Options

Ohana Festival | Sea.Hear.Now Festival

Comments

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 503
    Sometime today Ohana updated layaway accounts with the payments now due beginning May 17, 2021 so clearly the festival is postponed until next year. They did the right thing by delaying further charges. I’m sure also refunds will be offered. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,415
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Sometime today Ohana updated layaway accounts with the payments now due beginning May 17, 2021 so clearly the festival is postponed until next year. They did the right thing by delaying further charges. I’m sure also refunds will be offered. 
    What we NEED to know is if PJ is still planning to play next year...so come on Ohana...announce it canceled and let us get refunds now then we will re-buy next year.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603
    Why would Pearl Jam not be headlining Ohana next year? 
  • Options
    IM243403IM243403 Ireland Posts: 12
    edited June 2020

2021 it is.... Hopefully they will tell us soon and offer refunds! 
    Dublin 2000, Dublin 2006, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Manchester 2012, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Philadelphia 2 2013, Milan 2014

Eddie Vedder Manchester 2012
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,254
    left this thread about a month ago because I started to agree with the people who said there’s no chance this will happen.  It was depressing to agree with them.  Now that it is proven by these new payment dates, and in anticipation of this thread being closed, it is no less depressing, but I wanted to wish everyone a safe and healthy rest of the year and will keep fingers crossed that we can have some shows next year.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    I just got email from Ohana that 6/22 is going to be announcement about next year's fest. 
    I was emailing to ask about them making a decision with our $$
  • Options
    So tomorrow will be the announcement ......
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I’m holding mine for next year because Pearl Jam on the beach is something I need to be at. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    I’m holding mine for next year because Pearl Jam on the beach is something I need to be at. 
    And after the year it’s been I’m sure they’ll put on a hell of a show and make it extra special.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    And after the year it’s been I’m sure they’ll put on a hell of a show and make it extra special.
    It didn't even sell out before the lockdown....
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
     pearljammr78 said:
    i'm holding mine too. 
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    It didn't even sell out before the lockdown....
    I’m really not surprised it didn’t sell out.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Did they officially postpone Ohana?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Not yet.  Still on sale for 2020 dates right now.  Could change at any time though.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935
    LIke the way this was handled. There was no reason to take more money from people for shows we all know weren't happening this year. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    Great that Pearl Jam is set for next year again. I am going to take a guess here on what is going to happen.

Europe is going to be the next time we get to see them play live unless something crazy happens and this fall/early winter we get a vaccine and they can plan some NA shows in the spring. I am betting that the second plan for 2020 which was a loaded fall tour with both legs is going to happen next fall. September, October, November 2021 is going to be stacked I am betting. 
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I'm keeping my ticket, no way I'm canceling. I held out delusional hope, but I totally expected to hear this news. Oh well, I love Pearl Jam and we'll rock it out next September for my birthday!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    PJNB said:
    Great that Pearl Jam is set for next year again. I am going to take a guess here on what is going to happen.

Europe is going to be the next time we get to see them play live unless something crazy happens and this fall/early winter we get a vaccine and they can plan some NA shows in the spring. I am betting that the second plan for 2020 which was a loaded fall tour with both legs is going to happen next fall. September, October, November 2021 is going to be stacked I am betting. 
    Based on venue/Crew availability, it all can change. Yeah, I'm hoping for the same exact cities, just delayed by a year, but obviously that can all change, especially if the various sports teams need those venues.

If you want to read into things, Columbus was strongly rumored for a show this September. However, I also saw that many bands and artists scheduled for Columbus in 2020 were being rescheduled for the spring of 2021. Is Pearl Jam included in this? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    PJNB said:

Based on venue/Crew availability, it all can change. Yeah, I'm hoping for the same exact cities, just delayed by a year, but obviously that can all change, especially if the various sports teams need those venues.

If you want to read into things, Columbus was strongly rumored for a show this September. However, I also saw that many bands and artists scheduled for Columbus in 2020 were being rescheduled for the spring of 2021. Is Pearl Jam included in this? Your guess is as good as mine.
    Fall tour had holds and was close to being announced after Ohana/SHN according to a couple of people here. It would have made sense for both legs this fall. Now that is not happening push to next spring with holds and rinse repeat for next fall if the venues would allow for that. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    I'm guessing sea hear now will be canceled next.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    You would think.

• Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    Anyone get the email about holding tickets or the refund process yet?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,592
    I may be able to make it now. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    you can still buy tickets for Ohana...doesn't look like they'll be limiting sales much. It usually isn't that crowded except down front by the big stage. 
  • Options
    KB82926KB82926 Posts: 59
    edited June 2020

Got the email around noon PT. Called Front Gate with a question and they were quick and fast. 

Refund has to be requested through the website. You can probably login there now even if you didn’t get the email.

Email says: :

- All refund requests MUST be done by 7/22/20 at 11:59pm PST

- All refunds will be processed in as little as 30 days from when the request period ends

Post edited by KB82926 on
  • Options
    As little as 30 days...or as long as 100 years!

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Anyone start looking for Ohana 2021 hotels yet?    Doesn't look like many are available for booking yet.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Anyone start looking for Ohana 2021 hotels yet?    Doesn't look like many are available for booking yet.
    I booked this year the day after last year's fest was over...so yeah some did allow booking. There are a few like the Best Western that haven't opened up booking yet. Many people booked as soon as they knew this year wasn't happening. Gonna be really expensive ...I was sad to let the Dana Point Marina Inn go for this Sept and know I won't get it for next year. Look VRBO 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    doubletree not offering rates yet.  they told me not until sept 2020
This discussion has been closed.