Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I only watched highlights of both townhalls. At least according to the highlights of about 3 questions each, Biden was asked much easier questions than Trump. Trump was almost like "gotcha" questions from undecided voters where Biden was given softballs to knock out.
    That's just what I gathered from watching the highlight reel, not sure if that represents the entire evening or not.
    I don't understand the "softball" stuff.  Of course they aren't going to ask Biden about caging children, hiding COVID19 from the public, etc., because he hasn't done any of that.
    Well they very well could have asked him about caged children. Isn't it common knowledge at this point that some of those photos that circulated about how bad conditions were with kids in cages were actually taken during Obama's term? So yes, that could have been a fair question to ask and allow him to defend or explain. Trump did have a stricter policy that lead to more children being detained, I'm not saying he didn't, but sure since it was such a big issue it would be a fair question. No reason not to ask him about other big topics, like him being against the China travel ban in January, which he has since denied being against. So if they were being treated equally the moderator would have quotes ready to interrupt and counter his answer with.
    I'm not saying that's how it should have been handled. I actually don't like that, let the person finish then have a moment for a rebuttal. I was just pointing out the differences I saw based on brief highlights of the 2 and even added I'm not sure if those highlights are a fair representation of the evenings.
    No they couldn't....Obama/Biden didn't participate in separation of families, massive overcrowding of facilities.  Get out of your bubble.
    I never claimed he separated families. You brought up cages and children. I said some of the pictures that circulated that sparked the outrage of the treatment of children in custody came from during the Obama administration. No one called those pictures cages or complained aboutte conditions until later. Why is it inapparpraite to let Biden answer that question? You said you can't ask Biden about caged children, I asked why not, they were in chain link fences (cages) during his term, so why is it not a fair question? I never said anything about separating families. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I only watched highlights of both townhalls. At least according to the highlights of about 3 questions each, Biden was asked much easier questions than Trump. Trump was almost like "gotcha" questions from undecided voters where Biden was given softballs to knock out.
    That's just what I gathered from watching the highlight reel, not sure if that represents the entire evening or not.
    I don't understand the "softball" stuff.  Of course they aren't going to ask Biden about caging children, hiding COVID19 from the public, etc., because he hasn't done any of that.
    Well they very well could have asked him about caged children. Isn't it common knowledge at this point that some of those photos that circulated about how bad conditions were with kids in cages were actually taken during Obama's term? So yes, that could have been a fair question to ask and allow him to defend or explain. Trump did have a stricter policy that lead to more children being detained, I'm not saying he didn't, but sure since it was such a big issue it would be a fair question. No reason not to ask him about other big topics, like him being against the China travel ban in January, which he has since denied being against. So if they were being treated equally the moderator would have quotes ready to interrupt and counter his answer with.
    I'm not saying that's how it should have been handled. I actually don't like that, let the person finish then have a moment for a rebuttal. I was just pointing out the differences I saw based on brief highlights of the 2 and even added I'm not sure if those highlights are a fair representation of the evenings.
    No they couldn't....Obama/Biden didn't participate in separation of families, massive overcrowding of facilities.  Get out of your bubble.
    I never claimed he separated families. You brought up cages and children. I said some of the pictures that circulated that sparked the outrage of the treatment of children in custody came from during the Obama administration. No one called those pictures cages or complained aboutte conditions until later. Why is it inapparpraite to let Biden answer that question? You said you can't ask Biden about caged children, I asked why not, they were in chain link fences (cages) during his term, so why is it not a fair question? I never said anything about separating families. 
    The facilities are what they are...they don't change with each admin.  What changed was the separation of families by tRUmp.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    The facilities are what they are...they don't change with each admin.  What changed was the separation of families by tRUmp.
    to be fair, it was my impression that most people blamed trump for the cages at all, not just the separation of families. the middle and left media did little (that i saw) to correct that misconception. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    to be fair, it was my impression that most people blamed trump for the cages at all, not just the separation of families. the middle and left media did little (that i saw) to correct that misconception. 
    I can't speak for everyone but I remember the discussion early on that the facilities were not built during the tRump admin.  Of course politics will take over and continue a "children in cages" narrative.  

It's just like the people that keep saying Biden was against the travel ban with China
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited September 2020

mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Exactly. And it would be a total fair question to ask "Considering some of those facilities were built during your term, what is your reaction to Trump's treatment of the children and how was it different when you were in office?" Would actually be a pretty good question I think. And people were completely outraged over the fences (cages) until they learned they were put in before Trump. That doesn't mean they wasn't outrage over the separation, it was for both.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Here's what Biden tweeted..  Tell me which part you disagree with.

A wall will not stop the coronavirus.

Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.

This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden)March 13, 2020

And from April 3rd.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/joe-biden-trump-china-coronavirus/index.html  Joe Biden's campaign said Friday the former vice president supports President Donald Trump's January 31 decision to ban foreign nationals who had been in China within the previous 14 days from entering the United States.

"Joe Biden supports travel bans that are guided by medical experts, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy," Kate Bedingfeld, Biden's deputy campaign manager, told CNN. "Science supported this ban, therefore he did too."

So the premise of your question would be wrong to ask him.  This is why real journalists that do actual research are best suited to ask questions. 

That's a great tweet. Not his response to the China ban though.
    Here is what he tweeted the day the China travel ban was announced:

"Donald Trump's Muslim ban is a direct betrayal of America’s most fundamental freedom: religious freedom. And now he's adding more countries to his list of who's not welcome in America.

It's not who we are — and we'll prove that when we beat Trump this November and end the ban."

That was January 31, the day the China ban was announced. So that was just a coinicidence, or was he against the China ban?

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/posts/10156604263291104

That had nothing to do with China
    He brought up countries being denied access to AMerica, and said we are adding to that list, the day the China travel ban was announced. You don't think it was a response to China? What new countries were we adding to that list if not China that day?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.

This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

And from April 3rd.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/politics/joe-biden-trump-china-coronavirus/index.html  Joe Biden's campaign said Friday the former vice president supports President Donald Trump's January 31 decision to ban foreign nationals who had been in China within the previous 14 days from entering the United States.

"Joe Biden supports travel bans that are guided by medical experts, advocated by public health officials, and backed by a full strategy," Kate Bedingfeld, Biden's deputy campaign manager, told CNN. "Science supported this ban, therefore he did too."

So the premise of your question would be wrong to ask him.  This is why real journalists that do actual research are best suited to ask questions. 

So whats the point of the town hall with voters asking questions then then? That isnt a good idea?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

And from April 3rd.

So whats the point of the town hall with voters asking questions then then? That isnt a good idea?
    I thought the criticism was that the questions were too easy. You can't really blame CNN for easy questions unless they wrote them for the citizen.  Or if they struck crazy ass ones like.... "Why are you a pedophile?"
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I can't speak for everyone but I remember the discussion early on that the facilities were not built during the tRump admin.  Of course politics will take over and continue a "children in cages" narrative.  

It's just like the people that keep saying Biden was against the travel ban with China
    fair enough, i found out here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I have to admit I thought there was more obvious criticism from Biden about the China ban than I could find. I think that is probably in part to the amount of criticism he received from other politicians to news and all over social media. After 8 or 9 months I think its easy to forget exactly who said what. I still think that post made the day of the ban was in reference to China, and me made other comments that referred to Trump's actions without being specific, probably on purpose, that could definitely give that impression too but make is easy to deny what it was about. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

And from April 3rd.

I thought the criticism was that the questions were too easy. You can't really blame CNN for easy questions unless they wrote them for the citizen.  Or if they struck crazy ass ones like.... "Why are you a pedophile?"
    It was, but you said the premise of my question was wrong and that is why only journalist should ask questions. I disagreed, I think its good to hear from voters. 
  • Options
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

And from April 3rd.

It was, but you said the premise of my question was wrong and that is why only journalist should ask questions. I disagreed, I think its good to hear from voters. 
    I agree with hearing from voters.  The premise I meant was that Biden was against the travel ban. And then I took a shot at right wing media and their constant distortion vs journalists who do real research.  I wasn't taking a shot at the actual voters in a town hall. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Biden didn't speak out in support of the China ban for about a month and half. There's no doubt that tweet and video were in direct reference to China without actually mentioning China. It was made the day of the ban, can't be much more obvious to me when you say we're adding more countries to the ban the day China was added to the ban. He also made several other general and vague comments about Trump's treatment of China. As I said earlier, I thought his comments were more obvious and direct that what I remember, but it's been 8 months, I don't have a perfect memory.
    What I am pretty sure happened is this was all intentional, his comments were vague enough to where if the China ban was proven to be a bad thing he could come out and say he was against it from the beginning. If it looked like a good idea he could do what is happening now, say he always supported it and wasn't talking about the China ban when he mentioned countries being denied access to this country on January 31, the day the ban was announced. If you don't think he was referencing China though that's just horribly unfortunate timing to just randomly tweet out about travel bans the same day a ban on China was announced. Talk about a coincidence. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:
    Biden didn't speak out in support of the China ban for about a month and half. There's no doubt that tweet and video were in direct reference to China without actually mentioning China. It was made the day of the ban, can't be much more obvious to me when you say we're adding more countries to the ban the day China was added to the ban. He also made several other general and vague comments about Trump's treatment of China. As I said earlier, I thought his comments were more obvious and direct that what I remember, but it's been 8 months, I don't have a perfect memory.
    What I am pretty sure happened is this was all intentional, his comments were vague enough to where if the China ban was proven to be a bad thing he could come out and say he was against it from the beginning. If it looked like a good idea he could do what is happening now, say he always supported it and wasn't talking about the China ban when he mentioned countries being denied access to this country on January 31, the day the ban was announced. If you don't think he was referencing China though that's just horribly unfortunate timing to just randomly tweet out about travel bans the same day a ban on China was announced. Talk about a coincidence. 
    Out of all the shit that's going on, you sure are taking a deep dive into a vague tweet that doesn't matter in the least.

If anything, it's a mark in Biden's favour that he's careful about what he tweets, unlike your current president.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,283
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    Out of all the shit that's going on, you sure are taking a deep dive into a vague tweet that doesn't matter in the least.

If anything, it's a mark in Biden's favour that he's careful about what he tweets, unlike your current president.
    Yeah I would much prefer Biden's approach than constantly telling us you did a great job and saved 2 million lives, among many other hourly piles of complete bullshit that comes out of his mouth and twitter feed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:

I agree. I think it was a smart way to handle it. That was just my response to people saying he never criticized the ban. He did, but subtly in a way that he and others could deny it. I actually think that is very smart.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    Biden
    13B slated for Puerto Rico, additional money for farmers.....

vote buying anyone?

PR is especially egregious imo given statements made by fuckstick....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    it will all come down to how he does in the debates. no republicans watch a democrat town hall. that's nothing. 

somedo for the potential gotcha memes out of context
    huh?

looking for the clips that can gif or meme out of context to question his competency, cognitive ability etc.
    He did good.  He sounds like an honest human being. He has empathy.  

He did that thing where he cuts himself off...kind of like he did in the primary debates where he feels like he is droning on and just stops talking instead of finishing his point.  Not sure why he does that.

Biden needs to make his point, emphasize it and move on to the next question. When he starts droning on he starts to sound tired and take on his Sleepy Joe persona. He doesn’t need to list the tiny details of his plans. Let that be handled by follow up questions or refer to his detained plan on the web. Give us a broad overview and move on. Hopefully his team works on this with him before the first debate, but this has been going on for a while and it’s getting late in the game.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Early voting looks to favor Biden..most lines show people wearing masks...Masks=Biden
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    Early voting looks to favor Biden..most lines show people wearing masks...Masks=Biden
    VIRGINIA IS BLUE....
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    mrussel1 said:
    VIRGINIA IS BLUE....

Was close in 16 though..50% to 45%
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    VIRGINIA IS BLUE....

Was close in 16 though..50% to 45%
    Been a decade since GOP won a statewide office. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Biden
    I wonder whether RBG's death will impact the chest-thumping hard-left that won't vote for a Democrat, any more.  I would guess most are pro-choice.  If this somehow is in question by election day, maybe someone of them, when faced with it in real-time, will buy into "the Supreme Court, if nothing else."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    I wonder whether RBG's death will impact the chest-thumping hard-left that won't vote for a Democrat, any more.  I would guess most are pro-choice.  If this somehow is in question by election day, maybe someone of them, when faced with it in real-time, will buy into "the Supreme Court, if nothing else."
    Except the spot will be filled before Biden gets elected and if Biden gets elected the corrupt court will give the election to trump after Barr litigates
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    Biden
    I was worried about this scenario a few weeks ago and now RBG is gone. Next up, October surprise of Biden having a heart attack. Next year will be worse when Roe v. Wade is over turned and Obama care is struck down with no replacement. At least PJ will still have something to be angry about as the world literally burns.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Biden
    tbergs said:
    I was worried about this scenario a few weeks ago and now RBG is gone. Next up, October surprise of Biden having a heart attack. Next year will be worse when Roe v. Wade is over turned and Obama care is struck down with no replacement. At least PJ will still have something to be angry about as the world literally burns.
    not the world. just the US....I mean Gilead. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

And from April 3rd.

Are you a priest?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Some people still think it was a “China ban?” Good god.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

And from April 3rd.

Are you a priest?
    Why yes,  why do you ask?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,283
    Biden

chinese-happy.jpg