Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    it means people are free to pay what they want but don't complain about the price if you choose to spend it
    People are free to complain. Don’t read or respond to it. Just like people are free to gloat about going to 4 shows at face value. 
  • Options
    Will this be available for other shows or just PJ?
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    We still don’t have the most important piece of info: what time will these exchanges be going live?
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I have not been able to find this-- is there a special site or subsite where you should  buy tickets on the exchange ? Or would you buy them just like any other TM ticket?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    rollings said:
    I have not been able to find this-- is there a special site or subsite where you should  buy tickets on the exchange ? Or would you buy them just like any other TM ticket?
    https://help.ticketmaster.ca/s/article/Fan-to-Fan-Ticket-Exchange?language=en_US
  • Options
    rollings said:
    https://help.ticketmaster.ca/s/article/Fan-to-Fan-Ticket-Exchange?language=en_US
    I read that.  It doesn't say
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    Yeah I don’t see that either.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rollings said:
    rollings said:
    Yeah I don’t see that either.  
    It says to "turn to the Exchange" to buy.  But there's not a separate link or anything so I'm going to  assume that you buy them just like any other TM ticket.  I just wish I knew this for sure beforehand 
  • Options
    Jason7192 said:
    I'd bet that the fan-to-fan ticket exchange for PJ is going to work very similar to the ticket exchange they already have set up for NBA, NHL, etc. No need for them to completely reinvent the wheel & design a totally different platform.

Since they (Ticketmaster) already know what we paid for the tix, it would be pretty easy for them to just modify their existing platform to cap the sale amount at the amount originally paid instead of allowing the seller to choose the amount. 

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/
    Aha.  This may be the link needed to buy tickets on the exchange 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    edited February 2020
    rollings said:
    Jason7192 said:
    I'd bet that the fan-to-fan ticket exchange for PJ is going to work very similar to the ticket exchange they already have set up for NBA, NHL, etc. No need for them to completely reinvent the wheel & design a totally different platform.

Since they (Ticketmaster) already know what we paid for the tix, it would be pretty easy for them to just modify their existing platform to cap the sale amount at the amount originally paid instead of allowing the seller to choose the amount. 

I just did a trial run with the Montreal Canadiens vs Phoenix Coyotes on Mar 3rd. It takes you to the same page whether you go through that link or the main page search link. It also has regular sale tickets mixed in with secondary sales. I am betting we can just go on the main page for Pearl Jam and it will be the same.  
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    rollings said:
    Jason7192 said:

I just did a trial run with the Montreal Canadiens vs Phoenix Coyotes on Mar 3rd. It takes you to the same page whether you go through that link or the main page search link. It also has regular sale tickets mixed in with secondary sales. I am betting we can just go on the main page for Pearl Jam and it will be the same.  
    Oh cool, thanks for researching. 
  • Options
    ApecarroApecarro Posts: 118
    So you just go into ticket master and try to buy tickets?  There isn’t a designated section of their web site or a certain link?  Has anyone seen what time they are going to start the exchange?
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    They start just after I buy tickets first.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    Basically starting tomorrow if someone has tickets they decide they don’t want/need anymore they can go on Ticketmaster and “return” their tickets.  At this point the tickets will be put back up for sale.  There’s no set time, it just depends on when the tix pop back up inventory.  

So if you’re looking for tix to a show you just need to keep checking to see if tickets are available.  You’ll either be in the right place at the right time or you won’t .

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    rollings said:
    Jason7192 said:

When I was looking at this a couple weeks ago (I was looking at a specific Celtics game as an example), you could buy/list on the dedicated exchange website, and the map view for the available seats looked just like the little blue dots on the normal Ticketmaster event page. The excact same seats also appeared on the regular Ticketmaster event page as pink verified resale seats.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    If the people willing to pay thousands for MSG just save it for a few months they can probably see 3-4 shows for the price of 1 MSG ticket.

It woulda been nice had they announced some fall shows to diminish the East spring anxiety of some willing to spend $3000 a pair on SH or $4600 on charity tickets. But had they made that announcement, that $4600 opportunity would not exist.
  • Options
    If the people willing to pay thousands for MSG just save it for a few months they can probably see 3-4 shows for the price of 1 MSG ticket.

It woulda been nice had they announced some fall shows to diminish the East spring anxiety of some willing to spend $3000 a pair on SH or $4600 on charity tickets. But had they made that announcement, that $4600 opportunity would not exist.
    Blaming the band for inciting anxiety causing people to spend large amounts of money? 
    Jeezus... there will be shows east of the Mississippi....
  • Options
    hokejdhokejd Posts: 10
    Sorry if this is a dumb question....

if you couldn’t go to a show, but wanted to have a friend go in your place, couldn’t they just login to the TM app with your username and password and access your tickets. 

I understand the intent of “non-transferable” but I feel giving tickets to a friend isn’t violating the intent here. 

Any help is appreciated 
    9/24/96 Columbia, MD; 8/25/98 Pittsburgh, PA; 9/05/00 Pittsburgh, PA
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA; 5/03/03 State College, PA; 7/01/03 Washington, DC
    7/05/03 Camden, NJ; 7/12/03 Hershey, PA; 10/1/04 Reading, PA
    10/3/05 Philadelphia, PA; 5/28/06 Philadelphia, PA
    5/30/06 Washington, DC; 6/22/08 Washington, DC
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    hokejd said:

if you couldn’t go to a show, but wanted to have a friend go in your place, couldn’t they just login to the TM app with your username and password and access your tickets. 

I understand the intent of “non-transferable” but I feel giving tickets to a friend isn’t violating the intent here. 

Any help is appreciated 
    hokejd said:

Any help is appreciated 
    If it's someone you trust....fine..it's up to you...the arena doesn't care
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,613
    Its been mentioned about msg, but I think you can count denver out of the f2f sale as well. Although some of the less than desirable seats for denver arent nearly as inflated as nyc so I suppose some ticketholders may choose to dump there tickets on ticketmaster instead.

On another note, I havent decided whether Im going to be traveling to NYC from Philadelphia empty handed on the day of the show yet, but for anyone that wants to go, lives in NY and has no tickets, Id highly recommend giving it a shot.

Anecdotal story...in 2016, I decided to go to the 2nd Philly show without tickets on a whim. My plan was to go to the box office and score a last minute ticket drop. That did not work out. Tickets were going for thousands on stubhub. Possibly not quite as high of a demand, but the prices were pretty comparable to msg this year. I manged to score a ticket 5 minutes before the show outside the gates at face value, and I saw other desperate fans getting the same luck. Bottom line is that people can ask for whatever crazy price they want for these tickets on stubhub, but that doesnt mean theyre selling. For the love of affordable tickets, no one should be buying them. Once the show is approaching, those prices should drop or there will be a lot of scalpers eating tickets. Either that, or PJ fans are just nuts and are feeding the beast. It takes a collective effort, but again, no one should be paying these prices.

Anyway, just to add to my story....the band took the stage as soon as i walked through security. I started scrambling to figure out where i was going (i think i had balcony nosebleeds) and just walked into the first entrance i saw as i didnt want to be walking all over the building for the start of the show. Kept walking down the steps looking for an opening. Found a nice open isle seat, front row on a side section in the middle of the ga pit. Mustve been a seat belonging to a scalper. Ended up being a better spot than ga, and Pearl Jam proceeded to play ten front to back. 

One of my more memorable concert experiences.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    It is going to cost at least $500 to get in the door at MSG if you dont find someone on here that has an extra.  Cost me $300 in 2016, but at least I was in front of the stage. This year will be more, much more.  And that stinks.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    It is going to cost at least $500 to get in the door at MSG if you dont find someone on here that has an extra.  Cost me $300 in 2016, but at least I was in front of the stage. This year will be more, much more.  And that stinks.
    If you can take off work I waited in line at the box office and was probably 30th in line and got lower bowl face value tickets for 85 bucks in 2016. Hoping I can have the same luck this time too. Got there around 11am. 
  • Options
    Take this with a grain of salt, but I just chatted with TM customer service and they told me that they exchange will open up in the normal timeframe for ticket drops, so their best guess was between 10am and 12pm local time.
  • Options
    Are we supposed to be getting an email with a code to participate in the fan to fan exchange tomorrow?

Didn’t read the whole thread so if it’s already been answered just let me know. Thanks!
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    Are we supposed to be getting an email with a code to participate in the fan to fan exchange tomorrow?

Didn’t read the whole thread so if it’s already been answered just let me know. Thanks!
    No, tickets will just show up on the normal event page for each show.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited February 2020
    Get_Right said:
    If you can take off work I waited in line at the box office and was probably 30th in line and got lower bowl face value tickets for 85 bucks in 2016. Hoping I can have the same luck this time too. Got there around 11am. 
    Awesome. I dont have the ability to spend a day waiting in line. I have done that in the past, but I think the odds this time around are much lower. Funny thing is I am not stressed about it. A ticket will find is way to me somehow.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,797
    I’m guess the portal for transferring your tickets to the exchange opens tomorrow as well.  

Thought it might open earlier so their are tickets on there when it starts 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options

Do you mind telling me where you got this info? There is someone on Reddit saying 10c sent emails to eligible fans with a code to enter the exchange. 

Thanks. 
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    I got shut out on all sales for Toronto and Hamilton so I'd love to know what time this sale opens and where. I wish TM or Ten Club would provide some info

"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884

Do you mind telling me where you got this info? There is someone on Reddit saying 10c sent emails to eligible fans with a code to enter the exchange. 

Thanks. 
    Reddit person is full of shit. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."