Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• radarradar Posts: 766
    Quebec arena posted the goal is to have it rebooked in 2020.
    October or November I guess?
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    MC185899 said:
    and how about this one:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
    He’s taken it seriously....he’s just botched some of the messaging along the way.  It took Barack Obama until October of 2009 to declare Swine Flu a National Health Emergency.

It began in April of ‘09 but Obama waited until 20,000 people in the US had been hospitalized & 1,000+ had died.  I don’t recall the media freakout about that one, do you?
    Try google before posting inaccurate info. National Health Emergency was declared in April 2009. https://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/world/27flu.html
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Ute LewUte Lew West Point, UT Posts: 127
    my plane tickets expire 12-31-20, hoping for a reschedule this year. 
    • SLC   11/1/95 
    • SLC   11/2/95
    • PC   06/21/98 
    • LV    07/11/98
    • LV    10/22/00
    • MV   10/20/01
    • MV   10/21/01
    • MV   06/01/03
    • IR     06/02/03
    • IR     06/03/03
    • SD   06/05/03
    • LV    06/06/03
    • DN   07/02/06
    • DN   07/03/06
    • LV    07/06/06
    • SD   07/07/06
    • LA    07/09/06
    • LA    07/10/06
    • SLC  09/28/09
    • LA    10/07/09
    • SD    10/09/09
    • BOS 08/07/16
    • MON 08/13/18
    • PHX  05/09/22
    • LV     05/20/22 (Canceled: Fuck you Covid)
  • MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    edited March 2020
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT
    ! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    No Jimmy.  The Band(er...Eddie) made this a political issue.  And for no reason.  This administration stopped travel with China months ago when they were roundly mocked for it. This probably saved many lives in the process.  There is no playbook for an outbreak like this.   I think our government has done pretty well considering all the variables involved.   
    And you are free to think that. They are free to watch the bizarre statements our President continues to make and conclude exactly what was stated in the letter. It was a political issue long before yesterday and immediately rushing in to defend your tribe contributes to that. 
    I don’t think it was political(and never should have been political).  Nothing was going to stop this thing from spreading as long as people were traveling all over the world on planes, cruises etc....  The political party in charge wasn’t going to change any of that.  Not to mention that China was slow to report the truth.  This thing could have been here months ago for all we know.  But blame our politicians for that.  Don’t blame China for trying to keep it under wraps.  👍🏻 
    If you don't think this was political before yesterday then you either haven't been paying attention or are simply not being honest. Again, defending your tribe from any and all criticisms contributes to politicization. 
    It definitely IS political.  It just didn’t need to be.  Politicizing it doesn’t help make anyone safer.  We should all be coming together to help get through it.  Not sniping at the President in order to score political points.  
    it's not scoring political points. it's calling it as they see it. he's a fucking idiot that is doing nothing but hurting this effort. he is spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about a real fucking threat to his 30M followers, many of whom believe every turd that drops out of his mouth. 
    No.  He’s not spreading misinformation.  He’s doing the best he can in a situation that nobody saw coming. How about giving him credit for stopping travel with China when most were mocking that decision?  He saved countless lives with that move.  He’s not trying to misinform anyone.  That’s pure spin. 
    the dude literally posts that the coronavirus is a dem hoax and you call that spin?
    See.  He did NOT say that.  He said his supposed failure to react properly is a new hoax along the lines of Russia and the Ukraine. 

Think about it: if he thought it was a hoax why did he shut travel down with China months ago?  That doesn’t sound like the actions of someone facing a “hoax”.  Don’t be so easily manipulated, man. 
    direct quote from a recent rally. 

“One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it.’ They tried the impeachment hoax,” said Trump. “And this is their new hoax.”

haha, yeah, I'm the one being manipulated. LOL
    He’s not calling the virus itself a hoax.  Why would he react to a hoax so strongly and appoint a task force to address a hoax?   That doesn’t make any sense. 
    Post edited by MC185899 on
    nicknyr15 said:
    We have enough threads about trump. Can we discuss the postponement and possible rescheduling please. 
    Yes. The tour has been postponed.  Hopefully they will reschedule.  
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:
    You guys need to understand that Trump is not that bad.  We all just have TDS.  We exaggerate everything about him, and make it look like he's an abject fucking buffoon circus clown with a bunch of followers with an average IQ of 7 that think everything he says is the truth....even if it's clearly and provably false.

It's not that big of a deal that the President speaks at a 5 year old level, while lying or completely making up literally everything that he says, to 1/3 of the country that eats it up with a spoon.

Get a damn grip already. 
    Best economy in 50+ years and lowest unemployment ever.  These things used to matter.  

“But he tweeted something mean!!”
    The fact that you think Donald Trump....the orange moron that cannot spell the simplest words and Randomly Capitalizes Words! and "uses random quotes" for no reason whatsoever is responsible for the economy is the funniest shit anything you guys on the other side ever say.

If you wanna say the apparatus that he is the face of has made certain decisions and implemented certain programs and policies that you agree with, and they have had certain impacts you like we can talk.

As soon as anyone tells me they think that this man....Donald Trump himself....is personally responsible for anything I tune them out.

I'll bet you $1,000 he doesn't even know how to check goddamn email.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:
    You guys need to understand that Trump is not that bad.  We all just have TDS.  We exaggerate everything about him, and make it look like he's an abject fucking buffoon circus clown with a bunch of followers with an average IQ of 7 that think everything he says is the truth....even if it's clearly and provably false.

It's not that big of a deal that the President speaks at a 5 year old level, while lying or completely making up literally everything that he says, to 1/3 of the country that eats it up with a spoon.

Get a damn grip already. 
    Best economy in 50+ years and lowest unemployment ever.  These things used to matter.  

The fact that you think Donald Trump....the orange moron that cannot spell the simplest words and Randomly Capitalizes Words! and "uses random quotes" for no reason whatsoever is responsible for the economy is the funnest shit anything you guys on the other side ever say.

If you wanna say the apparatus that he is the face of has made certain decisions and implemented certain programs and policies that you agree with, and they have had certain impacts you like we can talk.

As soon as anyone tells me they think that this man....Donald Trump himself....is personally responsible for anything I tune them out.

Who cares if he knows how to check e-mail??  That’s your barometer for a good politician?  YIKES. 

This incredible economy has all happened on his watch, like it or not.  You can’t give him credit for anything, so what’s the point of trying to discuss it with you?  You are completely irrational on the topic. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    Random (yet important) facts:  The average age of death from COVID-19 is 80.  The average age of death in the world is 72.6.  Italy has the oldest population in Europe.  
    Here are the stats in Washington State currently (https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus):

0 to 19 years2%
    20 to 29 years5%
    30 to 39 years10%
    40 to 49 years13%
    50 to 59 years15%
    60 to 69 years21%
    70 to 79 years15%
    80+ years19%
    Aren't these the percentages of who contracted the virus?  I did hear about the young Wuhan doctor dying...but I suspect foul play.  Suffice it to say, most of the deaths are from that 70 and up demographic.  And just our luck, the heart of the American outbreak is tied to nursing homes in WA, hence ground zero for the hysteria is in Pearl Jam's backyard.  Of course I wish our elders well, but I just don't understand why the panic button was pressed when most of our population will be just fine even if they contract it.  Better safe than sorry I guess...but if this is something more sinister (a viral attack from China to at the very least cripple our economy), well, they are winning.
    Yes, those are stats for who is contracting it. I haven't seen the breakdown of age demographics of the 20 deaths, and most of them are older, as this happened in a nursing home. But one of the deaths was a mid-50's guy with underlying health conditions who happened to visit his mother there the day before the facility finally realized what they had and stopped allowing visitors. So we know that it will not restrict itself to 80 year olds. And remember, we don't know what underlying health concerns various members of the band may have. We also know that the band members are probably hesitant to contract this and risk passing it along to older loved ones. My point here is that transmission is indiscriminate and the effort right now is to slow transfer or spread. I don't think PJ are panicked that they might die from it. But they are rightfully concerned that large gatherings are exactly what we trying to avoid at this point to minimize that rapid spread and reduce loss of life.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,067

Bring these back!!
    I agree!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

The fact that you think Donald Trump....the orange moron that cannot spell the simplest words and Randomly Capitalizes Words! and "uses random quotes" for no reason whatsoever is responsible for the economy is the funnest shit anything you guys on the other side ever say.

Who cares if he knows how to check e-mail??  That’s your barometer for a good politician?  YIKES. 

This incredible economy has all happened on his watch, like it or not.  You can’t give him credit for anything, so what’s the point of trying to discuss it with you?  You are completely irrational on the topic. 
    I give him credit for knowing how to speak to the simplest, common people in society and have them think he is an intelligent, savvy, NYC business man when in fact he is a Walmart discount rack shopper simpleton blithering idiot in a shitty tailored $3k suit.
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

Does Obama not exist in this history?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    estarr31 said:
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

The real Obama or the boogieman Fox Obama? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    estarr31 said:
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

Remember when Donald Trump started a movement to discredit Obama and try and convince complete idiots that he wasn't a natural born US citizen...and continued to do so even after he released his birth certificate to prove otherwise?

I do.
  • patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 338
    TDS is not a hoax. 
  • ChoskaChoska Posts: 116
    jeffbr said:
    Random (yet important) facts:  The average age of death from COVID-19 is 80.  The average age of death in the world is 72.6.  Italy has the oldest population in Europe.  
    Here are the stats in Washington State currently (https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus):

0 to 19 years2%
    20 to 29 years5%
    30 to 39 years10%
    40 to 49 years13%
    50 to 59 years15%
    60 to 69 years21%
    70 to 79 years15%
    80+ years19%
    Aren't these the percentages of who contracted the virus?  I did hear about the young Wuhan doctor dying...but I suspect foul play.  Suffice it to say, most of the deaths are from that 70 and up demographic.  And just our luck, the heart of the American outbreak is tied to nursing homes in WA, hence ground zero for the hysteria is in Pearl Jam's backyard.  Of course I wish our elders well, but I just don't understand why the panic button was pressed when most of our population will be just fine even if they contract it.  Better safe than sorry I guess...but if this is something more sinister (a viral attack from China to at the very least cripple our economy), well, they are winning.
    You think the young Wuhan doctor dying might be foul play. (What about the other health care providers who have died? Also foul play?) You also insinuate that the virus might be an attack from China to cripple our economy. (What about their own economy? Or the economies in Italy, Japan, Korea, etc.?) 

That's *two* conspiracy theories you are promoting, yet you discount the danger the virus poses for people over the age of 60 and those with poor underlying health. What is happening in the nursing home isn't "hysteria" to the people with parents and grandparents in that home where the infection rate looks to be near 100% and the fatality rate is growing daily. 

You need to check yourself because you are believing and promoting things that are provably untrue, while disregarding things that are provably true. Spreading bullshit is dangerous. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

You guys need to understand that even though Trump may have some worts and imperfections, says some stuff he shouldn't, and may not be perfect, he is Making America Great Again, so you just gotta kinda take the good with the bad....

Whereas Obama, with all his slick, intelligent, pragmatic, thoughtful, elitist bullshit was just a socialist, possibly Nigerian, threat to us all that needed to be stopped at all costs.

I mean, it makes so much sense when you really think about it.
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

I give him credit for knowing how to speak to the simplest, common people in society and have them think he is an intelligent, savvy, NYC business man when in fact he is a Walmart discount rack shopper simpleton blithering idiot in a shitty tailored $3k suit.
    So Eddie should love him, right?  Uneducated old white men are his key demo.  

P.S.  Your degree in Sociology doesn’t make you any better than anyone else.  It just means you have more student loan debt than most. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    You guys need to understand that even though Trump may have some worts and imperfections, says some stuff he shouldn't, and may not be perfect, he is Making America Great Again, so you just gotta kinda take the good with the bad....

Whereas Obama, with all his slick, intelligent, pragmatic, thoughtful, elitist bullshit was just a socialist, possibly Nigerian, threat to us all that needed to be stopped at all costs.

I don't think Trump is as good as you make him out to be.

I don't think Obama is as bad as you make him out to be.

They both fall somewhere in the middle...when you really think about it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    estarr31 said:
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

Remember when Donald Trump started a movement to discredit Obama and try and convince complete idiots that he wasn't a natural born US citizen...and continued to do so even after he released his birth certificate to prove otherwise?

I do.
    Actually, Hillary Clinton and her staff started that one when she and Obama were going head-to-head for the nomination.  Trump certainly parroted it, but he didn’t start it. 
    edited March 2020
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    estarr31 said:
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

I do.
    Actually, Hillary Clinton and her staff started that one when she and Obama were going head-to-head for the nomination.  Trump certainly parroted it, but he didn’t start it. 
    You're right that it didn't start with Trump. But if I recall correctly, it started among Hillary's supporters in 2008, not her or her staff. I could be wrong though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Saltzy23 said:

Obama is practically a Conservative by today’s standards.  He deported more illegals than anyone and was in favor of securing our border.  He was also the first to keep kids in cages and kill hundreds with drone strikes.  But he was a smooth speaker....no doubt about it. 
    Debating Obama's record, delving into HRC and birtherism, it's all deflection away from Trump. 

MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    JimmyV said:
    estarr31 said:
    MC185899 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MC185899 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

I do.
    You're right that it didn't start with Trump. But if I recall correctly, it started among Hillary's supporters in 2008, not her or her staff. I could be wrong though. 
    Hillary likes to play dirty.  That one has her fingerprints all over it(although it could have come from her supporters).   It was definitely used as a means to defeat Obama in 2008, but it fell short...as she always does.  
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,067
    Saltzy23 said:

D'oh!!  I see what ya did there
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 70
    I'm sad for the people who are out hotel/air.. hope it works out for you after phone calls and emails.

As far as the posts on here.. reminds me of a PJ show not so long ago.

I was super early to the Dallas in Nov '14 and all the pit people around me were nice and cordial up to about the 50th guy.  The 50th guy walked past everyone who had civility and who had put their 49 names down on a make-shift list.  He walked right up to the door, and because the creep was 7' tall, he refused to move.  He was going to get in first and there was nothing anyone could do about it.  If you aren't aware, there are PJ fans who are this guy.  It's not the end of the world, they are everywhere.  If you are this 7' tall 50th guy, Fuck you.  The 49 of us were doing fine without you.
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:

I mean, one is a well spoken Harvard graduate that independently worked himself up from community organizer, to Senator, and eventually to a 2 term 1st black POTUS ever and the other is a complete buffoon that was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple, has repeatedly ran businesses into the ground and into bankruptcy, (including casinos, which is hard to even do), and has been accused of lying, defrauding and conning people basically his entire life....OH, and has also been accused of sexual harassment by a litany of women and was actually recorded saying it's OK to grab them by the pussy....

But yeah, they are basically the same person when you think about it.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JimmyV said:
    Debating Obama's record, delving into HRC and birtherism, it's all deflection away from Trump. 
    Why are we talking about Trump anyways? He has nothing to do with Pearl Jam postponing their tour.
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I mean, one is a well spoken Harvard graduate that independently worked himself up from community organizer, to Senator, and eventually to a 2 term POTUS and the other is a complete buffoon that was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple, has repeatedly ran businesses into the ground and into bankruptcy, (including casinos, which is hard to even do), and has been accused of lying, defrauding and conning people basically his entire life....OH, and has also been accused of sexual harassment by a litany of women and was actually recorded saying it's OK to grab them by the pussy....

But yeah, they are basically the same person when you think about it.
    Oh. I see. You were being sarcastic. You don't really think Trump is good. And you don't really think Obama is bad. Very funny.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    JB16057 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Why are we talking about Trump anyways? He has nothing to do with Pearl Jam postponing their tour.
    Because Ed pointed out the band's legitimate concerns regarding the government's ability to handle this crisis, and that triggered Trump fans and fellow travellers to rise up in his defense. There can be no criticism of a deity, you see. 

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    TDS is not a hoax. 
    Correct. I suffer from a mild case of it.
    Also not a hoax:
    Russian meddling in 2016 Elections
    Russian meddling in 2020 Elections
    Obstruction of Justice
    Coronovirus
    Violation of Emoluments Clause
    Disproportionate Time Spent Golfing at Trump Properties
    Crisis in Leadership amidst COVID-19 Outbreak

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.