Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    edited February 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    IT works like a ticket drop.... and you just click sell when it goes live. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?  Some think there are special rules for 10C.. nope.
    If you go to TM help and search fan to fan exchange you get instructions. 
    It was not set up to help you direct tickets to anyone in particular. 
    Just right place, right time.. like searching for a ticket drop. 
    Again, assuming you are tech savvy this all seems very obvious. 

It also seemed 'easy' to figure out how to select the shows you wanted to enter the 10C lotto for and reorder them based on your preference and I figured it out in 2 seconds.   Many, many people had no clue what they were doing and thought it went in the order that you selected the shows by default.

Go read the FB posts on this.

People are completely lost on how this is going to work.

I've learned a valuable lesson in my career the last decade. Never assume people will get even the simplest of tasks if you do not break them out and explain it to them like they are a 4 year old child.

How are people completely lost on how this is going to work?? The only think we don't know is when people can start listing, and how long after they are listed will they be available?  Other than that, it's as simple as going on the site, seeing the tickets listed, and buying them.  

I don't think it's really on TM to breakdown a relatively simple process.  It's not their fault that people are impatient, don't read through rules/instructions, and just assume things.  
    Have you been on FB?
    Admittedly, I have not.  I have an account but honestly try and avoid most of the PJ stuff on there.  
    Post edited by CantKeepmedown on
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    IT works like a ticket drop.... and you just click sell when it goes live. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?  Some think there are special rules for 10C.. nope.
    Correct. It really is a simple process.  When people sell they become available.  Click on any other artist or event and you ll see.  
    Is it confirmed that people already have the options to sell their tix? I have tix for MSG where this isn’t an option. 
    Try to sell your msg tickets to me.    That way we will all know.  
    Omg... you all act like it's a sale day where you have to get in right at 10am local!
    Tickets will drop,  you've just got to keep checking... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. 
    Oh.. and agree 1000%... this is great for the people selling extras. Pretty much guaranteed to get your money back unless selling behind stage QC or OAK2
    We just want to know when the sale starts. It’s not too much to ask. If you have the patience to wait that’s great for you. Some, including myself, would rather secure tix now and move on. 
    The “sale” starts whenever someone posts their tickets for sale. I’ve thought about whether it would have made sense for TM to hold back primary inventory to post on the exchange when it goes live, but I can’t think of why they would do such a thing. 
    No ...the "sale" starts when the blue arrow marked SELL goes live under your tickets on TM
    My apologies. When I see the question “when does the sale start” I naturally see it from the perspective of the buyer rather than the seller. I personally have a hard time imagining anyone (again, other than a scalper) who is anxiously waiting to find out the exact second when they can list their tickets for shows happening over a month from now. But maybe that’s a failure of imagination on my part. 
    I don't have extras to sell so my perspective is the same. That said, a friend of mine has extras for STL and messaged me last night to be sure that I didn't want them as she intends to sell them as soon as she can today. People who want/need their refund asap will be listing as early as they can.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I have two friends in need of Denver tickets. The process is self-explanatory, but I have concerns as to whether or not there will be many (if any at all) tickets for this show on fan-to-fan being that they’re allowed to sell on StubHub. Sucks if not. Well find out soon. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct. It really is a simple process.  When people sell they become available.  Click on any other artist or event and you ll see.  
    Is it confirmed that people already have the options to sell their tix? I have tix for MSG where this isn’t an option. 
    Omg... you all act like it's a sale day where you have to get in right at 10am local!
    Tickets will drop,  you've just got to keep checking... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. 
    Oh.. and agree 1000%... this is great for the people selling extras. Pretty much guaranteed to get your money back unless selling behind stage QC or OAK2
    We just want to know when the sale starts. It’s not too much to ask. If you have the patience to wait that’s great for you. Some, including myself, would rather secure tix now and move on. 
    The “sale” starts whenever someone posts their tickets for sale. I’ve thought about whether it would have made sense for TM to hold back primary inventory to post on the exchange when it goes live, but I can’t think of why they would do such a thing. 
    No ...the "sale" starts when the blue arrow marked SELL goes live under your tickets on TM
    My apologies. When I see the question “when does the sale start” I naturally see it from the perspective of the buyer rather than the seller. I personally have a hard time imagining anyone (again, other than a scalper) who is anxiously waiting to find out the exact second when they can list their tickets for shows happening over a month from now. But maybe that’s a failure of imagination on my part. 
    I don't have extras to sell so my perspective is the same. That said, a friend of mine has extras for STL and messaged me last night to be sure that I didn't want them as she intends to sell them as soon as she can today. People who want/need their refund asap will be listing as early as they can.
    No doubt about that. But I’d be surprised to find out that they’re stressing over what time exactly it goes live, the way that those of us interested in buying are. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    Saltzy23 said:

It also seemed 'easy' to figure out how to select the shows you wanted to enter the 10C lotto for and reorder them based on your preference and I figured it out in 2 seconds.   Many, many people had no clue what they were doing and thought it went in the order that you selected the shows by default.

I've learned a valuable lesson in my career the last decade. Never assume people will get even the simplest of tasks if you do not break them out and explain it to them like they are a 4 year old child.

How are people completely lost on how this is going to work?? The only think we don't know is when people can start listing, and how long after they are listed will they be available?  Other than that, it's as simple as going on the site, seeing the tickets listed, and buying them.  

I don't think it's really on TM to breakdown a relatively simple process.  It's not their fault that people are impatient, don't read through rules/instructions, and just assume things.  
    Have you been on FB?
    Who goes on FB?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Have you been on FB?
    Who goes on FB?
    I do, made many new PJ fan friends on there. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Have you been on FB?
    Admittedly, I have not.  I have an account but honestly try and avoid most of the PJ stuff on there.  
    It's a shit show as always. Some seriously asked if the F2F tickets were free
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,227
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Where are the tix? 😊
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    A month after tickets were distributed and it's now the day of the F2F sale at almost 8AM, no one has a clue when it starts, how it is going to function, or granted any time for to upload any tickets they want to sell.

Are they actively trying to make this as difficult and chaotic as possible?

I was feeling the same way as of yesterday, but I’ve come around to thinking that they (meaning Ticketmaster and the club) don’t see this the same way we do. People on this forum are looking at this like it’s a ticket drop and so we think it should be handled the same way in terms of setting & communicating clearly rules and lots of details. From anyone else’s perspective it’s just a convenient feature they’re offering to people who get stuck with tickets they can’t use, and with over a month to go until the shows there’s really no stress/rush that should be involved. 

In other words, it’s not that they’re trying to make this as difficult and chaotic as possible, it’s that they just have a totally different idea about what “this” is. 
    Then they are tone deaf as fuuuuuck.

For one, it's literally been a month since tickets were drawn and distributed.  I cannot for the life of me understand what the rational for this delay for this exchange has been.  If you wanna say there is no 'rush' fine i guess, but on the other hand, what is the benefits of not having this exchange open?  I'm in a small minority, but I have reservations in Baltimore, and i just want as much time as possible to try and figure this out already.

If they read this forum or anything related to this tour and ticket distribution method that has been posted on FB at ALL they would quickly realize that many/most people are very confused and/or frustrated at how this whole thing is being rolled out and maybe try to get ahead of it.

Understand that I don't really blame the band as this is obviously not their lane, but objectively it's pretty hard to say that Version 1.1 of this new ticketing model has gone smoothly so far based on the overall reactions.

They wanted to ensure a sell out first I'm sure
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    Cridder said:
    has anyone listed for sale in fan to fan? has anyone purchased yet?
    NO!! 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Where are the tix? 😊
    I believe hers are first row behind the stage. She's gonna list today. I'd just keep checking sporadically as tix will start popping up once everyone starts posting that the exchange has gone live. Good luck :) 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Has anyone posted a link for the ticket exchange or do we just log into ticketmaster and click on the shows?

I walked into Boston (Mansfield) 3 a casual fan....I floated out a faithful believer.....
  • Options
    Cridder said:
    NO!! 
    Are you sure? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    Cridder said:
    NO!! 
    Are you sure? 
    Has anyone listed yet?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cridder said:
    NO!! 
    Are you sure? 
    Has anyone listed yet?

Nope
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    I'm sure people will take this extra time before any tickets are listed to read and understand the instructions. 
    https://help.ticketmaster.ca/s/article/Fan-to-Fan-Ticket-Exchange?language=en_US

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cridder said:
    NO!! 
    Are you sure? 
    Has anyone listed yet?
    in my tickets it still says " check back for more details" 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    Is parking included?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I am selling back 2 tix for Nashville - I will circle back when the Site allows me...right now the "sell tickets" button is not live.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    yo I may need a Balto GA, for OG face value.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I like waiting in line.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Anyone putting f2f Toronto tix up? 
    If I knew where it was.....I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE! THERES MUCH MORE THAN THIS!
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Anyone putting f2f Toronto tix up? 
    There has been mention of at least a pair of reserved floors near back. Row 18 left side
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    edited February 2020

Wheres the link?

If it's in the standard TM purchase page, why is there zero reference to this feature on that page that is supposed to be active right now or at least provide a time it will be available?

Literally every other band is easier by a multitude of infinity to figure out ticket options.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No doubt about that. But I’d be surprised to find out that they’re stressing over what time exactly it goes live, the way that those of us interested in buying are. 
    If I was looking to sell so-so seats to most shows, I'd want to get them up there fast in the hopes they get snapped up. I could be wrong, but I think there will be upper level seats to most shows that ultimately just hang around. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

Wheres the link?

If it's in the standard TM purchase page, why is there zero reference to this feature on that page that is supposed to be active right now or at least provide a time it will be available?

Literally every other band is easier by a multitude of infinity to figure out ticket options.

go to your TM account and view your tickets.  The sell option is there
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    So not much additional help ....but Belinda at TM replied to my question about start time for selling / buying
    "The option to resell will be provided by the end of today, at this time we can only ask that you keep checking back for the sell button on your account for the order."

I asked what time zone, etc we are talking about:
    "
    Local time, again, we do not have an exact time frame, only that are fans have to check back periodically."

I asked if it was the regular event page or the ticketexchange site:
    "
    The regular event page on Ticketmaster.com. Any further details will be updated on the website with more information on the option to resell the tickets later on today."

• Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    WE DON'T CARE..... YOU WILL GIVE US YOUR MONEY REGARDLESS....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is parking included?
    Yes
    But your non-refundable hotel room is still non-refundable 
  • Options
    Shocker