*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED FOR A SECOND TIME *** (392 days after the first)

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
edited January 2021 in A Moving Train
One option was supposed to be "Never because he will be voted out in November." Somehow I couldn't add that in and it won't let me edit the options. Oh well.

Depending on what happens this year, this thread can also be about the potential charges he will face after leaving office. Donald Trump, after all, is the most corrupt "human being" to ever hold the office of the presidency. God help us all. 
chinese-happy.jpg

*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED FOR A SECOND TIME *** (392 days after the first) 14 votes

7%
jpgoegel 1 vote
57%
The Jugglerstuckinlinemfc2006Jearlpam0925gotthebottlemarjenPJ_SoulConorKavanagh 8 votes
14%
F Me In The BrainGlorified KC 2 votes
21%
gimmesometruth27jeffbrtempo_n_groove 3 votes
Post edited by The Juggler on

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited February 2020
    Was leaning towards the voted out in 11/20 option but I couldn't create that for some reason. Though, if that doesn't happen, my money would be on 2021.

Anyway, it's not even been a week and it appears as if he's back to abusing his powers with the Stone case and probably a lot of other shit we don't know about yet. The self impeaching son of a bitch can't help himself!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Good thread.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
     =) love the persistence! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I picked the most optimistic option in the previous impeachment poll and I couldn't have been more wrong. So this time around, no more optimism. We've become a lawless banana republic, so I'm going with the most pessimistic option. I'd love to see Trump strung up and publicly flogged as punishment for what he's doing to this country, but instead he'll skate on everything. Nothing can touch him. And after he wins in 2020, Don, Jr will be positioned to become 46. They've already started chanting 46 at Trump rallies when he speaks. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    #theprocess
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    he is going to win re-election and he is never going to face justice. 

if dems did not go after bush and cheney for their war crimes in iraq, trump is for sure going to skate until he dies at the age of 103.

the good die young. pricks live forever.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    ^ it also will give him the unending attention he craves.  he feeds on good and bad.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my option is now a pessimistic "never". I won't claim to be able to predict whether he'll win a second term or not, but he certainly will never face any real consequences for his actions. none of the top politicians ever do. history has shown this. trump will be no different. especially given how he has inexplicably been able to turn every cowardly/partisan republican into one of his own lackeys. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554

if dems did not go after bush and cheney for their war crimes in iraq, trump is for sure going to skate until he dies at the age of 103.

2023?  I'm tempted to check that box as well but when it comes to the idea of Trump being re-elected, I must confess to some heavy duty denial.  If he is re-elected I know I will fantasize about moving out of the country or just simple never looking at the news or AMT (that becomes a temptation anyway when things get weird here which they have done more so lately) and just stay at home and listen to my records, watch movies and drink coffee. 

But I must me some kind of political/ current events masochist because I know I'll keep wanting to see what's happening in the world. 

I watched the documentary "Echo in the Canyon" last night which is a fine movie about the music and cultural scene in LA and Laurel Canyon in the late 60's.  I lived that era and it certainly had its flaws- some of them major- but it was a vibrant time.  People were creative as hell, new ideas were sprouting and it was a time of cultural and sometimes political renaissance.  We are now in the nadir of that zenith.  The only consolation to that is seeing that in history, there will likely be a better time to come again.  Assuming, of course, we don't destroy ourselves, which is also a possibility.

That's my pessimistic bullshit post of the day.  I'm going to make another pot of coffee and try to jack up my spirits.  Though this is a good one, these Trump threads always have a way of making me flinch a bit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

2023?  I'm tempted to check that box as well but when it comes to the idea of Trump being re-elected, I must confess to some heavy duty denial.  If he is re-elected I know I will fantasize about moving out of the country or just simple never looking at the news or AMT (that becomes a temptation anyway when things get weird here which they have done more so lately) and just stay at home and listen to my records, watch movies and drink coffee. 

But I must me some kind of political/ current events masochist because I know I'll keep wanting to see what's happening in the world. 

I watched the documentary "Echo in the Canyon" last night which is a fine movie about the music and cultural scene in LA and Laurel Canyon in the late 60's.  I lived that era and it certainly had its flaws- some of them major- but it was a vibrant time.  People were creative as hell, new ideas were sprouting and it was a time of cultural and sometimes political renaissance.  We are now in the nadir of that zenith.  The only consolation to that is seeing that in history, there will likely be a better time to come again.  Assuming, of course, we don't destroy ourselves, which is also a possibility.

That's my pessimistic bullshit post of the day.  I'm going to make another pot of coffee and try to jack up my spirits.  Though this is a good one, these Trump threads always have a way of making me flinch a bit.
    I loved loved loved summer last year when i made the consious decision to turn my phone off and stay the fuck away from the internet. it was the happiest i'd been in years. it's so hard to get away from. it was easy at the cottage. no wifi. wife breathing down my neck about data usage. sun shining. beach mere feet away. 

but the cold dark hell of canada (and having a job that isn't very stressful) it's fucking hard to stay away. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    brianlux said:

I loved loved loved summer last year when i made the consious decision to turn my phone off and stay the fuck away from the internet. it was the happiest i'd been in years. it's so hard to get away from. it was easy at the cottage. no wifi. wife breathing down my neck about data usage. sun shining. beach mere feet away. 

but the cold dark hell of canada (and having a job that isn't very stressful) it's fucking hard to stay away. 

I need to take that kind of break one of these days.  It gets depressing keeping up with current events when those events are so depressing much of the time.

Maybe some day you'll follow Neil Young's lead and move to a warmer climate.  I used to love living in San Francisco and as much as I hate the hot days here in the summer, I don't miss being in the fog so much of the time (unless it's one of my own creating, haha!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I need to take that kind of break one of these days.  It gets depressing keeping up with current events when those events are so depressing much of the time.

Maybe some day you'll follow Neil Young's lead and move to a warmer climate.  I used to love living in San Francisco and as much as I hate the hot days here in the summer, I don't miss being in the fog so much of the time (unless it's one of my own creating, haha!)
    (at the risk of being told to take this to pm's), I'd love to stay in canada, so what a lot of people do is move to "canada's florida" (British Columbia) to retire. But my wife gets severely affected by lack of sun. she'd literally prefer to be in -45 degrees with sunshine than in 10 degrees and rain or cloud. And she's right. I've seen what it does to her. But you don't have to live on the coast of BC to get the effects of the weather. BC's interior is also a great place to live. Hopefully one day........
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

For me, even just unfollowing Trump was a boon to my psyche last year. It's really nerve wracking to read the nonsense he spews there. Makes me anxious.

I have a vacation coming up at the end of March and I am looking forward to shutting off the outside world for a week or so. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,014
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

For me, even just unfollowing Trump was a boon to my psyche last year. It's really nerve wracking to read the nonsense he spews there. Makes me anxious.

I have a vacation coming up at the end of March and I am looking forward to shutting off the outside world for a week or so. 

I too have stopped looking at his tweets and stopped coming to atm and reading trump threads every day. Now just pop in once in awhile. It’s been very helpful because at the end of the day it’s a depressing situation we are in. Unfortunately, I think he’s going to be re-elected and never face punishment for any of his bullshit (which bums me out beyond belief). My only hope is he missteps so badly that the Republicans have to turn on him. I just don’t even know what that would entail though. 
  • Being told this, not publicly condemning and disavowing this and doing nothing, is impeachable and warrants removal from office, yes or no?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/politics/trump-russia-intelligence-2020/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    Being told this, not publicly condemning and disavowing this and doing nothing, is impeachable and warrants removal from office, yes or no?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/politics/trump-russia-intelligence-2020/index.html
    absolutely. impeach the motherfucker again.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    Being told this, not publicly condemning and disavowing this and doing nothing, is impeachable and warrants removal from office, yes or no?

gop has to be vocal in this.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

They won’t be. They’re all in and just as compromised. Jim Jordan floated as acting chief of some intelligence agency. You know, the fast talking in circles full of exasperation repub house member from Georgia? What a joke. Suckers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:

They won’t be. They’re all in and just as compromised. Jim Jordan floated as acting chief of some intelligence agency. You know, the fast talking in circles full of exasperation repub house member from Georgia? What a joke. Suckers.
    You mean Doug Collins. Same thing...well other than the whole covering up sexual abuse stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyrat said:

You mean Doug Collins. Same thing...well other than the whole covering up sexual abuse stuff.
    Yes, I mixed up my sleazebags.

Brilliantati©
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,085
    edited February 2020

At that time I was pretty angry at Obama. But in hindsight he was correct.

As bad as trump is, we should never ever ever be THAT country that locks up or indicts former presidents.

unless, of course, they shoot someone on Fifth Avenue 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250

At that time I was pretty angry at Obama. But in hindsight he was correct.

As bad as trump is, we should never ever ever be THAT country that locks up or indicts former presidents.

unless, of course, they shoot someone on Fifth Avenue 

And now we’re a country where the president is above the law! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I am fully prepared for him to serve a second term.
    Since 1993.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    I am fully prepared for him to serve a second term.
    Are you prepared for a president who doesn’t abide by any laws? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    CM189191 said:
    Duh, all my calendars already have Feb 26th marked on them.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    CM189191 said:
    Duh, all my calendars already have Feb 26th marked on them.
    Made me lol 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020