Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    I’m pooping right now to make sure I’m not full of shit. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    Are we supposed to be getting an email with a code to participate in the fan to fan exchange tomorrow?

Didn’t read the whole thread so if it’s already been answered just let me know. Thanks!
    No, tickets will just show up on the normal event page for each show.
    Do you mind telling me where you got this info? There is someone on Reddit saying 10c sent emails to eligible fans with a code to enter the exchange. 

Thanks. 
    no....just log in to TM and you're good to go
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    Want to sell your tickets? Log into your account, go to your tickets, look for a sell button.
    Want to buy tickets? Go to the event page and refresh like crazy. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Are we supposed to be getting an email with a code to participate in the fan to fan exchange tomorrow?

Didn’t read the whole thread so if it’s already been answered just let me know. Thanks!
    Do you mind telling me where you got this info? There is someone on Reddit saying 10c sent emails to eligible fans with a code to enter the exchange. 

Thanks. 
    From Ticketmaster, and this is also how the ticket exchange works for other events through TM
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Go back a page or three in this thread for all the info you need
  • Options

Thanks. 
    From Ticketmaster, and this is also how the ticket exchange works for other events through TM
    I just called TM and they had no information on how this was going to work and what time it goes live or where.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options

• Options
    Do I get to pick who I exchange my tickets to?

No, when listing tickets on the Exchange they will be made available for sale on a first come, first served basis.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I can't wait for how big of a shit show it is tomorrow.  It's gonna be the classic "Whoops another fan has beat you to those tickets" message every time we try to checkout.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,153
    I can't wait for how big of a shit show it is tomorrow.  It's gonna be the classic "Whoops another fan has beat you to those tickets" message every time we try to checkout.
    I'm not sure if that message applies to resale. Usually for the resale tix, there's no timer to complete checkout like with standard tix. So it may just be whoever completes checkout first gets them. 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    I'm not sure if that message applies to resale. Usually for the resale tix, there's no timer to complete checkout like with standard tix. So it may just be whoever completes checkout first gets them. 
    True true, should be interesting.  I wonder what time everything goes live.  I am assuming 10am local time
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    True true, should be interesting.  I wonder what time everything goes live.  I am assuming 10am local time
    And if it does open then, will there be any tickets yet? I guess only if it allows people to list them before then. As of now the "sell" button isn't live 
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    And if it does open then, will there be any tickets yet? I guess only if it allows people to list them before then. As of now the "sell" button isn't live 
    We can only wait and see.  Good luck to you.  I am trying for two at MSG and I am sure tons of others will be trying for that date too.
  • Options
    RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    All these Pearl Jam ticket sales use the term "Fan" too loosely.  The Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange has nothing to do with being a member of the Ten Club "Fan" Club.  And it has nothing to do with having registered for the Ticketmaster Verified "Fan" Presale.  It just means you can sell and buy your tickets as part of the normal Ticketmaster Verifird Resale process.  The only difference is that it can only be sold at regular ticket price.  I wish everything was not called "Fan".
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,335
    edited February 2020
    As others have said, I think it's going to be a right place, right time type of scenario for scoring tickets rather than getting there right when the exchange opens for the simple reason that it really depends on when people with extras put their tickets up. While people with extras would obviously want to exchange/move those tickets sooner rather than later, I highly doubt that those people are chomping at the bit to list them right at 10. I could obviously be completely wrong but I just imagine it being more a case where people list their extras when they get around to it over the first day or two.
  • Options
    As others have said, I think it's going to be a right place, right time type of scenario for scoring tickets rather than getting there right when the exchange opens for the simple reason that it really depends on when people with extras put their tickets up. While people with extras would obviously want to exchange/move those tickets sooner rather than later, I highly doubt that those people are chomping at the bit to list them right at 10. I could obviously be completely wrong but I just imagine it being more a case where people list their extras when they get around to it over the first day or two.
    Yeah for all we know, they could post them literally a day before the concert they are selling.  Should be fun and not stressful at all haha
  • Options
    Yeah, it is strange to me that they didn't offer the chance to list your tickets at least a few days before the sale starts. That would have built up at least a little bit of inventory.  

• Options
    Or 3 or 9
  • Options
    Yeah for all we know, they could post them literally a day before the concert they are selling.  Should be fun and not stressful at all haha
    This is not going to happen. The turnaround from when a person lists them to when they are put up for sale is rather quick from what I read.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,341
    I seriously doubt that a lot of people will sell their tickets back right away. Some will wait... many still trying to trade. So there will be slim pickings 
  • Options
    It's exactly a TICKET DROP! YOU JUST KEEP CHECKING.... maybe get lucky.. that's all there is to it
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I seriously doubt that a lot of people will sell their tickets back right away. Some will wait... many still trying to trade. So there will be slim pickings 

How is a trade possible when the purchaser must enter the venue with their electronic, bar code regenerating Orwellian nightmare of a secure ticket situation.  I'd love to help a 10C member get my two floor seats for Toronto but the limitations seem ironclad. 

I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Not going through how you can do it again... it's been described 100x... you just have to be at the show to scan them in
  • Options
    Not going through how you can do it again... it's been described 100x... you just have to be at the show to scan them in
    It's never been addressed if you are giving away 2 GAs and you are not going to be in GA
  • Options
    Not going to describe it and then you describe it lol. 

Or you could swap ticketmaster logins and then you don't have to be there 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    rollings said:
    It's never been addressed if you are giving away 2 GAs and you are not going to be in GA
    Same...if I'm selling/trading/ swapping I still have to scan them in or give them my TM login info... doesn't matter what kind of ticket it is
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    This all sounds sketchy and risky.  Thanks for the info.  Its F2F time and I hope the member I keep in the loop when I release them, gets them.  Cant wait for the Gigaton hat trick.  Toronto, Ottawa and Hamilton...drop the leash.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    TalonTedd said:
    This all sounds sketchy and risky.  Thanks for the info.  Its F2F time and I hope the member I keep in the loop when I release them, gets them.  Cant wait for the Gigaton hat trick.  Toronto, Ottawa and Hamilton...drop the leash.
    It is risky and sketchy... unless joy know that person you are transacting with
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. 
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    I don't know....I think there will be a lot of people selling initially.  Me for example....I got tix to Oak1 via TM but also scored 10c tix so I'm putting TM tix up for grabs.

My prediction is that there will be a ton of tickets listed at first and then it will just trickle in until a few days before the show.

No incentive for scalpers really.  Although I guess this has given them plenty of time to set up multiple accounts so that they can just sell the account itself.

Should be fun