Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Biden
    I’ve had some drive thru experiences like this, lol. I wonder if they got chili. A triple classic? Kim probably got a frosty. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/07/27/kim-kardashian-visits-kanye-west-in-wyoming/

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    Earlier I had an interesting lesson on union printers, fundraising, and received some information regarding campaign paraphernalia and it’s ineffectiveness compared to return for your dollar investment. I have decided that it’s really not that important, but maybe I just use it to measure campaign enthusiasm, but shouldn’t necessarily use that as the tell all of where the campaign is at in terms of polling ect.
    And to what gimmie had said earlier, I’m actually more inclined to believe that could actually be happening. 
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,937
    I'm sitting this one out
    Hi! said:
    someone mentioned yard signs earlier and since this was not directly related to the post i did not quote it.

interesting story. i live in a pretty nice suburban neighborhood. it is quiet and all of the neighbors are friendly and helpful. there is an elderly couple caddy corner to me that always talks to me when i go get my mail or bring in my trash cans or whatever. they have been critical of trump's corona response. about a week ago i got home from work and they had a brand new trump pence 2020 sign in their yard. i was a little puzzled by this. the next day when i was leaving for work i noticed that the sign had been taken down. 

i am not sure if they took it down themselves, or if someone in the neighborhood did it. i have not seen them outside to be able to ask them.

i am wondering if the trump campaign is just putting up signs in the yards of their 2016 voters or if supporters have to request them and put them up themselves.

at any rate, i am seeing more trump signs around here than i did in 2016. i am not sure if that is indicative of anything, but i am definitely scratching my head as to what these people have seen the last 4 years to make them want to support trump in 2020.
    I doubt the campaign is just putting yard signs in people’s yards without permission, but anything is possible. Your last comments are exactly why I am concerned. I would say mostly in rural areas, and not only signs, it’s the Trump flags, and they are everywhere. I don’t even want to mention what the channel looks like when it’s packed with boaters heading out to the lake.
    the administration is lawless and the campaign is helping kanye west spoil things for biden. do you think the campaign is going to think twice about planting signs in yards without permission?
    So which conspiracy theories are ok to believe again?  
    I’d like to know too. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Biden
    You guys think Kanye running to help Trump is a conspiracy theory? Please explain. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    You guys think Kanye running to help Trump is a conspiracy theory? Please explain. 
    Like Trump, he’s pissed Obama called him a jackass. I don’t know that it helps Trump. I feel like it could backfire and get very messy. 

• Options
    Biden
    Hi! said:
    Like Trump, he’s pissed Obama called him a jackass. I don’t know that it helps Trump. I feel like it could backfire and get very messy. 
    What do you mean? He has specifically said he is running to hurt Biden. His campaign is being propped up by republican operatives who are helping him get his name on the ballots in swing states....illegally, by forging a bunch of signatures. And he met with Jared Kushner last week to discuss "policy" stuff. There's no conspiracy. They're telling you what they're doing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    Hi! said:
    What do you mean? He has specifically said he is running to hurt Biden. His campaign is being propped up by republican operatives who are helping him get his name on the ballots in swing states....illegally, by forging a bunch of signatures. And he met with Jared Kushner last week to discuss "policy" stuff. There's no conspiracy. They're telling you what they're doing. 
    I know, right? They just do it in plain site. I don’t know man, I don’t think people are buying it. I hope not anyway.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    edited August 2020
    https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/08/13/united-states-postal-service-confirmed-it-has-removed-mailboxes-in-portland-and-eugene/
    They’ve started removing mailboxes, he’s going to try every way possible to cheat himself a 2nd term! What an American ha 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    Biden
    https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/08/13/united-states-postal-service-confirmed-it-has-removed-mailboxes-in-portland-and-eugene/
    They’ve started removing mailboxes, he’s going to try every way possible to cheat himself a 2nd term! What an American ha 
    Yeah, but what if it works?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    Hi! said:
    someone mentioned yard signs earlier and since this was not directly related to the post i did not quote it.

interesting story. i live in a pretty nice suburban neighborhood. it is quiet and all of the neighbors are friendly and helpful. there is an elderly couple caddy corner to me that always talks to me when i go get my mail or bring in my trash cans or whatever. they have been critical of trump's corona response. about a week ago i got home from work and they had a brand new trump pence 2020 sign in their yard. i was a little puzzled by this. the next day when i was leaving for work i noticed that the sign had been taken down. 

i am not sure if they took it down themselves, or if someone in the neighborhood did it. i have not seen them outside to be able to ask them.

i am wondering if the trump campaign is just putting up signs in the yards of their 2016 voters or if supporters have to request them and put them up themselves.

at any rate, i am seeing more trump signs around here than i did in 2016. i am not sure if that is indicative of anything, but i am definitely scratching my head as to what these people have seen the last 4 years to make them want to support trump in 2020.
    I doubt the campaign is just putting yard signs in people’s yards without permission, but anything is possible. Your last comments are exactly why I am concerned. I would say mostly in rural areas, and not only signs, it’s the Trump flags, and they are everywhere. I don’t even want to mention what the channel looks like when it’s packed with boaters heading out to the lake.
    Signs and flags don't win elections. Votes do. I used to live in a solidly blue district, and Repug signs outnumbered Dem signs every election. They like outward tokens like that, the bigger the better, just like their damn statues. Notice the Trump signs are always oversized and garishly in your face. Just like them. Don't let it fool you.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    Yeah, but what if it works?
    That will be the end of democracy as you know it!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,400
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    handful of signs near me. all biden until tonight.
    2 trump yard signs one on top of the others with space in between. this is surrounded by garden fencing.....zoom in if need be....

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    2 trump yard signs one on top of the others with space in between. this is surrounded by garden fencing.....zoom in if need be....

Hahaha -- garden fencing? They think the deer going to nibble down the yard sign? Or is it electrified in case anyone tries to destroy them?
  • Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:

Hahaha -- garden fencing? They think the deer going to nibble down the yard sign? Or is it electrified in case anyone tries to destroy them?
    I think it suggests trump and pence belong in a cage....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

This makes perfect sense to me!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Voting by mail is safe and secure. And don't take my word for it: Take it from the President, who just requested his mail-in ballot for the Florida primary on Tuesday.

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Great answer!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,005
    633,000 USPS employees. Let’s hope they all vote Sleepy Woke Joe. And I guess all of those overseas ballots from the men and women in the military shouldn’t be counted? I wonder how it feels to be serving overseas, perhaps putting your life on the line, and have your CIC call your vote fraudulent? Is there a constituency Team Trump Treason hasn’t Offended or denigrated yet?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    Biden

• Options
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:

Good advice.

I'm a bit concerned because both my mom and I requested mail in (absentee) ballots in Virginia a month ago and hadn't received anything. So I just went online last night to check the status, and the VA Board of Elections has no record of our requesting the ballots. I had also at the same time volunteered to work as a poll worker on Nov 3 and have received nothing to indicate I'm wanted or needed. Makes me wonder about the security or the functioning of the VA Board of Elections site. I'm going to call my local board this week to see what's going on.

In light of all this nonsense, I've changed my mind and I'm going to try EARLY VOTING this year instead of dealing with the post office or the potential lines on Nov 3. That seems like the best option right now. I've never done it, so I'll have to figure that out next.
  • Options
    I’m voting in person.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:

Great idea!  I think we can do that here at the county offices which are only about six miles from home.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The same for my wife & two kids, I’m walking in with my mask on walking into booth exercising my right as given to me from the day I became a citizen! Good luck everyone ✌️
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    So virtually all polling indicates voters are happy with the Harris selection and Biden’s jumped back over 51% avg on 538

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    Biden is the first challenger to an incumbent to head into the conventions with 50%+ polling since the 1940’s...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,831
    Biden
    Biden is the first challenger to an incumbent to head into the conventions with 50%+ polling since the 1940’s...
    Who did it in the 40s?  Dewey?  

Over 50 is huge, don’t need undecideds to break for you, but they will at those numbers.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    mrussel1 said:
    Who did it in the 40s?  Dewey?  

Over 50 is huge, don’t need undecideds to break for you, but they will at those numbers.
    I feel like I should know this but just want to make sure. The gap between them that is not accounted for is the undecided right? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,051
    Biden
    The same for my wife & two kids, I’m walking in with my mask on walking into booth exercising my right as given to me from the day I became a citizen! Good luck everyone ✌️
    Murphy just made an executive order that all voting in NJ will be done by mail.  I am not happy about this.  Schools can open and people can wait in lines overnight at the dmv but we can’t vote in person ?  Not cool.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Biden
    mcgruff10 said:
    Murphy just made an executive order that all voting in NJ will be done by mail.  I am not happy about this.  Schools can open and people can wait in lines overnight at the dmv but we can’t vote in person ?  Not cool.  
    he has that power?