Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    euchrid said:
    So not much additional help ....but Belinda at TM replied to my question about start time for selling / buying
    "The option to resell will be provided by the end of today, at this time we can only ask that you keep checking back for the sell button on your account for the order."

I asked what time zone, etc we are talking about:
    "Local time, again, we do not have an exact time frame, only that are fans have to check back periodically."

I asked if it was the regular event page or the ticketexchange site:
    "The regular event page on Ticketmaster.com. Any further details will be updated on the website with more information on the option to resell the tickets later on today."

TM has been pretty consistent in the way they've positioned and promoted this exchange as a sell-side service. What's driving everyone here crazy is that we view it as a buy-side opportunity. All of the info/FAQs that they've provided are about how to sell your tickets.
  • Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker

REALLY?
  • Options
    euchrid said:
    Anyone putting f2f Toronto tix up? 
    There has been mention of at least a pair of reserved floors near back. Row 18 left side
    Thx I appreciate the response 
    If I knew where it was.....I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE! THERES MUCH MORE THAN THIS!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker
    That will change....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is parking included?
    Yes
    But your non-refundable hotel room is still non-refundable 
    What about a non-refundable flight?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    IT works like a ticket drop.... and you just click sell when it goes live. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?  Some think there are special rules for 10C.. nope.
    If you go to TM help and search fan to fan exchange you get instructions. 
    It was not set up to help you direct tickets to anyone in particular. 
    Just right place, right time.. like searching for a ticket drop. 

Wheres the link?

If it's in the standard TM purchase page, why is there zero reference to this feature on that page that is supposed to be active right now or at least provide a time it will be available?

Literally every other band is easier by a multitude of infinity to figure out ticket options.

How much easier can it be then......
    1. Login to TM
    2.. Select "my tickets"
    3. Click "see details" on the tickets
    4. Click on "sell tickets"

Easier by a multitude of infinity would be a TM rep coming to your house and doing it for you  
  • Options
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker
    Is it saying that on other shows?  Trying to understand if this show is really ineligible or if the site is just not ready to let any shows resell yet.
    I walked into Boston (Mansfield) 3 a casual fan....I floated out a faithful believer.....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    IT works like a ticket drop.... and you just click sell when it goes live. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?  Some think there are special rules for 10C.. nope.

Wheres the link?

If it's in the standard TM purchase page, why is there zero reference to this feature on that page that is supposed to be active right now or at least provide a time it will be available?

Literally every other band is easier by a multitude of infinity to figure out ticket options.

go to your TM account and view your tickets.  The sell option is there

Thanks. I was also curious about buying 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,193
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker
    The fuck?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    dp-pj-fan said:
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker
    Is it saying that on other shows?  Trying to understand if this show is really ineligible or if the site is just not ready to let any shows resell yet.
    JUST CHILL PEOPLE!!! 
    If you have been using TM any other time in your life you may be aware they throw things up and change them often before things "GO LIVE"....sigh.....just stop freaking out
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840

Wheres the link?

1. Login to TM
    2.. Select "my tickets"

Easier by a multitude of infinity would be a TM rep coming to your house and doing it for you  
    The issue in general is just lack of communication / details. It is easy... until you try to actually do it. If I wanted to sell tickets and was told the 18th..I would follow your steps. But oops... no sell button... no info on what time...where they appear for sale so I can confirm they are live etc. Maybe even worse for the buy side.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    edited February 2020
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker
    Sounds like it isn’t active yet. (Although if you’re looking to sell one I’ll take it off your hands... 😬)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    I am selling back 2 tix for Nashville - I will circle back when the Site allows me...right now the "sell tickets" button is not live.
    Thanks for the heads up BG!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options

Wheres the link?

1. Login to TM
    2.. Select "my tickets"

There is no info regarding buying f2f on the Standard TM event page
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    10 Vitalogy tickets just showed up for the OKC show $990.
  • Options

Wheres the link?

1. Login to TM
    2.. Select "my tickets"

There is no info regarding buying f2f on the Standard TM event page
    Everyone wants to be spoon fed, do a little work like some of us did....go to TM help and TYPE IN FAN TO FAN EXCHANGE...guess what? You'll get the instructions.
  • Options
    dp-pj-fan said:
    SOLAT7979 said:
    Shocker
    JUST CHILL PEOPLE!!! 
    If you have been using TM any other time in your life you may be aware they throw things up and change them often before things "GO LIVE"....sigh.....just stop freaking out

I see fans looking for info they've waiting a month for, not

https://youtu.be/aXgSHL7efKg

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817
    Just in case people were wondering. ISO msg 😂
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    wow, lot of dicks on here today. hope you never ask anyone for help, like, EVER. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,817
    wow, lot of dicks on here today. hope you never ask anyone for help, like, EVER. 

It’s unfortunate 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    I am quite sure the TM customer service is getting bombarded with questions/complaints from desperate fans who are looking to buy tickets today, as a result of their deliberate choice to promote this exchange solely from the sell-side. However, I think they probably chose the lesser of two evils, since if they made the other choice and promoted this as a wonderful opportunity to buy tickets for the shows you missed out on, they'd be in for much worse when the exchanges do open. 

Let's say they had done what everyone here wanted from them, which is to send out an email saying "the F2F exchanges open at 10 am sharp in the relevant time zone. Here are detailed instructions on which buttons to click to buy tickets". When 10 am rolls around and buyers flood the exchanges only to find that no tickets have been posted for sale yet, what do you think the TM customer service switchboard would look like?
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    I triple dog dare someone to let me know when they are selling Baltimore tickets. 
  • Options
    Is the sell option available for shows other than MSG? My MSG tickets have “sell” grayed out. It only allows transfers right now.
  • Options
    PM16037PM16037 Ballston Spa, NY Posts: 1,146
    edited February 2020
    @js188072 transfer me the ticket, and I will transfer you some cash  ;)

murdochanson @ expressobeans.com
    MurdocHanson @ Discogs.com
    Murdoc_Hanson @ collectionzz.com
    Mansfield, Massachusetts (September 16, 1998) / Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000) / Albany, New York (April 29, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 02, 2003) / Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 03, 2003) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004) / Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004) / Kitchener, Ontario (September 11, 2005) / London, Ontario (September 12, 2005) / Hamilton, Ontario (September 13, 2005) / Albany, New York (May 12, 2006) / Hartford, CT (May 15, 2010) / Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 15, 2013) / Worcester, MA (October 16, 2013) / Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013) / Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) / Boston 2 (August 07, 2016) / MSG, NY (September 11, 2022)
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,646
    JS188072 said:
    Is the sell option available for shows other than MSG? My MSG tickets have “sell” grayed out. It only allows transfers right now.
    I think, if you're looking, you can find lots of people who would happily take that transfer. Cough... cough..
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Haha, sorry. Not selling. Trying to get a pair for a friend who got shut out. Wondering if they’ll even let the tix for MSG be sold on fan to fan
  • Options
    RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    JS188072 said:
    I thought MSG was not going to be part of the F2F resale, since you can transfer tickets for MSG.
  • Options
    Roamarco711Roamarco711 Posts: 67
    edited February 2020
    ANYONE ELSE LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW????
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    What time does it begin?
  • Options
    ANYONE ELSE LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW????
    😭😭😭😭😭