Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• mpedone said:
    sp1984 said:

ETA - probably going to eat AirCanada tickets. :( 
    @sp1984 Have you spoken to Air Canada yet? I was supposed to fly Newark to Toronto on AC a week from today and haven't yet called to see what my options are.

She is probably on her way home (and then to bed), so I'll answer for her - she did get through. No refund, but they're essentially crediting us the cost of the tickets. We have until next January to use the credit (I'm guessing 1 year from the date we booked), and there will be a $100 rescheduling fee.
    Thanks for the response @mpedone
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Glad they are honoring the tickets but what a bitch move.  The media has blown this thing so god damn far out of proportion and everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid by the barrel.  There is nothing more the media and the government in this country love more than watching everyone lose their fucking minds over something simple.  It's a god damn virus, not the zombies from 28 Days Later.  You're more likely to die of cancer, a car accident, heart disease, a stray bullet, or the actual flu but let's postpone a tour and quarantine the whole country over fucking SARS LIte.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I understand the decision even though I don't like it. If they are going to postpone, do it now instead of a few days before. Hopefully in a few months things will settle down and we can do this again!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    Any company that doesnt give a full refund on any type of reservation deserves public shaming. 

Times are different right now
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Unless you are out a bunch of $$ on this, why would anyone be so angry?  Over a concert that is more than likely going to be rescheduled?  People need to get a grip.
  • Hate this is happening because of irrational fear pushed by the media, completely stupid. I just hope the STL rescheduled date falls on weekend still, but I don't think we'll see these rescheduled dates until 2021.

The shitty icing on this shitty cake is going to be if I can't take my Euro trip in May as well because of all this mess.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Glad they are honoring the tickets but what a bitch move.  The media has blown this thing so god damn far out of proportion and everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid by the barrel.  There is nothing more the media and the government in this country love more than watching everyone lose their fucking minds over something simple.  It's a god damn virus, not the zombies from 28 Days Later.  You're more likely to die of cancer, a car accident, heart disease, a stray bullet, or the actual flu but let's postpone a tour and quarantine the whole country over fucking SARS LIte.
    Panicking is a poor choice, but you have to understand that the precautions people are taking because of the hype are what contain epidemics.  SARS, MERS, Ebola...people act like they are innocent puppies that get hyped into Cujos...No.  They are fucking dangerous and it's only the extra caution that keeps pandemics at bay.  

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • jadakidjadakid Posts: 64
    To properly recognize many of the posters here, the band should book a new opening act for the reschedule dates: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,726
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
    It didn’t need mentioned. 
    But it kinda does. The US is in this position because the government was incapable, or unwilling to act sooner. On top of that, they have done a terrible job about maintaining calm and educating the public. With SARS, or ebola threats, (maybe even Zika?) those respective admins urged calm, educated the public and worked with diagnostic and medical supply companies to make sure supplies and and testing kits were in order to best serve the communities. The CDC gave guidance to hospitals and doctors. They led. This admin has prioritized the markets over the public health. they are now behind the eightball and have to drastically catch up. On top of all of that the main concern of the president is the keep the numbers low, whether realistically or artificially. He admitted to this on national TV. 

This is getting cancelled, Yes because its a concern, sicknesses spread, happens every year, but also because the government has failed to act in a responsible and articulate  manner. So its worth mentioning.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    I’m hoping for not a summer tour here, as ive already made summer plans and will likely miss it. And I imagine in a month or 2 when they actually would announce it many more would be in the same boat by then. 
    Hoping for 1 long fall tour that combines both legs.
    PP193448 said:
    It’s a virus, like the Flu, so it’s easily transmitted person to person. They are working on vaccines.  What kind of clear message do you need...
    We could close the borders and limit travel.  But that would be racist, right.
    We can maybe not take down signs at immigration courts informing immigration of prevention methods. 

But mainly stressing to the public how dangerous this can be to the elderly and immunocompromised, having a clear plan to deal with this as it rapidly spread in China in January, and mainly stressing how to minimize the spread of it rather than worrying about making sure the optics of the numbers infected/dead are the most important thing to manage in this crises.   
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
    But it kinda does. The US is in this position because the government was incapable, or unwilling to act sooner. On top of that, they have done a terrible job about maintaining calm and educating the public. With SARS, or ebola threats, (maybe even Zika?) those respective admins urged calm, educated the public and worked with diagnostic and medical supply companies to make sure supplies and and testing kits were in order to best serve the communities. The CDC gave guidance to hospitals and doctors. They led. This admin has prioritized the markets over the public health. they are now behind the eightball and have to drastically catch up. On top of all of that the main concern of the president is the keep the numbers low, whether realistically or artificially. He admitted to this on national TV. 

This is getting cancelled, Yes because its a concern, sicknesses spread, happens every year, but also because the government has failed to act in a responsible and articulate  manner. So its worth mentioning.  
    So it’s the government’s fault??   Lol. 
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    edited March 2020
    mace1229 said:
    I’m hoping for not a summer tour here, as ive already made summer plans and will likely miss it. And I imagine in a month or 2 when they actually would announce it many more would be in the same boat by then. 
    Hoping for 1 long fall tour that combines both legs.
    I would not bet on these rescheduled dates happening in 2020
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited March 2020
    PP193448 said:
    It’s a virus, like the Flu, so it’s easily transmitted person to person. They are working on vaccines.  What kind of clear message do you need...
    We could close the borders and limit travel.  But that would be racist, right.
    We can maybe not take down signs at immigration courts informing immigration of prevention methods. 

But mainly stressing to the public how dangerous this can be to the elderly and immunocompromised, having a clear plan to deal with this as it rapidly spread in China in January, and mainly stressing how to minimize the spread of it rather than worrying about making sure the optics of the numbers infected/dead are the most important thing to manage in this crises.   
    True.  But we can also blame people and their own actions to cause this to spread.  I recently read where a man who was known to be infected, disregarded self quarantine and went to his daughters dance recital at her school.  Complete selfishness and disregard for other people’s health safety.  Should we demand the government be responsible and quarantine infected people??  Imagine the lawsuits... 
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    My wife just said...dont cancel yet. Wait a week. Maybe they’ll unpostphone 🤦‍♂️
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Super weird that people have a problem with Ed calling out the government. 
    Hey man, it’s ok to not slurp up everything he spits out. I don’t even disagree with him/them, it just feels forced in and makes it seem like making sure their opinion is out there is as/more important as the reason for the postponement. 

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PP193448 said:
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:

You shouldn't misrepresent someone's detailed and measured comments with a summary that lacks depth, integrity, and honesty. It isn't fair to them and it makes you look intellectually shallow.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    He calls out "our" government, yet cancels Canada?  Yeah, that's a chicken shit move.....
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• GR42159 said:
    I’m probably in the minority, but I was super jacked about the US portion of the spring tour beginning right as the album was being released.  I wish PJ would instead release a Gigaton B-Sides album on 3/27, then the real thing just days before they start the US tour dates as originally planned - whenever those are.  It’s delayed gratification for sure, but there is something magical about hearing the songs live from an album released less than a week prior.  
    I was going to Quebec which is before the album was coming up. It would have been amazing to be there to hear some songs for the first time that anyone has heard them. 
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    rgambs said:
    PP193448 said:
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:

You shouldn't misrepresent someone's detailed and measured comments with a summary that lacks depth, integrity, and honesty. It isn't fair to them and it makes you look intellectually shallow.
    Just as he has misrepresented the entirety of what the government has done.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Hate to break it to Pearl Jam, but it was democrats who blocked a stimulus bill ensuring health professionals would have the proper equipment.
  • SR272380SR272380 Posts: 17
    I think in light of this decision, which I’m 100% behind, they should make the move to make all tickets transferable. Not just msg and Denver. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Hate to break it to Pearl Jam, but it was democrats who blocked a stimulus bill ensuring health professionals would have the proper equipment.

PP193448 said:
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:

I didn’t say that. I said it’s worth calling them out because they have handled this poorly. I mean, my last sentence literally sums up my position. We elect a government to lead. For weeks they refused. Now they are playing catch up. Poorly.
  • jadakidjadakid Posts: 64
    edited March 2020
    To properly recognize many of the posters here, the band should book a new opening act for the rescheduled dates: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.  
    Post edited by jadakid on
    DewieCox said:
    Hey man, it’s ok to not slurp up everything he spits out. I don’t even disagree with him/them, it just feels forced in and makes it seem like making sure their opinion is out there is as/more important as the reason for the postponement. 

I think people in Seattle have a real right to be pissed off. 
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    SR272380 said:
    I think in light of this decision, which I’m 100% behind, they should make the move to make all tickets transferable. Not just msg and Denver. 
    Or instead of supporting scalpers, all tickets that can't be used go back to the TM/10c for a new lottery next year when the new dates are announced, then sold to the public afterwards. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...