Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• terrym08terrym08 Posts: 372
    this must be what was meant when we were hearing that our "minds would be blown" by PJ this year!
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    terrym08 said:
    this must be what was meant when we were hearing that our "minds would be blown" by PJ this year!
    Not minds, just your nose.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • GR42159GR42159 Posts: 41
    I’m probably in the minority, but I was super jacked about the US portion of the spring tour beginning right as the album was being released.  I wish PJ would instead release a Gigaton B-Sides album on 3/27, then the real thing just days before they start the US tour dates as originally planned - whenever those are.  It’s delayed gratification for sure, but there is something magical about hearing the songs live from an album released less than a week prior.  
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    I personally hope it’s just pushed to next spring. I don’t want it messing with any other plans that are in place. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Bloody shame... but it’s the right thing to do.  Fingers crossed for the Euro tour....

• "A confidence man, but why so beleaguered?
    He's not a leader, he's a Texas leaguer"

"How does he do it? How do they do it? Uncanny and immutable"

"Blackout weaves its way through the cities" 
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    I understand why it is postponed but doesn’t mean that I’m not a little upset. 

As for tickets, I think 10c should give an option based on the new dates whether someone wants to keep or return the tickets for a refund
    Hopefully demand is still there and easy to sell if you don't want the ticket.  But would rather just have the refund if I don't want it.
    Well... if you have MSG... No reason to fret. Ill help you with that!
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    People slammed me on the now “Closed” thread... this was the right decision.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,726
    WesC said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government

I just read "Ed & Pearl Jam's" announcement. What a crock. 
    "Ed & Pearl Jam"
    Give me a break
    If you want to cancel your tour for some reason, then do so because you're Pearl Jam and you can do whatever the >>ck you want. You've earned it.
    No need to invoke the government.  Sounds like a whiny, finger-pointing excuse.

"Ed & Pearl Jam" are better than that.

I mean, their statement is correct. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I was largely impressed with the way people were handling this...then I found the pinned thread at the top of the page. Oh boy...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL Posts: 760
    I was struggling whether I would attend the show I got tix for in light of the current situation.  So thanks for making the decision for me.  My husband already said he wasn’t going and although I was so excited to see the band back in the Hammer, I was leaning towards not attending either.   I feel sorry for all the Ten Club Members and other fans who have paid big money to attend these shows and probably won’t get any refunds on their airfares and hotels.  I can’t wait to see the band again .... hopefully sooner than later!
    I'm with you! I am happy they made that decision for me. As Im stocking up on stuff so I can avoid public areas... im also looking for MSG tix, planning to go to The Apollo and try to get in,  and on TM continually trying to upgrademy StL ticket! Im glad they made this decision easy... and that's for all of us; including them, their families. and their crew. Lets all stay safe and let the storm ride out... 
  • SG244775SG244775 Posts: 19
    So...anyone want to sell their MSG tickets now?  That whole bird in the hand thing?  Just think of how much H2O and food you can buy at Cosco that you'll likely need for the apocalypse.  
  • ajflickerajflicker Posts: 166
    edited March 2020
    I was struggling whether I would attend the show I got tix for in light of the current situation.  So thanks for making the decision for me.  My husband already said he wasn’t going and although I was so excited to see the band back in the Hammer, I was leaning towards not attending either.   I feel sorry for all the Ten Club Members and other fans who have paid big money to attend these shows and probably won’t get any refunds on their airfares and hotels.  I can’t wait to see the band again .... hopefully sooner than later!
    I am bummed. The coronavirus is being overhyped. Its not any different than the yearly flu where you get sick once a season get better and carry on.
  • Wow. It’s nice to see people are taking this well. I’m pissed. I spent basically all my big entertainment money for show tickets, airfare, and hotels. Of course I booked non refundable hotels to save hundreds overall. Now I’ll lose hundreds overall. I don’t really care about the rescheduling, because except for a hometown show, I’ll no longer be able to afford going to any others since I’d already stretched my budget as much as I responsibly could. 

Just sucks. Nobody to blame, but it feels like a kick in the balls for someone who had to orchestrate the logistics perfectly to pull the plans off. Definitely more important things to worry about but this still fucking sucks and I’m bummed. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Wow. It’s nice to see people are taking this well. I’m pissed. I spent basically all my big entertainment money for show tickets, airfare, and hotels. Of course I booked non refundable hotels to save hundreds overall. Now I’ll lose hundreds overall. I don’t really care about the rescheduling, because except for a hometown show, I’ll no longer be able to afford going to any others since I’d already stretched my budget as much as I responsibly could. 

Just sucks. Nobody to blame, but it feels like a kick in the balls for someone who had to orchestrate the logistics perfectly to pull the plans off. Definitely more important things to worry about but this still fucking sucks and I’m bummed. 
    I feel for you man. This does infuckingdeed suck. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    edited March 2020
    Might get slagged but I think it’s a bit premature and the comment about the government is just unnecessary. No need to deflect blame on a blameless matter. I guess togetherness is only cool if you’re living in the same echo chamber.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    I understand why it is postponed but doesn’t mean that I’m not a little upset. 

As for tickets, I think 10c should give an option based on the new dates whether someone wants to keep or return the tickets for a refund
    I’ve never heard of a postponed concert without the option of a refund. I’m sure there’s some legal reason behind it, you can’t change the terms and expect the other party to always agree. Old tickets will be honored, but I’m sure a refund will be offered for those who can’t make it.
    If they won’t give you a refund there’s a guy in the holiday single thread with a direct line to the attorney general if you want to make a complaint. 
    LOL
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,673
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Coachella postponed

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mace1229 said:
    Will our tickets be valid for the postponed dates or will we have to go for a new batch of tickets onsale for the new dates?
    yes. On the PJ page at the end of the announcement:

Ticketing

We understand it is important to know how ticketing will work. Ticketmaster will be in touch shortly, but current tickets will be honored for the new dates.

Thank you for posting that info!
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    DewieCox said:
    Might get slagged but I think it’s a bit premature and the comment about the government is just unnecessary. No need to deflect blame on a blameless matter. I guess togetherness is only cool if you’re living in the same echo chamber.

Agreed....and how does blaming "our government" explain the Canadian shows postponement?
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• nurse34nurse34 Posts: 18
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    $1400 in non refundable flights. $600 in Airbnb's that are too close to the date to cancel. A likely fall tour that I can not take vacation on due to work restrictions. Amazing. 

That sucks.  We fared better.   Friend was covering the gas/ferry to get to oakland.  I used 20000 Alaska Air points to get back home.  Hotel is cancelled without penalty.  Not sure if I can get my points back.  They have a thing that you can get a free refund for flights until mar 31. hopefully they extend it into april.
    I just email Alaska Air to see about any extensions past April due to this. I called and waited on hold for almost 30 minutes 😬
  • sp1984sp1984 Posts: 140
    nurse34 said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    $1400 in non refundable flights. $600 in Airbnb's that are too close to the date to cancel. A likely fall tour that I can not take vacation on due to work restrictions. Amazing. 

That sucks.  We fared better.   Friend was covering the gas/ferry to get to oakland.  I used 20000 Alaska Air points to get back home.  Hotel is cancelled without penalty.  Not sure if I can get my points back.  They have a thing that you can get a free refund for flights until mar 31. hopefully they extend it into april.
    I just email Alaska Air to see about any extensions past April due to this. I called and waited on hold for almost 30 minutes 😬
    I've been on hold with Expedia for 23 minutes before they hung up on me. :sigh: I just sent an email through Expedia's help system
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 791
    I was looking forward to this announcement in tomorrow’s newsletter. There goes the anticipation 🙁
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    nurse34 said:
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Delta quoted me “over 4 hours”
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Black1991Black1991 Posts: 122
    So why are sporting events not postponed or cancelled.... Rangers Knicks still playing.... millions on the subway but stopping concerts is gonna make a difference 
  • Black1991 said:
    So why are sporting events not postponed or cancelled.... Rangers Knicks still playing.... millions on the subway but stopping concerts is gonna make a difference

Those are not multi-country long term excursions. 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    Black1991 said:
    This will be the start, playing to empty arenas, postponements, cancelations. They clearly don’t have this under control and whether you agree or not, measures have to be taken so other countries don’t end up in complete lockdown like Italy is. 
  • I know it sucks for those who already made travel plans, and us who have tickets already.  However nobody can fault PJ or think they are overreacting - ultimately they are making the good decision and one I am expecting lots and lots more events, bands, and orginizations to follow
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    You've already contacted the airlines?  Right now they should be refundable.
    It’s virtually impossible to get through to Air Canada right now. March break plans in chaos for so many, I suppose.