Options

Superblood Wolfmoon dropping soon?

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I hear backspacer in my head
    It has a lot in common with Johnny Guitar.  I think.  Not the entire songs, but several spots.
  • Options
    It has a lot in common with Johnny Guitar.  I think.  Not the entire songs, but several spots.
    Agreed. Join me and night hawk in the garage for karate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 236
    It could be a grower for me, I don’t like it near as much as DotC, which I love.

i don’t know, it’s just kind of a mess.  is MM in the same room as the rest of these guys?  Ok solo, but doesn’t fit in the song.

i like Ed lyrics, but not when he’s too wordy which he is here.  Maybe it will be better when I know what the lyrics are.
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    solacesolace Posts: 110
    It’s also the drum intro from Undone
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
  • Options
    solace said:
    It is
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    pages_in_a_bookpages_in_a_book Dallas, TX Posts: 55
    1/2 for me. Much prefer DOTC. Superblood sounds like a b-side. I hope it grows on me. There’s something about the sound of the guitars on much of BS and LB that just sound so bland, and that’s what I get from this song. 
    Church
    something to remember me by
    1998--Dallas--Knoxville
    2000--New Orleans--Memphis--Nashville--Indianapolis--Cincinnati--Columbus--Detroit--Chicago--Eddie at Ralph Nadar Rally--St. Louis--Kansas City--Houston x2--Dallas--Lubbock
    2003--San Antonio--Dallas
    2020--The Long Road to OKC #20
  • Options
    Dvdpenny72Dvdpenny72 Seattle Posts: 108
    solace said:
    It is
    It absolutely is! Maybe they'll segue into undone after when they play it live 
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 737
    she is a stunner part definitely sounds like Johnny Guitar.. that’s ok, dig this song
  • Options
    So far lots are hearing same as me. Thats new. Haha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    That is my fave song on Backspacer.  Lovin this.  I feel a lot of REM too.
  • Options
    Intro sounded like Undone. I'm sold!
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Intro sounded like Undone. I'm sold!

I hear that now, my first impression was WWS.
  • Options
    solacesolace Posts: 110
    I think it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but the main riff on the chorus is basically a slightly sped up/reworked ‘Bitch’ by the Stones. 
  • Options
    The  more i listen  the more its just a lazy song. Its filler for me at this point. Each to their own at least i love clairvoyants. 1/2is ok
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,343
    Love it!  Great song except I just dont like that la la la part.  Sounds cheesy and like Ed just couldn't come up with lyrics for that part so he just threw that in.  Kind of makes me cringe.

Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    I think it's pretty awesome!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,557
    Reminds me of something different on each listen. Currently getting "big wave"
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    Love it!  Great song except I just dont like that la la la part.  Sounds cheesy and like Ed just couldn't come up with lyrics for that part so he just threw that in.  Kind of makes me cringe.

There's a lot of words. That part is not that long 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    Sounds so good with a good pair of headphones.  Loving the production so far on the first 2 songs.  Can’t wait to hear this thing in Atmos.
  • Options
    I'm not a big fan of the fast songs with too many words.  This seems to be one of them.  Only one listen though, so maybe it'll grow on me. There are parts I like, like the solo and some of the riffing.  
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,343
    igotid88 said:

True but it just really throws the song off in my opinion.  It seems out of place.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Surf song
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,298
    It’s ok, I’m sure it will grow on me. So far I much prefer DotC
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    That’s a great song !
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Real Drums!

Sounded great
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    I'm not a big fan of the fast songs with too many words.  This seems to be one of them.  Only one listen though, so maybe it'll grow on me. There are parts I like, like the solo and some of the riffing.  

When the vocal is going full speed there is not much else to listen to. That’s when it sounds like Ed and his Backing Band. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,424
    igotid88 said:

True but it just really throws the song off in my opinion.  It seems out of place.
    All songs with non words somewhere in the middle throw you off?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I like it. Best part of the song is from 00:45 to 1:10.. it’s something different, Super catchy. At first I was like, same ol backspacer music, then that part came out and caught me off guard, then they got away from it, could’ve added it around after 1:37 or right before or right after  the solo . Pretty good either way 
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188
    Doesn’t seem like the popular opinion, but I feel Superblood Wolfmoon outperformed DoTC first listen for first listen. Will this one age as well after it becomes familiar? I hope so. New music makes me feel like a kid again, and there aren’t many things left that do that. Good times, 10 more songs and a tour to come. Thank you PJ!