Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    alphawolf said:
    @nicknyr15 woo...thats just as cold as in Maryland ❄️ 🥶 🏄 

need hawaii type temps 🌴😸

Ocean city MD is one of my favorite places to surf. My wife and I drive down 4-5 times a year 
    I have never heard anyone say this about Ocean City in my entire life.  There's a first for everything!
    I should add**within driving distance** 

im not big on the jersey shore and I’m not a fan of AC. We love OCMD after Labor Day. The hotel we stay at, the surf shops, the fall waves, the food etc..  Never in peak season though. 
    That makes much more sense!!  I was like, damn, OC getting some notoriety for something other than high school kids with summer jobs partying.  We movin' up!

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    SHZA said:
    As long as you have groups of people bar crawling for ST Patrick’s day like they did in Chicago Saturday, this thing is definitely going to get worse and stay worse. 
    National quarantine is imminent, hopefully such gatherings won't be an option 
    Exactly right. First they tried to convince people to practice social distancing, but that wasn't working. So they shut down schools, and limited gathering sizes to 250 people. That didn't work because people figured they'd still go hang out at the bar, go out to eat, hang out with friends, etc.. Now we're hearing to avoid gatherings of 10 or more. People still won't heed that. Many are telecommuting now. I've seen kids planning play dates and events as if the school closures were some sort of spring break. Now some cities are on lock down. We'll see that on state levels by the end of the week if not sooner, and sometime in the next week or two I'm guessing we'll get a national lock down if people can't behave themselves. So to the selfish out there who think they're invincible or that this won't affect them, knock it off. Just stop. Stay home and minimize interaction to only the necessary - groceries, medications, work (if appropriate) and health care visits. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    DewieCox said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    It’s a gamble though to set new dates right now, isn’t it?! Nobody knows how this is gonna evolve and winter is flu season. A new corona wave on top and those dates would have to be postponed again 
    I’d say the thinking is that with a vaccine, better treatments and overall awareness they it will become more manageable. Assuming they’d be conservative with reschedules but I could also see where insurance and other issue could affect that.
    I saw a news report that a vaccine trial is underway now in Seattle.  That is fantastic news potentially.  However, the report indicated that if the trial is successful, it is still well into 2021 before the vaccine would be available.  And it’s just a trial.  It might not work.  So whatever may support the December dates, I don’t think it can be a vaccine.  I think it is a gamble.  There isn’t anyone on the planet who knows how this will play out.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,299
    jeffbr said:
    SHZA said:
    As long as you have groups of people bar crawling for ST Patrick’s day like they did in Chicago Saturday, this thing is definitely going to get worse and stay worse. 
    National quarantine is imminent, hopefully such gatherings won't be an option 
    Exactly right. First they tried to convince people to practice social distancing, but that wasn't working. So they shut down schools, and limited gathering sizes to 250 people. That didn't work because people figured they'd still go hang out at the bar, go out to eat, hang out with friends, etc.. Now we're hearing to avoid gatherings of 10 or more. People still won't heed that. Many are telecommuting now. I've seen kids planning play dates and events as if the school closures were some sort of spring break. Now some cities are on lock down. We'll see that on state levels by the end of the week if not sooner, and sometime in the next week or two I'm guessing we'll get a national lock down if people can't behave themselves. So to the selfish out there who think they're invincible or that this won't affect them, knock it off. Just stop. Stay home and minimize interaction to only the necessary - groceries, medications, work (if appropriate) and health care visits. 
    Yes, the lockdown that is imminent should have been declared 5-7 days ago. At least, based on the already delayed reaction by the incompetent buffoon. They had every chance to be much further ahead of this than what they are. Every day a complete lockdown/quarantine/Marshall Law is delayed no, will be an extra day of dealing with it when it is finally declared. Just friggin do it now and get it over with!

The sooner it is in our RVM, the sooner we can see PJ perform RVM.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    It's the selfish that care more about their spring break plans and going out drinking that will be the cause of most of the spread....I saw video of crowded beach in FLA.

• willbarclaywillbarclay Posts: 3,298
    Keith 

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    It's the SELFISH that care more about their spring break plans and going out drinking that will be the cause of most of the spread....I saw video of crowded beach in FLA.

And they’re all standing in line.
    Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time.
    Me I figure as each breath goes by,
    (well you know the rest)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    nobody can comprehend what is really happening. the age of selfies . to me short for selfish. people planning play dates when school is closed. horrid. the problem with this virus is that is spreads very easily. people who are positive don't readily know and spread it around . there will not be enough ventilators and steroids for those in need when this gets out of hand like in italy. thats the real problem, as well as it will cut short a lot of peoples lives who are elderly with underlying problems as well as others with other health issues.  so those who think its okay to go to bars etc i have no words. no president of any party can stop stupidity. from the people i have spoken to who know what they are talking about this will not necessarily end any time soon. hot weather is not necessarily going to stop this pandemic. ask tom hanks who is in australia during their summer.  please everyone do your best. stay safe . help your neighbor .  dropped off home made cookies to mine. 
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    MF117973 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    alphawolf said:
    @nicknyr15 woo...thats just as cold as in Maryland ❄️ 🥶 🏄 

need hawaii type temps 🌴😸

Ocean city MD is one of my favorite places to surf. My wife and I drive down 4-5 times a year 
    I have never heard anyone say this about Ocean City in my entire life.  There's a first for everything!
    I should add**within driving distance** 

im not big on the jersey shore and I’m not a fan of AC. We love OCMD after Labor Day. The hotel we stay at, the surf shops, the fall waves, the food etc..  Never in peak season though. 
    I grew up in Maryland and used to go to OC quite a bit. Haven't been in years. Is the Sunshine House surf shop still there. Those t-shirts were everywhere in high school. (sorry to go off topic of this thread)

He opened Chaunceys surf shop. 
    I think theres two of them. 
    You can still get the old original Sunshine House tshirts there! 

@nicknyr15 pm me and we shall make it happen! 

@hescalleddyer growing up here, our outer shoals created some of the most consistent waves on the east coast. Ive got pics from 15' days. In Maryland, and Delaware. 6-8' days were common in the summer in the 90s. Unfortunately the now yearly dredging destroys the beach breaks during summer and you usually have to hit the inlets. Even Delaware. The picture from Waynes World? Its is a fantastic inlet with north and south spots breaking consistently at the same time. Sorry to derail the thread. Carry on 🌊 

#selfpollutionradio2020 please 🙏🏼 
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    edited March 2020
    I would love a self pollution type thing!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    For anyone flying frontier: (if frontier is doing this, everyone else probably already is)
    FRONTIER Low Fares Done Right

INTRODUCING A NEW ONLINE OPTION TO CHANGE AND CANCEL FLIGHTS WITH NO FEES

For upcoming travel through April 30th, you can now change or cancel your flight through our online change/cancel tool without incurring a change fee. Simply visit flyfrontier.com and select the "MyTrip/Check-in" section to make changes to your reservation. You'll need to have your confirmation number handy to look up your reservation. No change fees will be charged, but if you are changing to a new flight the difference in fare may apply. 

If you already submitted a request via our online form, we encourage you to use this tool instead to complete your change(s) automatically. For more information about our current change and cancel policy visit flyfrontier.com/travel/travel-info/new-change-policy/

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work together through this challenging time.

• NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    just posted regarding my hotel situation in another thread:

I was unable to get any traction with my Priceline booking (non-refundable but this is a state of emerg for gods sake!) for the San Carlos Hotel in Manhattan.  Priceline contacted San Carlos, but said San Carlos would not refund despite the global pandemic.  When I called out San Carlos on Twitter, they indicated to call them and they would make it right.  All B.S.  They ask about rescheduling for a later data LOL.  Who the hell knows when we will be going back to NYC or be able to travel safely at this point?  Oh well, guess I will lose the $$$ for the 3 nights.  PJ Mob, don't book with San Carlos on your future trips!
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    edited March 2020
    I think there should be a well documented list of companies that do not, at the very least, offer a voucher of equal value (i.e. a future flight ticket for a flight that may not be used now). 
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    I think there should be a well documented list of companies that do not, at the very least, offer a voucher of equal value (i.e. a future flight ticket for a flight that may not be used now). I thought I heard ***just a rumor*** that Disney World was not refunding passes that could not be used. If that is the case, I would refuse to go there in the future. 
    Not true about DisneyWorld, they refunded me.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    I think there should be a well documented list of companies that do not, at the very least, offer a voucher of equal value (i.e. a future flight ticket for a flight that may not be used now). I thought I heard ***just a rumor*** that Disney World was not refunding passes that could not be used. If that is the case, I would refuse to go there in the future. 
    I’ve always found Disney to have awesome customer service.  

We were in Disney a couple of years ago when Hurricane Matthew was on its way.   We had two days left on our tickets and knew we needed to start driving back home before the hurricane hit.  We were able to use one of the remaining days on the final day the parks were open before the hurricane arrived but they closed the parks early at 5pm that day.  We stayed until about 2pm and then bugged out for the drive back to NJ.  We called Disney after he got home and they not only gave us new tickets for the day they were closed but they also gave us an extra day for the one where they closed early - even though we used our ticket that day until 2pm.  We were able to use the tickets the following spring on another trip. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
     Brian Fallon (Gaslight Anthem) is announcing rescheduled dates for his spring tour.  So far three shows have been rescheduled for the end of July into early August.  Seems optimistic but hopefully he pulls it off. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Not true about DisneyWorld, they refunded me.
    Thank you for the info. Glad I emphasized it was a rumor and I edited the original post to remove said rumor. 😉
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,032
    Foo Fighters date haves been rescheduled so hopefully we’ll hear soon
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    With the goal of cancelling all these events to slow down the spread of the virus, it seems optimistic that things will
    kst said:
    DewieCox said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    It’s a gamble though to set new dates right now, isn’t it?! Nobody knows how this is gonna evolve and winter is flu season. A new corona wave on top and those dates would have to be postponed again 
    I’d say the thinking is that with a vaccine, better treatments and overall awareness they it will become more manageable. Assuming they’d be conservative with reschedules but I could also see where insurance and other issue could affect that.
    I saw a news report that a vaccine trial is underway now in Seattle.  That is fantastic news potentially.  However, the report indicated that if the trial is successful, it is still well into 2021 before the vaccine would be available.  And it’s just a trial.  It might not work.  So whatever may support the December dates, I don’t think it can be a vaccine.  I think it is a gamble.  There isn’t anyone on the planet who knows how this will play out.

No, but I also don't think society can stay on lock down for 8 months.  Government's lucky if they can keep things floating for a month or two.    If it goes long, it's going to become untenable financially.    My guess.  If it's not under control in 2 months, it's going to turn into chaos.  Either Financially, or people saying F it and moving on, because they can't afford not to.   Definitely won't be a good time to throw a show.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    Smashing Pumpkins just rescheduled their postponed dates to the fall.  PJ is running out of available dates in the Fall to reschedule. I’m thinking we are now looking at 2021 or 2022.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    vedpunk said:
    Smashing Pumpkins just rescheduled their postponed dates to the fall.  PJ is running out of available dates in the Fall to reschedule. I’m thinking we are now looking at 2021 or 2022.
    I think we will still get shows in September/October for Pearl Jam.  Europe will get pushed to Summer of 2021.  They may be waiting to announce everything all at once (rescheduled dates + new fall dates + Europe 2021)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    vedpunk said:
     2022.... come on. 

A couple of bands book their fall tours and now Pearl Jam is running out of available dates? October, November and December are wide open for all arenas. MSG is probably the busiest in that span and there are a couple of spots that there is over a week of no bookings at a time. Also they were the first to drop out of the spring tour madness and I bet if they wanted to they got the drop on everyone else for new dates. 

I mean ya it could go to next year but I do not think availability will have anything to do with it and more so the unknown of what to expect from the virus. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    They are not going to announce anything new until the medical and scientific community say we are in the clear, and there is an on-going mitigation plan for larger gatherings and a consensus that medically round 2 can be less ferocious and managed.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    PB11041 said:
    They are not going to announce anything new until the medical and scientific community say we are in the clear, and there is an on-going mitigation plan for larger gatherings and a consensus that medically round 2 can be less ferocious and managed.
    Agreed. Postponing shows to autumn is a major gamble. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Assuming life goes back to normal by the fall...

I wonder if venues will look at trying multiple events per day? A basketball game at noon, a concert at 8. There are more things needing/wanting to be rescheduled everyday and only so many dates on the calendar.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    There's a big difference between letting us out of our houses and allowing 20,000 people to gather at a concert.  All the rescheduled dates I've gotten for other bands I take with a grain of salt.  They have no idea and neither does anyone else.  Until we lower the curve, have a reliable treatment or a vaccine it's all a guessing game.

I think bands are rescheduling dates because they've already sold tickets and don't want to refund a shit ton of money.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited April 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    There's a big difference between letting us out of our houses and allowing 20,000 people to gather at a concert.  All the rescheduled dates I've gotten for other bands I take with a grain of salt.  They have no idea and neither does anyone else.  Until we lower the curve, have a reliable treatment or a vaccine it's all a guessing game.

I think bands are rescheduling dates because they've already sold tickets and don't want to refund a shit ton of money.
    No one can predict the future but there are going to be a lot of concerts, sports and other events fighting for arena holds in the fall if this virus is taken care of.  I’m guessing bands that rescheduled shows later in the year probably just wanted to be first in line.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • D-Rod said:

Yea I would bet a lot of money that these dates will need to be re-rescheduled. There is no chance that there will be concerts or sporting events of any kind until there is a vaccine. So, we are looking at Summer 2021 in my opinion. Sad. But inescapable. 
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    JimmyV said:
    Assuming life goes back to normal by the fall...

I wonder if venues will look at trying multiple events per day? A basketball game at noon, a concert at 8. There are more things needing/wanting to be rescheduled everyday and only so many dates on the calendar.
    Wouldnt that be impossible to coordinate?  I mean, if the basketball game is at noon, that means it ends about 3.  Then they have to set up the stage by, 7?  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission