• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    No Jimmy.  The Band(er...Eddie) made this a political issue.  And for no reason.  This administration stopped travel with China months ago when they were roundly mocked for it. This probably saved many lives in the process.  There is no playbook for an outbreak like this.   I think our government has done pretty well considering all the variables involved.   
    And you are free to think that. They are free to watch the bizarre statements our President continues to make and conclude exactly what was stated in the letter. It was a political issue long before yesterday and immediately rushing in to defend your tribe contributes to that. 
    I don’t think it was political(and never should have been political).  Nothing was going to stop this thing from spreading as long as people were traveling all over the world on planes, cruises etc....  The political party in charge wasn’t going to change any of that.  Not to mention that China was slow to report the truth.  This thing could have been here months ago for all we know.  But blame our politicians for that.  Don’t blame China for trying to keep it under wraps.  👍🏻 
    If you don't think this was political before yesterday then you either haven't been paying attention or are simply not being honest. Again, defending your tribe from any and all criticisms contributes to politicization. 
    It definitely IS political.  It just didn’t need to be.  Politicizing it doesn’t help make anyone safer.  We should all be coming together to help get through it.  Not sniping at the President in order to score political points.  
    it's not scoring political points. it's calling it as they see it. he's a fucking idiot that is doing nothing but hurting this effort. he is spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about a real fucking threat to his 30M followers, many of whom believe every turd that drops out of his mouth. 
    No.  He’s not spreading misinformation.  He’s doing the best he can in a situation that nobody saw coming. How about giving him credit for stopping travel with China when most were mocking that decision?  He saved countless lives with that move.  He’s not trying to misinform anyone.  That’s pure spin. 
    This is Trump:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    and how about this one:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjalive21 said:
    Way to be a bunch of cowards...this band has become a joke...why didnt you cancel shows when the common flu was killing people...this band is an embarassment

my dad is an actual doctor and said this is a freaking joke
    Proving having intelligent parents is no guarantee.
    Don't feel bad my dad could pull an engine out of a car in the garage and I can barely change the oil . Haha😎🤔✌

I'm half busting your balls. 
    I think you need to look at it from 30000 ft instead  of 10. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    No Jimmy.  The Band(er...Eddie) made this a political issue.  And for no reason.  This administration stopped travel with China months ago when they were roundly mocked for it. This probably saved many lives in the process.  There is no playbook for an outbreak like this.   I think our government has done pretty well considering all the variables involved.   
    And you are free to think that. They are free to watch the bizarre statements our President continues to make and conclude exactly what was stated in the letter. It was a political issue long before yesterday and immediately rushing in to defend your tribe contributes to that. 
    I don’t think it was political(and never should have been political).  Nothing was going to stop this thing from spreading as long as people were traveling all over the world on planes, cruises etc....  The political party in charge wasn’t going to change any of that.  Not to mention that China was slow to report the truth.  This thing could have been here months ago for all we know.  But blame our politicians for that.  Don’t blame China for trying to keep it under wraps.  👍🏻 
    If you don't think this was political before yesterday then you either haven't been paying attention or are simply not being honest. Again, defending your tribe from any and all criticisms contributes to politicization. 
    It definitely IS political.  It just didn’t need to be.  Politicizing it doesn’t help make anyone safer.  We should all be coming together to help get through it.  Not sniping at the President in order to score political points.  
    it's not scoring political points. it's calling it as they see it. he's a fucking idiot that is doing nothing but hurting this effort. he is spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about a real fucking threat to his 30M followers, many of whom believe every turd that drops out of his mouth. 
    No.  He’s not spreading misinformation.  He’s doing the best he can in a situation that nobody saw coming. How about giving him credit for stopping travel with China when most were mocking that decision?  He saved countless lives with that move.  He’s not trying to misinform anyone.  That’s pure spin. 
    That's complete nonsense. From the fragmented messages, to the contradictory messages, to bad advice (go to work when you're sick), to getting rid of experts who deal with epidemics and pandemics, to our unwillingness to receive help and test kits early on from WHO and Germany, to the lies about the availability of tests, to focus on the markets and not on health, to flying to golf courses in the middle of this thing, to contact with people who have had known contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases and not showing concern. All of these things highlight a man who is not providing adequate leadership, setting a proper example, or conveying critical information in a consistent way. You are allowed to like that guy, but to claim that he's been providing leadership is unbelievable and ignorant. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    That's complete nonsense. From the fragmented messages, to the contradictory messages, to bad advice (go to work when you're sick), to getting rid of experts who deal with epidemics and pandemics, to our unwillingness to receive help and test kits early on from WHO and Germany, to the lies about the availability of tests, to focus on the markets and not on health, to flying to golf courses in the middle of this thing, to contact with people who have had known contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases and not showing concern. All of these things highlight a man who is not providing adequate leadership, setting a proper example, or conveying critical information in a consistent way. You are allowed to like that guy, but to claim that he's been providing leadership is unbelievable and ignorant. 
    100%
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    jeffbr said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Well said

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    edited March 2020
    jeffbr said:
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:

100% this

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    You guys need to understand that Trump is not that bad.  We all just have TDS.  We exaggerate everything about him, and make it look like he's an abject fucking buffoon circus clown with a bunch of followers with an average IQ of 7 that think everything he says is the truth....even if it's clearly and provably false.

It's not that big of a deal that the President speaks at a 5 year old level, while lying or completely making up literally everything that he says, to 1/3 of the country that eats it up with a spoon.

Get a damn grip already. 
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    and how about this one:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
    Explain?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    and how about this one:

Explain?
    it's something trump tweeted. he is deliberately downplaying the virus, because he didn't want the markets to crash. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Saltzy23 said:
    You guys need to understand that Trump is not that bad.  We all just have TDS.  We exaggerate everything about him, and make it look like he's an abject fucking buffoon circus clown with a bunch of followers with an average IQ of 7 that think everything he says is the truth....even if it's clearly and provably false.

It's not that big of a deal that the President speaks at a 5 year old level, while lying or completely making up literally everything that he says, to 1/3 of the country that eats it up with a spoon.

Get a damn grip already. 
    😂 thank you
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 
    Fan-fucking-tastic post! :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 

Perfect
  • and he just tweeted that the virus is spreading because of mexican immigrants and that the wall needs to go up fast. you know how many cases mexico has?

SEVEN. 

I knew the wall comment would be coming but blaming Mexican Immigrants???  Disgrace...Heard a panel at Harvard last night talking about how China bought the World a month with their efforts to contain and the the US squandered it.  A freaking wall is not gonna help this Trump.  Spend the money on testing and vaccine research please...
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 793
    Random (yet important) facts:  The average age of death from COVID-19 is 80.  The average age of death in the world is 72.6.  Italy has the oldest population in Europe.  
  • MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    MC185899 said:

MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT
    ! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    the dude literally posts that the coronavirus is a dem hoax and you call that spin?
    See.  He did NOT say that.  He said his supposed failure to react properly is a new hoax along the lines of Russia and the Ukraine. 

Think about it: if he thought it was a hoax why did he shut travel down with China months ago?  That doesn’t sound like the actions of someone facing a “hoax”.  Don’t be so easily manipulated, man. 
    and he just tweeted that the virus is spreading because of mexican immigrants and that the wall needs to go up fast. you know how many cases mexico has?

SEVEN. 
    if anything, this whole mess has proven how overly reliant we are in China for EVERYTHING.  He was right about all that.  Enforcing the borders with this Coronavirus scare is a good idea. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Random (yet important) facts:  The average age of death from COVID-19 is 80.  The average age of death in the world is 72.6.  Italy has the oldest population in Europe.  
    Here are the stats in Washington State currently (https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus):

0 to 19 years2%
    20 to 29 years5%
    30 to 39 years10%
    40 to 49 years13%
    50 to 59 years15%
    60 to 69 years21%
    70 to 79 years15%
    80+ years19%
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • MonkeyDan72MonkeyDan72 Posts: 676
    and he just tweeted that the virus is spreading because of mexican immigrants and that the wall needs to go up fast. you know how many cases mexico has?

SEVEN. 
    You made me read these tweets looking for that...and it’s not there 

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

• estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    Alright guys, you're missing the fun. Now we can get back to predicting the tour's second leg   rescheduled first leg for the Fall. I was missing all the speculation. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    MC185899 said:
    MC185899 said:

MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MC185899 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not surprising but quite telling that so many attacking this decision are coming at it from the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT
    ! YOU MUST WATCH CNN!" angle. It's a default position for too many nowadays. Absolute blindness that they too are guilty of making this a political issue.
    the dude literally posts that the coronavirus is a dem hoax and you call that spin?
    See.  He did NOT say that.  He said his supposed failure to react properly is a new hoax along the lines of Russia and the Ukraine. 

Think about it: if he thought it was a hoax why did he shut travel down with China months ago?  That doesn’t sound like the actions of someone facing a “hoax”.  Don’t be so easily manipulated, man. 
    direct quote from a recent rally. 

“One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it.’ They tried the impeachment hoax,” said Trump. “And this is their new hoax.”

haha, yeah, I'm the one being manipulated. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

SEVEN. 
    You made me read these tweets looking for that...and it’s not there 

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

he retweeted a video of someone saying it, and added that the wall needed to "go up fast". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    We have enough threads about trump. Can we discuss the postponement and possible rescheduling please. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    I just wanna hear 1....ONE...Trump defender ever say, "Dude, of course I know he's a fucking imbecile.  What do you think, I'm blind?  He can hardly form complete coherent sentences and uses 3 adjectives to describe everything.  The deal is that I am a conservative and would rather have a moron Republican in office over any Democrat, because I do not favor liberal stances on most issues.", instead of continuously defending a man that is clearly a compete idiot with zero understanding of pretty much anything.

I would at least be able to somewhat respect that, over the whole 'He's not nearly as bad as you people make him out to be!'

OF COURSE HE IS!  Just listen to this goddamn guy talk about anything for 30 seconds for Christ's sakes!  He is possibly (definitely) the single dumbest, lying-ist, narcissistic human being I have ever witnessed in my entire life.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Update from Ticketmaster.

and how about this one:

He’s taken it seriously....he’s just botched some of the messaging along the way.  It took Barack Obama until October of 2009 to declare Swine Flu a National Health Emergency.

It began in April of ‘09 but Obama waited until 20,000 people in the US had been hospitalized & 1,000+ had died.  I don’t recall the media freakout about that one, do you?
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 793
    jeffbr said:
    Here are the stats in Washington State currently (https://www.doh.wa.gov/emergencies/coronavirus):

0 to 19 years2%
    20 to 29 years5%
    30 to 39 years10%
    40 to 49 years13%
    50 to 59 years15%
    60 to 69 years21%
    70 to 79 years15%
    80+ years19%
    Aren't these the percentages of who contracted the virus?  I did hear about the young Wuhan doctor dying...but I suspect foul play.  Suffice it to say, most of the deaths are from that 70 and up demographic.  And just our luck, the heart of the American outbreak is tied to nursing homes in WA, hence ground zero for the hysteria is in Pearl Jam's backyard.  Of course I wish our elders well, but I just don't understand why the panic button was pressed when most of our population will be just fine even if they contract it.  Better safe than sorry I guess...but if this is something more sinister (a viral attack from China to at the very least cripple our economy), well, they are winning.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    and how about this one:

That’s because the flu is endemic and the CoronaVirus is not. Yet. The whole point of shutting things down, cancelling tours etc is to try to prevent COVID-19 from becoming endemic while it remains a possibility (though that possibility is becoming increasingly less feasible). Repost the numbers in a few years after COVID-19 becomes endemic and you’ll understand.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

Saltzy23 said:

Get a damn grip already. 
    Best economy in 50+ years and lowest unemployment ever.  These things used to matter.  

“But he tweeted something mean!!”
    and how about this one:

Explain?
    it's something trump tweeted. he is deliberately downplaying the virus, because he didn't want the markets to crash. 

and how about this one:

Maybe he’s right to downplay it?   We have 400(?) cases in a Country of 330m?   I’m sure those numbers grow but the media freakout of “we’re all gonna die!!!” seems a bit overdone. 
This discussion has been closed.