Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    Assuming Biden wins, I don't see him running for reelection in 4 years. I do think you will see a lot more focus on Harris, or whoever they hope to put on the ticket, than Biden for the second half of the term. Wouldn't really even be surprised if he resigns after 3 years so she can run as the incumbent for reelection. I'm not convinced that is the plan going in right now, just won't be surprised if that happens one bit. 
    The problem with that though is Harris’ electability. Remember she had such little support in the primary that she dropped out before Iowa. Being VP will obviously raise her profile. But will she become popular with the left over the next four years? The only reason this ticket is probably going to win is because Trump is an awful incumbent. It won’t be as easy in 2024. 
    I think you are forgetting if Biden wins, he controls the executive branch. Everything trump has swept under the rug comes out. If there are any serious financial ties from the kremlin to trumps pocket, it’s coming out. If trump did anything to undermine our democracy in favor of Putin, it’s coming out. Not from the fake media but in black and white, the actual documents. Did you read what former Trump DNI Dan Coats said about Trump / Russia in the Woodward book? And that’s from a lifelong conservative 

You are also forgetting about covid. If Biden puts together a cohesive strategy with masks and six feet and we get the R rate  very low and we can go back to bitching about how little PJ tours and how difficult it is to get good tickets, even without a vaccine, that will be a strong narrative to defeat republicans in the future. Sometimes regulations are not a dirty word. Sometimes they actually save lives.
    And you're forgetting that a lot of getting elected involves likeability and popularity, and in this scenario where Biden serves one-term and Harris runs in 2024, she has a long way to go in those regards. Likeability goes a lot further than policy it seems. Look at Bush's elections. Or even Trump's (unlikeable as he is) versus Hillary. 

As for your first paragraph, yeah, that'd be good if justice is served regarding Trump and everything you laid out, but I don't think people will be so grateful for that that Harris could waltz her way to the presidency in 2024. And even if Biden saves us all from Covid with his regulations and becomes very popular for it, Harris herself would still not be a shoo-in in 2024. So she'd have served under a popular president. Well so did Al Gore and Hillary. And they served under presidents that (presumably, to me) were more popular than Biden will be. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    So should we change the poll to Harris vs Trump?
    That wouldn't make a difference here, but if the election was really Harris vs. Trump, the polls may be very different. So those two should watch what they say. Biden mixing up the order of the names on the ticket is just Biden being Biden. But Harris saying the words "A Harris administration" comes off like a Freudian slip.  
    lol nothing burger if this is something to be concerned about we are doomed specially after all the crap Covidiot has said done on&on!
    It's hilarious how defensive some of you guys get.
    lol keep bringing up nothing burgers , will keep on dismissing them at least bring something with some meat on it enjoy looking for them! 
    lol
    I heard the antifa website redirects to Biden's!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    So anyway...stuff that matters: Trump has a TON of work to do to get ready for these debates. 

I am not sure he could've looked worse last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited September 2020
    Biden

lol
    Still does. Even if you don't care about it, it is an interesting tidbit. Lord knows if proudboys.com redirected to Trump's campaign site, it would be a topic of conversation around here. But it's a nothing-burger when it's about Biden. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    So anyway...stuff that matters: Trump has a TON of work to do to get ready for these debates. 

I am not sure he could've looked worse last night. 
    Incompetent comes to mind! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,845
    Biden

lol
    Still does. Even if you don't care about it, it is an interesting tidbit. Lord knows if proudboys.com redirected to Trump's campaign site, it would be a topic of conversation around here. But it's a nothing-burger when it's about Biden. 
    true
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Assuming Biden wins, I don't see him running for reelection in 4 years. I do think you will see a lot more focus on Harris, or whoever they hope to put on the ticket, than Biden for the second half of the term. Wouldn't really even be surprised if he resigns after 3 years so she can run as the incumbent for reelection. I'm not convinced that is the plan going in right now, just won't be surprised if that happens one bit. 
    The problem with that though is Harris’ electability. Remember she had such little support in the primary that she dropped out before Iowa. Being VP will obviously raise her profile. But will she become popular with the left over the next four years? The only reason this ticket is probably going to win is because Trump is an awful incumbent. It won’t be as easy in 2024. 
    it will be if another trump is on the ticket. and any other established republican has already shown they are traitors. it would have to be an unknown, and extremely dynamic. 
    I don't think there will ever be another Trump. He's his own thing. There might be another "asshole that cozies up to foreign agitators" type of candidate someday, but it takes more than just that to be Trump. They'd have to be egomaniacal yet insecure, shameless (Trump's "greatest" "strength" in some ways), and a sociopath. 
    i meant another trump literally. don jr, ivanka, etc. 
    Oh I see. I don’t think either of them would make it through the primary. No charisma. Donald was at least an entertainer for most his life, so that sorta made up for all his shortcomings. And I don’t think “owning the libs” is still gonna be very viable in four years...and that’s all Don Jr. knows. It’d be entertaining to watch him flame out in a primary though. 
    If Biden wins, I think the Trumps might be done in DC.  But If Trump wins, I really foresee both Junior and Ivanka becoming president.  Junior is just like his father.  A stupid rich kid who thinks he accomplished something, has a victim complex, trolls on Twitter, and owns the libs.  Ivanka's just as bad (i.e., in it for the family money) but is less blusterous, so maybe she doesn't make it.  In his second term, Donald Trump will be the most powerful person in the history of the United States. By the time the term is over, the Trumps should be permanently in place as America's First Family.

If Trump loses, the GQP is likely to find someone else to own the libs.  Probably another Trump minus the narcissism.  But owning the libs is all the GQP is now.  And given the state of the Web, social media, and conspiracy theories, I don't see that changing.  They're not nominating Romney or someone ever again.
    i could see junior rallying the trumpsters, but not invanka. she's an emotionless cyborg. she'd be a good candidate as a world dictator in the year 2362, only seen from the neck up on 100 foot screens shown to the enslaved masses. 
    C'mon now, you must have meant chest up. Seems to be why so many find her appealing at all. And let's face it, current Trump supporters would vote for her just because of how she looks.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

lol
    The difference is that Covidiot does align himself with racist Americans! Biden has already renounced any violence or violent groups...
  • Options
    Biden

lol
    The difference is that Covidiot does align himself with racist Americans! Biden has already renounced any violence or violent groups...
    His campaign should do a cease-and-desist against whoever is causing that website to link to his. By knowing about it (obviously his campaing knows that link is active) and not doing anything, they're sort of "winking" at those far left-loons the same way Trump "winks" (he sometimes more than winks) at the far-right loons. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    edited September 2020

lol
    His campaign should do a cease-and-desist against whoever is causing that website to link to his. By knowing about it (obviously his campaing knows that link is active) and not doing anything, they're sort of "winking" at those far left-loons the same way Trump "winks" (he sometimes more than winks) at the far-right loons. 
    lol i guess I can agree with that,but I’m not sure the Biden team definitely is aware..
    Post edited by josevolution on
  • Options
    Biden

lol
    What is interesting about it? Seems like a stupid prank to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    edited September 2020
    Biden

lol
    lol ok I guess your in the know crowd..
    What does this even mean? Are you saying there's no way for me to know that someone in the Biden campaign knows that link is active? Is that what you're suggesting? Because if they don't know, then they're complete morons. But they're not morons, they're just ignoring it. Hell, there's a USA Today article about it. So you, me, and USA Today readers that read the article know, but nobody in the campaign knows? lol. "Come on, man."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/02/fact-check-antifa-com-redirects-joe-biden-site-hes-not-involved/3455297001/

And yes, when you click the link, it says Biden is not involved. I believe that. I doubt he's calling up some antifa.com webmaster and asking for their site to link to his. But he (his campaign, because he's helpeless) is being complicit by allowing it to stay up for months. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden

lol
    what he's trying to illustrate here is that if a proud boys/confederacy/kkk website directed to the trump campaign website, the left would be up in arms demanding he denounce it. but biden? meh, just a prank. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden

lol
    what he's trying to illustrate here is that if a proud boys/confederacy/kkk website directed to the trump campaign website, the left would be up in arms demanding he denounce it. but biden? meh, just a prank. 
    First off, I as bad as antifa's actions are, comparing them to the kkk is asinine. But why would we be up in arms though? We already know those people support him. It would not be as if Trump somehow made those websites redirect to his. It's either a prank or or the group wants it to redirect to the candidate they support. Either way, who cares? It's a fucking website. lol. 

There's a reason nobody cares about this...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Biden

lol
    What does this even mean? Are you saying there's no way for me to know that someone in the Biden campaign knows that link is active? Is that what you're suggesting? Because if they don't know, then they're complete morons. But they're not morons, they're just ignoring it. Hell, there's a USA Today article about it. So you, me, and USA Today readers that read the article know, but nobody in the campaign knows? lol. "Come on, man."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/02/fact-check-antifa-com-redirects-joe-biden-site-hes-not-involved/3455297001/

And yes, when you click the link, it says Biden is not involved. I believe that. I doubt he's calling up some antifa.com webmaster and asking for their site to link to his. But he (his campaign, because he's helpeless) is being complicit by allowing it to stay up for months. 
    Filing a lawsuit (a C&D would only be temporary injunction) would only draw more attention and specifically mainstream news attention to the issue.  It's just a prank and there's no reason to give it more legs than it has (which is hardly any).  
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

lol

Filing a lawsuit (a C&D would only be temporary injunction) would only draw more attention and specifically mainstream news attention to the issue.  It's just a prank and there's no reason to give it more legs than it has (which is hardly any).  
    Well that's reasonable enough. Though I doubt the mainstream media would even cover it besides Fox News. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

lol
    First off, I as bad as antifa's actions are, comparing them to the kkk is asinine. But why would we be up in arms though? We already know those people support him. It would not be as if Trump somehow made those websites redirect to his. It's either a prank or or the group wants it to redirect to the candidate they support. Either way, who cares? It's a fucking website. lol. 

Maybe because its Putin on the ritz's troll farms and if anyone should denounce it, it should be Team Trump Treason telling Putin on the ritz to stay the fuck out of our elections and to knock it off, maybe freeze Russia's online banking for a day to get the message across? But seeing how Team Trump Treason was in phone contact with Roger Dodger Stoned who was in phone contact with Julian Asstrange who was in contact with "I'm liking this guy Guccifer 2.0" Putin on the ritz's intelligence services regarding the leaks of the DNC's and Podesta's emails, that'll never happen.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden

lol

Maybe because its Putin on the ritz's troll farms and if anyone should denounce it, it should be Team Trump Treason telling Putin on the ritz to stay the fuck out of our elections and to knock it off, maybe freeze Russia's online banking for a day to get the message across? But seeing how Team Trump Treason was in phone contact with Roger Dodger Stoned who was in phone contact with Julian Asstrange who was in contact with "I'm liking this guy Guccifer 2.0" Putin on the ritz's intelligence services regarding the leaks of the DNC's and Podesta's emails, that'll never happen.
    lol

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

lol

lol
    Are you discounting our own intelligence agencies assessments of putin on the ritz's continued interference in our electoral process? Like Team Trump Treason? Or do you welcome it? Odd to find those facts "lol." Kinda like "liking the Guccifer 2.0 guy."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden

lol

lol
    Are you discounting our own intelligence agencies assessments of putin on the ritz's continued interference in our electoral process? Like Team Trump Treason? Or do you welcome it? Odd to find those facts "lol." Kinda like "liking the Guccifer 2.0 guy."
    No. Since we were talking about the Antifa.com/JoeBiden.com link, and you responded to that in particular with Putin and troll farms, that's what I'm discounting. If an intelligence reports comes out confirming that Vladimir Putin bought the url "Antifa.com" off of it's previous owners and linked it to Joe Biden's website, then I'll stop discounting it. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

lol

lol
    No. Since we were talking about the Antifa.com/JoeBiden.com link, and you responded to that in particular with Putin and troll farms, that's what I'm discounting. If an intelligence reports comes out confirming that Vladimir Putin bought the url "Antifa.com" off of it's previous owners and linked it to Joe Biden's website, then I'll stop discounting it. 
    And that’s the point, that whether it’s Putin on the ritz or other nefarious actors, it’s a “hack,” a “stunt,” a political “dirty trick,” and by SWJBB publicly denouncing it or drawing attention to it, it gives it more credence and more clicks and more “shares.” Better to ignore it and not give it legs. That was the beauty of 2016, Putin on the ritz and other nefarious actors got “dupes” to do their dirty work for them. Another thing that differentiates 2020 from 2016, more voters are aware of this shit and not falling for this shit like “is this being normalized.”

But social media couldn’t possibly have influenced voters to stay home or one candidate over another.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

lol

I thought I had responded by agreeing with you my bad yes I’d be moronic for the Biden campaign not to know it would make them look like fools!

• Options

lol

lol
    And you realize that in 2016 putin on the ritz and his troll farms did buy domain names, existing and to create them, paying in bitcoin and with credit cards, sometimes through US citizens, right? Plus, ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIFA needed funding for their airline flights so why not "rent" out the domain name for a few months?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden

lol

lol
    And that’s the point, that whether it’s Putin on the ritz or other nefarious actors, it’s a “hack,” a “stunt,” a political “dirty trick,” and by SWJBB publicly denouncing it or drawing attention to it, it gives it more credence and more clicks and more “shares.” Better to ignore it and not give it legs. That was the beauty of 2016, Putin on the ritz and other nefarious actors got “dupes” to do their dirty work for them. Another thing that differentiates 2020 from 2016, more voters are aware of this shit and not falling for this shit like “is this being normalized.”

But social media couldn’t possibly have influenced voters to stay home or one candidate over another.
    Which is what mrussel said, and I agreed. 

Speaking of social media, that shit needs some government regulation, but probably won't as they keep lobbying politicians. You can complain about Putin, but at the same time, it's American tech companies that give him and others like him the platform to interfere. I watched a documentary on Netflix that I'd recommend called "The Social Dilemma" where a lot of former Facebook, Twitter, etc. employees spoke about all the dangers of it all, and political division is big one. Yeah, maybe someone like Putin preferred that Trump win, but even more than that, it's a divide he wants. And right now, we're more politically, socially, economically, and racially divided than I've ever seen in my lifetime. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden

lol

just because I used them as an example does not mean I think they are equal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

lol

lol

Speaking of social media, that shit needs some government regulation, but probably won't as they keep lobbying politicians. You can complain about Putin, but at the same time, it's American tech companies that give him and others like him the platform to interfere. I watched a documentary on Netflix that I'd recommend called "The Social Dilemma" where a lot of former Facebook, Twitter, etc. employees spoke about all the dangers of it all, and political division is big one. Yeah, maybe someone like Putin preferred that Trump win, but even more than that, it's a divide he wants. And right now, we're more politically, socially, economically, and racially divided than I've ever seen in my lifetime. 
    That's a whole other thread and I don't disagree. I've thought about this facet often but I struggle with, "what would regulation look like, how would it work, be enforced, etc." As for the left/right aspect to it, go out and start you're own damn tech company, platform, etc. The amount of personal information harvested is too valuable to place restrictions on the tech companies and then there's the whole free speech issue. I don't know the answer but its an easy way to cause mayhem for pennies on the tens of thousands of dollars. Putin on the ritz is laughing his ass off at how he's weakened the US to such a degree without firing a shot.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden

lol

lol

came across that last night when looking for a movie (ended up watching The Old Guard). But I might check out social dilemma tonight. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Biden

lol

lol

came across that last night when looking for a movie (ended up watching The Old Guard). But I might check out social dilemma tonight. 
    Yeah it’s pretty good. One guy I found interesting was the guy that created the “like” button on Facebook. He thought it was a harmless-enough idea: people would like to know that people like their post. Now a decade later, people are getting depressed and even suicidal for not getting enough likes. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden

lol

lol

Yeah it’s pretty good. One guy I found interesting was the guy that created the “like” button on Facebook. He thought it was a harmless-enough idea: people would like to know that people like their post. Now a decade later, people are getting depressed and even suicidal for not getting enough likes. 
    it really is amazing how it turned into this dopamine-craving, social status sort of thing. honestly, i assumed it was the result of some mass marketing brainstorm to figure out how to manipulate the public into using their platform. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

lol

lol

it really is amazing how it turned into this dopamine-craving, social status sort of thing. honestly, i assumed it was the result of some mass marketing brainstorm to figure out how to manipulate the public into using their platform. 
    There are bunch of really fragile egos out there that think their social media status is all that they are...sad really.