Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The same for my wife & two kids, I’m walking in with my mask on walking into booth exercising my right as given to me from the day I became a citizen! Good luck everyone ✌️
    Murphy just made an executive order that all voting in NJ will be done by mail.  I am not happy about this.  Schools can open and people can wait in lines overnight at the dmv but we can’t vote in person ?  Not cool.  
    he has that power?
    Because of covid, yes. Not cool.  Let the legislators or voters decide.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    mcgruff10 said:
    The same for my wife & two kids, I’m walking in with my mask on walking into booth exercising my right as given to me from the day I became a citizen! Good luck everyone ✌️
    Murphy just made an executive order that all voting in NJ will be done by mail.  I am not happy about this.  Schools can open and people can wait in lines overnight at the dmv but we can’t vote in person ?  Not cool.  
    I thought he said you have a choice to Vote by mail or in person?

Does each school District have the option for in-person learning or Online learning?
  • Biden
    Option has been his position all along....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden
    PJNB said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Biden is the first challenger to an incumbent to head into the conventions with 50%+ polling since the 1940’s...
    Who did it in the 40s?  Dewey?  

Over 50 is huge, don’t need undecideds to break for you, but they will at those numbers.
    I feel like I should know this but just want to make sure. The gap between them that is not accounted for is the undecided right? 
    Or no preference or third party
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Biden
    cnn polls show race is tightening. if he wins another 4 years, i swear you won't see me on AMT or any social media until he's out. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    cnn polls show race is tightening. if he wins another 4 years, i swear you won't see me on AMT or any social media until he's out. 
    Stop giving people reasons to vote for Trump!
    hippiemom = goodness
    Biden
    leave it to you. :lol:

www.headstonesband.com

• Biden
    that cnn poll is an outlier. it is the only one showing it tightening.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Biden
    Don't start to worry until you see multiple, reputable, polls showing the same thing. This includes CNN's poll yesterday, and the ABC one today showing Biden still up double digits:

It has tightened slightly but Biden is still in better shape than any challenger in about 80 years. 

Also, I think this would be good news---even though the margin has decreased, Biden has maintained being over 50%. Actually increased about 1% since the Harris selection....
    www.myspace.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Biden
    Great post copied from Face Book:

To all those complainers who say the Biden/Harris are not progressive enough for them, please read:

1. You're not just voting for President.

2. You're voting to prevent a 7-2 dangerous conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Note: 87 year old Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is single-handedly fighting off all 10 plagues so she can hang on until we have a new president. This alone should be enough for historic turnout!
    3. You're voting for the next Secretary of Education, Housing Secretary and Attorney General.
    4. You are voting for the "down" ballot, as well......to keep the House and to gain majority of the Senate in Congress.
    5. You're voting for federal judges.
    6. You're voting for the rule of law.
    7. You're voting for saving national parks.
    8. You're voting for letting kids out of cages.
    9. You're voting for clean air and clean water.
    10. You're voting for scientists to be allowed to speak and do something to protect us from climate change and pandemics.
    11. You're voting for greater transparency and confidence that the President isn't using your tax dollars as a slush fund for his family and friends.
    12. You're voting for housing rights.
    13. You're voting for former incarcerated persons to be treated with dignity and assisted to be proud and productive members of society when they return.
    14. You're voting for everyone to be able to adopt a child without a lot of red tape.
    15. You're voting for Dreamers.
    16. You're voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire...and in your children's future.
    17. You're voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
    18. You're voting for rural hospitals.
    19. You're voting so that everyone can have access to affordable health insurance.
    20. You're voting for teaching to be treated like the noble profession that it is and for teachers to be paid like the heroes they are.
    21. You're voting to have a President who doesn't embarrass this country every time he attends an international meeting.
    22. And you're voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
    23. You're voting for sensible gun laws.
    24. You're voting for children born to Military Troops overseas to still be counted as US citizens.
    25. You’re voting to curb homelessness and find solutions to affordable housing.
    26. You’re voting to take measures to end the racial asset and wealth disparities.
    27. You're voting to defend women's reproductive rights and a woman's right to make all health related decisions regarding her body.
    28. You're voting to acknowledge the humanity and protect the safety of our family and friends in the LGBTQ+ community.
    29. You're voting to stop the normalization of white supremacy and dangerous bigotry in the mainstream.
    30. You're voting to rebuild a functional CDC to help prevent or eradicate dangerous pandemics like the coronavirus.
    31. You’re voting to defend the Post Office and protect the right to vote by mail.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Biden
    I'm voting for the right for media mail to arrive within a week of sending.  This is really pissing me off.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Biden
    You have to work much harder to find a reason to vote against Biden/Harris than to vote for them. Finding reasons to vote for them comes easy. Finding reasons not to...not so much.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Biden
    Don't start to worry until you see multiple, reputable, polls showing the same thing. This includes CNN's poll yesterday, and the ABC one today showing Biden still up double digits:

It has tightened slightly but Biden is still in better shape than any challenger in about 80 years. 

Also, I think this would be good news---even though the margin has decreased, Biden has maintained being over 50%. Actually increased about 1% since the Harris selection....
    i'll be the first to admit my historical knowledge when it comes to US elections is less than stellar. so what you are saying is good news. 

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    The lead is shrinking.  After the GOP convention, the writing will be on the wall.  The United States exists in the image of Donald Trump and it always will.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    The lead is shrinking.  After the GOP convention, the writing will be on the wall.  The United States exists in the image of Donald Trump and it always will.
    How can you possibly live in this country if you truly believe that?
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    are you constantly posting this "america is dead" stuff because you are worried about being terribly disappointed if it actually comes true?

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    are you constantly posting this "america is dead" stuff because you are worried about being terribly disappointed if it actually comes true?
    Maybe I am on social media too much butI believe with all my heart that Trump is beloved among white Americans.  I also am aware that he’s methodically moving us toward authoritarianism.  And I think a third of the country is ready for that, which is all it takes.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    How can you possibly live in this country if you truly believe that?
    I looked into getting out.  I’m in my 40s and while I am educated, I have no particular special skills.  Would have been outrageously expensive if even possible.
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Maybe I am on social media too much butI believe with all my heart that Trump is beloved among white Americans.  I also am aware that he’s methodically moving us toward authoritarianism.  And I think a third of the country is ready for that, which is all it takes.
    i find the opposite. i think he is way more hated than he is loved. we just need people to vote. all it takes to kick a conservative out of office is if more people vote, if that old adage is true. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    He only wins non college educated whites....otherwise he trails
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    In reality, the lead has been... remarkably steady for four whole months

www.myspace.com
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I don’t do social media, is this place social media? Lol
    I’ve been watching 538 and we are up a little this  week than the few previous weeks. That said, I’m worried. I wish the Dem convention was after the Gop. I’m worried.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    Biden
    Has anybody here actually been polled before for one of these presidential polls? I've been a registered voter, in two swing states (PA and FL), for almost 20 years and have never been polled once. And if anyone here has, how do they work? Are you asked simply Biden or Trump? Are you asked if you view one favorably/unfavorably? Were you asked by phone? By mail? Did someone knock on your door and ask you?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    Has anybody here actually been polled before for one of these presidential polls? I've been a registered voter, in two swing states (PA and FL), for almost 20 years and have never been polled once. And if anyone here has, how do they work? Are you asked simply Biden or Trump? Are you asked if you view one favorably/unfavorably? Were you asked by phone? By mail? Did someone knock on your door and ask you?
    Lived in Iowa.  Were phone calls.  Different kinds....some just "who" others asking about a specific candidate and "favorable/unfavorable"

hippiemom = goodness
  • Biden
    Lived in Iowa.  Were phone calls.  Different kinds....some just "who" others asking about a specific candidate and "favorable/unfavorable"

i am in MO. i still have a home phone because i am old. i get polled all the time, and it is just as cincy said. they usually ask about local races and ballot issues as well but it depends on who is doing the polling.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    I wonder if the rise of cell phones have changed exactly who gets polled. I recall my parents getting polled both during the Clinton/Dole and Bush/Gore elections. Of course, their house phone number was in the phone book like most people's were back then (and is still findable on the internet today because I just searched). But I don't have a house phone, and the cell phone number I've had since about 2004, either you know it or you don't. I can't imagine a pollster finding it and calling it to poll me. But maybe they can. I have no clue. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Information from Pew on how they generate phone numbers to call. It doesn't rely on known numbers or landlines, and apparently everyone has roughly a 1:154,000 chance of getting called for any particular poll. Scroll down a bit for the part on Collecting Survey Data.

https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/u-s-survey-research/frequently-asked-questions/
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Biden
    Information from Pew on how they generate phone numbers to call. It doesn't rely on known numbers or landlines, and apparently everyone has roughly a 1:154,000 chance of getting called for any particular poll. Scroll down a bit for the part on Collecting Survey Data.

https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/u-s-survey-research/frequently-asked-questions/
    Well that all pretty much answers my questions, and I figure that most other polling entities do it in a similar manner as Pew. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    I'm sitting this one out
    Who the hell answers their phone anymore?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Biden
    dankind said:
    Who the hell answers their phone anymore?
    Lonely and old people...