Options

Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,203
    I agree odds are against anything in 20 and even the first half of 21 is questionable.

But the fact is nobody knows what the future holds.  Let’s just wait and see for a couple of months.  Ohana is almost half a year away and there is room in the calendar to push it back a couple of months.  If it doesn’t happen, so be it, it’s just a festival, but no need to decide now. 

Stay safe all. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    kst said:
    I agree odds are against anything in 20 and even the first half of 21 is questionable.

But the fact is nobody knows what the future holds.  Let’s just wait and see for a couple of months.  Ohana is almost half a year away and there is room in the calendar to push it back a couple of months.  If it doesn’t happen, so be it, it’s just a festival, but no need to decide now. 

Stay safe all. 
    Agreed. I’m hoping this show goes on with an understanding there’s a very slim chance it does. However with the time frame being over five months away, there’s no need to decide now. Production, etc probably needs two months time? Make a decision then or earlier if CA governor  outlaws large events in September. 
    No need to crush people’s hope, however small, that it still could happen. We all know that’s a slim chance 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,362
    JazzFest just said no to their proposed rescheduled festival in October... ....so just stop with the false hope that any festival will happen... ESPECIALLY not in NJ  or California this fall. I'm sad for loss of Ohana but let's just call this year what it is....
  • Options
    Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    fwiw Brian Fallon is performing on Ohana's Instagram live right now and seems relatively positive about the festival. doesn't mean much but it's not like he's been informed this won't be happening yet. 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    kst said:
    I live in California...our Gov won't let it happen...I give up. ...the artists will be informed when we all are....Coachella will not happen, Stagecoach will not happen, Ohanan will not happen in So Cal.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited April 2020
    I’m in California Also. Neither will Aftershock. The mid state fair. Local fairs. What about theme parks. Madness. But it’s all better than being dead. So whatever it takes. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    kst said:
    I live in California...our Gov won't let it happen...I give up. ...the artists will be informed when we all are....Coachella will not happen, Stagecoach will not happen, Ohanan will not happen in So Cal.
    If it happens, sorry you will miss it.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I’m in California Also. Neither will Aftershock. The mid state fair. Local fairs. What about theme parks. Madness. But it’s all better than being dead. So whatever it takes. 
    Exactly. Believe me, I'm just as bummed as everyone else. This was going to be an awesome year for concerts for all of us. I'd rather stay healthy. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Exactly. Believe me, I'm just as bummed as everyone else. This was going to be an awesome year for concerts for all of us. I'd rather stay healthy. 
    PJ Oakland was supposed to be this weekend. Then Cypress Hill on 4/20 in Oakland and Rage after that. It was going to be an epic week coming up. And the rest of the year too. But concerts or my health. I’ll take my health. Anyone who believes that mass gatherings will happen this year in California needs to put down the pipe. This year, not a chance. Plus how many just can’t go any longer because of all this missed work or no longer have jobs. It’s over Johnny,  over. 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The lineup was so good for this year's festival, but I really would be surprised if it ends up taking place. It's important everyone stays safe though.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    fwiw Brian Fallon is performing on Ohana's Instagram live right now and seems relatively positive about the festival. doesn't mean much but it's not like he's been informed this won't be happening yet. 
    They are taking those positions publicly because if the festival is insured then they likely need to wait for the Government to intervene as opposed to canceling on their own. The Dodgers held a special zoom for priority ticket holders yesterday and Stan Kasten kept saying games are currently postponed and no decisions have been made yet. He knows full well that there aren’t going to be games in Dodger Stadium this year and certainly the games already missed aren’t being “rescheduled”. 
  • Options
    kst said:
    kst said:
    If it happens, sorry you will miss it.
    If it happens I won't...but it won't happen so I'm not gonna cry when ALL the festivals decide to shut it down.
  • Options
    Comic Con canceled here.... next up will be Green Day show at Petco Park that same week
  • Options
    I have black Crowes in sep in LA, ohana (2 nights) And Green Day at dodgers stadium already purchased. I’m just waiting for the official cancelation. And not counting both Oakland shows this weekend. That’s a lot of money to have in limbo. 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 596
    Still, it’s over 5 months to Ohana and a lot can change by then.
  • Options
    Taylor Swift announced today that all her 2020 shows are postponed. 
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Taylor Swift announced today that all her 2020 shows are postponed. 
    Was taking the wife to that in Berlin and seeing PJ the next day. Had bought the Taylor Swift tickets off stubhub. Gonna be interesting to see how that refund process is handled since it’s cancelled outright and they’re reportedly hemorrhaging cash. I really don’t want a 125 percent credit or whatever they were offering earlier. 
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 383
    I have black Crowes in sep in LA, ohana (2 nights) And Green Day at dodgers stadium already purchased. I’m just waiting for the official cancelation. And not counting both Oakland shows this weekend. That’s a lot of money to have in limbo. 
    I have PJ tickets 2 each show (SD,LA,LA,OAK,OAK).2 tickets to both RATM shows in Oakland. 2 tickets to Aftershock in Sacramento. 2 lawn passes to see all shows this year at Shoreline in Mountain View. They were gonna have a great year of good bands.That's 18 tickets I'm still holding. I feel your pain.  :|

Shoreline Lineup (we were going to all of these since they are free with season pass)
    Journey with Pretenders SAT, May 30
    Daryl Hall & John Oates WED, Jun 10
    Chris Stapleton's All-American Roadshow SAT, Jun 13
    Santana / Earth, Wind & Fire: Miraculous Supernatural 2020 Tour TUE, Jun 23
    Lady Antebellum: Ocean Tour 2020 FRI, Jul 3
    Foreigner: Juke Box Hero Tour 2020 with Kansas and Europe TUE, Jul 14
    Thomas Rhett: The Center Point Road Tour 2020 FRI, Jul 31
    Korn & Faith No More FRI, Aug 14
    Maroon 5 WED, Aug 19 
    Disturbed: The Sickness 20th Anniversary Tour With Staind & Bad Wolves FRI, Sep 4
    Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band SAT, Sep 5
    Breaking Benjamin with Bush and Theory of a Deadman TUE, Sep 8
    The Black Crowes Present: Shake Your Money Maker WED, Sep 9
    The Doobie Brothers with Michael McDonald - 50th Anniversary Tour SAT, Sep 12
    Sammy Hagar & The Circle w/special guest Whitesnake & Night Ranger SUN, Sep 13
    Sam Hunt: Southside Summer Tour 2020 FRI, Sep 18 
    Matchbox Twenty with The Wallflowers SAT, Sep 19
    Rascal Flatts Farewell: Life Is A Highway Tour 2020 THU, Oct 1
    Nickelback: All The Right Reasons Tour with Stone Temple Pilots & Switchfoot SAT, Oct 3
    Zac Brown Band Sun.Oct.25
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    I live here in CA and I'm stubborn. Until such time Ohana is canceled, I'm still looking forward to it. I think if anything, they might stop selling tickets to put a cap on attendees and make preparations for people to wear masks. If Ohana is canceled, I expect same line up and tickets rolled over the next year. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I live here in CA and I'm stubborn. Until such time Ohana is canceled, I'm still looking forward to it. I think if anything, they might stop selling tickets to put a cap on attendees and make preparations for people to wear masks. If Ohana is canceled, I expect same line up and tickets rolled over the next year. 
    Yes.  Keep the faith.  It ain’t over till it’s over.  And then it won’t really be over anyway, just delayed.  

• Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 632
    This image from Jax beach yesterday, so who knows.

a group of people walking on a beach People crowded the beaches in its first open hour on April 17 2020 in Jacksonville Beach Fl David RosenblumGetty Images

I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    This image from Jax beach yesterday, so who knows.

a group of people walking on a beach People crowded the beaches in its first open hour on April 17 2020 in Jacksonville Beach Fl David RosenblumGetty Images

You'll know when 25-50% of these idiots get sick or test +
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Latest from Rolling Stone on concerts happening this fall. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/promoters-doctors-different-concert-timelines-985662/

“the experts all agree on one thing: Major festivals and large-scale concerts are unlikely to proceed in 2020” And that’s just talking generally, not specifically about CA and NY where the government has already given clear indications there will be no events in 2020 with large crowds. The article notes Newsom’s stance on the position. “California Gov. Gavin Newsom has been repeatedly vocal in his disbelief that any sort of mass gathering would be able to take place in the state before the end of the year.”
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Latest from Rolling Stone on concerts happening this fall. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/promoters-doctors-different-concert-timelines-985662/

“the experts all agree on one thing: Major festivals and large-scale concerts are unlikely to proceed in 2020” And that’s just talking generally, not specifically about CA and NY where the government has already given clear indications there will be no events in 2020 with large crowds. The article notes Newsom’s stance on the position. “California Gov. Gavin Newsom has been repeatedly vocal in his disbelief that any sort of mass gathering would be able to take place in the state before the end of the year.”
    Guess I’ll be getting my Ohana money back.
  • Options
    Ohana could be pushed to November, which may have a bit better odds than September, though still slim.  It’s difficult to see now how SHN could work out at all.

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    Is it?  ;)  #OHANAHOPE2020
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Is it?  ;)  #OHANAHOPE2020
    Touché 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 596
    Luckytwn1 said:

Then why did Coachella get rescheduled to early October? The experts and the Governor would have had all the information two months ago regarding when social events would seem likely.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    matt84 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

Then why did Coachella get rescheduled to early October? The experts and the Governor would have had all the information two months ago regarding when social events would seem likely.
    Apparently you didn’t bother to read the article. Bottom line, Coachella isn’t going to happen. Just like JazzFest was moved from Spring to Fall and they just announced it is off for the year. The governments were not ready to step in then. JazzFest was cancelled for the year now because the government wanted it canceled. Again, it helps to read the article.

”Following pressure from New Orleans Mayor Latoya Cantrell, New Orleans Jazz Fest organizers, who originally slated the fest for the last two weekends of April before rescheduling to the fall, 
    canceled the whole event until 2021.”

And of course, Newsom was not going to declare two months ago what he has decided now. It would have been premature and I’m sure he was hoping the response of the federal government would have been robust enough to have events interrupted for a few months, as opposed to perhaps a year or more. Unfortunately, as we now know, that has not played out. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
This discussion has been closed.