Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    Cridder said:
    i have a life to live
    Nah
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    A month after tickets were distributed and it's now the day of the F2F sale at almost 8AM, no one has a clue when it starts, how it is going to function, or granted any time for people to upload any tickets they want to sell.

Are they actively trying to make this as difficult and chaotic as possible?

My guess is it could start at 10a.m. which is usually when tickets go onsale on TM or possibly at 1pm, which is when 10c releases the newsletter.
    You won't need to upload any tix, you'll simply log in to your TM account and click the sell button for seats you won't be able to use.
    Buying for highly desired shows will take luck - it's gonna be like a drop, timing will be everything. I'm hoping to find a pair to Baltimore so my husband and I can sit together. If I succeed, then we'll have two singles to sell.

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    A month after tickets were distributed and it's now the day of the F2F sale at almost 8AM, no one has a clue when it starts, how it is going to function, or granted any time for to upload any tickets they want to sell.

I was feeling the same way as of yesterday, but I’ve come around to thinking that they (meaning Ticketmaster and the club) don’t see this the same way we do. People on this forum are looking at this like it’s a ticket drop and so we think it should be handled the same way in terms of setting & communicating clearly rules and lots of details. From anyone else’s perspective it’s just a convenient feature they’re offering to people who get stuck with tickets they can’t use, and with over a month to go until the shows there’s really no stress/rush that should be involved. 

In other words, it’s not that they’re trying to make this as difficult and chaotic as possible, it’s that they just have a totally different idea about what “this” is. 
    Then they are tone deaf as fuuuuuck.

For one, it's literally been a month since tickets were drawn and distributed.  I cannot for the life of me understand what the rational for this delay for this exchange has been.  If you wanna say there is no 'rush' fine i guess, but on the other hand, what is the benefits of not having this exchange open?  I'm in a small minority, but I have reservations in Baltimore, and i just want as much time as possible to try and figure this out already.

If they read this forum or anything related to this tour and ticket distribution method that has been posted on FB at ALL they would quickly realize that many/most people are very confused and/or frustrated at how this whole thing is being rolled out and maybe try to get ahead of it.

Understand that I don't really blame the band as this is obviously not their lane, but objectively it's pretty hard to say that Version 1.1 of this new ticketing model has gone smoothly so far based on the overall reactions.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ....and honestly, it's 8AM on the day of and we STILL specifically do not know how this is going to work.  I mean, we think we know it's gonna be through the regular ticket sale site, but no one is sure yet....and sellers still have not been given any time or instructions on how to upload their tickets.  

If you haven't noticed, a large % of PJ fans are not exactly the most tech savvy (apologies if you are offended), and many need to have their hand held on how to navigate this kinda stuff. 

Giving no real specific instructions up to the date the sale on how this is going to all work is going to be a recipe for disaster.

Post edited by Saltzy23 on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,365
    IT works like a ticket drop.... and you just click sell when it goes live. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?  Some think there are special rules for 10C.. nope.
    If you go to TM help and search fan to fan exchange you get instructions. 
    It was not set up to help you direct tickets to anyone in particular. 
    Just right place, right time.. like searching for a ticket drop. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Saltzy23 said:
    ....and honestly, it's 8AM on the day of and we STILL specifically do not know how this is going to work.  I mean, we think we know it's gonna be through the regular ticket sale site, but no one is sure yet....and sellers still have not been given any time or instructions on how to upload their tickets.  

If you haven't noticed, a large % of PJ fans are not exactly the most tech savvy (apologies if you are offended), and many need to have their hand held on how to navigate this kinda stuff. 

Giving no real specific instructions up to the date the sale on how this is going to all work is going to be a recipe for disaster.

Remember day of Vitalogy Foundation tix were supposed to go on sale there was no announcement and select tix just randomly showed up over the next day or two. For as much as they charge for “convenience fees” you’d think they have this shit figured out. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    IT works like a ticket drop.... and you just click sell when it goes live. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT?  Some think there are special rules for 10C.. nope.
    Correct. It really is a simple process.  When people sell they become available.  Click on any other artist or event and you ll see.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Correct. It really is a simple process.  When people sell they become available.  Click on any other artist or event and you ll see.  
    Is it confirmed that people already have the options to sell their tix? I have tix for MSG where this isn’t an option. 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    edited February 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    A month after tickets were distributed and it's now the day of the F2F sale at almost 8AM, no one has a clue when it starts, how it is going to function, or granted any time for to upload any tickets they want to sell.

I was feeling the same way as of yesterday, but I’ve come around to thinking that they (meaning Ticketmaster and the club) don’t see this the same way we do. People on this forum are looking at this like it’s a ticket drop and so we think it should be handled the same way in terms of setting & communicating clearly rules and lots of details. From anyone else’s perspective it’s just a convenient feature they’re offering to people who get stuck with tickets they can’t use, and with over a month to go until the shows there’s really no stress/rush that should be involved. 

In other words, it’s not that they’re trying to make this as difficult and chaotic as possible, it’s that they just have a totally different idea about what “this” is. 
    Then they are tone deaf as fuuuuuck.

For one, it's literally been a month since tickets were drawn and distributed.  I cannot for the life of me understand what the rational for this delay for this exchange has been.  If you wanna say there is no 'rush' fine i guess, but on the other hand, what is the benefits of not having this exchange open?  I'm in a small minority, but I have reservations in Baltimore, and i just want as much time as possible to try and figure this out already.

If they read this forum or anything related to this tour and ticket distribution method that has been posted on FB at ALL they would quickly realize that many/most people are very confused and/or frustrated at how this whole thing is being rolled out and maybe try to get ahead of it.

Understand that I don't really blame the band as this is obviously not their lane, but objectively it's pretty hard to say that Version 1.1 of this new ticketing model has gone smoothly so far based on the overall reactions.

Again, their goal is not to provide a convenient way for people who don’t have tickets to get some. Their goal is the provide a convenient way for people with extra tickets to sell them. I know that seems like a distinction without a difference since their are two sides to every transaction, but it really does help explain what we (on the prospective “buy side”) see as an otherwise unacceptable lack of details. If you’re sitting on a ticket or two that you already know you can’t use 6 weeks from now, “hey come back on or after 2/18 and you can get your money back” is good enough. Nobody who’s in that situation (other than any scalpers/brokers who found themselves with unsaleable inventory on their books for the last month, but fuck them) is sitting around this morning saying “but what time exactly can I post my tickets???”. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is it confirmed that people already have the options to sell their tix? I have tix for MSG where this isn’t an option. 
    Try to sell your msg tickets to me.    That way we will all know.  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Again, assuming you are tech savvy this all seems very obvious. 

It also seemed 'easy' to figure out how to select the shows you wanted to enter the 10C lotto for and reorder them based on your preference and I figured it out in 2 seconds.   Many, many people had no clue what they were doing and thought it went in the order that you selected the shows by default.

Go read the FB posts on this.

People are completely lost on how this is going to work.

I've learned a valuable lesson in my career the last decade. Never assume people will get even the simplest of tasks if you do not break them out and explain it to them like they are a 4 year old child.

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Omg... you all act like it's a sale day where you have to get in right at 10am local!
    Tickets will drop,  you've just got to keep checking... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. 
    Oh.. and agree 1000%... this is great for the people selling extras. Pretty much guaranteed to get your money back unless selling behind stage QC or OAK2
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haha the sell button is greyed out
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Try the transfer button....
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ok no problem. I ll just send you my email address 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Omg... you all act like it's a sale day where you have to get in right at 10am local!
    Tickets will drop,  you've just got to keep checking... maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. 
    Oh.. and agree 1000%... this is great for the people selling extras. Pretty much guaranteed to get your money back unless selling behind stage QC or OAK2
    We just want to know when the sale starts. It’s not too much to ask. If you have the patience to wait that’s great for you. Some, including myself, would rather secure tix now and move on. 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    We just want to know when the sale starts. It’s not too much to ask. If you have the patience to wait that’s great for you. Some, including myself, would rather secure tix now and move on. 
    The “sale” starts whenever someone posts their tickets for sale. I’ve thought about whether it would have made sense for TM to hold back primary inventory to post on the exchange when it goes live, but I can’t think of why they would do such a thing. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Absolutely correct. It's going to be all about timing. Many people will put extras up today since they'll want to get their refunds. Some people will list in the coming weeks because their situation has changed and now they can't go. Some people will list at the last minute because ticket buddies flaked on them or whatever. It's great that we now have a way to unload tix we can't use instead of eating the cost.
    As for MSG, still curious to see if those tix will be able to be sold via this platform since they are already transferable which makes F2F unnecessary. The actual safetix for MSG aren't even available in our TM accounts until March 27 so will be interesting to see how that affects transferability.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,919
    Saltzy23 said:

It also seemed 'easy' to figure out how to select the shows you wanted to enter the 10C lotto for and reorder them based on your preference and I figured it out in 2 seconds.   Many, many people had no clue what they were doing and thought it went in the order that you selected the shows by default.

I've learned a valuable lesson in my career the last decade. Never assume people will get even the simplest of tasks if you do not break them out and explain it to them like they are a 4 year old child.

How are people completely lost on how this is going to work?? The only think we don't know is when people can start listing, and how long after they are listed will they be available?  Other than that, it's as simple as going on the site, seeing the tickets listed, and buying them.  

I don't think it's really on TM to breakdown a relatively simple process.  It's not their fault that people are impatient, don't read through rules/instructions, and just assume things.  
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The “sale” starts whenever someone posts their tickets for sale. I’ve thought about whether it would have made sense for TM to hold back primary inventory to post on the exchange when it goes live, but I can’t think of why they would do such a thing. 
    I understand. But first the person with tix needs to have the option to sell. Is the “Sell” button blue when you check your tix. If yes, the fan to fan sale has officially begun. 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No ...the "sale" starts when the blue arrow marked SELL goes live under your tickets on TM
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No ...the "sale" starts when the blue arrow marked SELL goes live under your tickets on TM
    Exactly
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    has anyone listed for sale in fan to fan? has anyone purchased yet?
  • Options
    BugCityForTheNightBugCityForTheNight Canberra, Australia Posts: 73
    No option to sell tix yet, Baltimore tix (not selling) don't have the option to sell yet, it's still greyed out.
    2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • Options
    Cridder said:
    No
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,919
    Cridder said:
    It's not available yet.  Probably in the next few hours.  
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My apologies. When I see the question “when does the sale start” I naturally see it from the perspective of the buyer rather than the seller. I personally have a hard time imagining anyone (again, other than a scalper) who is anxiously waiting to find out the exact second when they can list their tickets for shows happening over a month from now. But maybe that’s a failure of imagination on my part. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

How are people completely lost on how this is going to work?? The only think we don't know is when people can start listing, and how long after they are listed will they be available?  Other than that, it's as simple as going on the site, seeing the tickets listed, and buying them.  

I don't think it's really on TM to breakdown a relatively simple process.  It's not their fault that people are impatient, don't read through rules/instructions, and just assume things.  
    Have you been on FB?
  • Options
    Sell option isn’t available on either of mine yet
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    I would say, start looking when the sell button becomes available. No need to keep checking until that happens
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2