Options

Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    I think we'll be ok in late September. As I suggested in the Europe tour thread, I think temperatures will be checked before entry, and masks will be required to be worn while at festival.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    I think we'll be ok in late September. As I suggested in the Europe tour thread, I think temperatures will be checked before entry, and masks will be required to be worn while at festival.
    You don't know that...I have a feeling there will be NO festivals this year...no one wants to be the one to go too soon, not worth it. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,181
    Temperature check is not a covid test. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 813
    I don't see those measures happening, but if it needs to happen to go on with the show, I'm down for it. 

So NJ and Ohana are all that are on the books now!  I sure hope that life resumes as normal by the school year in mid to late August (or I'll be picketing and probably wind up in jail as my kids need to go to high school!).  We can't hide in our homes for a year or two until a vaccine that may not even work better than the flu vaccine comes out. 

As far as concerts (and sporting events) going on...as long as people aren't making out or high fiving strangers or hacking into the air close to people, it should be good.  Most research suggests that this is most commonly passed on by touching something or someone that has the virus on them, then putting your hands on your face. 

PJ was one of the first groups to postpone shows, which was probably a good idea to flatten the curve.  Now I'd like to see PJ be one of the first to resume with the shows in NJ and Ohana.  Man, those will be epic if they happen.  Glad I got my Ohana tix!

Come on PJ...the world needs live music.  Let NJ and Ohana happen!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    As I mentioned in another thread, Gov. Newsom is already on record as saying he highly doubts there will be events with large crowds in CA during August and September so the chances of Ohana happening are not good.

Beyond that, the idea that a festival is checking the temperature of 15,000 people is obviously a pipe-dream and it also ignores the fact that so many people who may have the virus are asymptomatic. I would bet Pearl Jam doesn't play any public shows in 2020.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:
    As I mentioned in another thread, Gov. Newsom is already on record as saying he highly doubts there will be events with large crowds in CA during August and September so the chances of Ohana happening are not good.

Beyond that, the idea that a festival is checking the temperature of 15,000 people is obviously a pipe-dream and it also ignores the fact that so many people who may have the virus are asymptomatic. I would bet Pearl Jam doesn't play any public shows in 2020.
    Agree, very naive to think that anyone without a fever ISN'T contagious...that's been the problem all along since this started in Feb....just checking the temp of people at airports arriving from Europe didn't mean much....plenty of people came back as carriers but might not have been sick. 
    I live in So Cal and can't imagine our Gov, who has been very aggressive at controlling gatherings, allowing a festival in Sept. 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 590
    I highly doubt we’ll be seeing any live shows now until 2021 unfortunately. I think the cancellation of these 2 festivals could come a lot sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    I don't see those measures happening, but if it needs to happen to go on with the show, I'm down for it. 

So NJ and Ohana are all that are on the books now!  I sure hope that life resumes as normal by the school year in mid to late August (or I'll be picketing and probably wind up in jail as my kids need to go to high school!).  We can't hide in our homes for a year or two until a vaccine that may not even work better than the flu vaccine comes out. 

As far as concerts (and sporting events) going on...as long as people aren't making out or high fiving strangers or hacking into the air close to people, it should be good.  Most research suggests that this is most commonly passed on by touching something or someone that has the virus on them, then putting your hands on your face. 

PJ was one of the first groups to postpone shows, which was probably a good idea to flatten the curve.  Now I'd like to see PJ be one of the first to resume with the shows in NJ and Ohana.  Man, those will be epic if they happen.  Glad I got my Ohana tix!

I also bought Ohana tix as a contingency plan if the spring shows got cancelled and while I’ll hold onto a small glimmer of hope that it’ll still happen, I’m fully expecting it to get cancelled like the rest. Especially when they’re already mentioning in the news that the earliest any sporting events would take place would be after Thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    Ohana seems likely to be postponed or cancelled as well, but there is time to wait and see if medical science solves this thing first.  Odds are against it, but no reason not to give it another 3-4 months to see what happens.  Every scientist in the world is working on it and a bunch of things are being trialed. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    LennyCLennyC Posts: 18
    I had planned a trip from Australia and bought tix to both festivals. 
    Our government are suggesting even if domestic travel within Australia is relaxed soon, international travel is unlikely to resume for at least 6 months
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693

According to this post in Blabbermouth today. We may not see shows till next year.:

Live Concerts May Not Return Until Fall 2021: Healthcare Advisor

Dr. Ezekiel "Zeke" Emanuel, one of the key architects of the Affordable Care Act and a special adviser to the director general of the World Health Organization, told The New York Times that he doesn't anticipate it to be safe to return to concerts, sporting events and other mass public gatherings for another 18 months.

"Restarting the economy has to be done in stages, and it does have to start with more physical distancing at a work site that allows people who are at lower risk to come back," he said. "Certain kinds of construction, or manufacturing or offices, in which you can maintain six-foot distances are more reasonable to start sooner. Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they're going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that's a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we're talking fall 2021 at the earliest. Restaurants where you can space tables out, maybe sooner."

He continued: "In Hong Kong, Singapore and other places, we're seeing resurgences when they open up and allow more activity. It's going to be this roller coaster, up and down. The question is: When it goes up, can we do better testing and contact tracing so that we can focus on particular people and isolate them and not have to reimpose shelter-in-place for everyone as we did before?"

Public health experts have repeatedly expressed their concern that Americans are underestimating how long the coronavirus pandemic will disrupt everyday life in the country.

As the coronavirus disease continues to spread, live event organizers have been canceling or postponing large gatherings, including concerts and festivals.

Entertainers, crew and other workers in the industry have already lost billions of dollars as a result of COVID-19-related cancelations, representing only a small fraction of the financial devastation that will be experienced by workers in the sector as cancelations continue to roll in.

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 813

I also bought Ohana tix as a contingency plan if the spring shows got cancelled and while I’ll hold onto a small glimmer of hope that it’ll still happen, I’m fully expecting it to get cancelled like the rest. Especially when they’re already mentioning in the news that the earliest any sporting events would take place would be after Thanksgiving. 
    I heard one politician's opinion in Santa Clara, CA about Thanksgiving, but I think it is way too soon to write off things opening up much before then.  It's only April...still very early. 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,674
    I doubt there is any concerts or festivals for atleast a year minimal.
  • Options
    The jury is still out.  There are something like 60 drug trials ongoing or planned.  It only takes one of them to work.  

• Options
    Lots of concerts here in the UK are being rescheduled to September/October time and I see it’s the same for a lot of concerts in the US too.

Personally, I don’t see any of these happening but I would love to be wrong. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,190
    The only problem with Ohana, is it's in CA.  Their governor seems intent on keeping them shut down despite the rest of America aiming to be re-opening within the next month  through a tiered approach.  Likely, Ohana won't survive.
  • Options
    The best we can hope is the decision is made much closer to the time, and based on the best available information at that time.

• Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    kst said:
    The best we can hope is the decision is made much closer to the time, and based on the best available information at that time.
    I respectfully disagree. The sooner the better for any cancellations. The sooner there is a good answer and plans can be changed and or rearranged. There is a lot of money sitting in limbo right now and plus I would just like to know. Pearl Jam this year. Yes or no. So I can move on. That goes with all shows I bought for this year. But it’s just a waiting game. Oh well. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    kst said:
    The jury is still out.  There are something like 60 drug trials ongoing or planned.  It only takes one of them to work.  
    It takes one to work and systems in place to get the drug to a large amount of people at a reasonable price.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    kst said:
    I respectfully disagree. The sooner the better for any cancellations. The sooner there is a good answer and plans can be changed and or rearranged. There is a lot of money sitting in limbo right now and plus I would just like to know. Pearl Jam this year. Yes or no. So I can move on. That goes with all shows I bought for this year. But it’s just a waiting game. Oh well. 
    I’m fine to disagree as it’s a question of opinion and attitude.

But I wouldn’t be so quick to assume refunds will be forthcoming.  They aren’t refunding the Europe shows so far.  I made this same comment on the Europe discussion before they cancelled and people said that’s silly of course they will refund if they postpone.  (I haven’t heard from those folks since the Euro announcement.)  And it’s not just PJ.  It’s the whole industry.

Given that they are likely to hold the cash anyway, and that a clear yes cannot be given at this time, best option is no decision until necessary.

• Options
    kst said:
    It takes one to work and systems in place to get the drug to a large amount of people at a reasonable price.  
    Systems and pricing are important, I agree, but if something actually works those other things are very solvable.  

• Options
    kst said:
    kst said:
    I’m fine to disagree as it’s a question of opinion and attitude.

But I wouldn’t be so quick to assume refunds will be forthcoming.  They aren’t refunding the Europe shows so far.  I made this same comment on the Europe discussion before they cancelled and people said that’s silly of course they will refund if they postpone.  (I haven’t heard from those folks since the Euro announcement.)  And it’s not just PJ.  It’s the whole industry.

Given that they are likely to hold the cash anyway, and that a clear yes cannot be given at this time, best option is no decision until necessary.

True. But for me personally, since no one in their right mind tours Fresno, all of my shows are hours away. I’m just ready to sell my seats if the rescheduling doesn’t work. I’m pretty much counting my two Oakland shows canceled because I had planned my vacation around them.(we sign up in Nov/Dec for the next year and I was able to trade this week with a co worker when the tour was announced.) But in all honesty, it is what it is. If I can make it to the rescheduled shows great, if not I sell my seats. I just wish for the sake of planning, they announce a more concrete thing like they did the Europe tour. First world problems I know. But here in California it looks like any shows will be next year at the earliest. 
  • Options
    The only problem with Ohana, is it's in CA.  Their governor seems intent on keeping them shut down despite the rest of America aiming to be re-opening within the next month  through a tiered approach.  Likely, Ohana won't survive.
    And for the most populous state we are keeping cases and deaths under control thanks to our Gov. 
    NO CONCERTS, esp festivals, will be going on this fall I'm fairly certain. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    And for the most populous state we are keeping cases and deaths under control thanks to our Gov. 
    NO CONCERTS, esp festivals, will be going on this fall I'm fairly certain. 
    Thank you. The state has done an incredible job so far. Much props to the state of California for setting the standard. Sucks for us here but it’s better than sickness and death. 

And to add. When a concert or event is postponed it SHOULD be a law that refunds are made available to those who can no longer attend       People plan around those dates and when it changes for any reason, the tickets should be able to be refunded. I didn’t purchase tickets to any event to have my money or the show dangled into space without a escape clause. I know they offer the insurance but that’s a scam. Date, or venue changes refunds should have to be offered. That’s just fair. Yes life isn’t fair but business practices should be. A Sat show in Oakland is a lot different than a rescheduled show on a Wednesday of the next year. Hopefully something good will come from this for the fans. Probably not, corporate greed rules the land. Until then, stay safe and healthy and hopefully refunds or shows are in our near future. ☮️ 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • Options
    I wasn’t saying they’re justified in not providing refunds.  It’s terrible actually.  

• Options
    kst said:
    I wasn’t saying they’re justified in not providing refunds.  It’s terrible actually.  
    For sure. The way they (ticket companies) do it. They should just announce the tour and the cities without dates if dates don’t matter. I just don’t understand how it’s legal to change the event you paid for and not offer a refund for those who can no longer attend. I have Black Crowes tickets for the forum in Sep. it’s a sat so that’s why I picked that show. I’m always off on sundays. If they reschedule that show for any other day of the week I can’t go. So am I stuck selling my tickets for a loss if it gets changed? It just seems like bullshit. But we live in a world bloated with corruption so I am not surprised. Hopefully Covid-19 slams Ticket-bastard and others so they have to make it fair for consumers going forward. But we all know that won’t happen. So I’ve just spent five mins typing for nothing. 
  • Options
    Rather than Ohana getting cancelled and those with tickets getting to use them in 2021, I wonder if putting it back till end of October or early November is an option.

Either way I hope this isn’t going to be a last minute cancellation and they announce something within the next month.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    matt84 said:
    Rather than Ohana getting cancelled and those with tickets getting to use them in 2021, I wonder if putting it back till end of October or early November is an option.

Either way I hope this isn’t going to be a last minute cancellation and they announce something within the next month.
    I keep hearing this a lot that people want to know soon if they are going to cancel. Would you be ok if they cancelled soon and when September rolls around concerts are happening?
  • Options
    I would. Just because it’s so far to travel. Plus I’m not going to any concerts if masks and gloves are required. Fuck that
  • Options
    Yes, as there is very little chance this will be happening in September. Pushing it back a month or two at least opens it up to a better chance of happening. Just my thoughts anyway.
This discussion has been closed.