*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED FOR A SECOND TIME *** (392 days after the first)

Comments

seriously though. how stupid do you have to be to get impeached TWICE??

2 time popular vote loser
    2 times impeached.
    candidate with the most votes ever cast against.

he is the world champion of being impeached.
    It's easy to get impeached twice when the dems run the house?

I don't know why everyone is excited about this.  The house still has a great divide in it.  Only 10 republicans voted for it?  That's 200 people that do not see eye to eye at all.  That is what worries me most.  What do they see that others aren't?

Telling me that their party is full of racists and bigots isn't a constructive answer either so let's refrain from that.
    PJNB said:
    tbergs said:
    It'll be interesting in 2 1/2 years when the Republicans regain the house and Senate and vote to impeach Biden for  (insert whatever reason they can find here). This impeachment proves nothing and basically is worthless because it's still 95% democrats voting on it. It just proves the political system is fucked and that we can expect this back and forth bullshit to continue. Over 100 reps voted against Biden's electoral win last week. This country is a disaster and the same things we're saying about Trump are what the new Trumplicans will be saying about Biden, only it will sound batshit to us. There's no reasoning with people who are that far gone.
    Why wait until they have the house?

aaaaand it begins.

Don't like who was voted in?  Impeach them.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624

Plus the fact he has stopped paying him his 20K daily wage. Surprised their relationship lasted as long as it did with how bad Rudy handled everything. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited January 2021

2 times impeached.

I don't know why everyone is excited about this.  The house still has a great divide in it.  Only 10 republicans voted for it?  That's 200 people that do not see eye to eye at all.  That is what worries me most.  What do they see that others aren't?

Telling me that their party is full of racists and bigots isn't a constructive answer either so let's refrain from that.
    Assembling, inciting & sending a mob to lynch the VP doesn't deserve impeachment? 

Extorting the president of Ukraine to influence the American election doesn't deserve impeachment? 

2 times impeached.

Assembling, inciting & sending a mob to lynch the VP doesn't deserve impeachment? 

Extorting the president of Ukraine to influence the American election doesn't deserve impeachment? 
    I'll say it again.

WHY does half of the senate disagree w you, the democrats and 10 republicans that voted for it?  Why does half the country still vote for Trump?

Huge disconnect.

I heard Trumps speech and I will defend it in this, he did not have a lynch mob to go after the Vice President.  That to me is stretching it a bit too much.

He did rally the troops though.

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

WHY does half of the senate disagree w you, the democrats and 10 republicans that voted for it?  Why does half the country still vote for Trump?

Huge disconnect.

I heard Trumps speech and I will defend it in this, he did not have a lynch mob to go after the Vice President.  That to me is stretching it a bit too much.

He gathered that crowd, he incited that crowd, he sent that crowd down Pennsylvania Ave, they built a gallows, and they stormed the building chanting "Hang Mike Pence". 

You can believe whatever you want, but those are facts. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    edited January 2021

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

He gathered that crowd, he incited that crowd, he sent that crowd down Pennsylvania Ave, they built a gallows, and they stormed the building chanting "Hang Mike Pence". 

The idiots in the crowd that built the gallows, Trump told them to do that?  Trump told them to hang Pence?  Damn I missed that in his speech.

he did say to "go get them" but man, cmon.  Lynching and hanging now?  Words have meaning but I heard them and didn't think they meant that.  These same people must be influenced by the backwards messages in Beetles and Heavy Metal albums too?

EDIT:  I do think Trump is responsible for the storming but I stand by my above statements.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

The idiots in the crowd that built the gallows, Trump told them to do that?  Trump told them to hang Pence?  Damn I missed that in his speech.

he did say to "go get them" but man, cmon.  Lynching and hanging now?  Words have meaning but I heard them and didn't think they meant that.  These same people must be influenced by the backwards messages in Beetles and Heavy Metal albums too?

EDIT:  I do think Trump is responsible for the storming but I stand by my above statements.
    You are being far to literal.  

That said, this is the problem with vilifying 100% of what someone you don't like or disagree with politically does.  

The Wall.  Dumb idea...but the sentiment behind it wasn't racist for everyone.  There are legit immigration issues to be worked.  Tax cuts = always vilifying as for the rich and against the poor.  People saying how "evil" someone is.  It's the political equivalent of calling everyone with some different opinions about racial issues "racist".  The Dems vilified the Bush's.  The Rep vilified Clinton and Obama.  Always taking it to the extreme to fire up their voting base.  This won't stop with Joe in office. And it doesn;t stop with just presidents.  Leaders in congress as well.  And yes, a few are that evil and awful.
    hippiemom = goodness

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

If only there were instances in world history from which we could learn about charismatic political leaders who brainwashed their followers with endless & nonstop lies and how that worked out for those nations. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    PJNB said:
    tbergs said:
    It'll be interesting in 2 1/2 years when the Republicans regain the house and Senate and vote to impeach Biden for  (insert whatever reason they can find here). This impeachment proves nothing and basically is worthless because it's still 95% democrats voting on it. It just proves the political system is fucked and that we can expect this back and forth bullshit to continue. Over 100 reps voted against Biden's electoral win last week. This country is a disaster and the same things we're saying about Trump are what the new Trumplicans will be saying about Biden, only it will sound batshit to us. There's no reasoning with people who are that far gone.

aaaaand it begins.

abuse of what power?  may be pres elect but until jan 20 at noon he is still a private citizen.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

You are being far to literal.  

That said, this is the problem with vilifying 100% of what someone you don't like or disagree with politically does.  

The Wall.  Dumb idea...but the sentiment behind it wasn't racist for everyone.  There are legit immigration issues to be worked.  Tax cuts = always vilifying as for the rich and against the poor.  People saying how "evil" someone is.  It's the political equivalent of calling everyone with some different opinions about racial issues "racist".  The Dems vilified the Bush's.  The Rep vilified Clinton and Obama.  Always taking it to the extreme to fire up their voting base.  This won't stop with Joe in office. And it doesn;t stop with just presidents.  Leaders in congress as well.  And yes, a few are that evil and awful.
    As far as being too literal, am I?  Then My backwards messages statement rings true even more and that everything said has an underlying meaning and symbolism to it, which I do not buy.  

One thing interesting about what you said is it doesn't go back to Regan.  I believe this all starts to come about with Clinton and spirals from there.

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

was still a result of his call to march ON the capitol and to fight like hell.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

If only there were instances in world history from which we could learn about charismatic political leaders who brainwashed their followers with endless & nonstop lies and how that worked out for those nations. 
    Trump is anything but charismatic.  
    I won't disagree on misinformation that he spews either.  That is a given.

So we do agree on a few things.
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

I remember a PJ concert where vedder said " Let's go after them(politicians) w pitchforks and sticks w flames on it"  Do you think the crowd took him seriously?  He did say to contact your lobbyist afterwards but still.  People may have taken Trump too literally, which is what did happen.

Again, I do believe that he incited the crowd to go to the capitol but the actions that those frenzied people were in, is of a mob mentality.  He started it for sure.
    I appreciate the back and forth here people.  Making points and not getting crazy, being civil.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited January 2021

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

Trump is anything but charismatic.  
    I won't disagree on misinformation that he spews either.  That is a given.

So we do agree on a few things.

He used to be charismatic.  Now he is an old fool.  He is a bully, still, and a bright symbol.  (Of hate, greed, power, etc)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

I remember a PJ concert where vedder said " Let's go after them(politicians) w pitchforks and sticks w flames on it"  Do you think the crowd took him seriously?  He did say to contact your lobbyist afterwards but still.  People may have taken Trump too literally, which is what did happen.

Again, I do believe that he incited the crowd to go to the capitol but the actions that those frenzied people were in, is of a mob mentality.  He started it for sure.
    Why did he incite the crowd to go to the Capitol? To subvert our democracy by overturning the results of the election. 

If that doesn't warrant impeachment, why even have impeachment? 

If extorting the president of the Ukraine to tell lies in the hopes of influencing the upcoming election isn't worthy of impeachment, than what is? 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    The potus should be held to some standard I would think.
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

did anyone go after any politicians?

• mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

Or did PJ have over 600 concerts over 4 years where Eddie said that and 15,000+ fans followed them around? And Eddie stepped in front of a camera, mic or got on Twitter and spewed baseless lies about those politicians at every turn? Sure they and he did, sure. Same-same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

Or did PJ have over 600 concerts over 4 years where Eddie said that and 15,000+ fans followed them around? And Eddie stepped in front of a camera, mic or got on Twitter and spewed baseless lies about those politicians at every turn? Sure they and he did, sure. Same-same.
    Pointing out that sometimes people don't take you seriously or literally.  That was obviously my point that was missed...  Tsk tsk.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited January 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    PJNB said:
    tbergs said:

aaaaand it begins.

abuse of what power?  may be pres elect but until jan 20 at noon he is still a private citizen.
    I assume that she is referring to when he was VP and the Burisma/China conspiracies. You can guarantee if introduced, over 2/3 of republicans in the house would support it. This is where America is right now. The right has no interest in changing the course they have set. There was no rebuke of Trump at the polls. If there had been, they would have followed suit, but he gained voters so those without a soul are entrenched because their local voters are on board. Even if some don't believe it and want to change, they won't because they don't know how to dispute the BS and keep their supporters. Play the game to stay in power.
    It's a hopeless situation...

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

Pointing out that sometimes people don't take you seriously or literally.  That was obviously my point that was missed...  Tsk tsk.

very poor comparison. Given both the actual intelligence and the emotional intelligence of a PJ crowd vs trumps base.

further had any fans actual took ed up on the suggestion, he would have been just as culpable as fuckstick is here.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

It was a poor comparison and a knock on how this band actually conducts itself. Also, I don't know of the comment you mentioned and question the wording and context. Not to knock on you, but sometimes we aren't very good at recalling things and it is almost impposible for anyone to refute what you said because it's a vague reference. Eddie may make some borderline comments at times, but there is nothing that could ever compare to what has happened the last several months and years.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited January 2021

Should Charles Manson have gone to jail? He didn't kill anyone. 

Sure, he incited his followers to go commit murder, but is it his fault people took him literally? 
  • mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

Because Eddie said it once at concert you attended isn’t quite the same as what Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat has been doing. Were you not drawing some comparison about words and their meaning? Tsk tsk indeed.

Like I worry whether people take me seriously or literally. Or did you mean “you” in the general sense? Tsk tsk tsk, c’est le ce.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Sure, he incited his followers to go commit murder, but is it his fault people took him literally? 
    Thank you
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    tbergs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

It was a poor comparison and a knock on how this band actually conducts itself. Also, I don't know of the comment you mentioned and question the wording and context. Not to knock on you, but sometimes we aren't very good at recalling things and it is almost impposible for anyone to refute what you said because it's a vague reference. Eddie may make some borderline comments at times, but there is nothing that could ever compare to what has happened the last several months and years.
    It's the Louisiana 2000 bootleg series.  Right after DTE I believe.

I love how I cite something just to make a point yet no one wants to agree with it.

This is why we have a divide in the country.  People dismiss things right off the bat if they don't agree with it.

My Uncle interviewed Manson and I will say this, he had the ability to have people do whatever he said.  He had quite a few Manson disciples show up at his doorstep or in his house for that matter.  Manson is a whole other ball of wax.

Manson actually controlled people.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

2 times impeached.

I'll say it again.

Huge disconnect.

Because Eddie said it once at concert you attended isn’t quite the same as what Tricky Team Trump TREASON Tax Cheat has been doing. Were you not drawing some comparison about words and their meaning? Tsk tsk indeed.

Like I worry whether people take me seriously or literally. Or did you mean “you” in the general sense? Tsk tsk tsk, c’est le ce.
    I just ignore you for the most part now actually, except this time.