Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    Kamala being put forth as a reason why someone won't now vote for Biden is a great example of why I believe many "undecided" voters are full of it. Many know exactly what they are or are not going to do, they just haven't settled on a proper justification for it. Not being willing to admit how one is going to vote doesn't make one an undecided voter.
    Well you can think whatever you want, man. I'm a conservative that only entertains voting for the democrat cause Trump sucks. Biden is a washed-up fool that I didn't want to vote for, but I would've sucked it up if not for Kamala Harris. I don't like her. And if Biden (who will likely win) dies or resigns, I'm not going to like Harris being President. So fuck off with your "not settling on a proper justification for it" bullshit. The only justification I had (and many people have) for considering voting for Biden in the first place is he's not Trump. So it wasn't hard to lose my vote by picking the only person he could've picked that would've lost it. 
    But Harris is not as liberal as some of the other women who were considered. Warren or Bass are a lot more liberal than her, I believe. It does seem like personality is playing more of a choice here....
    Absolutely
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Biden
    i would vote the pile of dog shit on my sidewalk before voting for trump. there is absolutely nothing trump can do to get my vote besides have russia steal it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Well, I cannot change my answer to the poll officially, but I am no longer sitting this one out. 

Voting for Kamala!
    I’ll trade ya poll selections. 
    Aren't you PA?
    Yeah, Joe lost a swing-vote. I'll be voting third party. Kamala was the deal-breaker for me. Rice, Warren, or whoever would've been fine, I guess.

Might as well just get this out of the way in one post, rather than hanging around here putting on a façade that I'll voting for Biden. I don't feel a voter is obligated to vote for anyone. Rather, I feel it's the obligation of the candidate to earn the voter's vote. And the Democrats in general, and Biden in particular, have done nothing to earn my vote (neither have Trump and the GOP for that matter). I know, to vote third-party in Pennsylvania is to the benefit of Trump. Well it's too bad that the system sucks and you can not vote for someone (I won't be voting for Trump) and it can still benefit that person. And really, despite the fact that I don't like the Democratic Party (or liberalism in general), and I think Biden is a walking corpse and puppet, I was still willing to vote for him, unless he picked Harris. 

So what's my beef with Harris you may ask. Well I don't like her grandstanding, her race-baiting, or the fact that she locked up so many people for marijuana offenses. I just in general don't like her. Now you might also ask, what about Trump? A simple search through my posts over the past two or so weeks will show that I've said on a few occasions that Trump is the worst president ever, which he is. I don't like him either. So I'm not going to vote for either. I didn't like John Kerry, but I voted for him because Bush was the worst president ever (or so I was told at the time). I didn't like Hillary, but I voted for her because Trump is Trump. I done with that stuff. I'm voting for candidates I like. I don't like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Donald Trump, or Mike Pence. And I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into voting for Biden based on Trump's historic awfulness. Though, I will feel a bit a guilt as I waste my vote on some third-party candidate or goofy write-in vote. But I'd rather feel guilty for wasting a vote than feel like a whore for voting for someone I dislike...again. 

Also, I don't think my Biden winning Texas prediction is going to pan-out now. 
    I understand where you are coming from being upset with the VP pick, but not where you are coming from thinking Kamala is left.  To me Kamala is the most conservative of the field that we were told about.  Not my top pick as I would prefer a liberal.  I'm still voting for Biden, But I would never shame you or anyone else for not voting Biden.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    Kamala being put forth as a reason why someone won't now vote for Biden is a great example of why I believe many "undecided" voters are full of it. Many know exactly what they are or are not going to do, they just haven't settled on a proper justification for it. Not being willing to admit how one is going to vote doesn't make one an undecided voter.
    Well you can think whatever you want, man. I'm a conservative that only entertains voting for the democrat cause Trump sucks. Biden is a washed-up fool that I didn't want to vote for, but I would've sucked it up if not for Kamala Harris. I don't like her. And if Biden (who will likely win) dies or resigns, I'm not going to like Harris being President. So fuck off with your "not settling on a proper justification for it" bullshit. The only justification I had (and many people have) for considering voting for Biden in the first place is he's not Trump. So it wasn't hard to lose my vote by picking the only person he could've picked that would've lost it. 
    But Harris is not as liberal as some of the other women who were considered. Warren or Bass are a lot more liberal than her, I believe. It does seem like personality is playing more of a choice here....
    Absolutely
    Okay. The liberal stuff with her won't fly when so many liberals aren't happy. That's part of the reason Trump is having a hard time defining her right now...
    www.myspace.com
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Well, I cannot change my answer to the poll officially, but I am no longer sitting this one out. 

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?
    Yeah, Joe lost a swing-vote. I'll be voting third party. Kamala was the deal-breaker for me. Rice, Warren, or whoever would've been fine, I guess.

Might as well just get this out of the way in one post, rather than hanging around here putting on a façade that I'll voting for Biden. I don't feel a voter is obligated to vote for anyone. Rather, I feel it's the obligation of the candidate to earn the voter's vote. And the Democrats in general, and Biden in particular, have done nothing to earn my vote (neither have Trump and the GOP for that matter). I know, to vote third-party in Pennsylvania is to the benefit of Trump. Well it's too bad that the system sucks and you can not vote for someone (I won't be voting for Trump) and it can still benefit that person. And really, despite the fact that I don't like the Democratic Party (or liberalism in general), and I think Biden is a walking corpse and puppet, I was still willing to vote for him, unless he picked Harris. 

So what's my beef with Harris you may ask. Well I don't like her grandstanding, her race-baiting, or the fact that she locked up so many people for marijuana offenses. I just in general don't like her. Now you might also ask, what about Trump? A simple search through my posts over the past two or so weeks will show that I've said on a few occasions that Trump is the worst president ever, which he is. I don't like him either. So I'm not going to vote for either. I didn't like John Kerry, but I voted for him because Bush was the worst president ever (or so I was told at the time). I didn't like Hillary, but I voted for her because Trump is Trump. I done with that stuff. I'm voting for candidates I like. I don't like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Donald Trump, or Mike Pence. And I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into voting for Biden based on Trump's historic awfulness. Though, I will feel a bit a guilt as I waste my vote on some third-party candidate or goofy write-in vote. But I'd rather feel guilty for wasting a vote than feel like a whore for voting for someone I dislike...again. 

I understand where you are coming from being upset with the VP pick, but not where you are coming from thinking Kamala is left.  To me Kamala is the most conservative of the field that we were told about.  Not my top pick as I would prefer a liberal.  I'm still voting for Biden, But I would never shame you or anyone else for not voting Biden.  
    I appreciate that. But no, I don't think she's "left." She's certainly the closest to Biden of any of the Dems that ran in the primary. It's her I don't like...not her policies per se.

Here's a quick summary of my dislike for Harris...

-It started with grandstanding bullshit during a Senate hearing when she was questioning an ICE agent (during the "kids in cages" fiasco). She said to him "There's a perception out there that ICE is akin to the KKK, what do you have to say about that?" That's fucking Trump-level bullshit. "A lot of people are saying...." is a Trumpism. Why not say "I, Kamala Harris, think you, ICE, are akin to the KKK" and then provide a reason. Own it. Don't hide behind this "there's a perception of" shit when you're likening law enforcement officers to the KKK. That's outrageous. 

-More race-baiting. I hated the Biden bussing thing during the debate, and calling him out for working with segregationists on legislation. Joe Biden has been as big an ally to the African American community as anybody. But in an attempt to  get a leg up in a primary, she's going to portray him as racist? 

-When Biden had that BS sexual assault allegation against him, she didn't defend him. She said she believed the accusers. Some law-enforcement official she is. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? 

-Pandering on a radio show about how she used to smoke weed (despite locking up so many black people for weed offenses) and saying she'd smoke while listening to Snoop Dogg in college. She graduated college before Snoop Dogg ever released a song. 

-Just her overall vibe is unlikeable to me. And apparently to the democratic electorate too since she dropped out of the primary prior to the first vote. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

You really going to make your pick based on the VP?

This is as clear an election as there has ever been.  You either vote Biden or you are ok with the disaster that is Trump.  You are ok with Russian interference.  You are ok with Russians putting bounties on American soldiers.  You are ok with race baiting.  You are ok with 160,000 and climbing dead.

This isn't an election about policy differences.  It's an election about decency, morals, and true America first over a narcissist out only for himself. 

Please re-think your vote.  If it was simply policy differences, I think voting 3rd party is ok, but still not advised.  But this is much, much more than this.
    You nailed it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    A vote for 3rd party is a vote for the baffoon no? Like Gimmie said I’d vote for a pile of dog shit before ever voting for the current idiot!
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden
    Generally speaking, I don't pick on VP, either...but this could be an exception.  Joe's not looking like a guy who's going to serve four years...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Biden
    I would like to point out that telling someone that their non vote for Trump is a vote for Trump is not "shaming" them. lol. 

It's just sort of stating the obvious...
    www.myspace.com
    I would like to point out that telling someone that their non vote for Trump is a vote for Trump is not "shaming" them. lol. 

I thought the same!
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Biden

Depend on who they'd vote for if they "had to" vote for one of the two...

My philosophy on best candidate vs best candidate with a chance kinda bounces back and forth.  But with Trump in there, it's the latter...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited August 2020
    Biden

Trust me, I know. I've had the obvious stated to me by like 10 different people today. And by my father yesterday when I came over to help him fix the dryer. I'm like "Yeah Dad, I know, we went over this 20 years ago when I was 16....

Me: Dad, are you going to vote for Ralph Nader?
    Dad: What? No. 
    Me: That's who Pearl Jam's voting for.
    Dad: A vote for him is a vote for Bush.
    Me: It is?
    Dad: Yeah, Nader will take votes away from Gore. 
    Me: Oh....

And then sure enough, Nader got over 90,000 votes in Florida, Bush beat Gore by like 600 votes in Florida, and won the presidency because of it. So see? I'm not the only one around here that's willing to vote third-party even if that risks a complete idiot being elected. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Biden

Trust me, I know. I've had the obvious stated to me by like 10 different people today. And by my father yesterday when I came over to help him fix the dryer. I'm like "Yeah Dad, I know, we went over this 20 years ago when I was 16....

And then sure enough, Nader got over 90,000 votes in Florida, Bush beat Gore by like 600 votes in Florida, and won the presidency because of it. So see? I'm not the only one around here that's willing to vote third-party even if that risks a complete idiot being elected. 
    Yeah, voting for someone because a band says so is pretty bad too, man..
    www.myspace.com
    Biden

Yeah, voting for someone because a band says so is pretty bad too, man..
    I was 16 and just asking who he was voting for, man. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499

But it’s not fully true.  If someone was leaning towards a Trump vote and chose not to vote or vote 3rd party instead, how exactly is that a “vote for Trump”?  
    It is “shaming” them for not voting Democrat. 
    A Democrat choosing not to vote or vote 3rd party is more akin to voting for Trump than a conservative saying they will vote 3rd party in my opinion.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Biden
    Some are now discussing possibilities for a new Attorney General when one may need to be chosen after November 3. Before yesterday, I thought Kamala Harris might be a great choice. Some have mentioned Sally Yates because she was in line for the position before she was fired. Some are mentioning Adam Schiff. It was mentioned that he would likely have to recuse himself in certain situations involving soul-eater so I don't know about that one, although I think he'd be terrific. So...any thoughts? :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

But it’s not fully true.  If someone was leaning towards a Trump vote and chose not to vote or vote 3rd party instead, how exactly is that a “vote for Trump”?  
    A Democrat choosing not to vote or vote 3rd party is more akin to voting for Trump than a conservative saying they will vote 3rd party in my opinion.
    I think in my case in particular, the problem people are having is that I have said that I was willing to vote for Biden (even if I didn't really want to) until the Harris pick. But in general, I agree. Not necessarily about "shaming" because I can care less about that. But I agree with your breakdown of who a third-party vote benefits. I'm a conservative whose political ideology aligns with the Republican candidate's. But because Trump sucks, I went rouge so-to-speak in 2016 and voted Hillary. This time, I'm only willing to go halfway and vote third-party. But yeah, I'm a conservative that's not voting for Trump, so he's still losing a vote that he would normally get from someone like me. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Biden
    i would vote the pile of dog shit on my sidewalk before voting for trump. there is absolutely nothing trump can do to get my vote besides have russia steal it.

Same here!  If someone offered me $10,000 to vote for Trump I would tell them to get lost. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

Same here!  If someone offered me $10,000 to vote for Trump I would tell them to get lost. 
    Me too! 
    Biden
    PJPOWER said:

No that would be the the same thing, just flip flopping the way that person was leaning.

In this case, we have someone who knows Trump is terrible, has said so numerous times over the last four years, yet is not voting for the only candidate who has a chance of defeating him. That does nothing but help Trump. Pointing that out is not shaming, it is stating the obvious. 

www.myspace.com
  • Biden
    Kat said:
    Some are now discussing possibilities for a new Attorney General when one may need to be chosen after November 3. Before yesterday, I thought Kamala Harris might be a great choice. Some have mentioned Sally Yates because she was in line for the position before she was fired. Some are mentioning Adam Schiff. It was mentioned that he would likely have to recuse himself in certain situations involving soul-eater so I don't know about that one, although I think he'd be terrific. So...any thoughts? :)
    i nominate one of the obamas for attorney general.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything...
    ...but I always find things like the bold fascinating.  Why would you feel guilty?  I infer from this that it means you want Biden to win.  Most third-party voters will never admit to having a preference on who wins between the two candidates with a chance. But they often say things like this. Are you admitting you hope Biden wins but you just can't vote for him (and that's not a wrong answer and if you say "yes" I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. I don't have it in me spend effort on such things)?

This is the take I have on it too. I voted third part in '08 for kind of the same reason, because Sarah Palin was an abomination of a choice. But I felt fine with my choice because I was confident that neither Mccain nor Obama would not steer the country further into the ground. He already has admitted that Trump is a terrible president. 

To go third part this time around, especially in a state that could end up determining the winner is mind blowing to me. I don't see this country recovering from a second term of Donald Trump. If @Ledbetterman10 can live with playing a role in the demise of our democracy, then have at it. 

I also don't understand his flip flopping on his Texas prediction. I never thought Biden would win there, but he did. And it seems it was all predicated on Biden choosing Warren, Rice, or Bass for his running mate? Really? Yeah, I dunno about that...
    Well I sent this in a PM to OnWis97 because I wanted to answer his question, but be done with this thread so I don't keep getting the same sort of responses over and over and over in this thread, but hell, since ya tagged me, I'll just copy and paste by message to him after he asked if I admit I want Biden to win. I said to him....

"To a degree, yes. I know Donald Trump is corrupt, immoral, and beholden to nobody but himself. I'm not stupid. And it's not that "can't" vote for Biden. I just don't want to. I didn't want to vote for him anyway but my dislike of Harris put it over the top. I believe you should vote for whoever you want to vote for, and vote for that person for whatever reason you want. I'm conservative so Trump's awfulness is the only reason I entertain voting for the democrats. I actually did vote for Hillary because I felt she could do the job. Biden though really does seem like a walking corpse at this point and, in my opinion, will only be president in title. The influence that not only Harris, but far-left influencers can have on him isn't to my liking. Especially after watching how democratic-led major cities have been run over the past few years. I'm not sure I want to see that on a federal level. That's not enough to get me to vote for Trump, but it's enough for me to not vote for Biden."

And I think Harris will hurt him in Texas. That's why I'm flipping my prediction. And what you mean "I never thought Biden would win there, but he did." He did? I know you LOVE polls, but him leading right now in the polls isn't the same as him winning. Don't go getting ahead of yourself, folks. 
    I’m honestly amazed someone would vote for someone they know is corrupt because of policy differences. Normal elections are about policy differences with 2 good people. This ain’t that
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,295
    Kat said:
    Zoe Lofgren might be a decent pick. However, that said, any candidate can't just be a good/great lawyer, they also have to be able to manage a huge governmental agency. Not sure how she'd do there so...….. And its why Kamala would have been a very capable AG, she was for CA. Oh well, I'm confident that Sleepy Woke Joe will select a cabinet that is comprised of honest, capable candidates that reflect America.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Zoe Lofgren might be a decent pick. However, that said, any candidate can't just be a good/great lawyer, they also have to be able to manage a huge governmental agency. Not sure how she'd do there so...….. And its why Kamala would have been a very capable AG, she was for CA. Oh well, I'm confident that Sleepy Woke Joe will select a cabinet that is comprised of honest, capable candidates that reflect America.
    He's also sent a signal that he'll be hands-off the DOJ and I want to see that. They'll need to clear out the politicization of the various agencies. This is what I'll be looking for....that the various staff members be apolitical or at least act that way. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Make it Michelle, then. I want Joe to nominate Barack to be a Supreme Court justice.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Biden
    jeffbr said:
    Kat said:
    Make it Michelle, then. I want Joe to nominate Barack to be a Supreme Court justice.
    i would take that in a heartbeat. 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

Which Of these policies do you disagree with? 

Also, Are you happy with the gop response to covid? Do you look at the current daily death totals, compare that with other modern countries, and say, this is a good record that I can live with? This is what will keep me and my family safe and alive?

Or are you judging candidates based on personality contest?
    And so begins the guilt-tripping. No, I'm not happy with the GOP response to Covid, so I'm not voting for any of them. 

As for the link you posted. I disagree on....

-Abolishing capital punishment. If someone commits first-degree murder, I'm fine with them receiving the death penalty.

-Ending cash bail. At least for violent offenses. Did you see the guy in NYC that was released and then shot two people the same day?

-Raising the minimum wage to $15. It's a nice thought. But we've been hearing that for years. How about being realistic about it and incrementally increase it? Maybe $12 and then go from there? It's never going to jump to $15 federally in a single bound.

-Reparations. I'm for putting more money into low-income black communities to help. I'm not for lump-sum reparation payments. 

-Two years free college. Another unrealistic stance. And hell, I paid back my loans. And it was hard.

-No penalties for illegally entering the country.

-Letting the states decide on marijuana legalization. I'd like it federally legal.

-Scrapping past marijuana convictions. I'm for it, but that's so funny considering that Harris put so many people away for it. 

-China. We should worry about China.

And yes, I probably disagree with much more of Trump's policy stances. So again, that's why I'm not voting for Trump. And I know, I know, I know, to vote third-party in a swing-state like PA is to the benefit of Trump. That's unfortunate. Oh well.

Fair response. I am not sure about the cash bail provision either. As far as raising the minimum wage, the states like mine that have raised it they have done so incrementally each year, and it hasn’t destroyed the local economy (pre covid) like the gop would have us believe.

the big issue with being “oh well” about trump getting re-elected is he will be an unhinged authoritarian  if he wins. No one thought it possible the AG could be fired during an ongoing investigation. The Saturday Night Massacre was considered a big deal until 2018.

Election night 2018. The republicans get trounced in the only country wide elections for the House (they were saved by a mostly red state senate election). But the next day trump fires sessions and puts Barr in place to cover up the crimes he committed in 2016 to get elected.

He wins now, even with dirty tricks like shutting down the post office, look out in 2021. Authoritarian Trump takes on an entirely new meaning.
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

Keeping in mind that I totally respect your opinions and feelings, how about doing us all a favor and going for choice number four and not voting at all? It's a lot to ask I know, but the thought of 4 more years is just devastating....
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

If you feel a third-party candidate is a wasted vote - then you understand that there are only two candidates who have a chance at victory. Based on that, whether you like it or not, to spoil your ballot or to vote third party, would mean to exert 50% of what you could have to eliminate a Trump presidency. Again, whether you like it or not, Biden and Trump are now inextricably linked, in that the loss of one indicates the victory of the other. That means choosing not to vote Trump, is already a help to Biden - but because of some internal pride, you can't find it in you to double your efforts.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    @Ledbetterman10

Can I buy your vote back to Biden? I have quite a few PJ posters from Canadian gigs still in tubes that could go to good use.

Maybe half serious, maybe full.

;)