Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    I have tickets to Baltimore. 

Looking on the bright side
    1) I'll get to be more familiar with the Gigaton songs when the show comes. My first listen to the album would have been on the drive to Baltimore on Friday.

2) It adds something PJ-related to look forward to. The album and the show were going to be a package deal, now I can look forward to the album, and later, the show. 

3) It sucks that the show was in March in the first place. Concerts are the best in the summer. Hopefully that's when it's rescheduled for. 

4) I had (foolishly) booked our Airbnb in what I was later told by friends is the most dangerous part of Baltimore. That would place it high in the running for most dangerous part of the planet. So I've cancelled that and will get something better for the rescheduled date.

Being a negative nancy
    1) Maybe the virus will spread even more and the show is postponed all the way until next year.

2) I chose Baltimore over MSG based solely on the day of the week. Baltimore was a Saturday, and MSG was a Monday or Tuesday. There's no guarantee that the show will be on the same day it was originally slated for. In fact, it's unlikely. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    We get a new album in just over two weeks......for that I am deliriously happy still
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    This is why I am a fan of Southwest. I will get credit for all flights with no penalty. I can use the credit to rebook when shows are rescheduled.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    Hate to break it to Pearl Jam, but it was democrats who blocked a stimulus bill ensuring health professionals would have the proper equipment.
    Link?
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    Black1991 said:
    So why are sporting events not postponed or cancelled.... Rangers Knicks still playing.... millions on the subway but stopping concerts is gonna make a difference 
    Then go to a knicks game
    Black1991 said:
    So why are sporting events not postponed or cancelled.... Rangers Knicks still playing.... millions on the subway but stopping concerts is gonna make a difference 
    Black1991 said:
    San Jose sharks are not playing with fans and more teams to follow. 
    Black1991 said:
    Then go to a knicks game
    Knicks basketball is a far worse virus than CoVoid19 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    mace1229 said:
    I’m hoping for not a summer tour here, as ive already made summer plans and will likely miss it. And I imagine in a month or 2 when they actually would announce it many more would be in the same boat by then. 
    Hoping for 1 long fall tour that combines both legs.
    I would not bet on these rescheduled dates happening in 2020
    I don’t know. I doubt the band feels comfortable taking our money and not providing services for over a year....
    My wife just said...dont cancel yet. Wait a week. Maybe they’ll unpostphone 🤦‍♂️
    Yeah, 0% that happens. They know people are canceling flights and hotels right now. Would be even worse to say “just kidding, back on” at this point than to reschedule.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Black1991 said:
    Then go to a knicks game
    Knicks basketball is a far worse virus than CoVoid19 
    Finally. Someone making sense 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    mace1229 said:
    My wife just said...dont cancel yet. Wait a week. Maybe they’ll unpostphone 🤦‍♂️
    Yeah, 0% that happens. They know people are canceling flights and hotels right now. Would be even worse to say “just kidding, back on” at this point than to reschedule.
    Agreed. I'm on a cancel spree now. :(
    It is for the best tho, and i'm glad I had more time.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    Hate to break it to Pearl Jam, but it was democrats who blocked a stimulus bill ensuring health professionals would have the proper equipment.
    He said “our government.”  Democrats are part of the government... 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

1) I'll get to be more familiar with the Gigaton songs when the show comes. My first listen to the album would have been on the drive to Baltimore on Friday.

2) It adds something PJ-related to look forward to. The album and the show were going to be a package deal, now I can look forward to the album, and later, the show. 

3) It sucks that the show was in March in the first place. Concerts are the best in the summer. Hopefully that's when it's rescheduled for. 

4) I had (foolishly) booked our Airbnb in what I was later told by friends is the most dangerous part of Baltimore. That would place it high in the running for most dangerous part of the planet. So I've cancelled that and will get something better for the rescheduled date.

Being a negative nancy
    1) Maybe the virus will spread even more and the show is postponed all the way until next year.

2) I chose Baltimore over MSG based solely on the day of the week. Baltimore was a Saturday, and MSG was a Monday or Tuesday. There's no guarantee that the show will be on the same day it was originally slated for. In fact, it's unlikely. 
    I imagine summer is unlikely. I would think logisitcallynthey would have to start booking and planning now for a summer tour. And I don’t see anyone doing that with the uncertainty still out there and risk postponing again. 
    That’s also wishful thinking, I’ve already made summer travel plans and will be pissed if I miss a home show
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Black1991 said:
    Black1991 said:
    This is not true, they have not decided what they are doing yet. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Link?
    Heard it on the news in the doctor's office this morning.
    mace1229 said:

Being a negative nancy

I imagine summer is unlikely. I would think logisitcallynthey would have to start booking and planning now for a summer tour. And I don’t see anyone doing that with the uncertainty still out there and risk postponing again. 
    That’s also wishful thinking, I’ve already made summer travel plans and will be pissed if I miss a home show
    Yeah, I know. All wishful thinking. Frankly, the virus hasn't even spread that much right now compared to how much it might spread. Hate to say it, but it's looking like the shows might not happen until 2021. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    on2legs said:
    I think we all know what he meant by that blanket term.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    Black1991 said:
    Black1991 said:
    Lol
  • mshnaydermshnayder Posts: 106
    Link?
    Sounds legit
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Huge Thank You to Mariott for canceling my non-refundable nights since I dont think ill be able to get across the border by then. Just mentioned corona, no issue. Hope this helps someone.
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 542
    FYI - for those who booked flights on Porter Air. Spoke with them this morning. Representative said they have three options:

1) Change the flight with no fee. But we don’t know when we’d change to...
    2) cancel it. Would be a $200+ fee and you’d have the balance as a credit for a year. Would only be about $100 towards changes flight. 
    3) Full credit but you need to rebook within 6 months of booking. So late-July for me.  That’s what I did. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
    on2legs said:
    I think we all know what he meant by that blanket term.
    If you say so. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    God, what a bunch of entitled fucking babies up in here.

It's life - shit happens.  It's a rock concert, not life saving surgery that is being postponed (that's right, not cancelled). Wipe up your tears and move on.
    mshnayder said:
    Link?
    Sounds legit
    Lol.

• RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    JimmyV said:
    Baltimore Holiday Inn reservation cancelled. Sucks. Not the way I wanted to start the day but there are plenty of people having a worse morning.
    Maryland has declared a state of emergency. Tell them to look on the Internet.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    edited March 2020
    Link?
    fair. I'll keep looking for more info, but we know how these bills work. Maybe there was stimulus in there, but I'm sure there was a tacked on amendment for more money to prisons to beat inmates to death with sacks of pennies or something. Bills are rarely straightforward and they politicians leave room to spin based on failure or success of the bill.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
    RockMama said:
    JimmyV said:
    Baltimore Holiday Inn reservation cancelled. Sucks. Not the way I wanted to start the day but there are plenty of people having a worse morning.
    Maryland has declared a state of emergency. Tell them to look on the Internet.
    Yeah someone said in an earlier post that their Baltimore hotel said they'd refund only if Maryland declares a state of emergency. Hopefully that person is aware that it's been declared so they can get their money back. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 323
    Disappointed that this is happening but agree it's the right move.  Things with COVID-19 are going to get worse before it gets better.  Given the amount of planning that goes into stuff like a tour from both the band side and the travelling fan side better to get ahead of it sooner rather than later for less disruption.
    I'm a physician with a pretty large, well-respected university/health system in the northeast.  We just got an email this morning that the university is shutting down any university-related travel and large group activities through 4/17 and strongly discouraging personal travel until that time as well.  Not making it political but since government not setting the tone for stuff like that this is the tip of the iceberg and will see more universities, organizations, corporations, sports leagues do something similar in the next few days to get ahead of it.  I have to give the band credit for getting ahead of it relative to nearly everyone else.
    All the quarantining isn't necessarily going to eradicate COVID-19 but it makes a big difference in how quickly things spread and the stress on the health system etc.  Limiting travel/large group activities will slow things down and allow limited things like testing kits, hospital/ICU beds to be better rationed and meet the demand.  The more time they can buy to create more test kits, work on vaccine, etc. the better.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22, MSG I,II '24, Philly I,II '24
    Black1991 said:
    No, it’s been decided. You will see today. People, your lives will go on. They will reschedule. You can’t be shocked by this decision as it was being discussed for weeks. They will play again
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    DewieCox said:
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
    It didn’t need mentioned. Only serves to further the divide.

The key word there is further.

Crisis like these demand quality leadership. Every American has every right to demand it.

What we dont need is a president more concerned about "how the numbers hurt him" and not the families dealing with this illness.

If someone like Vedder is bullied into silence then who speaks up?