Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,373
    edited August 2020
    Biden
     A Conversation with Heidi Heitkamp. Episode: https://www.podcastrepublic.net/episode/641387205. Media: https://rss.art19.com/episodes/922f20df-4537-463e-b9a0-118098798866.mp3. Sent from Podcast Republic.

about connecting with rural america

https://onecountryproject.com/

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Well, I cannot change my answer to the poll officially, but I am no longer sitting this one out. 

Voting for Kamala!
    I’ll trade ya poll selections. 
    Aren't you PA?
    Yeah, Joe lost a swing-vote. I'll be voting third party. Kamala was the deal-breaker for me. Rice, Warren, or whoever would've been fine, I guess.

Might as well just get this out of the way in one post, rather than hanging around here putting on a façade that I'll voting for Biden. I don't feel a voter is obligated to vote for anyone. Rather, I feel it's the obligation of the candidate to earn the voter's vote. And the Democrats in general, and Biden in particular, have done nothing to earn my vote (neither have Trump and the GOP for that matter). I know, to vote third-party in Pennsylvania is to the benefit of Trump. Well it's too bad that the system sucks and you can not vote for someone (I won't be voting for Trump) and it can still benefit that person. And really, despite the fact that I don't like the Democratic Party (or liberalism in general), and I think Biden is a walking corpse and puppet, I was still willing to vote for him, unless he picked Harris. 

So what's my beef with Harris you may ask. Well I don't like her grandstanding, her race-baiting, or the fact that she locked up so many people for marijuana offenses. I just in general don't like her. Now you might also ask, what about Trump? A simple search through my posts over the past two or so weeks will show that I've said on a few occasions that Trump is the worst president ever, which he is. I don't like him either. So I'm not going to vote for either. I didn't like John Kerry, but I voted for him because Bush was the worst president ever (or so I was told at the time). I didn't like Hillary, but I voted for her because Trump is Trump. I done with that stuff. I'm voting for candidates I like. I don't like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Donald Trump, or Mike Pence. And I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into voting for Biden based on Trump's historic awfulness. Though, I will feel a bit a guilt as I waste my vote on some third-party candidate or goofy write-in vote. But I'd rather feel guilty for wasting a vote than feel like a whore for voting for someone I dislike...again. 

Also, I don't think my Biden winning Texas prediction is going to pan-out now. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    Biden
    PJNB said:
    71%! Seems about right. He also said if the election was held today, his model would have his odds at 93%.  That just shows you how much time and how much uncertainty there is this year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,232
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    Well, I cannot change my answer to the poll officially, but I am no longer sitting this one out. 

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?
    Yeah, Joe lost a swing-vote. I'll be voting third party. Kamala was the deal-breaker for me. Rice, Warren, or whoever would've been fine, I guess.

Might as well just get this out of the way in one post, rather than hanging around here putting on a façade that I'll voting for Biden. I don't feel a voter is obligated to vote for anyone. Rather, I feel it's the obligation of the candidate to earn the voter's vote. And the Democrats in general, and Biden in particular, have done nothing to earn my vote (neither have Trump and the GOP for that matter). I know, to vote third-party in Pennsylvania is to the benefit of Trump. Well it's too bad that the system sucks and you can not vote for someone (I won't be voting for Trump) and it can still benefit that person. And really, despite the fact that I don't like the Democratic Party (or liberalism in general), and I think Biden is a walking corpse and puppet, I was still willing to vote for him, unless he picked Harris. 

So what's my beef with Harris you may ask. Well I don't like her grandstanding, her race-baiting, or the fact that she locked up so many people for marijuana offenses. I just in general don't like her. Now you might also ask, what about Trump? A simple search through my posts over the past two or so weeks will show that I've said on a few occasions that Trump is the worst president ever, which he is. I don't like him either. So I'm not going to vote for either. I didn't like John Kerry, but I voted for him because Bush was the worst president ever (or so I was told at the time). I didn't like Hillary, but I voted for her because Trump is Trump. I done with that stuff. I'm voting for candidates I like. I don't like Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Donald Trump, or Mike Pence. And I'm not going to be guilt-tripped into voting for Biden based on Trump's historic awfulness. Though, I will feel a bit a guilt as I waste my vote on some third-party candidate or goofy write-in vote. But I'd rather feel guilty for wasting a vote than feel like a whore for voting for someone I dislike...again. 

Which Of these policies do you disagree with? 

Also, Are you happy with the gop response to covid? Do you look at the current daily death totals, compare that with other modern countries, and say, this is a good record that I can live with? This is what will keep me and my family safe and alive?

Or are you judging candidates based on personality contest?
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

Also, Are you happy with the gop response to covid? Do you look at the current daily death totals, compare that with other modern countries, and say, this is a good record that I can live with? This is what will keep me and my family safe and alive?

And so begins the guilt-tripping. No, I'm not happy with the GOP response to Covid, so I'm not voting for any of them. 

As for the link you posted. I disagree on....

-Abolishing capital punishment. If someone commits first-degree murder, I'm fine with them receiving the death penalty.

-Ending cash bail. At least for violent offenses. Did you see the guy in NYC that was released and then shot two people the same day?

-Raising the minimum wage to $15. It's a nice thought. But we've been hearing that for years. How about being realistic about it and incrementally increase it? Maybe $12 and then go from there? It's never going to jump to $15 federally in a single bound.

-Reparations. I'm for putting more money into low-income black communities to help. I'm not for lump-sum reparation payments. 

-Two years free college. Another unrealistic stance. And hell, I paid back my loans. And it was hard.

-No penalties for illegally entering the country.

-Letting the states decide on marijuana legalization. I'd like it federally legal.

-Scrapping past marijuana convictions. I'm for it, but that's so funny considering that Harris put so many people away for it. 

-China. We should worry about China.

And yes, I probably disagree with much more of Trump's policy stances. So again, that's why I'm not voting for Trump. And I know, I know, I know, to vote third-party in a swing-state like PA is to the benefit of Trump. That's unfortunate. Oh well.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,815
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

And so begins the guilt-tripping. No, I'm not happy with the GOP response to Covid, so I'm not voting for any of them. 

-Abolishing capital punishment. If someone commits first-degree murder, I'm fine with them receiving the death penalty.

-Ending cash bail. At least for violent offenses. Did you see the guy in NYC that was released and then shot two people the same day?

-Raising the minimum wage to $15. It's a nice thought. But we've been hearing that for years. How about being realistic about it and incrementally increase it? Maybe $12 and then go from there? It's never going to jump to $15 federally in a single bound.

-Reparations. I'm for putting more money into low-income black communities to help. I'm not for lump-sum reparation payments. 

-Two years free college. Another unrealistic stance. And hell, I paid back my loans. And it was hard.

-Letting the states decide on marijuana legalization. I'd like it federally legal.

-Scrapping past marijuana convictions. I'm for it, but that's so funny considering that Harris put so many people away for it. 

And yes, I probably disagree with much more of Trump's policy stances. So again, that's why I'm not voting for Trump. And I know, I know, I know, to vote third-party in a swing-state like PA is to the benefit of Trump. That's unfortunate. Oh well.
    You're against her progressive policies, but you would have voted for Biden had he selected Warren?  It doesn't feel consistent to me.  The positions articulated above by Harris are ones would expect Warren to have herself
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

You're against her progressive policies, but you would have voted for Biden had he selected Warren?  It doesn't feel consistent to me.  The positions articulated above by Harris are ones would expect Warren to have herself
    The policy differences between a Biden/Harris-type and a Sanders/Warren-type don't really have much barring on it for me in this election. I was just answering the poster above when they asked what I think of those policies. It's simply that I don't just like Kamala Harris. That was the only deal-breaker for me. And I've said that for a while. Not here because I just hoped he wouldn't pick her and we wouldn't have even talk about her. But just the other day I was debating a Trump-lover who works where I work, and while I'm conservative, I made the case for why Trump is awful and I'd rather vote for Biden. But I ended it with saying "Unless he chooses Kamala Harris."

I don't really have much else to say on the subject. I know everything that's wrong with Donald Trump. I get it. And I understand why many independents or Republicans are willing to vote for a party they don't like and/or a candidate they are indifferent to in Biden. And I also understand why true democrats would have disdain for someone like me who would say "Fuck both candidates, I'm voting third party, and let he chips fall where they may." I get it. Trust me, I get it. But I'm just being honest. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,841
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything...
    ...but I always find things like the bold fascinating.  Why would you feel guilty?  I infer from this that it means you want Biden to win.  Most third-party voters will never admit to having a preference on who wins between the two candidates with a chance. But they often say things like this. Are you admitting you hope Biden wins but you just can't vote for him (and that's not a wrong answer and if you say "yes" I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. I don't have it in me spend effort on such things)?

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

The policy differences between a Biden/Harris-type and a Sanders/Warren-type don't really have much barring on it for me in this election. I was just answering the poster above when they asked what I think of those policies. It's simply that I don't just like Kamala Harris. That was the only deal-breaker for me. And I've said that for a while. Not here because I just hoped he wouldn't pick her and we wouldn't have even talk about her. But just the other day I was debating a Trump-lover who works where I work, and while I'm conservative, I made the case for why Trump is awful and I'd rather vote for Biden. But I ended it with saying "Unless he chooses Kamala Harris."

I don't really have much else to say on the subject. I know everything that's wrong with Donald Trump. I get it. And I understand why many independents or Republicans are willing to vote for a party they don't like and/or a candidate they are indifferent to in Biden. And I also understand why true democrats would have disdain for someone like me who would say "Fuck both candidates, I'm voting third party, and let he chips fall where they may." I get it. Trust me, I get it. But I'm just being honest. 
    so given all you know about trump and pence and their horrible records are you saying trump or pence are better candidates than harris? you would rather vote for the current shit show than the democrats just because harris is on the ticket?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,159
    Biden
    Reminds me of the Bernie bros that wouldn't vote for Clinton.  Ridiculous.

The race is between tRump and Biden.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    Biden
    Reminds me of the Bernie bros that wouldn't vote for Clinton.  Ridiculous.

The race is between tRump and Biden.  
    i voted for bernie in the primary. 

bernie is doing his best to get his people out to vote for biden.

what baffles me is how bernie voters refused to vote for hillary. i voted for bernie in 2016. when he directed his voters to vote for hillary i had no problem doing so. plus i hated trump so it was an easy decision.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

...but I always find things like the bold fascinating.  Why would you feel guilty?  I infer from this that it means you want Biden to win.  Most third-party voters will never admit to having a preference on who wins between the two candidates with a chance. But they often say things like this. Are you admitting you hope Biden wins but you just can't vote for him (and that's not a wrong answer and if you say "yes" I'm not going to try to convince you of anything. I don't have it in me spend effort on such things)?

This is the take I have on it too. I voted third part in '08 for kind of the same reason, because Sarah Palin was an abomination of a choice. But I felt fine with my choice because I was confident that neither Mccain nor Obama would steer the country further into the ground. In this case, he already has admitted that Trump is a terrible president. 

To go third part this time around, especially in a state that could end up determining the winner is mind blowing to me. I don't see this country recovering from a second term of Donald Trump. If @Ledbetterman10 can live with playing a role in the demise of our democracy, then have at it. 

I also don't understand his flip flopping on his Texas prediction. I never thought Biden would win there, but he did. And it seems it was all predicated on Biden choosing Warren, Rice, or Bass for his running mate? Really? Yeah, I dunno about that...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/08/12/republicans-struggle-to-find-consistent-line-of-attack-against-kamala-harris/#176961153403

Republicans Struggle To Find Consistent Line Of Attack Against Kamala Harris

The Trump campaign immediately responded to the pick on Tuesday with an ad claiming Harris “ran for president by rushing to the radical left” but that Democratic voters “rejected Harris. They smartly spotted a phony,” with a text from the campaign branding her “Phony Kamala” and claiming Biden “isn’t smart enough to see her lies.”

But that line of attack was contradicted by Trump hours later at a briefing in which he cast Harris as a leftist through and through, asserting she is “very big into raising taxes and “in favor of socialized medicine,” declaring that Harris is “about the most liberal person in the U.S. Senate.”

Trump also called Harris’ comments about Biden in a Democratic debate in July – in which she confronted him about his stance on busing and work with segregationist senators – “very very nasty” and “disrespectful,” before tweeting an ad quoting those remarks as proof that Biden “has a racism problem.”

Trump appeared on Fox News’ Hannity later Tuesday, reiterating his belief that Harris said “horrible things” about Biden, which came after conservative host Sean Hannity expressed agreement with Harris’ remarks about the former vice president earlier in the program.

After the Trump campaign spokesperson Katrina Pierson accused Harris of trying to “bury her record as a prosecutor in order to appease the anti-police extremists controlling the Democrat Party,” the Republican Party sent out an email highlighting left-wing attacks on Harris’ prosecutorial record as overly aggressive.

“Liberals revolt against Biden, Harris ticket,” wrote GOP spokesperson Steve Guest, adding “the honeymoon is over,” and citing tweets from leftists who slammed Harris as a “top cop” and Biden as the author of the “Joe Biden crime bill.”

CRUCIAL QUOTE

Pierson and Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) even contradicted each other in the same call with reporters. While Blackburn claimed Harris is “not going to be tough on hardened criminals," Pierson attacked her “abysmal” record as a district attorney and state attorney general as overzealous. “She fought to keep inmates locked up in overcrowded prisons… she championed laws that put parents in jail for truancy and prosecuted the mentally ill,” Pierson claimed, stating “as an African-American woman, we welcome Kamala Harris to the race.”

CHIEF CRITIC

“According to the Trump team: Biden is both the greatest debater ever to live and afraid of debating. Harris is both the most liberal Senator and alienating liberals,” tweeted Josh Schwerin, a strategist at PrioritiesUSA, a liberal super PAC. “The Trump team is really lost right now,” he added.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR

The Trump campaign has scarce time to calibrate their attacks on Harris, though they had ample time to prepare. Trump settled on a consistent framing for Biden in June and July, casting him in dystopian attacks as a tool of the “radical left” who will “destroy your neighborhood” and lead to higher crime and lower economic prosperity. Despite all this, Biden maintains a commanding lead over Trump, suggesting even a consistent line of attack on Harris may fail to break through.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,165
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

You really going to make your pick based on the VP?

This is as clear an election as there has ever been.  You either vote Biden or you are ok with the disaster that is Trump.  You are ok with Russian interference.  You are ok with Russians putting bounties on American soldiers.  You are ok with race baiting.  You are ok with 160,000 and climbing dead.

This isn't an election about policy differences.  It's an election about decency, morals, and true America first over a narcissist out only for himself. 

Please re-think your vote.  If it was simply policy differences, I think voting 3rd party is ok, but still not advised.  But this is much, much more than this.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

You really going to make your pick based on the VP?

This is as clear an election as there has ever been.  You either vote Biden or you are ok with the disaster that is Trump.  You are ok with Russian interference.  You are ok with Russians putting bounties on American soldiers.  You are ok with race baiting.  You are ok with 160,000 and climbing dead.

This isn't an election about policy differences.  It's an election about decency, morals, and true America first over a narcissist out only for himself. 

Please re-think your vote.  If it was simply policy differences, I think voting 3rd party is ok, but still not advised.  But this is much, much more than this.
    ^This. All of this.

I'd vote for my 5 year old nephew over Trump.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,994
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

I appreciate your honesty but you never had me fooled, thus I'm not surprised. Vote 3rd party or whoever you like, leave the POTUS box blank. It's 'Murica after all.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

This is the take I have on it too. I voted third part in '08 for kind of the same reason, because Sarah Palin was an abomination of a choice. But I felt fine with my choice because I was confident that neither Mccain nor Obama would not steer the country further into the ground. He already has admitted that Trump is a terrible president. 

To go third part this time around, especially in a state that could end up determining the winner is mind blowing to me. I don't see this country recovering from a second term of Donald Trump. If @Ledbetterman10 can live with playing a role in the demise of our democracy, then have at it. 

I also don't understand his flip flopping on his Texas prediction. I never thought Biden would win there, but he did. And it seems it was all predicated on Biden choosing Warren, Rice, or Bass for his running mate? Really? Yeah, I dunno about that...
    Well I sent this in a PM to OnWis97 because I wanted to answer his question, but be done with this thread so I don't keep getting the same sort of responses over and over and over in this thread, but hell, since ya tagged me, I'll just copy and paste by message to him after he asked if I admit I want Biden to win. I said to him....

"To a degree, yes. I know Donald Trump is corrupt, immoral, and beholden to nobody but himself. I'm not stupid. And it's not that "can't" vote for Biden. I just don't want to. I didn't want to vote for him anyway but my dislike of Harris put it over the top. I believe you should vote for whoever you want to vote for, and vote for that person for whatever reason you want. I'm conservative so Trump's awfulness is the only reason I entertain voting for the democrats. I actually did vote for Hillary because I felt she could do the job. Biden though really does seem like a walking corpse at this point and, in my opinion, will only be president in title. The influence that not only Harris, but far-left influencers can have on him isn't to my liking. Especially after watching how democratic-led major cities have been run over the past few years. I'm not sure I want to see that on a federal level. That's not enough to get me to vote for Trump, but it's enough for me to not vote for Biden."

And I think Harris will hurt him in Texas. That's why I'm flipping my prediction. And what you mean "
    I never thought Biden would win there, but he did." He did? I know you LOVE polls, but him leading right now in the polls isn't the same as him winning. Don't go getting ahead of yourself, folks. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

I appreciate your honesty but you never had me fooled, thus I'm not surprised. Vote 3rd party or whoever you like, leave the POTUS box blank. It's 'Murica after all.
    I appreciate your appreciation. I knew posting this on this board would be a opening a can of shit and pouring it on myself. But I am being honest.

And I did vote for Hillary. I really did. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

This is the take I have on it too. I voted third part in '08 for kind of the same reason, because Sarah Palin was an abomination of a choice. But I felt fine with my choice because I was confident that neither Mccain nor Obama would not steer the country further into the ground. He already has admitted that Trump is a terrible president. 

Well I sent this in a PM to OnWis97 because I wanted to answer his question, but be done with this thread so I don't keep getting the same sort of responses over and over and over in this thread, but hell, since ya tagged me, I'll just copy and paste by message to him after he asked if I admit I want Biden to win. I said to him....

"To a degree, yes. I know Donald Trump is corrupt, immoral, and beholden to nobody but himself. I'm not stupid. And it's not that "can't" vote for Biden. I just don't want to. I didn't want to vote for him anyway but my dislike of Harris put it over the top. I believe you should vote for whoever you want to vote for, and vote for that person for whatever reason you want. I'm conservative so Trump's awfulness is the only reason I entertain voting for the democrats. I actually did vote for Hillary because I felt she could do the job. Biden though really does seem like a walking corpse at this point and, in my opinion, will only be president in title. The influence that not only Harris, but far-left influencers can have on him isn't to my liking. Especially after watching how democratic-led major cities have been run over the past few years. I'm not sure I want to see that on a federal level. That's not enough to get me to vote for Trump, but it's enough for me to not vote for Biden."

And I think Harris will hurt him in Texas. That's why I'm flipping my prediction. And what you mean "I never thought Biden would win there, but he did." He did? I know you LOVE polls, but him leading right now in the polls isn't the same as him winning. Don't go getting ahead of yourself, folks. 
    "He did" meaning YOU did think he would win. I don't and never did. He's not winning Texas with or without Harris. And none of the other VP options would've made a difference either way. Biden's actually not leading there anyway. 538 gives Trump a 71% of winning:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/texas/

Your vote, your choice. Like I said, as long as you're cool with doing your part with electing Trump, then you're the one who has to live with it. Good luck with allll that!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

I appreciate your appreciation. I knew posting this on this board would be a opening a can of shit and pouring it on myself. But I am being honest.

Which makes not voting for Biden make even less sense

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,997
    Biden
    Kamala being put forth as a reason why someone won't now vote for Biden is a great example of why I believe many "undecided" voters are full of it. Many know exactly what they are or are not going to do, they just haven't settled on a proper justification for it. Not being willing to admit how one is going to vote doesn't make one an undecided voter.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

And I think Harris will hurt him in Texas. That's why I'm flipping my prediction. And what you mean "I never thought Biden would win there, but he did." He did? I know you LOVE polls, but him leading right now in the polls isn't the same as him winning. Don't go getting ahead of yourself, folks. 
    "He did" meaning YOU did think he would win. I don't and never did. He's not winning Texas with or without Harris. And none of the other VP options would've made a difference either way.

Your vote, your choice. Like I said, as long as you're cool with doing your part with electing Trump, then you're the one who has to live with it. Good luck with allll that!
    Oh I got ya. Yeah I thought he could win Texas.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

"He did" meaning YOU did think he would win. I don't and never did. He's not winning Texas with or without Harris. And none of the other VP options would've made a difference either way.

I edited my post after you responded. Biden's not actually leading Texas right now anyway:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    I have a feeling the Kamala pick increases the odds of them replacing Pence....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

Which makes not voting for Biden make even less sense
    Well Hillary was smart and very capable of leading. Biden is a shell of himself. No way he'll be actually in charge. 

And yes, I know, Trump is also incapable of leading. That's why I'm not voting for him. And yes, I know what the means so you don't have to give me the third-party voting explanation. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    I have a feeling the Kamala pick increases the odds of them replacing Pence....
    yeah....I wouldn't be surprised if Pence learns about it by tweet too

• Options
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    Kamala being put forth as a reason why someone won't now vote for Biden is a great example of why I believe many "undecided" voters are full of it. Many know exactly what they are or are not going to do, they just haven't settled on a proper justification for it. Not being willing to admit how one is going to vote doesn't make one an undecided voter.
    Well you can think whatever you want, man. I'm a conservative that only entertains voting for the democrat cause Trump sucks. Biden is a washed-up fool that I didn't want to vote for, but I would've sucked it up if not for Kamala Harris. I don't like her. And if Biden (who will likely win) dies or resigns, I'm not going to like Harris being President. So fuck off with your "not settling on a proper justification for it" bullshit. The only justification I had (and many people have) for considering voting for Biden in the first place is he's not Trump. So it wasn't hard to lose my vote by picking the only person he could've picked that would've lost it. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Voting for Kamala!
    Aren't you PA?

I edited my post after you responded. Biden's not actually leading Texas right now anyway:
    In full disclosure (which I'm doing too much of today), I did check a poll and see that Trump had taken a lead before I changed my prediction. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Biden
    JimmyV said:
    Well you can think whatever you want, man. I'm a conservative that only entertains voting for the democrat cause Trump sucks. Biden is a washed-up fool that I didn't want to vote for, but I would've sucked it up if not for Kamala Harris. I don't like her. And if Biden (who will likely win) dies or resigns, I'm not going to like Harris being President. So fuck off with your "not settling on a proper justification for it" bullshit. The only justification I had (and many people have) for considering voting for Biden in the first place is he's not Trump. So it wasn't hard to lose my vote by picking the only person he could've picked that would've lost it. 
    But Harris is not as liberal as some of the other women who were considered. That's what is odd about your reasoning.

Warren or Bass are a lot more liberal than her, I believe. It does seem like personality is playing more of a choice here....
    chinese-happy.jpg