Options

Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    matt84 said:
    Yes, as there is very little chance this will be happening in September. Pushing it back a month or two at least opens it up to a better chance of happening. Just my thoughts anyway.
    That would be too cold to have an outdoor show for the Sea Hear Now festival in New Jersey.

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    November in Dana Point is fine....weather wise...
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    If it still goes on later in the year. Are masks and gloves going to be mandatory? I am almost accepting I may never go to another show again if the guidelines for public events changes. Imagine the lines to get in shows with all the precautions in place. Plus a mask on during a show. No thanks. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,558
    masks will be the norm in public for a couple years.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,179
    November in Dana Point is fine....weather wise...
    I’m in.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    matt84 said:
    Yes, as there is very little chance this will be happening in September. Pushing it back a month or two at least opens it up to a better chance of happening. Just my thoughts anyway.
    Thats not what I am asking. I am asking if you are ok with them canceling right now and then concerts are able to go on in September and they could have played if they waited to make a decision. 
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    im in the small minority on these boards but I think it's going to happen in September for a number of reasons. lot can change in 5 months. positive vibes.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    edited April 2020
    im in the small minority on these boards but I think it's going to happen in September for a number of reasons. lot can change in 5 months. positive vibes.
    Well, you’re a fan on a message board. How about we ask Governor Newsom? As it happens, he was asked today about mass gatherings in California. He foresees no mass attendance events in the state until there is a vaccine:

’The prospect of mass gatherings is negligible at best until we get to herd immunity and we get to a vaccine,” Newsom said. “So large-scale events that bring in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of strangers altogether across every conceivable difference, health and otherwise, is not in the cards based upon our current guidelines and current expectations.”

Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Well, you’re a fan on a message board. How about we ask Governor Newsom? As it happens, he was asked today about mass gatherings in California. He foresees no mass attendance events in the state until there is a vaccine:

’The prospect of mass gatherings is negligible at best until we get to herd immunity and we get to a vaccine,” Newsom said. “So large-scale events that bring in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of strangers altogether across every conceivable difference, health and otherwise, is not in the cards based upon our current guidelines and current expectations.”

You  are aware that there are two ways to get to herd immunity though right? What if we get there in the next 4 months? 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Tour De France seems to think that they can go on in late August. They just posted the new dates and their intention right now is to have fans in attendance. They would have not made this decision lightly and its going to be very interesting to see if it goes on especially with people watching. This would be way more taxing on the healthcare/police system than an arena concert would be. The virus and government will have the final say on this however but I would imagine that the Tour would have been in close communication with them to make this decision. 5 months is a long time. I know people are waiting for a vaccine but lets hope we do not need it. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

You  are aware that there are two ways to get to herd immunity though right? What if we get there in the next 4 months? 
    The other way kills a couple million Americans in a few months. I doubt we go that route so we can get back to concerts and sports more quickly. 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 590
    The announcement of the Tour de France going ahead on the 29th August is extremely positive news. I also follow lots of bands and venues on social media, and many more concerts are being announced and rescheduled between August - October. That’s not to say these will be 100% happening, but it does show that concerts are definitely on the agenda in the UK and Europe come August time.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

The other way kills a couple million Americans in a few months. I doubt we go that route so we can get back to concerts and sports more quickly. 
    We still do not know how many people have contracted this virus already and believe it or not we have no idea what the real death rate is. To say a few million people would die to get herd immunity is not accurate since the numbers you are using to get to that number is not accurate. We are only as good as our testing and our testing is still shit. 

A good example of this is what Germany is doing. They tested a group of 500 people in a municipality called Gangelt. 14% of those tested either have or had the virus knowingly or not. That is nowheres near the 60% needed to get to herd immunity but the good news out of the study is they were able to recalculate their death rate in the city using these numbers and they determined it to be 0.37%. Way below the global average but still considerably higher than the flu. This is one study in one city. More will need to be done imo and different cultures/geography are going to have to be taken into account as well but this is one example of the numbers that we see are not accurate. 

Also to clarify I am not saying we do whatever we have to do to get to herd immunity so we can see concerts again if thats how I came across. I believe in social distancing and what we are doing right now with the lockdowns. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    we do not have a RELIABLE antibody test nor do we know that "positive" anitbody test gives any kind of long term protection. 
    Gov Newsome will not let shows go on in 5 months. And since PJ is from Washington, another state in the West Coast triumvirate, they will not be wanting to go out and tour unless things change a whole lot. 
    And from the "briefings" which are really campaign rallies in the ROse Garden, it is obvious that no help is expected from the Fed. 
    So get ready for just waiting till next year. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

Not to mention, does anyone really think that If this virus raced through the population and kills millions between now and August to the point there is herd immunity, that Pearl Jam’s first thought would be we have to play Ohana in September? Society would be devastated under that scenario, both socially and economically. Concerts would not be going on. Also needed to be pointed out is that in a pandemic that (G*d forbid) rages through the country out of control like that, there would be no guarantee the band would even be intact. It’s not like rock stars have special immunity. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,797
    I'm not gonna lie I regret buying tix for Sea Hear Now.  I just can't see myself being comfortable in a large crowd in September if a vaccine is not available (and it won't be).  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    I'm not gonna lie I regret buying tix for Sea Hear Now.  I just can't see myself being comfortable in a large crowd in September if a vaccine is not available (and it won't be).  
    There is a zero point zero chance the state of NJ will allow the festival to take place on Mid September. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

We still do not know how many people have contracted this virus already and believe it or not we have no idea what the real death rate is. To say a few million people would die to get herd immunity is not accurate since the numbers you are using to get to that number is not accurate. We are only as good as our testing and our testing is still shit. 

A good example of this is what Germany is doing. They tested a group of 500 people in a municipality called Gangelt. 14% of those tested either have or had the virus knowingly or not. That is nowheres near the 60% needed to get to herd immunity but the good news out of the study is they were able to recalculate their death rate in the city using these numbers and they determined it to be 0.37%. Way below the global average but still considerably higher than the flu. This is one study in one city. More will need to be done imo and different cultures/geography are going to have to be taken into account as well but this is one example of the numbers that we see are not accurate. 

Also to clarify I am not saying we do whatever we have to do to get to herd immunity so we can see concerts again if thats how I came across. I believe in social distancing and what we are doing right now with the lockdowns. 
    Our country is doing none of that though. We’re not testing enough, we’re not antibody testing and we’re not tracing yet. We’ll be one of the last countries to recover because we’ve completely bungled the response. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    PJNB said:
    ComeToTX said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

Our country is doing none of that though. We’re not testing enough, we’re not antibody testing and we’re not tracing yet. We’ll be one of the last countries to recover because we’ve completely bungled the response. 
    Agree.. but some Gov in the red states will open too soon and we will see the virus show them who's really in charge
  • Options
    Luckytwn1 said:

not here to argue and i've personally been crushed by this virus but you can't predict anything 5 months from now. the same way back in December we couldnt have predicted this. as a person who currently lives in LA and sees my surroundings i think we'll be ok by then. some people (you) are doomsday, i am not. if you want a link here - https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

enjoy your day pal
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    I am not doomsday. The Governor of our state has already said no events with large crowds in August or September. Ohana is in September. If you can’t accept the reality, that’s your problem. 
  • Options
    There were studies coming out in mid to late January that predicted exactly what's happening now.  This shouldn't have surprised anyone but here we are.  We can't predict the future but it's really impossible for me to see mass gatherings before a vaccine.  Anyone thinking that is ignoring what the experts are saying...like most did in January.
  • Options
    then we should have them close this thread since it's a foregone conclusion....no Ohana, no Sea Hear Now....let's move on.....
  • Options
    the same people who are giving these instructions now were completely wrong about covid in January, my point is things can change. im taking this as seriously as anyone but I know people already getting antsy about being quarantined through May, hard to imagine (pun intended) everyone will be put life on hold until a potential vaccine in 2021. ultimately if we are allowed to go while taking precaution i will 100% be there.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    the same people who are giving these instructions now were completely wrong about covid in January, my point is things can change. im taking this as seriously as anyone but I know people already getting antsy about being quarantined through May, hard to imagine (pun intended) everyone will be put life on hold until a potential vaccine in 2021. ultimately if we are allowed to go while taking precaution i will 100% be there.
    First of all, every single scientist and government official who is not part of the Trump administration has been completely accurate about this pandemic and were calling for major action in January. That’s a matter of public record. Things are not changing suddenly as there’s only one person who ever said this would magically disappear. It’s just unfortunate that person happens to be President of the United States. 

The decisions are being made on a state level in California. The virus is here. Newsom has been clear on what to expect in regards to mass gatherings at least through September and as he said yesterday, he doesn’t expect them at all until there’s a vaccine. Whether you’re antsy or not is not really a consideration I’m sure in his decision making process. And seriously, how could you possibly believe there’s going to be 15,000 packed onto a beach in a GA area in September is really beyond me and I’m sure most of the other people in this thread. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,179
    November anyone?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    kst said:
    November anyone?
    Not gonna happen... Gonna be next year.  LA mayor not gonna let LA do concerts and such so the rest of SoCal can expect the same..
  • Options
    People seem to not understand the difference in shelter in place/quarantine and social distancing. We will not be sheltering in place for the next year but most of us will be social distancing and wearing masks as things start to open up a bit. 
  • Options
    kst said:
    November anyone?
    Not gonna happen... Gonna be next year.  LA mayor not gonna let LA do concerts and such so the rest of SoCal can expect the same..
    Here’s the story on Garcetti’s comments today about no events in 2020. https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/04/15/garcetti-sporting-events-concerts-unlikely-in-los-angeles-until-2021-1276698
This discussion has been closed.