Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• Sibidy7Sibidy7 Posts: 189
    Nobody else is postponing. I'll be going to the Metropolitan opera on the 29th and Thom Yorke now on the 30th at Radio City Music Hall.

So far Pear Jam is the only band to postpone a tour in the US.  Sorry but doesnt seek like it is necessary as they are the only ones doing it.
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Sibidy7 said:
    Nobody else is postponing. I'll be going to the Metropolitan opera on the 29th and Thom Yorke now on the 30th at Radio City Music Hall.

So far Pear Jam is the only band to postpone a tour in the US.  Sorry but doesnt seek like it is necessary as they are the only ones doing it
    ...so far.

If you didn't already know the entirety of SxSW has been cancelled.
    Swordo said:
    Sibidy7 said:

So far Pear Jam is the only band to postpone a tour in the US.  Sorry but doesnt seek like it is necessary as they are the only ones doing it
    ...so far.

If you didn't already know the entirety of SxSW has been cancelled.
    I did know that.  Thats why I said tour.  Specifically made the distinction.
    I understand it but its not like it's the norm at this point.  
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    PP193448 said:
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
    It didn’t need mentioned. 
    But it kinda does. The US is in this position because the government was incapable, or unwilling to act sooner. On top of that, they have done a terrible job about maintaining calm and educating the public. With SARS, or ebola threats, (maybe even Zika?) those respective admins urged calm, educated the public and worked with diagnostic and medical supply companies to make sure supplies and and testing kits were in order to best serve the communities. The CDC gave guidance to hospitals and doctors. They led. This admin has prioritized the markets over the public health. they are now behind the eightball and have to drastically catch up. On top of all of that the main concern of the president is the keep the numbers low, whether realistically or artificially. He admitted to this on national TV. 

This is getting cancelled, Yes because its a concern, sicknesses spread, happens every year, but also because the government has failed to act in a responsible and articulate  manner. So its worth mentioning.  
    So it’s the government’s fault??   Lol. 

I wouldn't be laughing.

I do disagree with their  decision to postpone but they have every right to speak up.

We all should keep in mind in situations like this the US is closer to a 3rd world nation than Europe, Canada and Australia in dealing with a health issue.

We have 30 million uninsured and millions more with insurance that are likely to not be tested due to cost. We have a president actively slowing down test availability because he thinks it will "hurt the numbers."

We have a pro corporate economy that rewards employers who deny paid sick leave, which may force tens of millions into the workplace and mass transit potentially spreading the virus. Hysterical. 
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Bummer
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 323
    Sibidy7 said:
    It's going to be next couple days.  Some pretty large, well-respected universities in the northeast have already announced this morning that they're putting a halt to large gatherings of 100 people and prohibiting university related travel through mid-April.  There's definitely going to be a carryover effect to other venues, universities, corporations, sports leagues.  It's not like the number of new COVID-19 cases is slowing down.
    Would you rather have Pearl Jam announce it now and get ahead of it or wait until closer to the last minute?
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Hate to break it to Pearl Jam, but it was democrats who blocked a stimulus bill ensuring health professionals would have the proper equipment.
    Link?
    Heard it on the news in the doctor's office this morning.

Of all the people who know the least about M4A (I dont support Sanders fwiw) I'd trust information from doctors the least.

They have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo and have gotten basic things about ACA and M4A completely wrong.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    on2legs said:
    Hate to break it to Pearl Jam, but it was democrats who blocked a stimulus bill ensuring health professionals would have the proper equipment.
    He said “our government.”  Democrats are part of the government... 
    STOP LYING HE INSULTED DEAR LEADER!!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 397
    I wonder how many of the show posters were already printed?  I have to imagine at least some of the Canadian posters.  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    KS80184 said:
    I wonder how many of the show posters were already printed?  I have to imagine at least some of the Canadian posters.  
    Was thinking about that too.  Along with all the other merch for the tour.  Shirts, stickers, etc...
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Got this on facebook today.  Reminds me of this and a previously locked thread
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    RockMama said:
    JimmyV said:
    Baltimore Holiday Inn reservation cancelled. Sucks. Not the way I wanted to start the day but there are plenty of people having a worse morning.
    Maryland has declared a state of emergency. Tell them to look on the Internet.
    Yeah someone said in an earlier post that their Baltimore hotel said they'd refund only if Maryland declares a state of emergency. Hopefully that person is aware that it's been declared so they can get their money back. 
    Don't know about that but I booked a refundable rate early thanks to Dimi's hints. No charge for me but it still sucks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 397
    JojoRice said:
    KS80184 said:
    Was thinking about that too.  Along with all the other merch for the tour.  Shirts, stickers, etc...
    Mystery box time @Santos L. Halper
    kosteva2 said:
    Sibidy7 said:
    It's going to be next couple days.  Some pretty large, well-respected universities in the northeast have already announced this morning that they're putting a halt to large gatherings of 100 people and prohibiting university related travel through mid-April.  There's definitely going to be a carryover effect to other venues, universities, corporations, sports leagues.  It's not like the number of new COVID-19 cases is slowing down.
    Would you rather have Pearl Jam announce it now and get ahead of it or wait until closer to the last minute?
    Fair points for sure.  
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,577
    Administrations fuck up the response to major issues all the time, this isn't new. Who cares if they mentioned what is the truth right now. Are you the same people who defended the lack of response to Katrina? There are definitive steps and actions that can be taken prior to an all out pandemic. While the health of the stock market is important, it shouldn't be more important than the actual health of real people. This admin seems to be focusing on the effect instead of the cause and hoping it all just goes away when the weather warms up. Fucking stupid.

This is terrible for everyone. It's not like this isn't a huge hit financially for Pearl Jam. Months of planning, logistics and labor involved to get this tour up and now, all for naught. Sure, they can probably eat the cost better than a lot of their fan base, but there is an impact.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    GR280729 said:
    Got this on facebook today.  Reminds me of this and a previously locked thread
    Exactly.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,300

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Just got off the phone with Spirit Airlines.  They are giving me a full credit to be used within 6 months for my NON-REFUNDABLE ticket.  They did say that you HAVE to call them directly.  Cancelling on-line will NOT issue you a credit.  
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Dirty Tom said:
    Just got off the phone with Spirit Airlines.  They are giving me a full credit to be used within 6 months for my NON-REFUNDABLE ticket.  They did say that you HAVE to call them directly.  Cancelling on-line will NOT issue you a credit.  
    That's nice of them, except it's likely that people won't use their refund within six months because the virus will probably be worse by then, and less people will travel. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Dirty Tom said:
    That's nice of them, except it's likely that people won't use their refund within six months because the virus will probably be worse by then, and less people will travel. 
    6 months is shitty of them. 12 month minimum imo
  • Dirty Tom said:
    Yep, that’s why I’m not cancelling flights for a few weeks.  Hoping they’ll outright cancel flights and they’ll just have to refund me.  If not, I’ll cancel in a few weeks and my 6 month credit (if I get one) will get me until oct
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Dirty Tom said:
    Yep, that’s why I’m not cancelling flights for a few weeks.  Hoping they’ll outright cancel flights and they’ll just have to refund me.  If not, I’ll cancel in a few weeks and my 6 month credit (if I get one) will get me until oct
    My wife just canceled our Delta  tickets for spring break with the kids.  Delta gave us 1 year to reschedule flights, but the clock started when we booked the tickets in January, not yesterday or the actual date of intended travel in April.  Read the fine print.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    havent the experts said the warmer weather will slow down the virus and summer travel should be okay?
    But I agree, 6 months credit wont do us much good, we've already booked our summer travel 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    West jet has just announced rescheduling, refund policy in light of corona virus impacts.   Looks like customers might be able to get refunds.  Hopefully other airlines will follow suit so fans affected by cancellations can get some money back!
    Waiting on a call back right now, but their policy is only until march 31st.  So I'm not sure why that deadline is set by them.
  • Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Also,  my hotel that was NON-REFUNDABLE are also giving me a full refund. I just mentioned the virus and they immediately said ok.  As for the Spirit credit, i'm just glad i got anything at all from them.  Delta gave me a full refund, i thought Spirit being so cheap wouldn't care. 

http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    edited March 2020
    I've seen several airlines have a march 31 deadline. My guess is they are just hoping it gets better and will extend the deadline as needed. As much as it sucks for us, airlines are losing a ton of money over this too. Many airlines struggle as it is, and refunding flights for a month or 2 might wipe out a lot of their profits. 
    Not that I feel sorry for them, I can just understand why they are slowly extending the deadline
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mace1229 said:
    havent the experts said the warmer weather will slow down the virus and summer travel should be okay?
    But I agree, 6 months credit wont do us much good, we've already booked our summer travel 
    They hope warmer weather and increased sun exposure will slow the virus down, but it's a new virus and we don't know yet.
    It's worth remembering that the most famous pandemic, the so-called Spanish Flu, flourished in the summer.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited March 2020
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
    It didn’t need mentioned. Only serves to further the divide.

The key word there is further.

Crisis like these demand quality leadership. Every American has every right to demand it.

What we dont need is a president more concerned about "how the numbers hurt him" and not the families dealing with this illness.

If someone like Vedder is bullied into silence then who speaks up?
    The divide is built in to human nature. People don’t see things the same and everyone has their biases and reasons for their beliefs. 

There are better ways to speak up than deflecting the blame in a nearly blameless situation.

I don’t want Eddie Vedder as a spokesman on health crises nor do I want some famous right winger with a mic downplaying it. I want people that know wtf they’re talking about. 

Nobody is bullying. Don’t be so dramatic. 
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited March 2020
    Unless you are out a bunch of $$ on this, why would anyone be so angry?  Over a concert that is more than likely going to be rescheduled?  People need to get a grip.
    For me its like this. 

Money lost
    Blowing some prime vacation picks at my work to secure dates in March
    Family arrangements with family members who made arrangements from their work that are going to be hard to change 
    Not able to make the fall tour due to no vacation allowed at my job from Sep to Dec.
    Being hyped to see the best band in the world only to have it taken away 8 days before the tour starts

This one stings a lot especially when my country has fared as well as it has so far with this virus. I disagree with their decision for the shows up here but it is what it is and will probably be selling 4 GA's for the Canadian shows at some point when the shows get announced for the fall. Here is to hoping that the Euro tour can be saved. 

Post edited by PJNB on