebook, like the internet in general, and the world as a whole, is what you make of it. My feed is mostly just sports and music stuff. Most of my Facebook friends are unfollowed, not because of any animosity towards them, but because I just have no interest in what they post. But if you want Facebook to be arguments and posts from people you don't even like, it can be (I don't know why anyone would want that, but people seem to). But overall, it's a good thing for keeping in contact with people I would've otherwise lost all contact with. For instance, when I post that I'm going to a Pearl Jam concert, my girlfriend from high school will comment something like "STILL with Pearl Jam!? lol" It's not much, but without Facebook, she'd probably just be a memory. So it's nice to keep in contact like that...even if it's just a comment here and there. 

But I'm sure it's a different story for high-schoolers. Kids that are bullied may be bullied 24/7. What if the hot girl in your class accepts your friends' friend-requests, but not yours? That could be devastating for a high schooler. And what if you don't have much going on outside of Facebook and have to see posts of pictures of classmates having fun together? That could be depressing. I didn't get the internet until I was 16, and didn't have Facebook until I was like 22. And thank god. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    hedonist said:

i found just before i quit that most of my facebook feed was just ads and "suggested posts". most of my friends rarely posted, but there are a few that do as you describe, for sure. almost like it's going the same way as myspace. 
    Young people aren't using it....they are using snapchat (which I have no fucking idea how to use), IG and tiktok

• Options
    Biden
    I think Facebook, like the internet in general, and the world as a whole, is what you make of it. My feed is mostly just sports and music stuff. Most of my Facebook friends are unfollowed, not because of any animosity towards them, but because I just have no interest in what they post. But if you want Facebook to be arguments and posts from people you don't even like, it can be (I don't know why anyone would want that, but people seem to). But overall, it's a good thing for keeping in contact with people I would've otherwise lost all contact with. For instance, when I post that I'm going to a Pearl Jam concert, my girlfriend from high school will comment something like "STILL with Pearl Jam!? lol" It's not much, but without Facebook, she'd probably just be a memory. So it's nice to keep in contact like that...even if it's just a comment here and there. 

But I'm sure it's a different story for high-schoolers. Kids that are bullied may be bullied 24/7. What if the hot girl in your class accepts your friends' friend-requests, but not yours? That could be devastating for a high schooler. And what if you don't have much going on outside of Facebook and have to see posts of pictures of classmates having fun together? That could be depressing. I didn't get the internet until I was 16, and didn't have Facebook until I was like 22. And thank god. 
    yeah I can't imagine having FB when I was in high school.  You either sent someone a note or had to do the ultimate and pick up a landline and call them.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden
    I only use FB in a private group dedicated to some PJ stuff.  Nothing political or unrelated to the topic at hand is allowed. No one has tried to post anything like to my memory, but I would delete it immediately.  I have no other use for it.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    mrussel1 said:
    I only use FB in a private group dedicated to some PJ stuff.  Nothing political or unrelated to the topic at hand is allowed. No one has tried to post anything like to my memory, but I would delete it immediately.  I have no other use for it.  
    And we appreciate your work!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Biden

The fact that Trump has shared doctored versions of this video multiple times is barely mentioned. At least twitter flagged it. 

Can't wait to have a normal president again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    hedonist said:

Young people aren't using it....they are using snapchat (which I have no fucking idea how to use), IG and tiktok
    i know. but i'm in my mid 40's. it seems either i had unfollowed all my friends or they just don't post anymore. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden

yeah, i monitor my daughter's IG and snapchat as closely as I can. i worry about it. I didn't have internet until my mid 20's and facebook not until my early 30's i think it was. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    I agree with ledbetter in that it is a good way to keep in touch with people you normally would never have interacted with in decades....other than that it's a fucking cesspool. I usually end up regretting most of the stuff I "like" or post. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,947
    Biden
    hedonist said:

I had a MySpace account way back when because I was working with a band and we used it for promotion. When everyone started moving to Facebook, I just didn't have the desire. So, I have never been on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I was considering getting an Instagram account because I love photography, and no one uses Flickr anymore (which I do have an account for). But I am not sure I want to get sucked into it at this point. I have held off for so long. I guess you could count the 10C forums as social media.
  • Options
    Biden
    PJNB said:
    mrussel1 said:
    And we appreciate your work!
    It's mutual my friend. 
  • Options
    Biden
    I agree with ledbetter in that it is a good way to keep in touch with people you normally would never have interacted with in decades....other than that it's a fucking cesspool. I usually end up regretting most of the stuff I "like" or post. 
    that's what i got addicted to. finding all the people i'd lost touch with and checking out their pages to see what they'd been up to since high school. after that was over, there was no draw for me anymore. i stayed on it just to keep in the loop, but eventually the toxicity outweighed the need/want to be in the loop. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden
    that's what i got addicted to. finding all the people i'd lost touch with and checking out their pages to see what they'd been up to since high school. after that was over, there was no draw for me anymore. i stayed on it just to keep in the loop, but eventually the toxicity outweighed the need/want to be in the loop. 
    Yeah. I definitely feel better mentally when taking a few days in a row off of it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    That's why I didn't make any friends in high school, I didn't want to be addicted to FB 20 years later.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    That's why I didn't make any friends in high school, I didn't want to be addicted to FB 20 years later.
    I do get great delight in seeing the hot cheerleaders and jocks that turned into not so hot adults.  

A guy I went to high school with became a cop in my old hometown.  He was just sentenced to 14 years in prison for sexually abusing his adopted daughter.

• Options
    Biden

The fact that Trump has shared doctored versions of this video multiple times is barely mentioned. At least twitter flagged it. 

Can't wait to have a normal president again. 
    It's just a meme if anyone else posts Biden dancing to "fuck the police" in this video. But coming from the sitting president, it's considered doctored. Understandably. People are so dumb that they might actually believe Biden was really listening to "fuck the police."

As for Biden though, talk about pathetic pandering. Does his campaign actually believe that this sort of thing could (or should) win over Hispanic voters? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    I do get great delight in seeing the hot cheerleaders and jocks that turned into not so hot adults.  

A guy I went to high school with became a cop in my old hometown.  He was just sentenced to 14 years in prison for sexually abusing his adopted daughter.
    It is funny to see people who peaked at 18. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited September 2020
    Biden
    Another disturbing social-media trend I see is mothers posting pictures of their daughters who take dance classes. My cousin's wife posts pictures of their 12-year-old daughter (my second cousin) in her dance outfits. They're somewhat revealing pictures and I fucking hate it. The pictures aren't very revealing by adult standards. But still, you can see her midriff and sometimes she's in a sports-bra. For a 12-year-old, that's way too much I think. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    I hadn't seen the new version of the Bidel video. It is kind of funny. Its funny with someone random doing it, Trump should stay away from those things and not retweet. But of course he does.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    I hadn't seen the new version of the Bidel video. It is kind of funny. Its funny with someone random doing it, Trump should stay away from those things and not retweet. But of course he does.
    Remember the dumbasses that thought that upon being sworn-in, he'd become "presidential"? There was never a chance of that. Not with him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: