Options

Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 503
    Considering Pearl Jam controls Ohana, I agree they should decide by June 1. If the decision is to postpone until 2021, then they should pause any additional payments until next year if people want to keep their tickets. They should also, of course, refund anyone who wishes to cancel their tickets. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,446
    The Cruel World Festival in Southern California in early September ( Morrissey, Bauhaus, Devo, etc.) was cancelled today.  I am not holding out much hope for Ohana this year.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    So far Coachella has not canceled, and they are a week AFTER Ohana and 10x the size.

I'm thinking if Ohana is not canceled by June 10th, it's moving forward with a strict mask policy and temperature check. If people don't want to deal with that and feel that their "freedom" is being attacked, they can request a refund. Ohana is in Orange County, a red county that has been very relaxed regarding the Covid-19 threat, and Ohana is outside on the beach. So, we'll see.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the latest installment of our Music in Crisis series, Pearl Jam&#39;s longtime monitor engineer assesses COVID-19&#39;s devastating impact on the concert industry <a href="https://t.co/4MQn7tYxH0">https://t.co/4MQn7tYxH0</a&gt; <a href="https://t.co/GCnHD2RYHN">pic.twitter.com/GCnHD2RYHN</a></p>&mdash; Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) <a href="">May 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kerry Keyes mentions "huge stadium shows" not happening, but didn't say that a 3-day weekend music festival at the beach ain't happening. 

"There are not going to be huge stadium shows any time soon; I don’t know how we’re going to tour. How do you route a tour around a city that’s on lockdown? So, it’s going to change. And, at this point, I don’t think anybody knows realistically how it’s going to change."
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    My next SHN payment was today and I didn't get charged. Don't know what it means though.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,470
    FW46778 said:
    My next SHN payment was today and I didn't get charged. Don't know what it means though.
    Same here.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,019
    So far Coachella has not canceled, and they are a week AFTER Ohana and 10x the size.

I'm thinking if Ohana is not canceled by June 10th, it's moving forward with a strict mask policy and temperature check. If people don't want to deal with that and feel that their "freedom" is being attacked, they can request a refund. Ohana is in Orange County, a red county that has been very relaxed regarding the Covid-19 threat, and Ohana is outside on the beach. So, we'll see.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the latest installment of our Music in Crisis series, Pearl Jam&#39;s longtime monitor engineer assesses COVID-19&#39;s devastating impact on the concert industry <a href="https://t.co/4MQn7tYxH0">https://t.co/4MQn7tYxH0</a&gt; <a href="https://t.co/GCnHD2RYHN">pic.twitter.com/GCnHD2RYHN</a></p>&mdash; Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) <a href="">May 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kerry Keyes mentions "huge stadium shows" not happening, but didn't say that a 3-day weekend music festival at the beach ain't happening. 

"There are not going to be huge stadium shows any time soon; I don’t know how we’re going to tour. How do you route a tour around a city that’s on lockdown? So, it’s going to change. And, at this point, I don’t think anybody knows realistically how it’s going to change."
    You either missed, or ignored, the next key sentence stating they’re all resigned to the fact they likely won’t be working this year.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,470
    edited May 2020
    Just got charged for S.H.N... 

As long as Pearl Jam is still the headliner I’m cool with them keeping my money.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,446

Ohana is held in Orange County, but the actual venue, Doheny State Beach, belongs to California, so that may determine who makes the call regarding whether or not the event happens.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I really don’t think it matters what some entitled Orange County douchebags say. Or what the governors of California and NewJersey have to say. Pearl Jam will do what they always do. What’s in the best interest and safety of their fans and crews. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,422
    "I'm thinking if Ohana is not canceled by June 10th, it's moving forward with a strict mask policy and temperature check. If people don't want to deal with that and feel that their "freedom" is being attacked, they can request a refund. Ohana is in Orange County, a red county that has been very relaxed regarding the Covid-19 threat, and Ohana is outside on the beach. So, we'll see."

Uhhhh, no...OC turned BLUE in 2018 and that has NOTHING to do with whether an event will go on or not. There will be NO festivals in So Cal this year. Outside....inside....upside down, doesn't matter. Too many people too close together. If some Q folks who think it's fake want to go crowd together in a venue, go ahead.....but there is no way California (and surely NJ) will allow this. And yes, PJ won't play if they think there is any risk...which of course there will be. And Coachella will be cancelled too...
  • Options
    footsteps86footsteps86 Posts: 113
    Not surprising, but Bloomberg is reporting AEG/Goldenvoice is now asking acts to play 2021 instead of October. This should put any speculation about Ohana still happening to rest.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-27/coachella-concert-organizers-ask-acts-to-play-next-year-instead
  • Options
    Not surprising, but Bloomberg is reporting AEG/Goldenvoice is now asking acts to play 2021 instead of October. This should put any speculation about Ohana still happening to rest.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-27/coachella-concert-organizers-ask-acts-to-play-next-year-instead
    The only people speculating about festivals the fall of this year seem to have their heads in the sand about what's going on.....see? No Coachella, no Ohana...lets move on.
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,822
    edited May 2020
    on2legs said:

As long as Pearl Jam is still the headliner I’m cool with them keeping my money.  
    This is why I asked for a layaway termination. I didn’t want to chance PJ canceling but the festival going on and I just paid Platinum prices for Billy Idol. If they end up playing I’ll just grab some GAs
  • Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    Ended up getting charged later in the day. Don't care either way as I'd be going whether it's PJ or not this year or next.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Ryan said:

You either missed, or ignored, the next key sentence stating they’re all resigned to the fact they likely won’t be working this year.
    Yeah, that’s a pretty key sentence. The event is not happening in 2020. Anyone suggesting otherwise is badly confused about what’s going on. It’s not happening because clearly Pearl Jam is not going to put their fans in danger, that’s why they were the first to postpone a tour, and it’s not happening because the Governor of California has been saying for months there will be no large scale events in the state for the remainder of this year. That’s why they should just announce alternate plans ASAP. 

And Coachella is trying to line the acts up to play next year. They’ve stated now pretty clearly there’s not going to be a festival in 2020. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 295
    on2legs said:

This is why I asked for a layaway termination. I didn’t want to chance PJ canceling but the festival going on and I just paid Platinum prices for Billy Idol. If they end up playing I’ll just grab some GAs
    How did you go about doing this?  I'm strongly considering this as well.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Did they charge you a termination fee? Ohana said they would cancel mine but it would be 65 dollars charge. So I just waiting for the cancellation and will save the 65. Bush league business practices. 
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,822
    edited May 2020
    Save Who said:
    on2legs said:

I went through front gate tickets, not SHN. I don’t have the email address off hand. But I emailed and requested my order be cancelled. It was hassle free, but a $30 termination fee. They needed the order #, last 4 of Credit card.  They told me I couldn’t terminate the layaway plan once I was paid in full so keep that in mind. If I can find the email I’ll post it 
     Found it: 
    order-support@frontgatetickets.com
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    Save Who said:
    on2legs said:

I went through front gate tickets, not SHN. I don’t have the email address off hand. But I emailed and requested my order be cancelled. It was hassle free, but a $30 termination fee. They needed the order #, last 4 of Credit card.  They told me I couldn’t terminate the layaway plan once I was paid in full so keep that in mind. If I can find the email I’ll post it 
     Found it: 
    In this case, anyone on the layaway plan who has paid in full will have to be eventually offered a refund when the show is postponed or canceled, 
  • Options
    weremin23weremin23 Posts: 308
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Save Who said:
    on2legs said:

Found it: 
    In this case, anyone on the layaway plan who has paid in full will have to be eventually offered a refund when the show is postponed or canceled, 
    Any idea on what the hold up is with cancelling it? The $890 I paid for tickets which are worthless given this isn’t happening would be nice to have back. 
  • Options
    peacepeace Posts: 55
    Since Eddie is the organizer of this event I expect the WHO recommendations which were released yesterday to be of utmost importance to him. Please read the article and post your informed thoughts on if you think this would work in the Ohana setting.
    https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-05-31-20-intl/h_0abaf13fd3170edf78371f4ca43842ea
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    edited May 2020
    Guessing they assess the importance and the necessity of the event / balanced with the risk of spreading the virus, and would not want to put on the festival 
    A concert is neither important nor necessary when concerned about stopping the spread of a virus 😷

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    So staggering arrival? How does that work for merch. And you might have to show up at noon for an eight o clock show? Shorter duration shows? Outdoor shows or virtual shows? That’s not even the same thing. Virtual shows? What’s next that I love. Virtual sex? Is that going to cost a ticket price also? 
  • Options
    peace said:
    Since Eddie is the organizer of this event I expect the WHO recommendations which were released yesterday to be of utmost importance to him. Please read the article and post your informed thoughts on if you think this would work in the Ohana setting.
    https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-05-31-20-intl/h_0abaf13fd3170edf78371f4ca43842ea
    No, will not work....we will just wait till next year
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    peace said:
    the article doesnt suggest this to be a solution for this year.
  • Options
    peace said:
    I didn't say it did....
  • Options
    peace said:
    I didn't say it did....
    when were you implying it "will not work"? how do you know you won't be held to these types of restrictions next year? 
  • Options
    peace said:
    I didn't say it did....
    when were you implying it "will not work"? how do you know you won't be held to these types of restrictions next year? 
    It won't work because there is no way you can keep people separated a certain distance at a rock show! Nor would I want that to be the case. If you want to go to a show with circles in the grass that you aren't supposed to step outside, good luck. I don't think the artists want that nor do the people paying a lot of money for tickets. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    peace said:
    I didn't say it did....
    It won't work because there is no way you can keep people separated a certain distance at a rock show! Nor would I want that to be the case. If you want to go to a show with circles in the grass that you aren't supposed to step outside, good luck. I don't think the artists want that nor do the people paying a lot of money for tickets. 
    i didnt say anything would work, that wasnt my question. i wouldnt go though.  you seemed to know that next year everything will be fine.  i thought you had info. 
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 271
    The June 1 payment for my Ohana tickets has not been taken from my account (yet?).  Not sure if that means anything.
This discussion has been closed.