Spring NA Tour Officially Postponed

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Thoughts and prayers to those who have to scroll past political posts during these trying times.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    JimmyV said:
    Thoughts and prayers to those who have to scroll past political posts during these trying times.
    Gutted. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:
    Post of the year so far lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    JimmyV said:
    Save them for tomorrow. National Day of Prayer. 
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Every ski resort in CO is closed by governor order. Was heading to Breckenridge as an escape and made it 9 hours but will just turn around and head home.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    hihobibo said:
    JimmyV said:
    I’m hoping tomorrow can be declared the National Day of Science 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    RK50065 said:
    Every ski resort in CO is closed by governor order. Was heading to Breckenridge as an escape and made it 9 hours but will just turn around and head home.
    My friend skiied Saturday at Sugarbush in VT and Sunday they are closing. 

hihobibo said:
    JimmyV said:
    Fuck 45 and his fake "national day of prayer"...he doesn't care one iota about any of us, about OUR well being, about OUR security and ability to support and take care of ourselves. He only cares if market tanks...which it will. I see a depression, not just a recession coming.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    hihobibo said:
    JimmyV said:
    Fuck 45 and his fake "national day of prayer"...he doesn't care one iota about any of us, about OUR well being, about OUR security and ability to support and take care of ourselves. He only cares if market tanks...which it will. I see a depression, not just a recession coming.
    You are absolutely correct about 45.
    Unfortunately republican politicians and voters don't care about those things as long he claims to be a lover of christ and guns and a hater of abortion, immigrants, and anyone not white and christian.
    hihobibo said:
    JimmyV said:
    You are absolutely correct about 45.
    Unfortunately republican politicians and voters don't care about those things as long he claims to be a lover of christ and guns and a hater of abortion, immigrants, and anyone not white and christian.
    I absolutely can't take this anymore...I've been looking for work for a while so I've had a lot of time to read/listen/get pissed off. My anxiety level is through the roof over our situation...I honestly don't know what to do next. I see NOTHING positive on the horizon either financially for this country nor in the public health venue...as long as this evil presence is still allowed to control our lives. 
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646

Enough politics....
    think of the snowboarders!!!🏂 
    Nothing like this has ever happened in my 20 years in Big Sky.
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2020
    Phew, Big White is staying open until April 19 Plan B is still ago! Traded in my Ride snowboard to ski with the little one. It's easier on the quads, too!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    alphawolf said:

Enough politics....
    think of the snowboarders!!!🏂 
    Nothing like this has ever happened in my 20 years in Big Sky.
    Get the wetsuit on and come paddle out! Ocean is open! 😀
    @nicknyr15 where are you located? do i need a 5/4/3 or can i get away with a 4/3?

2004 - Asheville

2010 - Bristow

2022 - Camden

• craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Anyone else notice that the list of postponed shows are now in a different order from the original scheduled pattern. Meaningless im sure, but worth thought 
    alphawolf said:
    @nicknyr15 where are you located? do i need a 5/4/3 or can i get away with a 4/3?
    Brooklyn ny. I surf in Rockaway. I’m fine with a 4/3 hooded, 5 mil gloves, and 7 mil boots. However, this winter has been mild. Water temps are around 40. Under 35 and you’ll def need 5/4. 
    @nicknyr15 woo...thats just as cold as in Maryland ❄️ 🥶 🏄 

need hawaii type temps 🌴😸

2004 - Asheville

2010 - Bristow

2022 - Camden

alphawolf said:
    @nicknyr15 woo...thats just as cold as in Maryland ❄️ 🥶 🏄 

need hawaii type temps 🌴😸

Ocean city MD is one of my favorite places to surf. My wife and I drive down 4-5 times a year 
    Haaa!!!
    thats been my summertime home for 30+ years!
    fenwick island is where its at! 😎

2004 - Asheville

2010 - Bristow

2022 - Camden

alphawolf said:
    Haaa!!!
    thats been my summertime home for 30+ years!
    fenwick island is where its at! 😎
    Awesome! Yea we love it. 
    Lets have a surf session when the flu is finished, in the nice 90° sunny humidity! ☀️ 🌊 

2004 - Asheville

2010 - Bristow

2022 - Camden

alphawolf said:
    Lets have a surf session when the flu is finished, in the nice 90° sunny humidity! ☀️ 🌊 
    Sure thing! I’ll be there Memorial Day week. Then I come back 3-5 times after Labor Day. 
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    So about that spring tour postponement......
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,299
    edited March 2020
    JP218404 said:
    But he is a genius of himself

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

Hopefully things clear up soon so we can get on with healthier citizens, healthier economy and the tour announcements.

In the meantime, here are some quotes from our leader to reassure us what capable hands we are in:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.” NOTE: The CDC advises people displaying symptoms to stay home and self-quarantine unless seeking medical care.

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

Current status: As of noon March 8, 2020, coronavirus is in 30 states plus the District of Columbia. Known U.S. cases exceed 400. The death toll stands at 19.

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    edited March 2020
    RK50065 said:
    No offense, but you didn’t see this coming before driving 9 hours? I’m surprised they stayed open this longThe first cases in CO came from ski resorts.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    mace1229 said:
    RK50065 said:
    No offense, but you didn’t see this coming before driving 9 hours? I’m surprised they stayed open this longThe first cases in CO came from ski resorts.
    That's fair. I knew the risk but tried anyway.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I am glad the band postponed the tour. I can't imagine trying to get to, or even enjoy, the shows under these circumstances.  Even if somehow the shows were allowed in the cities, there would be a massive cloud hanging over them.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission

• "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .

• Anyone get this email yesterday?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .