Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    If you feel shit just remember, I booked 4x transatlantic flights which are barely refundable.
  • Curious to see what the process will be for refunds. I sold my STL tix because of a work conflict. When you list tickets you have to provide a credit card to refund the buyer in case the show is cancelled. I'm guessing a postponement is not the same as a cancellation. If the rescheduled date works for me that will suck. It would be nice if the tickets were restored to the original owner but that sounds complicated and really wouldn't be fair to the person who purchased them. What a mess. 
  • rider10rider10 Posts: 41
    I am quite disappointed. To me, Pearl Jam has always marked important occasions in my life. I'm moving on to the next chapter and it feels weird to do it without them. But they also offer us a reprieve during the hard times. Lord knows we have a few of those right now. At this point I doubt the tickets I get will be able to to be used during the time they reschedule. All that said, they did the right thing. I appreciate them putting our safety first. I appreciate their openness and honesty about the circumstances. I just wish Gigaton was being launch under better circumstances.
  • sp1984sp1984 Posts: 140
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    $1400 in non refundable flights. $600 in Airbnb's that are too close to the date to cancel. A likely fall tour that I can not take vacation on due to work restrictions. Amazing. 
    You've already contacted the airlines?  Right now they should be refundable.
    It’s virtually impossible to get through to Air Canada right now. March break plans in chaos for so many, I suppose.
    Ah - I was wondering why I've been on hold for 40 minutes. Makes sense now. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    $1400 in non refundable flights. $600 in Airbnb's that are too close to the date to cancel. A likely fall tour that I can not take vacation on due to work restrictions. Amazing. 
    It’s virtually impossible to get through to Air Canada right now. March break plans in chaos for so many, I suppose.
    I wouldn’t hold your breath. They are one of the worst airlines I’ve ever dealt with. Booking, changing flights, cancellations...you name it and they’re just brutal at it.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    Wow. It’s nice to see people are taking this well. I’m pissed. I spent basically all my big entertainment money for show tickets, airfare, and hotels. Of course I booked non refundable hotels to save hundreds overall. Now I’ll lose hundreds overall. I don’t really care about the rescheduling, because except for a hometown show, I’ll no longer be able to afford going to any others since I’d already stretched my budget as much as I responsibly could. 

Just sucks. Nobody to blame, but it feels like a kick in the balls for someone who had to orchestrate the logistics perfectly to pull the plans off. Definitely more important things to worry about but this still fucking sucks and I’m bummed. 
    There is a good possibility hotels and airlines will bend refund policies. Especially if the government encourages no travel. With the bad California fires a year ago I got refunds on non refundable  tickets by calling the airline and saying my 2 year old cant be in bad air quality like that.
    So I wouldn’t give up hope. Call, speak to a supervisor. If you don’t like the answer call again in a few days.
  • Anyone get a refund or credit through Frontier?
    Anyone get a refund or credit through Frontier?
    Not yet. Was going to try tomorrow. My wife has a form of arthritis that’s a cousin to RA and effects her immune. I’m going to say the de advised us not to travel, see if that helps at all.
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited March 2020
    I hope that the new dates keep the same day of week, Lots of us planned travel based on weekend dates ... I planned PHX and OAK shows on weekends..  would have to cancel if they fall on weekdays.
    Found an article about airline cancellations. 

Frontier

Frontier will waive change and cancellation fees for flights departing between March 3 and March 16. Passengers can make one change without a fee, and the new flights must be before June 1

While not helpful for shows in this tour, I think it’s a good sign they’ll be flexible. I mean, do they really expect this virus to be resolved in a week?

• 3days3days Posts: 1,158
    This was the right thing to do. We can wait, reschedule, and endure a bit of loss if need be. It doesn't mean it's fun, but it is right. Hope everyone is able to make the rescheduled dates.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Has anyone else canceled? SXSW is more of a convention and conventions are on hold. Hundreds of NBA NHL MLB NCAA games. Thousands perhaps? Are they all to be canceled?

Workers in cities on subways and commuter trains? Jammed in tight. All canceled?

I get the fear and the need to try to do what’s safe. I have friends that feel sick. Even tho no cough, it’s a huge mind f#ck. Most of us are very concerned. It’s weird because the arenas and stadiums are going to be packed, with the exception of 15 PJ shows. Unless everything else gets canceled this is a drop in the bucket of the lives we must live anyway. We can’t hide in our homes, can we?
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    EarlWelsh said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Nice job blaming the government
    They definitely didn’t BLAME the government, only pointed out the less than stellar job Dr. Don is doing of handling the situation.
    Eddie's message stated "our government". Oops. My bad. Ed and Pearl Jam's message. Lmao.
  • chilisuarezchilisuarez Posts: 110
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    1 hr 10 mins on hold right now, still waiting ...
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    rider10 said:
    I am quite disappointed. To me, Pearl Jam has always marked important occasions in my life. I'm moving on to the next chapter and it feels weird to do it without them. But they also offer us a reprieve during the hard times. Lord knows we have a few of those right now. At this point I doubt the tickets I get will be able to to be used during the time they reschedule. All that said, they did the right thing. I appreciate them putting our safety first. I appreciate their openness and honesty about the circumstances. I just wish Gigaton was being launch under better circumstances.

If you commute on a train, on a subway, on a bus, or are going to the one of thousands of ball games in the next month, how does this decision keep anyone safe?

i get it’s a tough call and they had that horrific nursing home situation is in their home state, but I’m not sure how a few hours of no concert is keeping anyone safe if we are living our lives anyway? Maybe they are trend setters and the NBA and NCAA is next. Somehow that seems like a long shot.
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    Yup - still on hold too. Feel bad for the reps (if there are any); this must be a nightmare

Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    Thank you pearl jam for being you, still!
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    sp1984 said:
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    Yup - still on hold too. Feel bad for the reps (if there are any); this must be a nightmare

Guess I'll be waiting much longer than sigh. Yeah it cannot be nice for them, I hope they can help us, fingers crossed 
    sp1984 said:
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:

Guess I'll be waiting much longer than sigh. Yeah it cannot be nice for them, I hope they can help us, fingers crossed 
    A few times there has a been a break in the music and I hold out hope that I've gotten through. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    RobZ said:
    DewieCox said:
    Might get slagged but I think it’s a bit premature and the comment about the government is just unnecessary. No need to deflect blame on a blameless matter. I guess togetherness is only cool if you’re living in the same echo chamber.

Agreed....and how does blaming "our government" explain the Canadian shows postponement?
    My thought when reading that was “why do you need the government to tell you what to do anyway?” Look at the data and facts, make up your own mind what you think is best.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    I’m 58 minutes now. I’ve got to go to sleep. Guess I’ll try again tomorrow while driving from Medicine Hat
    to Pincher Creek. Should give them enough time to answer my call? Perhaps I’m being to optimistic. This is Air Canada 
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    I’m 58 minutes now. I’ve got to go to sleep. Guess I’ll try again tomorrow while driving from Medicine Hat
    to Pincher Creek. Should give them enough time to answer my call? Perhaps I’m being to optimistic. This is Air Canada 
    I work night shift, so I sleep during most of the day. I guess I can hang up (and finally get to the bathroom) and try again on my commute home in the morning when there might actually be more than a few people answering the phone. 

Side note: Medicine Hat is still one of my favorite town names in CA. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    sp1984 said:
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    kramer73 said:
    PJNB said:
    I work night shift, so I sleep during most of the day. I guess I can hang up (and finally get to the bathroom) and try again on my commute home in the morning when there might actually be more than a few people answering the phone. 

Side note: Medicine Hat is still one of my favorite town names in CA. 
    All hell for a basement! 
    Got through to AirCanada! stay strong! No fee to cancel. 100$ change fee when rebooking flights - must be booked by Jan. 13th 2021. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    sp1984 said:
    Got through to AirCanada! stay strong! No fee to cancel. 100$ change fee when rebooking flights - must be booked by Jan. 13th 2021. 
    Are they being kind due to the Coronavirus or did you have a refundable ticket in the first place?
    rummy said:
    sp1984 said:
    Are they being kind due to the Coronavirus or did you have a refundable ticket in the first place?
    Non-refundable ticket purchased through 3rd party website. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    sp1984 said:
    rummy said:
    sp1984 said:
    Non-refundable ticket purchased through 3rd party website. 
    Wow. I’m somewhat impressed/surprised. I looked to see what would happen if I canceled online and they offered next to nothing back (about $50 on a $400 ticket). I guess speaking to an agent helps (?).
    edited March 2020
    I booked through Air Canada direct (basic no-refund ticket with fees for changing) so maybe I've been lucky because of booking direct. I finally got through to them after 1 hour 40 mins on hold lol, to someone very nice and patient and kind; I got a credit for x3 separate flights I had booked for the dollar value of the flights, valid for 1 year and 90 days. I'm pretty happy about that as with my job I'm lucky enough to be flexible to hopefully be able to make the new dates. If not I can use the credit for something else I guess, it doesn't have to be for the same 3 routes I had with them either which is nice too.  
    Post edited by chilisuarez on
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Yes call in, I booked with westjet.  I tried their online chat and they said to phone in so I'll do that tommorow.