Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Who the hell answers their phone anymore?
    Lonely and old people...
    i am neither lonely nor old. 

but the people on the other end are usually one of the two. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Lonely and old people...

You answer your phone?  Here in the states, the TCPA rules are so laxly enforced, there's a 90% chance any call you get is spam.  No one answers unknown calls.
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Lonely and old people...

You answer your phone?  Here in the states, the TCPA rules are so laxly enforced, there's a 90% chance any call you get is spam.  No one answers unknown calls.
    unknown calls wasn't specified in the comment. no, i don't answer unknown numbers. 

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Lonely and old people...

unknown calls wasn't specified in the comment. no, i don't answer unknown numbers. 
    I've only been polled once and it didn't say Pew or anything on the ID, so I imagine they are unknown.  I do get a robot call from my rep a few times per month and her name is on the id
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Biden
    I’m becoming old but not lonely. Sometimes I have to answer calls from area code cause it could be anyone at my place of work or others cause they all have my number. So sometimes I get caught.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    Biden
    I call people all day long, dozens of people recruiting for COVID contact tracers.  I'm not surprised that people don't answer.  I'm more surprised that most people don't have a voicemail message, just "You have tried to reach 123-456-7890" instead of "This is Whomever, leave a message".  Maybe that makes me old?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Biden
    That singing of the national anthem to kick off the convention lowered my blood pressure about 20 points. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Biden
    Hi! said:
    That singing of the national anthem to kick off the convention lowered my blood pressure about 20 points. 
    Is that good or bad?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Biden
    dankind said:

Hello, Brian here.  How can I help you?
    Man on telephone with medicine Stock Photo - Alamy
    No, no, it says here "Do not attempt to drive or operate machinery while taking this drug."

Yes, that's right.

OK, fine, let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

Good evening.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Biden
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

No, no, it says here "Do not attempt to drive or operate machinery while taking this drug."

Yes, that's right.

Good evening.
    "No sir,  you should not eat the silicon packet in that box you opened. It says clearly 'Do Not Eat'".
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

Yes, that's right.

Good evening.

If I were the caller I would be more worried about all the letters sprinkled over me. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Biden
    that guy looks like mr dressup

www.headstonesband.com

Biden
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

Yes, that's right.

Good evening.

If I were the caller I would be more worried about all the letters sprinkled over me. 

I hear you!  I hate it when that happens.  They itch like hell!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    dankind said:

Yes, that's right.

Good evening.
    "No sir,  you should not eat the silicon packet in that box you opened. It says clearly 'Do Not Eat'".

Oh but they're so tasting, especially the ones that crunch!

Biden
    Unfortunately, due to our antiquated and seldom used TV set up, we were not able to watch the DNC this evening.  I've done some ready and have the gist of how it went, but I'd love to hear some responses from you folks here who caught it.  Thanks!

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Biden
    Hahaha

www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    Unfortunately, due to our antiquated and seldom used TV set up, we were not able to watch the DNC this evening.  I've done some ready and have the gist of how it went, but I'd love to hear some responses from you folks here who caught it.  Thanks!
    It was presented well....kind of boring but not drug out like the usual convention.  Kasich had a good spot....I just hope some repubs were watching him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Biden
    It was awkward at first. But I liked how the speeches were short and concise. Obama hit hers out of the park. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    Biden
    It will be interesting to see what Biden's bump is after this week....I don't feel like tRump will get a bump.   
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    It was awkward at first. But I liked how the speeches were short and concise. Obama hit hers out of the park. 

I wonder if Biden approached her at all about VP and if she were interested at all?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Biden
    i thought Michelle was fantastic. I only watched snippets of the convention because i thought it being virtual was kind of painful, but i watched Bernie and Michelle and I thought both were fantastic. It seems like the party, from the speeches/montages of speeches I saw, has really come together and the party believes in Joe and Kamala. I am excited to throw my support behind them.

I think if Joe wins, Michelle ends up with a cabinet position, and her hubby ends up on the supreme court. The Obamas are still wildly popular.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Biden
    i thought Michelle was fantastic. I only watched snippets of the convention because i thought it being virtual was kind of painful, but i watched Bernie and Michelle and I thought both were fantastic. It seems like the party, from the speeches/montages of speeches I saw, has really come together and the party believes in Joe and Kamala. I am excited to throw my support behind them.

I think if Joe wins, Michelle ends up with a cabinet position, and her hubby ends up on the supreme court. The Obamas are still wildly popular.
    I don't know. she said in her speech yesterday "I hate politics". doesn't exactly scream "I want a job in the next admin". 

www.headstonesband.com

I can see the appeal of Obama on the Supreme Court, but it doesn’t seem like he’s even practicing law at this point. Perhaps it’s not a draw for him right now. 
    Biden

I can see the appeal of Obama on the Supreme Court, but it doesn’t seem like he’s even practicing law at this point. Perhaps it’s not a draw for him right now. 
    He may not even be barred.  Can you imagine Obama showing up to a class to earn his CLEs?  I think everything about the Obamas is sort of wishful thinking.  If I were in their shoes, getting back into that public life, including being a Justice, would not appeal to me at all.  
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    Biden

Yeah that'd be a tough sell for a someone to be appointed to the Supreme Court when he hasn't practiced law in so long (his license became inactive in 2007). Plus, would he even want the job? I know he's young and might have more to give, but a lifetime appointment? After serving as president of 8 years? I'd rather be on my own time if I was him. 

Here's some info, misconceptions, and fact-checks regarding Obama's law-career:
    https://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/the-obamas-law-licenses/
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    It was presented well....kind of boring but not drug out like the usual convention.  Kasich had a good spot....I just hope some repubs were watching him.
    I found it tough to watch.  Not because it was poorly done, etc, just cause the format of it didn't really work all that well for me.  I missed the crowds to be honest.  So I didn;t watch it all...only caught the early stuff and then some of Michelle's speech.  Likely doing the best they can, but I found it hard to engage.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Looks like Taft was the only former POTUS to go on to the supreme court, which is interesting, given that so many politicians come from law. Perhaps the two career paths are just so different that it would be a rare person who would be interested in both. 
    Biden

I don't know. she said in her speech yesterday "I hate politics". doesn't exactly scream "I want a job in the next admin". 
    Yeah I caught that part, but think she was just expressing frustration about the situation.  I do think she would consider it as the politics is the necessary evil to accomplish what she wants.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Biden
    you all are probably right about the obamas. why open yourself up to all of the bad parts of public life again?

just wait for the gop convention. they are having that family from STL that pulled the guns on the BLM protesters. seems like they are having everybody that got canceled be a guest of some kind.

imagine all the hatred that is going to come out of the mouths of the speakers there. it is going to be a complete 180 from this week.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14